Elementary school shooting

shhhhh

they will want to ban speed loaders too
:eusa_shhh: My Mossberg holds nine rounds.

they might want to ban long barreled goose guns so that we can't shoot down airliners too

They also need to ban Danny Vermin's .88 magnum.

400px-JohnnyDangerously-88Mag01.jpg

It was made for him special. It "shoots through schools" :eek:

And my gun control proposal guarantees that.

I guarantee your "proposal" will never happen
And I guarantee that without some realistic ban on weapons of mass destruction, there will be further tragedies and mass shootings. Take the "mass" out of "mass shooting" by taking high capacity magazines and semi or fully automatic firing systems out of the hands of the citizenry. Such shootings never happened until the gun lobby got its way. And now we all suffer. Suffer in the truest sense. Not the bleating and braying of some gun nuts bitterly clinging to their Rambo fantasies.

a semi 22 is a weapon of mass destruction?

You are a loon

And I guarantee that without some realistic ban on weapons of mass destruction, there will be further tragedies and mass shootings. Take the "mass" out of "mass shooting" by taking high capacity magazines and semi or fully automatic firing systems out of the hands of the citizenry. Such shootings never happened until the gun lobby got its way. And now we all suffer. Suffer in the truest sense. Not the bleating and braying of some gun nuts bitterly clinging to their Rambo fantasies.
There is an international treaty and ban on WMDs.

We're talking guns here.
There are guns designed for sport. there are guns designed for self defense. And then there are guns designed for the military and law enforcement. Those guns fire multiple rounds per second and can continue to fire so long as a high capacity magazine is attached. Those guns are weapons of mass destruction. Those are the weapons responsible for the modern phenomena of the "mass shooting". Those are the weapons a well regulated militia should be responsible for.

Just got back from running errands, one of them at Target. I kept looking at all the families there with their small children and just cannot stop thinking of those poor little kids. I cannot imagine what kind of sick individual could do something like this. What was going through their mind? What was the point of this heinous act? They killed themselves in the end ... why kill so many others too? How does anyone pull the trigger and kill a six year old kid? It all just makes me cry.

I own gun and registering it would not present any restriction on my freedom to own it.

The less information the government has the better for the American people.

This from the guy whose fantasy group is made up of some of the most scrutinized, well documented citizens in America....Law Enforcement Officers.

When I stopped being a police officer do you think I would also stop having any contact with with my friends? They are also fed up with what is going on.

Ignorance as an answer now? Tell me, how has ignorance served the greater good?

Weapons registration serves any government well that now has strict gun control and out right bans.
Fine! I think we should know who owns weapons designed for soldiers and take those weapons away right now.

Please by all means lead the charge stay in front. Don't send in others that you wouldn't do yourself.

What use are they?
What legitimate use are they? What reason can be given that trumps the lives of so many fallen by the use of such weapons? Why should the rights of an owner of such weapons be greater than the rights of children anticipating Christmas?[/QUOTE]

:lame2:

Why should the rights of someone criminally insane be greater than the rights of children anticipating Christmas?

I think the lame part was using a knee jerk reaction to make a point.

You are a loon
If it is fitted with a magazine capable of holding more than ten rounds I submit that the presence of a .22 semi automatic weapon in any public venue can be used as a weapon of mass destruction. We're not talking about some rednecks at the gun range or a few hillbillies shooting rats behind the trailer park. I'm talking about someone carrying a semi automatic rifle into a school, a theater, a restaurant and opening up on the innocent. Wouldn't you agree that then a semi auto .22 is a weapon of mass destruction?

You are a loon
If it is fitted with a magazine capable of holding more than ten rounds I submit that the presence of a .22 semi automatic weapon in any public venue can be used as a weapon of mass destruction. We're not talking about some rednecks at the gun range or a few hillbillies shooting rats behind the trailer park. I'm talking about someone carrying a semi automatic rifle into a school, a theater, a restaurant and opening up on the innocent. Wouldn't you agree that then a semi auto .22 is a weapon of mass destruction?

You are a jack ass.

Yeah, the US military found tons of nerve gas stockpiled in Iraq but that wasnt enough to justify our invasion, and yet a 22 with more than ten rounds is a WMD?

Apparently you libtard fascists are not realizing that people are catching on to your bullshit.

My idea for gun control is simple. Bolt action rifles, pump action shotguns and revolvers are perfectly legal and should not be regulated other than registration in a national data base and ballistic fingerprinting for identification if these weapons are used to commit a crime.

Any and all weapons with semi or fully automatic firing systems, all magazines that can hold more than ten rounds are illegal and the sale, import, distribution and ownership of such weapons is subject to federal law. Such weapons must be surrendered at once to local law enforcement. Any such weapons discovered after the surrender period will also be confiscated and the owner subject to a mandatory prison term in federal prison.

well at least we have a definition :clap2:

my Ruger 10/22 is a semi-auto .22 rimfire

Still wanna confiscate that?

there are semi-auto shotguns out there as well as semi sporting rifles.

Wanna confiscate them too?

Wannna melt down museum pieces?

Any of the semi-auto firearms that the Feds want will need to be purchased at fair market value.

The aforementioned 10/22 has had a VQ drop in accurizing kit installed. The Feds will need to come up with some loot to get it.

Will you gun grabbbers, yes that is what you are, be willing to pony up money to buy them back b/c you are not using my tax dollars to do it.
When you legally surrender your weapons you will receive a receipt that will allow you to deduct the price of the weapon from your income tax.

My life is worth more money than the government can print. No fucking sale.

The less information the government has the better for the American people.

This from the guy whose fantasy group is made up of some of the most scrutinized, well documented citizens in America....Law Enforcement Officers.

When I stopped being a police officer do you think I would also stop having any contact with with my friends? They are also fed up with what is going on.

Three out of five Internet forum posters who claim that they were once police officers are lying.

Last edited:
well at least we have a definition :clap2:

my Ruger 10/22 is a semi-auto .22 rimfire

Still wanna confiscate that?

there are semi-auto shotguns out there as well as semi sporting rifles.

Wanna confiscate them too?

Wannna melt down museum pieces?

Any of the semi-auto firearms that the Feds want will need to be purchased at fair market value.

The aforementioned 10/22 has had a VQ drop in accurizing kit installed. The Feds will need to come up with some loot to get it.

Will you gun grabbbers, yes that is what you are, be willing to pony up money to buy them back b/c you are not using my tax dollars to do it.
When you legally surrender your weapons you will receive a receipt that will allow you to deduct the price of the weapon from your income tax.

And what value do you place on the lives of the victims of your precious utterly ridiculous weapons of war?

Three out of five Internet forum posters who claim that they were once police officers is lying.

I could care less what the other three say., or for what it's worth what you think your opinion and speculation doesn't change what I have accomplished in my life.

I hadn't heard that the gunman was homeschooled. His high school adviser has been quoted in several articles. It is possible that he was homeschooled at some point?

Everyone has questions and wants to find solutions. Maybe there is something that can be done. It seems to be a very small percentage of the population that commits such heinous crimes.

I just don't know.

Yes it was reported that he was home schooled some as I stated in my post.

Adam Lanza's Mom Pulled Him Out of School: Relative - ABC News

ok. In one article it said that she had was there/at school if he had a problem.

Maybe by this time next week we will have some semblance of 'facts'.

Yesterday, somewhere online, I read that his mother was some sort of 'survivalist'. Then later heard on the news that she was a friendly person who enjoyed gardening and also collected guns. Much speculation about why she would collect guns but I dismissed that--some people do. Perhaps her father collected guns --the possibilities are endless.

So--she worked in finance, had 2 boys, got a divorce, enjoyed landscaping her yard, homeschooled her son and was generally described as an average member of the community.

It sounds like her son had these issues for many years and that they more than likely sought professional help.

At this time we are at the mercy of what is being reported and often times the media is incorrect or twists things to fit an agenda. I just offered a link to show where I read he was home schooled. I only mentioned home schooling because Ravi addressed it as an option in her post.

I have no idea what help he received if any nor what was sought by his parents. I am not even certain he has been diagnosed with any illness. Just here like everyone else discussing issues.

And what value do you place on the lives of the victims of your precious utterly ridiculous weapons of war?

You place less value on life when you prevent that life from defending itself.
The government has proven itself too be untrustworthy My weapons will remain in my possession . Your knee jerk reaction is just that nothing more nothing less.

There is an international treaty and ban on WMDs.

We're talking guns here.
There are guns designed for sport. there are guns designed for self defense. And then there are guns designed for the military and law enforcement. Those guns fire multiple rounds per second and can continue to fire so long as a high capacity magazine is attached. Those guns are weapons of mass destruction. Those are the weapons responsible for the modern phenomena of the "mass shooting". Those are the weapons a well regulated militia should be responsible for.
:lol: WMDs are not guns. They have specific qualities and definitions. You can keep trying to say that guns are WMDs, but definitions disagree.

Get a grip...you're looking stupid using an inaccurate term.

Ban airplanes. Too many folks die because of them.

Ban cars, too. Especially ban alcohol.

When planes crash, there is a HUGE effort to trace causes and come up with solutions.

There is not a concerted effort to say "Oh well, price of flying" and wholesale bashing of those who come up with concerns.

Gunshots were the manner of death but not the motive for the killings.

Many objects and things can kill us and do in the hands of the wrong people or when other human factors intercede or something or someone fails. The objects in themselves are not dangerous.

A safely parked car does no harm. Put a drunk driver behind the wheel of that same car and it can do the same harm and destruction as a gun.

Ban airplanes. Too many folks die because of them.

Ban cars, too. Especially ban alcohol.

When planes crash, there is a HUGE effort to trace causes and come up with solutions.

There is not a concerted effort to say "Oh well, price of flying" and wholesale bashing of those who come up with concerns.

Many objects and things can kill us and do in the hands of the wrong people or when other human factors intercede or something or someone fails. The objects in themselves are not dangerous.

A safely parked car does no harm. Put a drunk driver behind the wheel of that same car and it can do the same harm and destruction as a gun.
Still, it actually IS the price of flying. Each time anyone gets on an airplane, there is a chance that it will crash or some POS will make it crash.

Life is rough, but I think it would be harder if I had to spend my life as a bubble boy.

Still, it actually IS the price of flying. Each time anyone gets on an airplane, there is a chance that it will crash or some POS will make it crash.

Life is rough, but I think it would be harder if I had to spend my life as a bubble boy.

Definitely. And I long ago decided I did not need nor want government over-regulating my life in order to keep me "safe". I know life is without guarantees. I accept all the obvious laws but to think more gun laws will prevent what happened Friday is simply shortsighted imo.

If we banned every gun no one still would be able to guarantee us these mass killings will never happen again. No one.

Three out of five Internet forum posters who claim that they were once police officers is lying.

I could care less what the other three say., or for what it's worth what you think your opinion and speculation doesn't change what I have accomplished in my life.

Yeah.....I'm leaning toward not believing that you were once a police officer.

Forum List

Back