Elementary school shooting

America's gun owners will not stand for registration... and rightfully so... so that's not ever gonna happen...

and ballistic fingerprinting has been shown to be a complete waste of time and money where it's been tried...
I own gun and registering it would not present any restriction on my freedom to own it.

The less information the government has the better for the American people.

This from the guy whose fantasy group is made up of some of the most scrutinized, well documented citizens in America....Law Enforcement Officers.

Last edited:
I own them and will keep them
What use are they?
What legitimate use are they? What reason can be given that trumps the lives of so many fallen by the use of such weapons? Why should the rights of an owner of such weapons be greater than the rights of children anticipating Christmas?[/QUOTE]

:lame2:

Why should the rights of someone criminally insane be greater than the rights of children anticipating Christmas?

you do realize that you need a special federal license to have a full auto weapon, correct?

I can't afford a MG 42 or a MP 44 for that matter. They are expensive and out of the price range of most people. There are not that many out there.

most of my guns are pump shotguns, bolt rifles, revolvers and black powder.

Pretty run of the mill.

would a Ruger 10/22 fall under your definition of assault rifle?

Last weekend I developed a load and zeroed a flintlock rifle for example.

The previous two weekends were spent doing the same thing for a pair of civil war repro muskets.

Wanna regulate them too?
My idea for gun control is simple. Bolt action rifles, pump action shotguns and revolvers are perfectly legal and should not be regulated other than registration in a national data base and ballistic fingerprinting for identification if these weapons are used to commit a crime.

Any and all weapons with semi or fully automatic firing systems, all magazines that can hold more than ten rounds are illegal and the sale, import, distribution and ownership of such weapons is subject to federal law. Such weapons must be surrendered at once to local law enforcement. Any such weapons discovered after the surrender period will also be confiscated and the owner subject to a mandatory prison term in federal prison.

I guess you don't know but a revolver has the same function as a semi automatic firearm? Ever saw a speed loader for a revolver?

shhhhh

they will want to ban speed loaders too

you do realize that you need a special federal license to have a full auto weapon, correct?

I can't afford a MG 42 or a MP 44 for that matter. They are expensive and out of the price range of most people. There are not that many out there.

most of my guns are pump shotguns, bolt rifles, revolvers and black powder.

Pretty run of the mill.

would a Ruger 10/22 fall under your definition of assault rifle?

Last weekend I developed a load and zeroed a flintlock rifle for example.

The previous two weekends were spent doing the same thing for a pair of civil war repro muskets.

Wanna regulate them too?
My idea for gun control is simple. Bolt action rifles, pump action shotguns and revolvers are perfectly legal and should not be regulated other than registration in a national data base and ballistic fingerprinting for identification if these weapons are used to commit a crime.

Any and all weapons with semi or fully automatic firing systems, all magazines that can hold more than ten rounds are illegal and the sale, import, distribution and ownership of such weapons is subject to federal law. Such weapons must be surrendered at once to local law enforcement. Any such weapons discovered after the surrender period will also be confiscated and the owner subject to a mandatory prison term in federal prison.

well at least we have a definition :clap2:

my Ruger 10/22 is a semi-auto .22 rimfire

Still wanna confiscate that?

there are semi-auto shotguns out there as well as semi sporting rifles.

Wanna confiscate them too?

Wannna melt down museum pieces?

Any of the semi-auto firearms that the Feds want will need to be purchased at fair market value.

The aforementioned 10/22 has had a VQ drop in accurizing kit installed. The Feds will need to come up with some loot to get it.

Will you gun grabbbers, yes that is what you are, be willing to pony up money to buy them back b/c you are not using my tax dollars to do it.
When you legally surrender your weapons you will receive a receipt that will allow you to deduct the price of the weapon from your income tax.

What use are they?
What legitimate use are they? What reason can be given that trumps the lives of so many fallen by the use of such weapons? Why should the rights of an owner of such weapons be greater than the rights of children anticipating Christmas?[/QUOTE]

:lame2:

Why should the rights of someone criminally insane be greater than the rights of children anticipating Christmas?

I'm not crininally insane and my firearms were not used in a school shooting much less any future episodes.

project much?

PS

IIRC the chief of police stated the shooter left the bushmaster in his vehicle

Last edited:

Any of the semi-auto firearms that the Feds want will need to be purchased at fair market value.

The aforementioned 10/22 has had a VQ drop in accurizing kit installed. The Feds will need to come up with some loot to get it.

Will you gun grabbbers, yes that is what you are, be willing to pony up money to buy them back b/c you are not using my tax dollars to do it.
When you legally surrender your weapons you will receive a receipt that will allow you to deduct the price of the weapon from your income tax.

no way

full market vaule and then some

put your money where your mouth is

Ban airplanes. Too many folks die because of them.

Ban cars, too. Especially ban alcohol.

When planes crash, there is a HUGE effort to trace causes and come up with solutions.

There is not a concerted effort to say "Oh well, price of flying" and wholesale bashing of those who come up with concerns.
Still, vehicles and alcohol cause more deaths per year than guns.

Ban them both.

no way

Fine! Deduct the full market value. Just get the weapons of war off the streets.

no way

Fine! Deduct the full market value. Just get the weapons of war off the streets.

when you deduct on your taxes you get back pennies on the dollar.

and my guns are not on the street

I guess you don't know but a revolver has the same function as a semi automatic firearm? Ever saw a speed loader for a revolver?

shhhhh

they will want to ban speed loaders too
:eusa_shhh: My Mossberg holds nine rounds.

when you deduct on your taxes you get back pennies on the dollar.

and my guns are not on the street
And my gun control proposal guarantees that.

I guarantee your "proposal" will never happen
And I guarantee that without some realistic ban on weapons of mass destruction, there will be further tragedies and mass shootings. Take the "mass" out of "mass shooting" by taking high capacity magazines and semi or fully automatic firing systems out of the hands of the citizenry. Such shootings never happened until the gun lobby got its way. And now we all suffer. Suffer in the truest sense. Not the bleating and braying of some gun nuts bitterly clinging to their Rambo fantasies.

And my gun control proposal guarantees that.

I guarantee your "proposal" will never happen
And I guarantee that without some realistic ban on weapons of mass destruction, there will be further tragedies and mass shootings. Take the "mass" out of "mass shooting" by taking high capacity magazines and semi or fully automatic firing systems out of the hands of the citizenry. Such shootings never happened until the gun lobby got its way. And now we all suffer. Suffer in the truest sense. Not the bleating and braying of some gun nuts bitterly clinging to their Rambo fantasies.
There is an international treaty and ban on WMDs.

We're talking guns here.

Forum List

Back