Elizabeth Warren's DNA test results point to Native American heritage

Does Trump OWE Senator Warren A MILLION dollars for her taking the DNA test? :dunno:

me thinks he might owe her that money.... put your money where your mouth is, president trump

:lol:
i see you never read trumps quote. he said he's bring a DNA test and they could do it during the debate.

yet you wanna go bag on others for LYING and ignoring FACTS while you go do it yourself.
no, i didnt read what he said about it.... do you have a link?

I was just repeating what I heard a congress critter say while being interviewed on the news...
heh, lord knows i can do that also. i just have learned to dig for myself.

Trump challenges 'Pocahontas' Warren to DNA test to prove she's Native American

Reviving his "Pocahontas" nickname for the Massachusetts Democrat, Trump asked his audience to imagine him on a debate stage challenging Warren to submit to genetic testing to prove that she has Native American ancestors.

"I will give you a million dollars to your favorite charity, paid for by Trump, if you take the test and it shows you're an Indian," he said. "I have a feeling she will say no."
----------
now it can also depend on how you read this, but as others have said in here, there is *no* native american to test for because they never opted into those genetics. also, the total amount shown for her is .097, which is 1/2 of what an average african american can also test for when it comes to NORTH AMERICAN (mexico, peru, and so forth) indian testing.

to me i read it as take the test during the debate and let's end it.
1/1024 is not American Indian
Because if it was most every Caucasian in this country would be Indian according to the Pocahontas standard

Pocahontas is a fraud she has no credibility
how is she a fraud???

explain this thinking

if only the rethuglican MOB cared even 1/64th as much about all the FRAUD in teflon don's orbit, huh?

chief warren did nothing fraudulent yet the MOB has been in hysterics over this for years...

team teflon should APOLOGIZE for all the INSULTS to Native American citizens and unwarranted ATTACKS AND BULLYING of VERY FINE PEOPLE.
She insults all American Indians

You insult the idea ogf honesty.

Warren never said what percent she was. Quit lying.
She is not American Indian that’s just the facts
And it's important to YOU. LOL

Does Trump OWE Senator Warren A MILLION dollars for her taking the DNA test? :dunno:

me thinks he might owe her that money.... put your money where your mouth is, president trump

:lol:
i see you never read trumps quote. he said he's bring a DNA test and they could do it during the debate.

yet you wanna go bag on others for LYING and ignoring FACTS while you go do it yourself.
no, i didnt read what he said about it.... do you have a link?

I was just repeating what I heard a congress critter say while being interviewed on the news...
heh, lord knows i can do that also. i just have learned to dig for myself.

Trump challenges 'Pocahontas' Warren to DNA test to prove she's Native American

Reviving his "Pocahontas" nickname for the Massachusetts Democrat, Trump asked his audience to imagine him on a debate stage challenging Warren to submit to genetic testing to prove that she has Native American ancestors.

"I will give you a million dollars to your favorite charity, paid for by Trump, if you take the test and it shows you're an Indian," he said. "I have a feeling she will say no."
----------
now it can also depend on how you read this, but as others have said in here, there is *no* native american to test for because they never opted into those genetics. also, the total amount shown for her is .097, which is 1/2 of what an average african american can also test for when it comes to NORTH AMERICAN (mexico, peru, and so forth) indian testing.

to me i read it as take the test during the debate and let's end it.
Because if it was most every Caucasian in this country would be Indian according to the Pocahontas standard

Most blacks and latinos would also be Native Americans per that standard.

Just sayin'.

At best this test says she may have had an ancestor who raped a Native American woman in the 18th or 19th century. It's not even close to proving her grandmother was a Cherokee from Eastern Oklahoma. Warren is a liar.

I could only read a few pages of responses here; it’s deeply depressing to realize how incredibly ignorant so many of the posters here are about basic genealogy, genetics and American history. The allegations that 1/32 American Indian DNA is common are ludicrous, and anybody really with any common sense about American history and population demographics over time as this country developed would know that full well.

She has 12x the American Indian DNA of the most predominant ethnic heritage among American citizens, who are predominantly of Anglo Saxon European origin. She has American Indian heritage to the extent that she has always represented, a distant grandparent she never met. She has never used that status for any advantage in academia or her professional life.

And still you guys can’t shut up about her. The only thing wrong with Elizabeth Warren is that she’s a strong, intelligent and ambitious woman who makes sad little boys feel emasculated.
Trump's a jerk, and Warren never sought to profit from her heritage. Some of us thought it was "odd" that she thought her heritage was of any importance, or interest. However, a lot of us who feel that way think Mexicans and others don't share our heritage.

Personally, I think heritage is just a wedge issue that detracts from the fact that incomes for most of us are going to continue falling in real terms, or worst gives us somebody to blame other than the 1% who are reaping the profits.
warrenmeme.jpg
bs

And shut the fuck up, as you told another poster to do.

"So basically, Elizabeth Warren has the same percentage of Indian blood as Custer."
1/1024 is most likely less...

According to the NYT, it is less:

The researchers found that European-Americans had genomes that were on average 98.6 percent European, .19 percent African, and .18 Native American.

White? Black? A Murky Distinction Grows Still Murkier
Ergo, I am black.

Plus....I am huge in the pants. Isn't it obvious.

I prefer y'all call me black, not "African-America." Thank you.

:beer:

I would comment but I was told I was not permitted.

"BREAKING: Cleveland Indians announce Elizabeth Warren not even eligible to be a bobblehead."

I was never on the bandwagon for her to have a DNA Test. I suspect it is quite common for people to have some Indian Ancestry in America. 1/32 Native American is practically meaningless. Of course if 1/32nd is the standard, then all of us are minorities of some sort.

Actually it’s quite rare statistically.

https://www.quora.com/What-percentage-of-the-US-population-carry-Native-Americans’-DNA

The phenomenon of Americans claiming Native American blood is actually highly exaggerated and inflated.

You can see a very stark example of this by looking at the 2010 Census. 800,000+ Americans claims to have “Cherokee” ancestry. Yet, at that point, the three Cherokee bands only had a population of just over 300,000 individuals. And the vast majority were enrolled in Cherokee Nation which doesn’t even have a minimum blood quantum. To put this into perspective there were more Americans with no tribal affiliation claiming Cherokee blood than there were enrolled Cherokees. This is statistically and demographically impossible, but this just goes to illustrates how prevalent these false stories or claims are.

If you want to see the analysis for this phenomenon, see my previous answer here:

What are some mind blowing facts about Native Americans?

My firm conclusion would be that very few Americans have Native American ancestry, in general. And few that have this ancestry are not aware of it.

Quora is not a source for much of anything. One of my previous posts contains a link to a study of actual genetic testing results. The majority of people in this country have some trace DNA of races and ethnicities other than the one they claim.

But the amount of Native American Elizabeth Warren can claim is actually half that of what most Americans have. Even the Klan wouldn't view her as any sort of minority.

how is she a fraud???

explain this thinking

if only the rethuglican MOB cared even 1/64th as much about all the FRAUD in teflon don's orbit, huh?

chief warren did nothing fraudulent yet the MOB has been in hysterics over this for years...

team teflon should APOLOGIZE for all the INSULTS to Native American citizens and unwarranted ATTACKS AND BULLYING of VERY FINE PEOPLE.
She insults all American Indians

You insult the idea ogf honesty.

Warren never said what percent she was. Quit lying.
She is not American Indian that’s just the facts
And it's important to YOU. LOL
Well, I’m an American Indian.
Obviously fake Indians insult me… But that’s not the point fake Indians should insult everybody.
ESpecially career politicians who called themselves Indians... Which their very own test proves they are not...
1/1024 will NEVER be an American Indian, No matter how much political correctness you smear all over it

Elizabeth Warren’s DNA Test Proves She Was Lying: Ignore the MSM Excitement
The Federalist ^ | 10/15/2018 | David Harsanyi

Why did Sen. Elizabeth Warren spend all these years claiming to be a Native American?

One plausible answer might be that her family had lied to her, or were also misled about their heritage, and that Warren truly believed she was Cherokee. This happens relatively often, I suppose. Then again, few people exhibit as much certitude, and gain as many benefits, over a claim that’s so obscure and unverifiable.

The second is that Warren herself lied or exaggerated her heritage, knowing full well that her contention to Cherokee ancestry was likely nothing more than lore. She then latched on to this negligible history to gain traction in an academic field that was searching for more diversity in their candidates.

We now know that the second option is more probable after the prospective presidential candidate decided to make a huge deal out of taking a DNA test, that, in reality, only proves she is as white as I am. A ludicrously unskeptical Boston Globe story about Warren’s dramatic decision to take the test begins by contending that there’s “strong evidence’’ of Warren’s Native American’s ancestry dating back 6 to 10 generations—which creates the impression that she has Native American family littered over the past 100 years.

In truth, we learn, it’s possible that Warren’s great-great-great grandmother was partially Native American. This would make her around 1/32nd American Indian, a far cry from any reasonable threshold to embrace minority status for a job. That’s exactly what she did starting in the 1990s, before walking back her claims when it became politically expedient.

Then again, being 1/32 (and really, the math says 1/64th) Native American is the high-end possibility. It is just as possible that Warren 1/1,024th Native American. (The story intially claimed it was 1/512th.) So maybe her great-great-great-great grandmother was part Cherokee.

Maybe.

Whatever the number is, there’s little genetic data available from Native Americans because of fears of exploitation (Warren’s case might be good example of why). There is no way to break down the DNA into region or tribe. The DNA tests merely rely on some guesswork by referencing the DNA to people from South America.

As The Federalist’s Sean Davis points out, according to The New York Times, the average white person in America has nearly double the amount of American Indian DNA (0.18%) as Elizabeth Warren (0.098%), who claims to be Cherokee. Then there is this:

The credulous reporter who wrote the Warren DNA piece didn’t do the math correctly (and this is before getting into why the particular test, which didn’t even use American Indian DNA to compare, was garbage). Six generations removed is 1/64. Ten removed is 1/1024 (0.098%).

— Sean Davis (@seanmdav) October 15, 2018

I don’t much care about Warren’s ethnicity, but she is not, in any genuine sense, a racial or ethnic minority. Not in blood. Not in experience. Under her standards, how many Americans would qualify as Native American? Or put it this way: is being 1/1,024th African enough to claim “minority” status in a professional setting? I’m asking for the liberals who believe race-based hiring is an important means of facilitating diversity and ensuring fairness.

It was Warren who made it all an issue. We don’t fully know how important Warren’s claims were in her career. There is, however, much evidence that her self-driven minority claims in the 1990s were helpful. Warren, who once maintained her family had “high cheekbones like all of the Indians do,” was listedas a “minority faculty member” by The University of Pennsylvania. She had the schoolswitch her designation from white to Native American. Warren self-identified as a “minority” in the legal directory, and Harvard Law School preposterously listed her as one of the “women of color” the school had hired. On job applications, Warren was very specific in claiming that she had Cherokee and Delaware Indian ancestry.

When her supposed Native American heritage came under scrutiny during her first Senate bid, Warren presented a recipe she had published in her cousin’s cookbook as evidence of her background. It was signed “Elizabeth Warren — Cherokee.” Later we learned that even the recipe was taken verbatim from an article in The New York Times five years earlier.

It’s easy to see what’s going on. Warren wants to dull Donald Trump’s “Fauxcahontas” jibes because she is about to run for president. Rather than admitting she has no genuine cause for being “proud of my Native American heritage” in her career, she’s doubled down on the assertion.

In the end, Carlos D. Bustamante, a Stanford University professor who does his best to help Warren, concludes that “the vast majority” of Warren’s ancestry is European. And Warren could easily have continued to claim that she was merely acting on the history she was told by her family rather than a cynical attempt to bolster her career. Now we have evidence that the latter is far more likely.

One of the talking points proliferating online—and also featured in the Globe article, so Warren will surely use it—is that Trump’s criticism of Warren is comparable to birtherism, and thus racist. Yet there are numerous important differences. For starters, Barack Obama was an American citizen. Obama isblack. Obama didn’t invent, or grab onto, some opaque ancestral history to take advantage of minority hiring and deny someone worthy of the position.

One of these attacks is a conspiracy theory fueled by paranoia. The other is turning out to be fact.

Acting as if the results of the test are a vindication of her initial claims, as so many journalists are now framing it, is an assault on reason.

The stupidity of tRumpkins knows no bounds.

You ask for proof and she gets it for you but you still don't believe it.
Exactly.
yea, 36+ year old unsubstantiated assault cases are proof to liberals so i can only imagine that 6-10 generations of unadmixed background makes her enough indian to lay claim to it.

stupidity all over this am.
It means she was telling the truth when she grew up hearing there were Indians in her ancestry. And she took the DNA test at the prodding of trump.

Rightards are still bitching about it. :badgrin:

No, it really doesn't. Everything she's said about "grew up hearing there were Indians in her ancestry" was actally debunked by this study. Too bad for your narrative that she was pretty specific about what she "heard growing up".

Leftards are still lying about it.

At best this test says she may have had an ancestor who raped a Native American woman in the 18th or 19th century. It's not even close to proving her grandmother was a Cherokee from Eastern Oklahoma. Warren is a liar.
BOpe,. You are just an ignorant POS. She said that her grandmother had Native American blood, not that she was a Native American

You people are the dumbest fucking assholes on the planet.

So MAYBE she has 1/1024 Indian in her. That's not enough to qualify for even "an Indian may have peed on her great, great, great, great whatever". When Libs grab at straws like these you KNOW they are desperate.

But, but, but Russia!!! LOL!

I'll post it later, but, at best her DNA allegedly shows she has American Indian DNA 6 TO 10 GENERATIONS AGO! She has no business passing herself off as American Indian!
lol This was Warren's " I am not a crook!" speech.
And it turns out the Republican really was a crook. How hilarious is that?
Well, Warren really was a crook. She sought preferences by falsely claiming she was a native American, but Havard has said they never believed her. Clearly, the woman was neither honest nor a competent crook.
She still got the job, though, didn't she? So the answer to that question never mattered and the Republicans have been making a huge deal out of nothing for how many years now?
Typical.
Actually, she raised the issue in an attempt to gain preference as a minority, which shows a failure of character so it is a big deal even if neither Harvard nor anyone else fell for her scam.

The stupidity of tRumpkins knows no bounds.

You ask for proof and she gets it for you but you still don't believe it.
Exactly.
yea, 36+ year old unsubstantiated assault cases are proof to liberals so i can only imagine that 6-10 generations of unadmixed background makes her enough indian to lay claim to it.

stupidity all over this am.
It means she was telling the truth when she grew up hearing there were Indians in her ancestry. And she took the DNA test at the prodding of trump.

Rightards are still bitching about it. :badgrin:

No, it really doesn't. Everything she's said about "grew up hearing there were Indians in her ancestry" was actally debunked by this study. Too bad for your narrative that she was pretty specific about what she "heard growing up".

Leftards are still lying about it.

Wow, you people are so fucking dumb that you don;t even know how dumb you are.

Forum List

Back