End income tax

"What do you replace the income tax with?

When you remove a malignant tumor, what do you replace it with?

Countries with no income taxes are 3rd world crapholes. Successful 1st world countries have income tax. We actually aren't paying enough.
Like the Bahamas?
Why cant you people understand I want to replace the income tax with a higher consumption tax? Its COMPLETELY equal.
And we pay plenty. We would have more $$$ if we didn't have unconstitutional government agencies and MASSIVE waste.
I like to fix problems, not apply bandaids and contribute to circles of stupidity.

You clowns throw around "unconstitutional" with absolutely zero idea of what is constitutional or not. Holy shit. Read something not written by Louis L'Amour, cowpoke.
YES! Because DHS, DEA, ATF, wage and hour division, office of refugee resettlement, mine safety and health, housing and urban development, EPA, Dept of Energy, community planning and development aren't constitutional. Its clearly written in it, isn't it?
You must be a "general welfare" whore. Lol. That must suck.

None of those programs make up the bulk of the expenditures. The Fair Tax is a totally regressive system that would disproportionately steal from the middle class to feed the rich. Again, this is arithmetic.

The problem is that very high-income households spend only a fraction of their income, while low- and middle-income people spend all or most of what they make. A sales tax, by design, exempts a large share of income at the top. If it includes a prebate to protect people at the bottom and doesn’t add to the deficit, then it must raise taxes on people in the middle.

The Trouble with the FairTax

It's a fairy tale with a bad ending. Thinking people know this.
I also have a list with about 60 more agencies.
You just want to punish the rich. Somehow, ambition means you owe more to society... So much for "equality", ey?

It's not about punishing or rewarding. It's about economic prosperity for all. You want to stick the bill for defense/SS/Medicare/infrastructure on people who work middle management? Say bye-bye to that shit.

And yes, the rich do owe more to a society that enabled them to be rich. No one gets there alone.

And I'm speaking as someone who likely would benefit from the consumption tax. I'm in the top bracket.

Jesus, I'm pretty sure YOU know nothing about the Fair Tax. It absolutely favors high earners, because high earners spend a far lower percentage of their income. Again, this is arithmetic. The prebate helps the impoverished, but the middle class is stuck with a bill.

Either MASSIVE deficits, or a totally regressive system that leaves a huge amount of the wealthy's income untaxed as compared to the way it is now (yes, even with loopholes).
The fair tax is a 55 gallon drum of turd polish.

Murica needs to drastically curtail and cut spending, not find a way to more efficiently rob people.

IKR? Loopholes for the rich are so much better!

Where did I say I like those?

So you're mad about certain details of the code. Okay. Don't trash the entire system and implement something that will result in massive deficits and crumbling infrastructure. When my blinker doesn't work I don't take my car to the junkyard.

You said you like those when you advocated the current system

LMAO, nice logic, moron. First, I didn't "advocate the current system", I said the fair tax is stupid, unworkable, and regressive. It either leads to deficits or it increases taxes by a HUGE degree on the middle class.

You know nothing about the Fair Tax. Why don't you learn what it actually is then comment? LOL, that cracks me up, as if you'd ever do that. Knowing what you are talking about would be a precedent that would destroy liberalism.

The Fair Tax is virtually the system we have now. The only differences are that it doesn't favor high earners like the current system and the overhead for everyone is far lower

Jesus, I'm pretty sure YOU know nothing about the Fair Tax. It absolutely favors high earners, because high earners spend a far lower percentage of their income. Again, this is arithmetic. The prebate helps the impoverished, but the middle class is stuck with a bill.

Either MASSIVE deficits, or a totally regressive system that leaves a huge amount of the wealthy's income untaxed as compared to the way it is now (yes, even with loopholes).

You keep making sweeping and wrong allegations. If you understand it, why can't you back up your crap with anything but hand waiving and blind accusations?

What you are saying is idiotic crap. You don't understand how basic taxes work and that all taxes except the death tax are built into the price of products sold by companies already

Where did I say I like those?

So you're mad about certain details of the code. Okay. Don't trash the entire system and implement something that will result in massive deficits and crumbling infrastructure. When my blinker doesn't work I don't take my car to the junkyard.

LMAO, nice logic, moron. First, I didn't "advocate the current system", I said the fair tax is stupid, unworkable, and regressive. It either leads to deficits or it increases taxes by a HUGE degree on the middle class.

You know nothing about the Fair Tax. Why don't you learn what it actually is then comment? LOL, that cracks me up, as if you'd ever do that. Knowing what you are talking about would be a precedent that would destroy liberalism.

The Fair Tax is virtually the system we have now. The only differences are that it doesn't favor high earners like the current system and the overhead for everyone is far lower

You keep making sweeping and wrong allegations. If you understand it, why can't you back up your crap with anything but hand waiving and blind accusations?

What you are saying is idiotic crap. You don't understand how basic taxes work and that all taxes except the death tax are built into the price of products sold by companies already

I posted a link to the tax policy center in an earlier message on this thread. If you keep insisting I'm wrong, you're eventually going to have to prove it.

I'm a tax attorney. I absolutely know how taxes work. I know FAR better than you. This conversation is pointless because you don't have the necessary IQ to engage.

The fair tax is a 55 gallon drum of turd polish.

Murica needs to drastically curtail and cut spending, not find a way to more efficiently rob people.

There can be an argument for cutting spending, sure. It better involve MASSIVE defense cuts, however. That's where the bulk of the pork lies.

I posted a link to the tax policy center in an earlier message on this thread. If you keep insisting I'm wrong, you're eventually going to have to prove it.

I'm a tax attorney. I absolutely know how taxes work. I know FAR better than you. This conversation is pointless because you don't have the necessary IQ to engage.
Comparing whose dick hangs lower doesn't change the fact that the "fair tax" is a big fat con game, that fails to address the moral issue of wealth confiscation and redistribution.

Yes, I have two of you working for me. One for business, one for personal. I'm impressed. Not. And you obviously you don't know since you aren't aware all taxes (except the death tax) are baked into the price of company products. Try naming one that isn't. And don't list one without thinking of what the source of that money was. You may now prove you didn't do that ...

Comparing whose dick hangs lower doesn't change the fact that the "fair tax" is a big fat con game, that fails to address the moral issue of wealth confiscation and redistribution.

So....you're agreeing with me regarding the fair tax.

As for your evangelical opposition to wealth and income redistribution, just go back to the 16th century where you belong.

As for your evangelical opposition to wealth and income redistribution, just go back to the 16th century where you belong.
No, I'm not agreeing with you at all. Th idiotic "far tax" is just a different way to fund the same soft Marxist crap that the feds have no business doing in the first place.

Yes, I have two of you working for me. One for business, one for personal. I'm impressed. Not. And you obviously you don't know since you aren't aware all taxes (except the death tax) are baked into the price of company products

Oh you have tax attorneys working for you? Great. I rode on a plane once, I guess I'm qualified to fly it.

Corporate allowance for tax expenses in the prices of goods has absolutely nothing to do with what we're talking about.

The fact you use the term "death tax" tells me all I need to know about your flat-earth ideology.

He's against all taxes, Mr. Missed The Obvious

No, I'm not agreeing with you at all. Th idiotic "far tax" is just a different way to fund the same soft Marxist crap that the feds have no business doing in the first place.

Jesus fucking christ you're stupid.

Uh, I captured that, hence I told him to go back to the 16th century, Mr. Hypocrite.

Are you guys all under the influence right now?

Yes, I have two of you working for me. One for business, one for personal. I'm impressed. Not. And you obviously you don't know since you aren't aware all taxes (except the death tax) are baked into the price of company products

Oh you have tax attorneys working for you? Great. I rode on a plane once, I guess I'm qualified to fly it.

Corporate allowance for tax expenses in the prices of goods has absolutely nothing to do with what we're talking about.

The fact you use the term "death tax" tells me all I need to know about your flat-earth ideology.

Tax accountant my ass.

What triggers a sales tax? A sale of goods or services
What triggers an income tax? Generation of income
What triggers a corporate income tax? Generation of corporate income

Taxes are named after their triggers. So what do you call a tax triggered by ... a death?

And yes, you have your excuse to run off and cower as you can't answer the question, name a tax (other than the death tax) that is baked into the sale of a product? So, Mr. Tax Accountant?

Uh, I captured that, hence I told him to go back to the 16th century, Mr. Hypocrite.

Are you guys all under the influence right now?

You said he agreed with you, then you said you grasped he didn't. What a dumb ass

Tax accountant my ass.

What triggers a sales tax? A sale of goods or services
What triggers an income tax? Generation of income
What triggers a corporate income tax? Generation of corporate income

Taxes are named after their triggers. So what do you call a tax triggered by ... a death.

And yes, you have your excuse to run off and cower as you can't answer the question, name a tax (other than the death tax) that is baked into the sale of a product? So, Mr. Tax Accountant?

Correct, I'm not a tax accountant, I'm a tax attorney. You don't know the difference. You don't know what the fair tax is. You don't know a LOT of things, clearly.

Forum List

Back