Entire US Senate called to the White House for NK briefing...

Wednesday 4/26/2017 should be an interesting news day.

Nope, tomorrow the 25th.....they like to celebrate their holidays with military action and tomorrow marks an anniversary (100th?) of their own military. If there is going to be fireworks, it will happen tomorrow.....their time.

I think their time is way ahead of ours.

North Korea are six hours and thirty minutes ahead of here in Europa, except London and Lisbon where they are seven hours and thirty minutes ahead.

So the time now in North Korea is 07.40AM.

You Americans have what three different time zones, so I just Googled the time in New York, it says 19.10PM, so North Korea is twelve hours and thirty minutes ahead of New York time....the time in Iowa is 18.10PM, the time in California is 16.10PM, so North Korea is fifteen hours and thirty minutes ahead of California.

I wish I could agree with you & not take him seriously.....but Kim is a crazy fanatic and doesn't think or rationalize like normal people do. I wouldn't take the chance.
I think he likes his life more than ya think....

and attacking the USA in any manner would not lead to war with him, it would simply be Kim's and his nation's ANNIHILATION...there would be nothing left.

He is crazy, but he also loves his life and power, and simply is not crazy enough to give all of that up, ever...imo.

That really doesn't make much sense......if he's not crazy enough to give all of that up.....then why would he keep thumbing his nose at the US that has 100x's the military & arsenal than he does??? That in itself is suicide.
it hasn't been suicide for his grandfather, or his father or for himself when they saber rattled....why would he believe it would change? Talk is cheap, talk and threaten and act big so your people will think you are strong is all they have ever done....and same with us back at them....it's sort of a dance and an art in diplomacy that's been going on for decades...

I'm afraid the writing is on the wall.

NK's fuel has been cut.

It's Deja Vu (yeah, I wasn't alive) with FDR cutting Japan's fuel shortly before Pearl Harbor.

Cut by whom?

It has been cut by China, China also has banned coal imports from North Korea and a few weeks ago China turned back ships from North Korea carrying coal.

China stops coal trade with North Korea

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/18/world/asia/north-korea-china-coal-imports-suspended.html

Well, well, well, now this is a very interesting development.....to call all 100 Senators for a briefing, then all House of Representatives will soon follow. Sounds like we're moving forward to get rid of Kim. Better get buckled up, it could be a bumpy ride........

Entire U.S. Senate to go to White House for North Korea briefing

973af590-e89a-11e6-b294-9bc8096ac008_reuters.jpg
Reuters 1 hour 34 minutes ago

2015-11-27T152805Z_3973982_GF20000076408_RTRMADP_3_USA-SECURITY-WHITEHOUSE.JPG.cf.jpg

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Top Trump administration officials will hold a rare briefing on Wednesday at the White House for the entire U.S. Senate on the situation in North Korea, senior Senate aides said on Monday.

All 100 senators have been asked to the White House for the briefing by Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis, Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats and General Joseph Dunford, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the aides said.

While top administration officials routinely travel to Capitol Hill to address members of Congress on foreign policy and national security matters, it is unusual for the entire 100-member Senate to go to such an event at the White House, and for those four top officials to be involved.

U.S. officials have expressed mounting concern over North Korea's nuclear and missile tests, and its threats to attack the United States and its Asian allies.

President Donald Trump criticized North Korea's "continued belligerence" and said its actions were destabilizing during a telephone call with Chinese President Xi Jinping on Sunday, the White House said.

The briefing will take place at 3 p.m. EDT (1900 GMT).

House aides said they were working with the White House to set a similar briefing for members of the House of Representatives.
Oh yay! Getting American men and women involved a war that has NOTHING to do with us simply to bully some two bit moronic dictator.....what a fucking idiotic thing to do.
You left out the part where the two bit moronic dictator has missiles that could strike our closest allies in the Pacific and that he has been testing nuclear bombs for years and that he just threatened to blow America off the face of the Earth. I'm not saying we should go to war over it, but you shouldn't leave that part out, either.

North Korea has not proven they could hit the broad side of a barn and their nukes are like popcorn farts compared to our smallest warheads.

I think he likes his life more than ya think....

and attacking the USA in any manner would not lead to war with him, it would simply be Kim's and his nation's ANNIHILATION...there would be nothing left.

He is crazy, but he also loves his life and power, and simply is not crazy enough to give all of that up, ever...imo.

That really doesn't make much sense......if he's not crazy enough to give all of that up.....then why would he keep thumbing his nose at the US that has 100x's the military & arsenal than he does??? That in itself is suicide.
it hasn't been suicide for his grandfather, or his father or for himself when they saber rattled....why would he believe it would change? Talk is cheap, talk and threaten and act big so your people will think you are strong is all they have ever done....and same with us back at them....it's sort of a dance and an art in diplomacy that's been going on for decades...

NK's fuel has been cut.

It's Deja Vu (yeah, I wasn't alive) with FDR cutting Japan's fuel shortly before Pearl Harbor.

Cut by whom?

It has been cut by China, China also has banned coal imports from North Korea and a few weeks ago China turned back ships from North Korea carrying coal.

China says enforcing North Korea coal ban seriously, no violation

Then you have it backwards. China cut off buying coal from NK and will buy it elsewhere.

Well, well, well, now this is a very interesting development.....to call all 100 Senators for a briefing, then all House of Representatives will soon follow. Sounds like we're moving forward to get rid of Kim. Better get buckled up, it could be a bumpy ride........

2015-11-27T152805Z_3973982_GF20000076408_RTRMADP_3_USA-SECURITY-WHITEHOUSE.JPG.cf.jpg

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Top Trump administration officials will hold a rare briefing on Wednesday at the White House for the entire U.S. Senate on the situation in North Korea, senior Senate aides said on Monday.

All 100 senators have been asked to the White House for the briefing by Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis, Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats and General Joseph Dunford, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the aides said.

While top administration officials routinely travel to Capitol Hill to address members of Congress on foreign policy and national security matters, it is unusual for the entire 100-member Senate to go to such an event at the White House, and for those four top officials to be involved.

U.S. officials have expressed mounting concern over North Korea's nuclear and missile tests, and its threats to attack the United States and its Asian allies.

President Donald Trump criticized North Korea's "continued belligerence" and said its actions were destabilizing during a telephone call with Chinese President Xi Jinping on Sunday, the White House said.

House aides said they were working with the White House to set a similar briefing for members of the House of Representatives.
Oh yay! Getting American men and women involved a war that has NOTHING to do with us simply to bully some two bit moronic dictator.....what a fucking idiotic thing to do.
You left out the part where the two bit moronic dictator has missiles that could strike our closest allies in the Pacific and that he has been testing nuclear bombs for years and that he just threatened to blow America off the face of the Earth. I'm not saying we should go to war over it, but you shouldn't leave that part out, either.

North Korea has not proven they could hit the broad side of a barn and their nukes are like popcorn farts compared to our smallest warheads.

Well if thats correct, then you have nothing to worry about, so there would be no reason to bomb North Korea as they are no threat to America, they have no missiles that could successful reach America.

NK's fuel has been cut.

Cut by whom?

Then you have it backwards. China cut off buying coal from NK and will buy it elsewhere.

No I don't have it backwards, China has banned coal imports from North Korea, this is China putting pressure on North Korea, the latter relies on China for most of it's trade and in turn therefore it's money.

NK's fuel has been cut.

Cut by whom?

No, she just didn't provide a link to the other thing.

I made the claim and it's correct.

Fears WW3 IMMINENT as China angers North Korea by imposing US-led fuel sanctions

I seriously doubt this has anything to do with trying to improve his ratings. This is serious business
This whole presidency thing is serious business, and trump is always concerned about his ratings.

The only ones worried about ratings is the left..
ah, so when someone "disses" trump and he throws a twitter tantrum like an overgrown man-baby, that has nothing to do with his overinflated ego and worry about his image?

That has nothing to do with this

Aries has a thing though about posting things that have nothing to do with the topic of the thread they are posting in :rolleyes-41:
That's you, Lucy. Trump is always concerned about his ratings. Your deflection is noted and discarded.

This whole presidency thing is serious business, and trump is always concerned about his ratings.

ah, so when someone "disses" trump and he throws a twitter tantrum like an overgrown man-baby, that has nothing to do with his overinflated ego and worry about his image?

Aries has a thing though about posting things that have nothing to do with the topic of the thread they are posting in :rolleyes-41:
That's you, Lucy. Trump is always concerned about his ratings. Your deflection is noted and discarded.

Says the Forum King of Deflection, nobody listens to you Jake when you post such idiocy.

The thread is about North Korea....and it's not just Trump there are also crazy people on the Left who want to bomb North Korea as well as having a full-on war with Syria and having a full-on war with Iran, there are many Warmongers on the Left who don't give a crap about how many people will perish on this planet if they get their wish of just bombing any nation they want to bomb.

Says the Forum King of Deflection, nobody listens to you Jake when you post such idiocy.

The thread is about North Korea....and it's not just Trump there are also crazy people on the Left who want to bomb North Korea as well as having a full-on war with Syria and having a full-on war with Iran, there are many Warmongers on the Left who don't give a crap about how many people will perish on this planet if they get their wish of just bombing any nation they want to bomb.
Ah, my queen of Deflection is at it again. Trump, darling, is all about ratings, as you well know. Now if you are concerned about Trump and NK, I hope he is figuring a way to eliminate Kim without burning Japan and SK down.

That's you, Lucy. Trump is always concerned about his ratings. Your deflection is noted and discarded
Obama was so concerned about his ratings that he prematurely surrendered the Iraq war and brought the troops home.

Also Bill Clinton bombed the Al-Shifa medicine factory in Sudan in 1998 to boost his ratings.

I have deliberately chosen a link to Jacobin, because it's a Left-Wing publication, this so the Leftists like Jake cannot say "oh well that's from a RWNJ website" or something :rolleyes-41:

Bill Clinton’s Act of Terrorism | Jacobin

Ah, my queen of Deflection is at it again. Trump, darling, is all about ratings, as you well know. Now if you are concerned about Trump and NK, I hope he is figuring a way to eliminate Kim without burning Japan and SK down.

Clinton and Obama were all about ratings also.

As I commented on previous threads, China should be left to deal with North Korea. Period.

So do you really believe the crazy Kim will really strike the US without believing it simply would be a suicide pact for his whole Nation?

I think his threats are simply verbal threats to combat Pres Trump's verbal threats....and Kim does not want to die or have his nation wiped off the face of this earth.
Dipshit..do you not understand what "crazy" means?

It means that you can't anticipate what Kim will do. "Kim does not want to die or have his nation wiped off the face of the earth"....wtf you already said he's CRAZY, so what makes you think his thought processes make sense? Everybody knows they don't.

And he doesn't just THREATEN. He actually lobs shit at us. He's just an incompetent lunatic that he always fails.

He needs to go. He is a menace and not just to us. His own people have been suffering under him for way too long.

Christ, talk about crazy. It doesn't get any crazier than baby killing lefties, who think Kim is just *reacting* to trump.

THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR YEARS.

Fuck Kim and fuck the left. I hope they all get blown up.

other than wiping out the entire nation of north korea, what can Trump actually do?

We do not know the various places where they keep their nukes....so there is no target to hit as far as that is concerned? :dunno:

Does Trump really want to kill millions of people?
You have not seen a fine granular aerial photo lately have you.

You can tell if the gook sandwich has bologna or cheese or both on it.
they said in the news that our intel' agencies do NOT KNOW where the nukes are kept.

They say a lot of things in the news.
sure! though they were experts and ex military and intelligence agency heads!

but even IF they were for strategic purposes promoting the lie of not knowing,

and they did know where they were all put, could they bomb them without radiation exposure and a strong wind blowing the radiation in to South Korea or Japan, or China etc?

This isn't some video War game, there are real, life consequences, let's hope they think this through, and congress refuses to approve the action if they can not foresee that life is not made better, by taking these kind of actions.

That's JUST WAR theory, jus bellum iustum...

Blowing up nuclear weapons does not cause them to detonate with nuclear fission. The only radiation release would be very localized.

other than wiping out the entire nation of north korea, what can Trump actually do?

We do not know the various places where they keep their nukes....so there is no target to hit as far as that is concerned? :dunno:

Does Trump really want to kill millions of people?
You have not seen a fine granular aerial photo lately have you.

You can tell if the gook sandwich has bologna or cheese or both on it.
they said in the news that our intel' agencies do NOT KNOW where the nukes are kept.

They say a lot of things in the news.
sure! though they were experts and ex military and intelligence agency heads!

but even IF they were for strategic purposes promoting the lie of not knowing,

and they did know where they were all put, could they bomb them without radiation exposure and a strong wind blowing the radiation in to South Korea or Japan, or China etc?

This isn't some video War game, there are real, life consequences, let's hope they think this through, and congress refuses to approve the action if they can not foresee that life is not made better, by taking these kind of actions.

That's JUST WAR theory, jus bellum iustum...

Blowing up nuclear weapons does not cause them to detonate with nuclear fission. The only radiation release would be very localized.

I'm wondering if it's all going to go down in the next 24 hrs.

Well if thats correct, then you have nothing to worry about, so there would be no reason to bomb North Korea as they are no threat to America, they have no missiles that could successful reach America.

What about our allies in South Korea and Japan? You do realize we have troops over there, right?

NK's command and control would be our first target leaving them blind. They will have no outside help from any other nation if they strike out. This much I think Kim is realizing more and more every day.

Forum List

Back