Ex-Labor secretary Robert Reich claims Elon Musk 'out of control,' says regulators should 'threaten arrest'

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I watched a documentary on this guy and his economic policies are awful. Truly for elitists who will lose every geopolitical battle if you allow them to rule the roost.

Now the man who defines the term "overrated: and who has received too much ink in his life goes after Musk for allowing free speech on his platform.

What is it about free speech that frightens so many? What other Constitutional Rights do they intend to undermine?

Former Labor Secretary Robert Reich, who served during Bill Clinton's presidency, wrote in a column published Friday that Elon Musk was "out of control," and argued he needed to be reined in.

"He may be the richest man in the world. He may own one of the world’s most influential social media platforms. But that doesn’t mean we’re powerless to stop him," Reich wrote, including a list of six things people could do to rein in Musk.

After Musk purchased Twitter in 2022, now known as X, Reich deemed the purchase "dangerous nonsense." He argued Musk's purchase was "just about power," rather than free speech.

I watched a documentary on this guy and his economic policies are awful. Truly for elitists who will lose every geopolitical battle if you allow them to rule the roost.

Now the man who defines the term "overrated: and who has received too much ink in his life goes after Musk for allowing free speech on his platform.

What is it about free speech that frightens so many? What other Constitutional Rights do they intend to undermine?

Former Labor Secretary Robert Reich, who served during Bill Clinton's presidency, wrote in a column published Friday that Elon Musk was "out of control," and argued he needed to be reined in.

"He may be the richest man in the world. He may own one of the world’s most influential social media platforms. But that doesn’t mean we’re powerless to stop him," Reich wrote, including a list of six things people could do to rein in Musk.

After Musk purchased Twitter in 2022, now known as X, Reich deemed the purchase "dangerous nonsense." He argued Musk's purchase was "just about power," rather than free speech.
Yet another elitist who hasn’t read the Constitution or doesn’t believe in it.

this is how dems and left work now. Plant the seed and wait for the outcome

Censorship is a huge red flag for tyranny

If this censorship expands to the West, than the U.S and FBI should just hang up their cleats because it is just a matter of time before Americas Goodwill globally has zero value.

Do they realize how much money China, Iran and Russia spends on promoting the idea that "free speech and freedom doesn't really exist in America"? The Russians successfully targeted Black Americans since the 1960s, now China is expanding this narrative globally and the far-left elites who are in line with China push the same demands.

How stupid would this be? Are they eager to have the head of the CIA or at some point the President be fully funded operative of a communist state?

I'd love to meet any new recruit who gets excited by the premise of censorship or underestimates what it would mean for America. They'd have to be the dumbest kid on the block to support this.

If this censorship expands to the West, than the U.S and FBI should just hang up their cleats because it is just a matter of time before Americas Goodwill globally has zero value.

Do they realize how much money China, Iran and Russia spends on promoting the idea that "free speech and freedom doesn't really exist in America"? The Russians successfully targeted Black Americans since the 1960s, now China is expanding this narrative globally and the far-left elites who are in line with China push the same demands.

How stupid would this be? Are they eager to have the head of the CIA or at some point the President be fully funded operative of a communist state?

I'd love to meet any new recruit who gets excited by the premise of censorship or underestimates what it would mean for America. They'd have to be the dumbest kid on the block to support this.
What? Where have you been? Censorship is here. Look up the Twitter Files for God sake.

Now we’re witnessing the silencing of anyone who opposes the Zionist regime’s genocide. Anyone of consequence who outlines Kamala’s horrendous record is silenced.

Much of it is like yelling fire in a crowded theater. Very different from free speech.
Tyrants know they must silence all who oppose it. This is the very first thing totalitarian regimes do.

Julian Assange languished in prison for years, for exposing wrongs by the state. Do you want more of this?

Far leftist Robert Reich is a commie globalist puke. ... :cuckoo:
.........................................................................................................................................
R.R. is just another statist lefty status hound that's sounding off @ the almighty holy altar of power & control(PC). If there's one thing that a power & control(PC) narcissist can't stand is ANYONE that has more power & control than the offended/jealous power & control(PC) freak in question possesses.

So it's not a guy worth $200 billion, that inherited his wealth from South African parents that owned diamond and emerald mines thats the elitist. It's an award winning American economist?

That the bullshit your trying to sell Cletis?

So it's not a guy worth $200 billion, that inherited his wealth from South African parents that owned diamond and emerald mines thats the elitist. It's an award winning American economist?

The elitist is the guy who thinks the government should decide what you're allowed to say.

Indeed. It is about a mans actions. A mans character and courage. Musk told advertisers publicly, while they were in a crowd in front of him to "go F yourselves if you think you are going to blackmail me for advertising dollars".

That is principle as distasteful as you may find it. He didn't need to stand up, he could have buckled like a worm, but he didn't.

Meanwhile other weasels are ok with silencing people as long as it is the people he doesn't like. Probably the same guy who cheered when those who didnt get vaccinated were fired from their jobs, or fined.

The same types who celebrate the weaponizing of government institutions against others.

If we don't have good men of power and wealth standing up for the masses, where will that leave you and I?

I hope I don't need to remind you about the many times in history men have been cowardly in the face of injustice and abuses of Rights of others. Be it China, Iran, N Korea or Germany.

Hence, I have no need for squirrely men. I've been the victim of such cowardly people myself. I have zero use for them.

Forum List

Back