Examples of Christian respect for critical thinking, and individuality

I don't know what Christ's opinion is of me.
I don't know anyone who does. My question was that the Bible says that God uses everything for His good. Do you believe that is true?

You don't have a direct quote, just somewhere in the Bible it may say? I can't respond to that, it makes no sense if not read in context. Would you not agree.
I take it you are not a Christian then, right?

Yes I am.
Oh, but you don't know what I'm talking about though? Ok. Romans 8:28.

You denigrate others yet are upset because I couldn't make sense of, "I think Jesus said somewhere..." lol!

I always care when an oppressive organisation brainwashes a large group of people into wilful ignorance, and stupidity. Especially when those people then are able to influence the secular government of the nation.

But you have no problem with a secular government brainwashing a large group of people into willful ignorance and stupidity?

Have you seen who the American people have elected for the last two decades?
You think that's secularism at work really!?!?!?!?

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

The American public have become increasingly secular. Less and less go to church, more and more are turning to drugs and sexual promiscuity and pure greed to fill the vacuum.

Speaking of which, it would appear that Sweden and Denmark have the highest rates of sexual assaults in Europe.

Sweden and Denmark have highest number of sexual assaults in Europe: EU’s flawed Muslim migration policy

And yes, these assaults are largely at the hands of Muslims, but then, the all might all knowing secular government let them in, didn't they?

Soon you will be overrun and a foot note in history, but you are too busy patting yourself on the back for being part of the atheist super race to even see that.
So, atheists are responsible for the actions of yet another group of religious hateful actors. That adorable.

No, you are responsible for letting them overrun your country.

Incapable of assuming responsibility I see.

The Muslims don't believe in things like birth control and abortion. Soon you will be overrun.
First, I'm not from Sweden, or Denmark. Second, I would agree that this is the problem of being tolerant in one's immigration policies; it means that sometimes the immigrants may not be nice. However, I would point out that tolerance is not unique to atheists. The Bible itself says, in Leviticus 19:33, 34, and Leviticus 24:22, "When the alien resides with you in your land, you shall not oppress the alien. The alien who resides with you shall be to you as the citizen among you; you shall love the alien as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.” Further in Deuteronomy 10:18 & 19, it says, "For the Lord your God...loves the strangers, providing them food and clothing. You shall also love the stranger, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt.”

So, you theists who are applauding Trump's attitudes toward Mexicans and Muslims are behaving in direct contradiction to your own God's commands. How interesting that it is the atheists who are behaving more like your God wants you to than you theists.

I don't know anyone who does. My question was that the Bible says that God uses everything for His good. Do you believe that is true?

You don't have a direct quote, just somewhere in the Bible it may say? I can't respond to that, it makes no sense if not read in context. Would you not agree.
I take it you are not a Christian then, right?

Yes I am.
Oh, but you don't know what I'm talking about though? Ok. Romans 8:28.

You denigrate others yet are upset because I couldn't make sense of, "I think Jesus said somewhere..." lol!
Who did I denigrate?

But you have no problem with a secular government brainwashing a large group of people into willful ignorance and stupidity?

The American public have become increasingly secular. Less and less go to church, more and more are turning to drugs and sexual promiscuity and pure greed to fill the vacuum.

Speaking of which, it would appear that Sweden and Denmark have the highest rates of sexual assaults in Europe.

Sweden and Denmark have highest number of sexual assaults in Europe: EU’s flawed Muslim migration policy

And yes, these assaults are largely at the hands of Muslims, but then, the all might all knowing secular government let them in, didn't they?

Soon you will be overrun and a foot note in history, but you are too busy patting yourself on the back for being part of the atheist super race to even see that.
So, atheists are responsible for the actions of yet another group of religious hateful actors. That adorable.

The Muslims don't believe in things like birth control and abortion. Soon you will be overrun.
First, I'm not from Sweden, or Denmark. Second, I would agree that this is the problem of being tolerant in one's immigration policies; it means that sometimes the immigrants may not be nice. However, I would point out that tolerance is not unique to atheists. The Bible itself says, in Leviticus 19:33, 34, and Leviticus 24:22, "When the alien resides with you in your land, you shall not oppress the alien. The alien who resides with you shall be to you as the citizen among you; you shall love the alien as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.” Further in Deuteronomy 10:18 & 19, it says, "For the Lord your God...loves the strangers, providing them food and clothing. You shall also love the stranger, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt.”

So, you theists who are applauding Trump's attitudes toward Mexicans and Muslims are behaving in direct contradiction to your own God's commands. How interesting that it is the atheists who are behaving more like your God wants you to than you theists.
So your argument is that Sweden and Denmark are proof of atheism's goodness? Am I understanding you correctly?

What is hilarious is that you now seem to be embracing the Bible on some level so long as it fits your atheistic worldview.

Have you ever read Nehemiah? No? The hell you say. It is a book about a man being prompted by God to rebuild the wall around Jerusalem for security against invaders.

So no, if there is an alien living in your land you should not oppress them, but at the same time. allowing your land to be invaded and overrun is not acceptable.

So your argument is that Sweden and Denmark are proof of atheism's goodness? Am I understanding you correctly?
As much as your constant use of the USSR is your proof of its evil.

Let's be clear here, my argument isn't just the USSR, lol. It is every Communist nation that has ever existed. Let's not forget China, ok? But getting back to your claim for Denmark and Sweden as you proof that atheism is good. How exactly do you make the link to atheism and the good works of those countries? What atheistic values were responsible for that? Was it their mocking of people who held different beliefs that was responsible?

Let's be clear here, my argument isn't just the USSR, lol. It is every Communist nation that has ever existed. Let's not forget China, ok? But getting back to your claim for Denmark and Sweden as you proof that atheism is good. How exactly do you make the link to atheism and the good works of those countries?
How do you not? It certainly isn't the religious. I included the stats on just how little religion plays a part in those nations.

Let's be clear here, my argument isn't just the USSR, lol. It is every Communist nation that has ever existed. Let's not forget China, ok? But getting back to your claim for Denmark and Sweden as you proof that atheism is good. How exactly do you make the link to atheism and the good works of those countries?
How do you not? It certainly isn't the religious. I included the stats on just how little religion plays a part in those nations.
Right, but you didn't explain the whys and hows now did you? For all I know it was the Christians who are responsible for it. Can you tell me what the atheists did that was responsible for all their good works. Was it their mocking of people who held different opinions that was responsible.

Interestingly enough... it looks like as Sweden has become more atheistic they have become more violent.

crimeUS_Sweden.png

Right, but you didn't explain the whys and hows now did you? For all I know it was the Christians who are responsible for it. Can you tell me what the atheists did that was responsible for all their good works. Was it their mocking of people who held different opinions that was responsible.
So...lemme get this straight. There are practically no Christians in the country, but it is your contention that they are responsible for the volunteerism in the nation. Sorry pal.; You're reaching. You wanted evidence of an atheist society that has a positive influence, and I have shown you two. Now who is living in denial?

Interestingly enough... it looks like as Sweden has become more atheistic they have become more violent.

crimeUS_Sweden.png
Nice chart you made up. I, at least, offered sources for all of my statistics.

And I should care why?
I always care when an oppressive organisation brainwashes a large group of people into wilful ignorance, and stupidity. Especially when those people then are able to influence the secular government of the nation.
It would be really nice if maybe you could tell us what good atheism has done for the world besides murdering 200 million people in the 20th century.
Sure, because not a single murder, or crime has been ever committed by a Christian. That would be why Christians make up more than 60% of prison population in this country. But, religion does soooo much good...

Your lies are why everyone needs Christ.

I just want to make certain that I understand your position.... you don't think religion has done much good despite the role that Christian values played in shaping Western Civilization because of all the bad things religion has done but you do believe that atheism is a force for good because of Denmark and Sweden even though 200 million people were murdered in the 20th century by atheistic rulers? Am I understanding your position correctly? I can see now why you believe you are so objective about this. :dig:

I just want to make certain that I understand your position.... you don't think religion has done much good despite the role that Christian values played in shaping Western Civilization because of all the bad things religion has done but you do believe that atheism is a force for good because of Denmark and Sweden even though 200 million people were murdered in the 20th century by atheistic rulers? Am I understanding your position correctly? I can see now why you believe you are so objective about this. :dig:
Just as objective as you.

Really? Can you tell me what the secret of their success is?

"...Other awkward truths? There is more than a whiff of the police state about the fact that Danish policeman refuse to display ID numbers and can refuse to give their names. The Danes are aggressively jingoistic, waving their red-and-white dannebrog at the slightest provocation. Like the Swedes, they embraced privatisation with great enthusiasm (even the ambulance service is privatised); and can seem spectacularly unsophisticated in their race relations (cartoon depictions of black people with big lips and bones through their noses are not uncommon in the national press). And if you think a move across the North Sea would help you escape the paedophiles, racists, crooks and tax-dodging corporations one reads about in the British media on a daily basis, I'm afraid I must disabuse you of that too. Got plenty of them...."

Dark lands: the grim truth behind the 'Scandinavian miracle'

So...lemme get this straight. There are practically no Christians in the country, but it is your contention that they are responsible for the volunteerism in the nation. Sorry pal.; You're reaching. You wanted evidence of an atheist society that has a positive influence, and I have shown you two. Now who is living in denial?
Practically no Christians? How many is practically no Christians, lol?

Really? Can you tell me what the secret of their success is?

"...Other awkward truths? There is more than a whiff of the police state about the fact that Danish policeman refuse to display ID numbers and can refuse to give their names. The Danes are aggressively jingoistic, waving their red-and-white dannebrog at the slightest provocation. Like the Swedes, they embraced privatisation with great enthusiasm (even the ambulance service is privatised); and can seem spectacularly unsophisticated in their race relations (cartoon depictions of black people with big lips and bones through their noses are not uncommon in the national press). And if you think a move across the North Sea would help you escape the paedophiles, racists, crooks and tax-dodging corporations one reads about in the British media on a daily basis, I'm afraid I must disabuse you of that too. Got plenty of them...."

Dark lands: the grim truth behind the 'Scandinavian miracle'
That's an interesting claim since Transparency International ranks Denmark and Sweden as the 1st and 4th least corrupt nations on earth.

So what about the two million people who were murdered in the 20th century by atheistic rulers? How does that factor in your equation exactly? I mean after all Denmark and Sweden combined have a population of about 15 million people.

Forum List

Back