Executive Action for Pipeline~ Where are all the criers who slammed Obama for doing it?

Does Donald still own his pipeline stock? If so, isn't that a conflict of interest with his actions? Shouldn't he have recused himself from this issue and handed it over to Pence to handle?

YES he is still has investment in that pipeline stock. Yes it is clear cut conflict of interest and yes this is deeply un-ethical man.

BUT, as it stands there is no law preventing president from having domestic conflict of interest. There ought to be.
He has stock in Ford too. Wonder why he threatened tariffs? :D

And perhaps, to do the right thing, he SHOULD NOT eh?
dude what the fk do you think is going on right now? obummer is done, so go with him. that's just too funny sker.

Jobs are only temporary , and will result in 33 long term..

Name a construction job that isn't temporary, idiot. When you open your post with something that dumb there's no point in reading any further.

Wow! Construction jobs are temporary when the job is finished... You may need some more coffee today to wake up your brain , you are embarrassing yourself..

Majority of Promised Oil Pipeline Jobs to Be Temporary

Are you a moron or something? That is the nature of construction jobs, they are temporary then you move on to the next construction project. Since many construction workers are employed full time by a construction company its a lie in any case.

That said, ALL decent paying jobs are important every last damn one of them whether they last 20 years to 2 months.

The point is there is little in it for us in this controversial project in terms of jobs

Does Donald still own his pipeline stock? If so, isn't that a conflict of interest with his actions? Shouldn't he have recused himself from this issue and handed it over to Pence to handle?

YES he is still has investment in that pipeline stock. Yes it is clear cut conflict of interest and yes this is deeply un-ethical man.

BUT, as it stands there is no law preventing president from having domestic conflict of interest. There ought to be.
Oh come on!
He sells it before he initiates tariffs...easy peasey!

BTW, I am not certain he still owns his pipeline stock...I had heard somewhere, he might have sold it???

Name a construction job that isn't temporary, idiot. When you open your post with something that dumb there's no point in reading any further.

Wow! Construction jobs are temporary when the job is finished... You may need some more coffee today to wake up your brain , you are embarrassing yourself..

Are you a moron or something? That is the nature of construction jobs, they are temporary then you move on to the next construction project. Since many construction workers are employed full time by a construction company its a lie in any case.

That said, ALL decent paying jobs are important every last damn one of them whether they last 20 years to 2 months.

The point is there is little in it for us in this controversial project in terms of jobs

Good grief there's a ton of money to be made by building the pipeline, middle class construction workers want the work, so do their unions. You know, the middle class, people your side claims to support.

If I had the time I would love to do a search on Obama's job progress, I bet you were bashing the jobs he created..

My point is that the republicans are praising the jobs when only a few will remain after construction is done..
You don't know if they go to the next...They are not hired permanently which will mean no health insurance and the other benefits..

EPA Freezing Grants to Air Quality Monitoring and Water Quality Testing – Environmental Leader

• No social media will be going out. A Digital Strategist will be coming on board to oversee social media. Existing, individually controlled, social media accounts may become more centrally controlled.
  • No blog messages.
  • The Beach Team will review the list of upcoming webinars and decide which ones will go forward.
  • Please send me a list of any external speaking engagements that are currently scheduled among any of your staff from today through February.
  • Incoming media requests will be carefully screened.
  • No new content can be placed on any website. Only do clean up where essential.
  • List servers will be reviewed. Only send out critical messages, as messages can be shared broadly and end up in the press

Yeah, I'm not too sure about this, strikes me as dictatoryish. What's behind this?

Exactly, and is quite concerning

President Donald Trump on Tuesday signed executive actions to advance approval of the Keystone XL and Dakota Access oil pipelines.

"The pipelines are all risk and no reward, allowing corporate polluters to transport oil through our country to be sold on the global market, while putting our air and water at serious risk," he said in a statement.

Trump advances Keystone pipeline, DAPL with executive actions - CNNPolitics.com

I've never heard of a Permanent Construction Job.

You are an imbecile

If I had the time I would love to do a search on Obama's job progress, I bet you were bashing the jobs he created..

My point is that the republicans are praising the jobs when only a few will remain after construction is done..
You don't know if they go to the next...They are not hired permanently which will mean no health insurance and the other benefits..
well his jobs were part time jobs. not 40 hour a week jobs, those kinds of jobs. and there are still many not looking for work today waiting on full time jobs.

...and why did Obama use EOs to begin with?

1. Couldn't get Congress to do his bidding.
2. He thought once in place, they would stand a chance of staying.
3. Create busy work for a new president or pave the way for Hillary.

We can make a whole new thread on how congress vowed to block Obama on everything... Congress hasn't worked for 8 years except to try and block Obamacare...lol

I wish Obama did an EO to put in someone to the supreme court which he could have..

No, he couldn't.

President Donald Trump on Tuesday signed executive actions to advance approval of the Keystone XL and Dakota Access oil pipelines.

"The pipelines are all risk and no reward, allowing corporate polluters to transport oil through our country to be sold on the global market, while putting our air and water at serious risk," he said in a statement.

Trump advances Keystone pipeline, DAPL with executive actions - CNNPolitics.com
He's doing the right thing, the people that actually live in the area that the pipelines are going through overwhelmingly will support it. And it's not the issues that the politically correct that are important like drowning polar bears.

The biggest issue on the whole deal is the easement issue… The environmental issue means nothing.

Please tell me who is supporting it Rustic, look at all of the demonstrations going on...Trump didn't even blink and eye , not saying a word about the people who actually use the water to survive.

Please tell me who is supporting it Rustic, look at all of the demonstrations going on...Trump didn't even blink and eye , not saying a word about the people who actually use the water to survive.

They can drink fire water

...and why did Obama use EOs to begin with?

1. Couldn't get Congress to do his bidding.
2. He thought once in place, they would stand a chance of staying.
3. Create busy work for a new president or pave the way for Hillary.

We can make a whole new thread on how congress vowed to block Obama on everything... Congress hasn't worked for 8 years except to try and block Obamacare...lol

I wish Obama did an EO to put in someone to the supreme court which he could have..
No, you can't EO a Supreme into existence. Obama refused to compromise on anything. Republicans refused some of what he wanted, not enough though, so he penned it into law. Now it gets erased. That's what happens when laws are not legislated into existence.
well actually he could have, called a recess appointment.

Wrong, the Senate never went into recess, they kept the session going pro forma.

But would he actually do it? I don't think so...

Good grief there's a ton of money to be made by building the pipeline, middle class construction workers want the work, so do their unions. You know, the middle class, people your side claims to support.

Ton of money to be made for the Trump oil cabinet... Tell me how will the middle class benefit?

EPA Freezing Grants to Air Quality Monitoring and Water Quality Testing – Environmental Leader

• No social media will be going out. A Digital Strategist will be coming on board to oversee social media. Existing, individually controlled, social media accounts may become more centrally controlled.
  • No blog messages.
  • The Beach Team will review the list of upcoming webinars and decide which ones will go forward.
  • Please send me a list of any external speaking engagements that are currently scheduled among any of your staff from today through February.
  • Incoming media requests will be carefully screened.
  • No new content can be placed on any website. Only do clean up where essential.
  • List servers will be reviewed. Only send out critical messages, as messages can be shared broadly and end up in the press

Yeah, I'm not too sure about this, strikes me as dictatoryish. What's behind this?
there is no EPA nominee appointed, so he shut the agency up about furthering obummer's position. It's a trump policy now. Dude, that isn't dictatorship that is voted in by the people who voted trump into office. So appoint Pruitt and let's move on.

I though thought Pruitt was in already? Guess I misread that. Thanks.

Those who slammed Obama are now supporters of this type of action just as those who supported Obama when he did it are now critics of it. It's called hypocrisy and it's very common in politics.

Ton of money to be made for the Trump oil cabinet... Tell me how will the middle class benefit?

Yes your hatred of big oil and corporations is noted. /eyeroll Typical liberal.

well his jobs were part time jobs. not 40 hour a week jobs, those kinds of jobs. and there are still many not looking for work today waiting on full time jobs.

The cities are booming, many of the minim wage jobs are part time so they didn't get insurance.. Maybe now with the mandatory insurance law will change that.

Jobs have moved to Hi-Tech, this is where the full time jobs are now.

They are in a union moron, of course they have those benefits permanently.

Forum List

Back