expect Rams to be back in LA next year.

Interesting but not necessarily accurate:

http://espn.go.com/…/comparing-st-louis-and-san-diego-stadi…

Jim Steeg gives a pretty detailed breakdown of the CSAG's stadium proposal.

http://www.mighty1090.com/…/jim-steeg-csag-plan-asks-the-c…/

"And the fact that the news of Policy’s involvement comes on the same day details emerged regarding the proposed financing plan for a stadium that would keep the Chargers in San Diego probably tells San Diego all it needs to know about the team’s reaction to the proposal."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/…/chargers-raiders-re…/

Chargers, Raiders retain Carmen Policy to lead stadium effort
A former 49ers executive could have a key role in the return of the Raiders to Los Angeles. Carmen Policy, who served as V.P. and general counsel of the 49ers before becoming the team’s president...
PROFOOTBALLTALK.NBCSPORTS.COM

true enough.

As a result of the release of the San Diego's CSAG Mission Valley stadium plan yesterday, let's simplify in LA: Carson and the Raiders are irrelevant in LA NFL football talk right now, they are not even a slight factor. When you trim the BS fat, here is your bottom line: does Spanos take the deal in San Diego or does he join the Rams in Inglewood in 2018?
If he takes the deal in San Diego, look for Chargers and San Diego media kumbaya "we always wanted to be here, we belonghere" and an owner's commitment to follow to the city of San Diego. If Spanos rejects the San Diego deal, look for the Mark Fabiani circus to come to town "14 years, 9 stadium sites, 15 million spent" Spanos will sandbag San Diego for two year and moving in with the Rams in 2018. Make your call Spanos: is it LA or is it SD now?
PS: if I am San Diego, I worry that no positive comment or "we look forward to working with" release came from the Chargers! That is a very good deal San Diego put together, Why nothing from Fabiani? He couldn't keep his mouth shut about every nook & cranny in Carson few weeks ago! Hmmmmmmm

I believe that the timing of the announcement of the hiring was stratetegic, almost to say: "Not so fast, San Diego." The Chargers have been briefed throughout. Their task force accomplished this in roughly 100 days. Now Spanos wants to stack the deck heading into negotiations. They are gonna grind SD and ask for the moon. I expected no less.

The thing that keeps Carson a "dump" is how truly behind they are. They are not even close to digging. I don't care what anyone thinks.

Dean stepped down from the day-to-day operations in order to give the impending stadium his full attention. That's what was reported, anyhow. The "hiring" of Policy just turns up the fire on SD, because real negotiations over the specifics dont begin until June 1.

The choice has already been made. NFL choses Kroenke's deal. The rest of this is just a dog and pony show

Now that San Diego has put a stadium offer on the table, the narrative that the Chargers have priority in LA because they need a stadium more than the Rams is officially dead. Spanos is now in the same boat as Kroenke. He has the option to stay in his home market with a modern stadium. He can choose to decline that offer, but he has lost his self-assumed"right" to Los Angeles. The NFL is now free to consider Inglewood and Carson on merit alone.

He said that Missouri had apparently robbed Commerce Tower Group of its tax credits so it could make them available to the construction of a new stadium for the St. Louis Rams. Missouri officials are feverishly trying to stitch together a financing scheme to build a new stadium for the Rams to keep team owner Stan Kroenke from moving the team to southern California.

"It sounds like they allocated the funds to another city on the eastern border of this state," Knight said, according to the story.

He added that he hopes the Rams move to Los Angeles.

http://m.pitch.com/…/commerce-tower-developer-tells-an-unli…

NFL to expedite LA relocation timetable Sports

I like.

Ohh-kay..... So, no more Stan Kroenke sells A to buy B to move B to join C. Enough stupidly for a week. Yesterday, Raider owner Mark Davis proclaimed his team is not for sale, he will not relocate to StL or join the 49ers in Santa Clara (the last one was my personal favorite) Now, we know Carson is not getting built and the Rams are moving to LA/Inglewood next year (if you do not believe in the last two facts, stop reading here) We also know that the NFL wants two teams in Southern California (Rams and Chargers) so LA is no go either for the Raiders. San Antonio has been very dormant, with nothing coming from San Antonio or Raider ownership in talks or of pending deals. So where oh where are the Raiders going to end up? With the plans for construction of a new multimillion training facility for the Raiders in Oakland and new unconfirmed reports that Davis might sell part of the team if the incoming new partial ownership is willing to cover the $400 million to get the stadium built in Oakland, the chances of the Raiders staying just leapfrogged to the front of where they will ultimately end up.

IAN RAPPAPORT.

based on league rules and stadium plans,if LA hosted superbowl in 2020,it could only be held in Inglewood stadium.

more on Rams to LA from ESPN.
Amado Luna Moran Facebook

Last edited:
Jim Thomas.

at first blush,I think it was all pretty basic.demoffs update lasted maybe 10 min.He got no questions from owners.

again,kevin demoff made the st louis presentation at owners meetings this morning and stan kroneke did not attend meetings.lol

Glenn Walker from KTLA says he stands by what he said yesterday

Last edited:

Forum List

Back