Facebook blocks account of Ron Paul, who complains about it...on twitter!

They screw up all the time. I imagine there will be a statement that it was a mistake. Or Ron is getting up there, maybe he forgot his password.

Switch Google for Duck Duck Go.
Dump Twitter and Facebook.
I might use Facebook to say Hello to Granny at Christmas and check out what people ate for breakfast, but that's it.

George Orwell is the new Nostradamus!

oh-the-inhumanity-5b4fbc.jpg

This was expected. Not as a consequence of any content, but rather awareness of intent behind the continuing assault on alternative dialogue with regard to critical policy.

Watch how fast this gets dealt with when you don't stand around and whine about it, boys. The only way around it is straight through it. Heh heh.

Anyway...

Former US congressman Ron Paul has been mysteriously locked out of his Facebook page and accused of “repeatedly going against our Community Standards.” The platform didn’t explain which content on Paul’s page flipped the switch.

The post that supposedly triggered Facebook’s discipline was not displayed, nor was Paul given any further hints as to what he supposedly did to provoke the wrath of the social media behemoth. Instead, he was only given a link to “review our Community Standards to see what’s a violation.” Facebook’s Community Standards has exploded in size over the past few years as the platform scrambles to root out political wrongthink.

Continued - Former congressman Ron Paul locked out of Facebook for undisclosed reasons

As a courtesy...

Last edited:
Maybe he broke their rules.

Perhaps he even broke HIPAA and talked about vagina. He is a vagina Doctor.

The erasing of the constitution and our bill of rights is at hand and the dems haven't even been sworn in yet....
Well I think these guys can ban who they want, as long as the gov isn't doing it. I'd bet the gov is behind it since it seems like only cons are getting censored.

It's highly doubtful that any rules were broken. I know a lot of the social media staff. Respect for property rights and rules are priority number one. It's a matter of principle.

Nope. This is something else entirely. Clearly.

Whatever, though. I'm not worried about it. Was really only sharing the news for the purpose of adding to the list. Though I'm not fond of any kind of association with the useful idiots who are giving the central government and these companies more fuel for their fire, it is important to acknowledge what said useful idiots are actually useful for to the central government and these companies.

Sorry, kind of a run-on sentence there. Basically, if they get an inch, they're gonna try to take a mile.

Last edited:
This was expected. Not as a consequence of any content, but rather awareness of intent behind the continuing assault on alternative dialogue.

Watch how fast this gets dealt with when you don't stand around and whine about it, boys. The only way around it is straight through it. Heh heh.

Anyway...

Former US congressman Ron Paul has been mysteriously locked out of his Facebook page and accused of “repeatedly going against our Community Standards.” The platform didn’t explain which content on Paul’s page flipped the switch.

The post that supposedly triggered Facebook’s discipline was not displayed, nor was Paul given any further hints as to what he supposedly did to provoke the wrath of the social media behemoth. Instead, he was only given a link to “review our Community Standards to see what’s a violation.” Facebook’s Community Standards has exploded in size over the past few years as the platform scrambles to root out political wrongthink.

Continued - Former congressman Ron Paul locked out of Facebook for undisclosed reasons

As a courtesy...
I'm not a Ron Paul fan. I mean he's ok. I get a kick out of listening to Rand Paul. That's just me. I don't agree with him politically. I would not expect either of them to be locked out of FaceBook. For the life of me, I can't imagine Ron Paul saying something so offensive to be blocked.

Last edited:
Well I think these guys can ban who they want, as long as the gov isn't doing it. I'd bet the gov is behind it since it seems like only cons are getting censored.

Relevant reading - A Four Person NATO-Funded Team Advises Facebook On Flagging 'Propaganda'

'What's more is that the team of four total individuals running the Atlantic Council's Digital Forensic Research Lab (DFR Lab) is headed by a former National Security Council advisor for the last four years of the Obama administration, Graham Brookie, who is also its founder.''

It's highly doubtful than any rules were broken. I know a lot of the social media staff. Respect for property rights and rules are priority number one. It's a matter of principle.

Nope. This is something else entirely. Clearly.

Whatever, though. I'm not worried about it. Was really only sharing the news for the purpose of adding to the list. Though I'm not fond of any kind of association with the useful idiots who are giving the central government and these companies more fuel for their fire, it is important to acknowledge what said useful idiots are actually useful for to the central government and these companies.

Sorry, kind of a run-on sentence there. Basically, if they get an inch, they're gonna try to take a mile.
I tend not complain before I know the details.

Trumps ban was justified. He was spreading already proven lies and conspiracy theories which were inciting violence, and when given a warning or a hundred asking him to stop, he kept doing it.

Twitter has no obligation to platform anyone for any reason same as the Company I work for doesn't.

Spilled milk.

Trumps ban was justified. He was spreading already proven lies and conspiracy theories which were inciting violence, and when given a warning or a hundred asking him to stop, he kept doing it.

Twitter has no obligation to platform anyone for any reason same as the Company I work for doesn't.

Spilled milk.

Trump has never been anyone's friend. He's leading his base to slaughter. That they can't see it is simply baffling to me.

24fd0525be958ffe62f85b2ce4600b15.gif

Spilled milk.

Trump has never been anyone's friend. He's leading his base to slaughter. That they can't see it is simply baffling to me.

24fd0525be958ffe62f85b2ce4600b15.gif
I've known Trump as a con artist for decades. Its common folklore in NY, and the right wanted a Daddy to say "I lubbb amewwika" and thats all they needed...didn't matter he was a pink tie wearing, mexico and China manufacturing limousine liberal.

But my point was more-so that Twitter did the right thing.

In the same position I would have done it a long long time ago. When he repeated already empirically answered "questions" about the Election should have been their last straw if they were trying to be adults in the room.

This was expected. Not as a consequence of any content, but rather awareness of intent behind the continuing assault on alternative dialogue with regard to critical policy.

Anyway...

As a courtesy...
Since the reason isn’t known then speculation is both baseless and pointless.

It’s therefore wrong to assume it wasn’t due to content and wrong to believe that there is a continuing ‘assault’ on alternative dialogue with regard to critical policy.

But the premise of the thread isn’t about facts or the truth; rather, it’s about advancing the myth that ‘big tech’ is engaged in some nefarious plot to ‘silence’ a political gadfly and hero to the libertarian fringe.

Since the reason isn’t known then speculation is both baseless and pointless.

It’s therefore wrong to assume it wasn’t due to content and wrong to believe that there is a continuing ‘assault’ on alternative dialogue with regard to critical policy.

But the premise of the thread isn’t about facts or the truth; rather, it’s about advancing the myth that ‘big tech’ is engaged in some nefarious plot to ‘silence’ a political gadfly and hero to the libertarian fringe.

Oh, no, Jones. Silly goose.

The premise of the thread was to make interested parties aware that it will be handled.

And it will be.

I've no interest in the brand of pablum that you bring to the table. Ultimately, you're unimportant. You've got over 57, 000 posts, going on 58,000. You're self-contained. Heh heh.

Last edited:
The Great Purge has begun.

The Stalin used a similar program to censor the critics of his Progressive Oppression.
Millions were murdered.

The Great Purge, also known as the “Great Terror,” was a brutal political campaign led by Soviet dictator Joseph Stalin to eliminate dissenting members of the Communist Party and anyone else he considered a threat.

Great Purge - HISTORY

Anyway...

As a courtesy...
The column Paul posted Monday to his Facebook page was about tech censorship. In the days following the January 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol, Twitter, Facebook and other sites took action against Trump. Commenting on blocking the president from publishing content, the social media giants cited rules prohibiting content that incites violence.

"Last week's massive social media purges—starting with President Trump's permanent ban from Twitter and other outlets—was shocking and chilling, particularly to those of us who value free expression and the free exchange of ideas," Paul wrote in the column.

Seems this was the trigger, according to Newsweek. I guess there's to be 'no discussing mod actions' on their open forum either?

He should have gotten earlier warnings, but his opinion in his article leaves out some pretty important information, too. It's easy to see this as a defense of Trump's provocative speech that led to such a shitshow. And right now, Twitter ain't in the mood.

Forum List

Back