Farmers on welfare ... U.S. Soybean Exporters Might Find Painful Lesson In Chicken Exports To Russia

Donald Trump has permanently damaged the agricultural industry with his trade war. The effects will translate into economic death for some rural communities as the lack of economic activity dries up jobs.

It appears the soybean market might already be lost for US farmers based on historical precedent with loss of chicken exports to Russia.

But, on the bright side, Trump might be able to lean on Boris Johnson to get British to eat more US chicken if they eventually accept chlorinated chicken, and if it is actually competitive with other suppliers.

In the meantime, Donald Trump has spent more on subsidies to farmers than was spent on the auto industry bailout of 2008-9 which was eventually mostly paid back by the auto industry. Fat chance that farmers will ever pay back because the sustainability of the industry has deteriorated since the trade war.

Thank you Donald Trump.

U.S. Soybean Exporters Might Find Painful Lesson In Chicken Exports To Russia After 2014 Ukraine Invasion

U.S. Soybean Exporters Might Find Painful Lesson In Chicken Exports To Russia After 2014 Ukraine Invasion
Ken Roberts

If U.S. soybean exporters want a glimpse of their future in China, they might consider what has happened to the U.S. chicken export market after the 2014 Russian invasion of Ukraine.
It disappeared.
This is the risk of the U.S.-China trade war to not only the soybean industry but a number of targeted industries, including oil and lumber.
While there are some differences between the Chinese and Russian cases, there are also striking similarities.
In both cases, the United States was the dominant export market.
As recently as last year, China was buying as much as 57% of U.S. soybean exports. Russia, while not as dominant a market for U.S. poultry exporters, ranked first from 2003 to 2009 and was a leading market through 2013.
In August of last year, Chinese imports of U.S. soybeans dropped to 2% of the U.S. export market. While they recovered to 54% in August of this year, they dropped to 25% in September, the most recent U.S. Census Bureau data available.
U.S. soybean exports had followed a regular pattern for years, with surges in October and November -- until this year, as the effects of the U.S.-China trade war took hold.

U.S. soybean exports had followed a regular pattern for years, with surges in October and November ...
As for Russia, since 2013, it has not purchased any poultry from the United States. None. The global U.S. poultry export market has yet to fully recover. ...

I'm sure you were crying hysterically when the US garment industry was destroyed or when over 3,000,000 US citizens lost their careers to Business Visas.
Go stick your phony concern for US citizens up your a$$.

Failure to innovate and educate caused both those.

Many more than 3 million US citizens deserve to lose their careers to visa holders because they lack competence, expertise, and proficiency.

Donald Trump and his cabinet exemplify that.
Facts for the moron named Denizen...
President Trump signed an EO that H1-Bs have to take a written test to stay in the US or come to the US.
90+% of these "Geniuses" have failed these written tests and many have been sent back to India and those in India have been told they ain't coming to the US.
And that's why US graduates are getting high paying IT jobs and Gates, etc are shitting in their pants demanding "Highly Skilled" H1-Bs.
In the meanwhile, the only two companies that don't use only Indian H1-Bs, Amazon and Apple, have been kicking the asses of the other Tech Giants.

So take your anti-American bullshit and stick it up your a$$.

Trump should be compelled to take the test and be deported to India if he fails.

In fact there is no such written test and I request you prove the assertions you have made above which I denounce as false.

Apparently many of you lefty loons are farmers, and still manage to spend hours each day entering posts. Using that WI-FI on the tractor wisely?

US farmers are on welfare and have no better use for their time than bitching on the BBS sites.

Rural America will become a network of flyover ghost towns as the agriculture businesses lose out in the trade war.

Donald Trump has increased employment for bankruptcy professionals.

Apparently many of you lefty loons are farmers, and still manage to spend hours each day entering posts. Using that WI-FI on the tractor wisely?

US farmers are on welfare and have no better use for their time than bitching on the BBS sites.

Rural America will become a network of flyover ghost towns as the agriculture businesses lose out in the trade war.

maxresdefault.jpg

They will need food.......stop your fear mongering.......for your butt buddies in China.

what commodities? How much? What fraction of the tariff was clawed back?

I've been a contractor for decades flacaltenn. And i've assumed a good deal of contractor acquaintances in said time. Maybe that's a lowly position in an overall economy, but one think i can claim w/certainty is we're all feelin' the 'tariff pinch'

Americans are payin for it, bids we did pre-tariff w/out 'materials clause' will be eaten by contractors, ask me how i know....

Further, one would have had to be living under a rock not to feel the pinch>>>

5 seconds....five....>>>
The Total Cost of Trump's Tariffs - AAF
https://www.americanactionforum.org › research › the-total-cost-of-trumps...Dec 16, 2019 - Trade barriers such as tariffs increase the cost of both consumer and producer ... China's retaliation also spurred President Trump to order an ...

How Trump's China tariffs will impact prices for consumers
https://www.cnbc.com › 2019/08/31 › what-you-should-buy-on-labor-day...Aug 31, 2019 - The U.S. decision to hike duties on Chinese goods will weigh on consumers. Labor Day may be the last chance to avoid higher prices on some ...

How Much Will the Trade War Cost You by the End of the Year ...
https://www.nytimes.com › interactive › business › economy › trade-war-costsSep 1, 2019 - Cost of tariffs across all goods and services ... China responded with its own tariffs, and the two sides have since retaliated with ... All consumer.

Cost to U.S. consumers, businesses of Trump's China tariffs ...
https://www.reuters.com › article › us-usa-trade-china-tariffs › cost-to-u-s-..Aug 7, 2019 - WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A whopping 74% increase in tariffs since last year added $6 billion in extra costs for U.S. consumers and businesses ...

Americans, not Chinese, pay Trump tariffs: NY Fed study ...
https://www.reuters.com › article › americans-not-chinese-pay-trump-tariff...
Nov 25, 2019 - Instead, the prices Chinese firms charge have barely budged, meaning U.S. companies and consumers are paying the tariff costs, estimated at ...

~S~

Donald Trump has permanently damaged the agricultural industry with his trade war. The effects will translate into economic death for some rural communities as the lack of economic activity dries up jobs.

It appears the soybean market might already be lost for US farmers based on historical precedent with loss of chicken exports to Russia.

But, on the bright side, Trump might be able to lean on Boris Johnson to get British to eat more US chicken if they eventually accept chlorinated chicken, and if it is actually competitive with other suppliers.

In the meantime, Donald Trump has spent more on subsidies to farmers than was spent on the auto industry bailout of 2008-9 which was eventually mostly paid back by the auto industry. Fat chance that farmers will ever pay back because the sustainability of the industry has deteriorated since the trade war.

Thank you Donald Trump.

Ken Roberts

If U.S. soybean exporters want a glimpse of their future in China, they might consider what has happened to the U.S. chicken export market after the 2014 Russian invasion of Ukraine.
It disappeared.
This is the risk of the U.S.-China trade war to not only the soybean industry but a number of targeted industries, including oil and lumber.
While there are some differences between the Chinese and Russian cases, there are also striking similarities.
As recently as last year, China was buying as much as 57% of U.S. soybean exports. Russia, while not as dominant a market for U.S. poultry exporters, ranked first from 2003 to 2009 and was a leading market through 2013.
In August of last year, Chinese imports of U.S. soybeans dropped to 2% of the U.S. export market. While they recovered to 54% in August of this year, they dropped to 25% in September, the most recent U.S. Census Bureau data available.
U.S. soybean exports had followed a regular pattern for years, with surges in October and November -- until this year, as the effects of the U.S.-China trade war took hold.

U.S. soybean exports had followed a regular pattern for years, with surges in October and November ...
As for Russia, since 2013, it has not purchased any poultry from the United States. None. The global U.S. poultry export market has yet to fully recover. ...

I'm sure you were crying hysterically when the US garment industry was destroyed or when over 3,000,000 US citizens lost their careers to Business Visas.
Go stick your phony concern for US citizens up your a$$.

Failure to innovate and educate caused both those.

Many more than 3 million US citizens deserve to lose their careers to visa holders because they lack competence, expertise, and proficiency.

Donald Trump and his cabinet exemplify that.
Facts for the moron named Denizen...
President Trump signed an EO that H1-Bs have to take a written test to stay in the US or come to the US.
90+% of these "Geniuses" have failed these written tests and many have been sent back to India and those in India have been told they ain't coming to the US.
And that's why US graduates are getting high paying IT jobs and Gates, etc are shitting in their pants demanding "Highly Skilled" H1-Bs.
In the meanwhile, the only two companies that don't use only Indian H1-Bs, Amazon and Apple, have been kicking the asses of the other Tech Giants.

So take your anti-American bullshit and stick it up your a$$.

Trump should be compelled to take the test and be deported to India if he fails.

In fact there is no such written test and I request you prove the assertions you have made above which I denounce as false.
First you provide what I requested from you...
H1-B innovation.
I’ll wait...because it doesn’t exist.

And your farm is in which state?

State of mind.

State of mind.

More like state of confusion.

State of mind.

More like state of confusion.

You have expertise?

what commodities? How much? What fraction of the tariff was clawed back?

I've been a contractor for decades flacaltenn. And i've assumed a good deal of contractor acquaintances in said time. Maybe that's a lowly position in an overall economy, but one think i can claim w/certainty is we're all feelin' the 'tariff pinch'

Americans are payin for it, bids we did pre-tariff w/out 'materials clause' will be eaten by contractors, ask me how i know....

Further, one would have had to be living under a rock not to feel the pinch>>>

5 seconds....five....>>>
The Total Cost of Trump's Tariffs - AAF
https://www.americanactionforum.org › research › the-total-cost-of-trumps...Dec 16, 2019 - Trade barriers such as tariffs increase the cost of both consumer and producer ... China's retaliation also spurred President Trump to order an ...

How Trump's China tariffs will impact prices for consumers
https://www.cnbc.com › 2019/08/31 › what-you-should-buy-on-labor-day...Aug 31, 2019 - The U.S. decision to hike duties on Chinese goods will weigh on consumers. Labor Day may be the last chance to avoid higher prices on some ...

How Much Will the Trade War Cost You by the End of the Year ...
https://www.nytimes.com › interactive › business › economy › trade-war-costsSep 1, 2019 - Cost of tariffs across all goods and services ... China responded with its own tariffs, and the two sides have since retaliated with ... All consumer.

Cost to U.S. consumers, businesses of Trump's China tariffs ...
https://www.reuters.com › article › us-usa-trade-china-tariffs › cost-to-u-s-..Aug 7, 2019 - WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A whopping 74% increase in tariffs since last year added $6 billion in extra costs for U.S. consumers and businesses ...

Americans, not Chinese, pay Trump tariffs: NY Fed study ...
https://www.reuters.com › article › americans-not-chinese-pay-trump-tariff...
Nov 25, 2019 - Instead, the prices Chinese firms charge have barely budged, meaning U.S. companies and consumers are paying the tariff costs, estimated at ...

~S~

Hell.. I'm a big consumer.. And before I closed my Electronic Product Design Consultancy in 2017, I was ALREADY feeling pinches from not HAVING A SUPPLY CHAIN... Forget about PRICING info from manufacturers working for my clients in China... It was UNAVAILABLE... As was tech support or English spec sheets... So don't tell me that miniscule price variations are itching your hide... There are BIGGER ISSUES to be solved here and Trump is the 1st US leader to take a whack at it...

As a consumer, I haven't noticed a pinch, an itch, or even an annoying buzz...

Tell me WHAT SPECIFIC retail commodities have had DRASTIC increases in price solely to the tariffs... Don't give me half a dozen whiny links about cowering during a trade negotiation/war.....

Thank you Donald Trump.

Ken Roberts

It disappeared.

The Brits are too smart to buy american meat product....they know our food is compromised, heck they see trump rallies and all the hippos in there...most jobless and obese.
Perhaps. Will be interesting to see. Too bad the Brits didn't decide say in the EU.
Johnson will bend over and take whatever trump gives him. He has to. The only hope is that Pelosi stands up for the GFA and vetoes any trade deal.
I hope she does. That been said, looking at trump and Borris I think whoever runs the world meant to make jokes on people.

Cl93B2GWgAAoXha.jpg

The Brits are too smart to buy american meat product....they know our food is compromised, heck they see trump rallies and all the hippos in there...most jobless and obese.

Hmm...boy oh boy those inconvenient fact always get in the way...huh?

Obesity affects some groups more than others

• Hispanics (47.0%) and non-Hispanic blacks (46.8%) had the highest age-adjusted prevalence of obesity, followed by non-Hispanic whites (37.9%) and non-Hispanic Asians (12.7%).
  • The prevalence of obesity was 35.7% among young adults aged 20 to 39 years, 42.8% among middle-aged adults aged 40 to 59 years, and 41.0% among older adults aged 60 and older..Adult Obesity Facts | Overweight & Obesity | CDC
Who Participated in Welfare?
  • The black population: At 41.6 percent, blacks were more likely to participate in government assistance programs in an average month.
o The black participation rate was followed by Hispanics at 36.4 percent, Asians or Pacific
Islanders at 17.8 percent, and non-Hispanic whites at 13.2 percent.
21.3% of US Participates in Government Assistance Programs Each Month
White liberals generally are healthier on the coasts and in big cities. Not so much in trailer parks, flyover states and the deep south. You know this more than I do you live in OC.
Just look at the trump rallies bunch of obese dummies led by a a fat orangina.

Say Warren is the challenger. And it's a choice of Warren or Trump. You come on here, and say "How can you vote for Trump! He's over spending!"

Well Warren just said publicly about how to pay for all the programs she supports "Well there's always more money!".

Which do you think I'm going to vote for? [...]
Not paying the bills.

There are BIGGER ISSUES to be solved here and Trump is the 1st US leader to take

First and foremost, Trump IS NOT the 1st potus to go down tariff avenue
https://www.aier.org/article/tariff...IO_FcAZ74ZxYdOMMXV7wnfwIBMSsSOtBoCEKsQAvD_BwE

The bigger issue, if you can be objective enough, is we are a consumer, not a producer nation , the fact that our national debt surpassed our GNP leaves us dependent on the worlds imports.

The last time it was of such imbalance was afert WW2, understandably.

The dif was then we were a manufacturing giant on this rock, which had clout

This millennium it's the other way 'round , we can thank NAFTA ,TPP, and all our wall street globalization advocates (where Trump hails from), so check our ammo out now>>>>
MW-HI924_us_chi_NS_20190506112401.jpg

Tell me WHAT SPECIFIC retail commodities have had DRASTIC increases in price solely to the tariffs

Pick one.....guess what i do all day....

It’s Official: Tariffs To Impact Lighting – lightED

. Don't give me half a dozen whiny links about cowering during a trade negotiation/war..

What mode of communication would you like here flacaltenn?

I'm somewhat constrained to 'links' you see....

Further, i'm no partisan , IF Trump does something good for the American worker ant middle class, i'd applaud him

IF he's out to bullsh*t us, i'll be the first to point it out

and this is BS in the highest order>>>an economic game of chicken>>>>

_108550937_us_china_timeline_trade_v3_640-nc-3.png

Further, you need (et all) to realize where this can lead, sanctions are on the table

What does this mean? Well....separating strategic trading partners from potential threats would be a factor....guess who's China's biggest trading partner these days? Hint....it ain't the USofA

~S~

There are BIGGER ISSUES to be solved here and Trump is the 1st US leader to take

First and foremost, Trump IS NOT the 1st potus to go down tariff avenue
https://www.aier.org/article/tariff...IO_FcAZ74ZxYdOMMXV7wnfwIBMSsSOtBoCEKsQAvD_BwE

The bigger issue, if you can be objective enough, is we are a consumer, not a producer nation , the fact that our national debt surpassed our GNP leaves us dependent on the worlds imports.

The last time it was of such imbalance was afert WW2, understandably.

The dif was then we were a manufacturing giant on this rock, which had clout

This millennium it's the other way 'round , we can thank NAFTA ,TPP, and all our wall street globalization advocates (where Trump hails from), so check our ammo out now>>>>
MW-HI924_us_chi_NS_20190506112401.jpg

Tell me WHAT SPECIFIC retail commodities have had DRASTIC increases in price solely to the tariffs

Pick one.....guess what i do all day....

It’s Official: Tariffs To Impact Lighting – lightED

. Don't give me half a dozen whiny links about cowering during a trade negotiation/war..

What mode of communication would you like here flacaltenn?

I'm somewhat constrained to 'links' you see....

Further, i'm no partisan , IF Trump does something good for the American worker ant middle class, i'd applaud him

IF he's out to bullsh*t us, i'll be the first to point it out

and this is BS in the highest order>>>an economic game of chicken>>>>

_108550937_us_china_timeline_trade_v3_640-nc-3.png

Further, you need (et all) to realize where this can lead, sanctions are on the table

What does this mean? Well....separating strategic trading partners from potential threats would be a factor....guess who's China's biggest trading partner these days? Hint....it ain't the USofA

~S~
brics-runers.jpg

Pick a side

the globalists already did after Nixon opened the gates ,and Clinton greased their ride Eagle

their allegiance is to a $$$, and they lobby the daylights outta Congress

Now had we listened to Ross Perot , maybe instituted VAT / GST 30 years ago, not killed off unions, we might have maintained some economic clout

Sadly, we've come to a point where we have little ammo to make economic reparations

Walk softly and carry a big stick has morphed into stomp loudly with a little d*ck

~S~

Pick a side

the globalists already did after Nixon opened the gates ,and Clinton greased their ride Eagle

their allegiance is to a $$$, and they lobby the daylights outta Congress

Now had we listened to Ross Perot , maybe instituted VAT / GST 30 years ago, not killed off unions, we might have maintained some economic clout

Sadly, we've come to a point where we have little ammo to make economic reparations

Walk softly and carry a big stick has morphed into stomp loudly with a little d*ck

~S~

And you would bend over and say to a potential enemy........please do me without Vasoline......

They aren't our Friends......and they would be growing at 15% instead of 6% now.....But all you care about are Stock options now isn't that so.............as they build a stronger military to one day fight us.

Perhaps you are more concerned over money and not a potential enemy.

They and India have a 1/3rd of the population of the earth.............they will need the dang food.....STOP WHINING.

And you would bend over and say to a potential enemy........please do me without Vasoline...

Free trade advoactes did
I was never one for free trade, open market, and /or it's globaist henchmen Eagle

so you see, your angst and hatred is completely off target

again at that....

They and India have a 1/3rd of the population of the earth.............they will need the dang food.....STOP WHINING.

let them >>>
lethemeatcake.png

~S~

Forum List

Back