Finally....

This is the Bushmaster they used. Note the absence of any threads for a manufactured suppressor. It didn't even have a "flash suppressor." And there are no signs (or claims) that a home made silencer was used. Taken from: DC Sniper Rifle

BeltwaySniper.jpg

Here is an actual image of their car and trunk and how it was modified. The image includes an officer demonstrating the shooting position. Taken from:

20110121235334_1.png

Note the end of the barrel is sticking OUT of the trunk.
. Nice work... Now looking at the same pictures you are looking at, is that not a suppressor on the end of that barrel or is that barrel just that thick ?? Would a suppressor have female threads or male threads ?? The Remington 700 it said that the silencer was an add/modification didn't it ?? Otherwise where as the barrel was threaded or modified to accept the silencer ?? So would the barrel be threaded on the outside, and the suppressor threaded on the inside ?? Not sure how the modification is accomplished in the set up.

How long is the suppressor in standard length ?? The cop is demonstrating the stance in the trunk, but the young Malvo was the one shooting from the trunk because of his smaller size, so not sure by the demonstration if it tells us exactly how they did this or not. The trunk is open in the demonstration, but in order to conseal the shooter and weapon when firing, the trunk was shut, and then I wonder how the boy was aquirring his target to actually shoot with just a hole big enough for the barrel to stick out of. Hmmm. How would the vehicle get close enough in a parking lot to shoot people with no suppressor at all, and the full sound of the gun being exposed in the shoot without revealing the position of these shooters instantly ??

They were baffling the authorities with their learned strategy in which made people to panic in these regions. Many questions not answered yet. Anyway, let's add the suppressor into the situation hypothetically then, now would it have enhanced their abilities to get away with their killing more stealth like or lesson their ability to get away with what they pulled off ?? The only reason I'm adding it to the event, is because the Remington 700 had one on it, but it was missing when found. How much more efficient would they have been if had kept the 700 with all it's accessories talked about ?? Wasn't the back seat removed, and therefore the shooter would crawl into position from the back seat area, lay down, look through scope down the barrel inside trunk, otherwise with the scope atop looking and pointing out of the same whole, and while both were being concealed ?? I think this is what was reported back then, but not sure now. Seems to only way to conceal the shoot, keep the sound down, aquire the target, and make the shoot through the same hole. If to close to hole, then you would lose the ability to aquire the target through the same hole. Both shooter and weapon has to be back at least 3 to 4' from the hole, and also for the tri-pod to work if had one. Hmm..

BeltwaySniper.jpg

not a suppressor just the barrel

5.56mm Rifle - Silencers
. Fat barrel... Must be for shock resistance and such.

Dude seriously.

If you are going to remain this ignorant about guns. . . . for the love of Gawd, please have the decency to change your avatar to some snowflake, a daisy, tree hugger. . . . something like that.
. Ohh, so if I am questioning things a little that are curious to me (undoubtedly sacred to you upon the positions that you hold on the topic), then I am a liberal eh ?? Is this how it's gonna be with you people as well ?? Hypocrite much ?? :itsok:

There's just no excuse for anyone to be as ignorant about things as you are being in this thread. So yeah, liberal or not. . . you belong on that (other) side of the wall until you learn a thing or two about what you are going on about. It's not even a "sacred" thing to have some basic knowledge about guns.... but confusing a heavy barrel for a "silencer?" What a joke.

Do yourself a fucking favor and learn to look shit up before you post about it. Or don't. I really could care less.

Last edited:
They did shoot from the trunk. As long as they extended the barrel outside the trunk before pulling the trigger they'd be fine.
. As I remember they shot the weapon with the barrel inside the trunk in order to conceal it. This I think was evident when shooting the lady going into purchase her groceries from the shopping center parking lot. It's what kept them from being revealed as they went about doing their killing.

This is the Bushmaster they used. Note the absence of any threads for a manufactured suppressor. It didn't even have a "flash suppressor." And there are no signs (or claims) that a home made silencer was used. Taken from: DC Sniper Rifle

BeltwaySniper.jpg

Here is an actual image of their car and trunk and how it was modified. The image includes an officer demonstrating the shooting position. Taken from:

20110121235334_1.png

Note the end of the barrel is sticking OUT of the trunk.
. Nice work... Now looking at the same pictures you are looking at, is that not a suppressor on the end of that barrel or is that barrel just that thick ?? Would a suppressor have female threads or male threads ?? The Remington 700 it said that the silencer was an add/modification didn't it ?? Otherwise where as the barrel was threaded or modified to accept the silencer ?? So would the barrel be threaded on the outside, and the suppressor threaded on the inside ?? Not sure how the modification is accomplished in the set up.

How long is the suppressor in standard length ?? The cop is demonstrating the stance in the trunk, but the young Malvo was the one shooting from the trunk because of his smaller size, so not sure by the demonstration if it tells us exactly how they did this or not. The trunk is open in the demonstration, but in order to conseal the shooter and weapon when firing, the trunk was shut, and then I wonder how the boy was aquirring his target to actually shoot with just a hole big enough for the barrel to stick out of. Hmmm. How would the vehicle get close enough in a parking lot to shoot people with no suppressor at all, and the full sound of the gun being exposed in the shoot without revealing the position of these shooters instantly ??

They were baffling the authorities with their learned strategy in which made people to panic in these regions. Many questions not answered yet. Anyway, let's add the suppressor into the situation hypothetically then, now would it have enhanced their abilities to get away with their killing more stealth like or lesson their ability to get away with what they pulled off ?? The only reason I'm adding it to the event, is because the Remington 700 had one on it, but it was missing when found. How much more efficient would they have been if had kept the 700 with all it's accessories talked about ?? Wasn't the back seat removed, and therefore the shooter would crawl into position from the back seat area, lay down, look through scope down the barrel inside trunk, otherwise with the scope atop looking and pointing out of the same whole, and while both were being concealed ?? I think this is what was reported back then, but not sure now. Seems to only way to conceal the shoot, keep the sound down, aquire the target, and make the shoot through the same hole. If to close to hole, then you would lose the ability to aquire the target through the same hole. Both shooter and weapon has to be back at least 3 to 4' from the hole, and also for the tri-pod to work if had one. Hmm..

BeltwaySniper.jpg

http://www.silencershop.com/silencers/5-56mm-rifle.html
and quality

BeltwaySniper.jpg

5.56mm Rifle - Silencers

Dude seriously.

If you are going to remain this ignorant about guns. . . . for the love of Gawd, please have the decency to change your avatar to some snowflake, a daisy, tree hugger. . . . something like that.
. Ohh, so if I am questioning things a little that are curious to me (undoubtedly sacred to you upon the positions that you hold on the topic), then I am a liberal eh ?? Is this how it's gonna be with you people as well ?? Hypocrite much ?? :itsok:

There's just no excuse for anyone to be as ignorant about things as you are being in this thread. So yeah, liberal or not. . . you belong on that (other) side of the wall until you learn a thing or two about what you are going on about. It's not even a "sacred" thing to have some basic knowledge about guns.... but confusing a heavy barrel for a "silencer?" What a joke.

Do yourself a fucking favor and learn to look shit up before you post about it. Or don't. I really could care less.
. It's like turning a channel, just look the other way if you can't stand to converse like a man about something. You are compelled to answer, because you fear the subject may escalate into something you don't want it to. Don't worry, because only a few are fanatics about assault weapons with or without suppressors or silencers on them, so your world ain't challenged. I am a hunter with shot guns, and I own hand guns, but no fanatic here, so some subjects are fun to explore with the right people, but you ain't the right people are you ?? One way or the highway with your type, but that's cool so just ignore me if you have to, but to answer anything I ask is to suggest that you feel that you are the most intelligent on the subject in the OP, and your job is to save everyone else here from these questions. Here-we-go-again is way better a poster here than you are, because at least he has class when talking about a subject.

BeltwaySniper.jpg

5.56mm Rifle - Silencers

Dude seriously.

. It's like turning a channel, just look the other way if you can't stand to converse like a man about something. You are compelled to answer, because you fear the subject may escalate into something you don't want it to. Don't worry, because only a few are fanatics about assault weapons with or without suppressors or silencers on them, so your world ain't challenged. I am a hunter with shot guns, and I own hand guns, but no fanatic here, so some subjects are fun to explore with the right people, but you ain't the right people are you ?? One way or the highway with your type, but that's cool so just ignore me if you have to, but to answer anything I ask is to suggest that you feel that you are the most intelligent on the subject in the OP, and your job is to save everyone else here from these questions. Here-we-go-again is way better a poster here than you are, because at least he has class when talking about a subject.

Hey if your way to "explore" a subject is to insult the intelligence of others and by posting multiple claims that you can't back up? This is probably going to be a reaction that is familiar to you. At first I felt sorry or embarrassed for you, given your lack of knowledge on the subject. . . But when I see how you react to the information you are given by essentially doubling down on your ignorance (thinking a heavy barrel is a silencer?) You become nothing more than a troll and a waste of time.

I post the above only as a favor to others so that maybe they won't waste their time with you on this subject as I have.

Dude seriously.

Hey if your way to "explore" a subject is to insult the intelligence of others and by posting multiple claims that you can't back up? This is probably going to be a reaction that is familiar to you. At first I felt sorry or embarrassed for you, given your lack of knowledge on the subject. . . But when I see how you react to the information you are given by essentially doubling down on your ignorance (thinking a heavy barrel is a silencer?) You become nothing more than a troll and a waste of time.

I post the above only as a favor to others so that maybe they won't waste their time with you on this subject as I have.
. You pick and choose what you figure is a single loser question, but avoid the ones that are debatable.. Says alot about your motives here. Why not educate like the rest have so eloquently done here ?

Dude seriously.

. Waste their time or figure you had just shut me down ?

Apologize for my confusion between a suppressor and a silencer, and thanks for those who helped me out. I did make it exciting or interesting with the Malvo story though didn't I ??

Dude seriously.

A Bushmaster with suppressor I looked up.

BeltwaySniper.jpg

5.56mm Rifle - Silencers

Dude seriously.

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ed/4d/b2/ed4db26aa6630009bf826d601938e4db.jpg&imgrefurl=https://in.pinterest.com/explore/bushmaster-223/&docid=XPsultFm7xRNHM&tbnid=5rDipl7xatMxNM:&vet=1&w=550&h=550&client=ms-android-verizon&bih=559&biw=360&q=free images of the .223 bushmaster with suppressor&ved=0ahUKEwjU0qC5nsPRAhVnLMAKHbDsDFgQMwglKAowCg&iact=mrc&uact=8

Bush master look up with barrel suppressor... That's what I came up with. Is that a suppressor in the pick ?

Dude seriously.

BeltwaySniper.jpg

5.56mm Rifle - Silencers

Dude seriously.

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ed/4d/b2/ed4db26aa6630009bf826d601938e4db.jpg&imgrefurl=https://in.pinterest.com/explore/bushmaster-223/&docid=XPsultFm7xRNHM&tbnid=5rDipl7xatMxNM:&vet=1&w=550&h=550&client=ms-android-verizon&bih=559&biw=360&q=free images of the .223 bushmaster with suppressor&ved=0ahUKEwjU0qC5nsPRAhVnLMAKHbDsDFgQMwglKAowCg&iact=mrc&uact=8

Bush master look up with barrel suppressor... That's what I came up with. Is that a suppressor in the pick ?
flash or sound suppressor ?

Last edited:

Dude seriously.

. Not sure.. I just typed in Bushmaster .223 with barrel suppressor, and those pic's came up. I did notice that one of the rifles was missing part of the barrel right at the end of the hand stock. I guess it can unscrew from that area in the break down. I also noticed that at the end of some of the barrels they had what was called a pinned suppressor. I guess that is a short piece that is pinned at the end of the barrel. Different ways or styles I guess. Was wondering - Was the suppressors banned or something, I mean or why else would they need this bill to change something about them or there usage ?? I saw where someone wrote something about a 1934 thing where it wasn't unconstitutional to restrict them. Wonder why they recognized such a thing in 1934 ? The mob activity maybe ?

Dude seriously.

. Not sure.. I just typed in Bushmaster .223 with barrel suppressor, and those pic's came up. I did notice that one of the rifles was missing part of the barrel right at the end of the hand stock. I guess it can unscrew from that area in the break down. I also noticed that at the end of some of the barrels they had what was called a pinned suppressor. I guess that is a short piece that is pinned at the end of the barrel. Different ways or styles I guess. Was wondering - Was the suppressors banned or something, I mean or why else would they need this bill to change something about them or there usage ?? I saw where someone wrote something about a 1934 thing where it wasn't unconstitutional to restrict them. Wonder why they recognized such a thing in 1934 ? The mob activity maybe ?

Was the suppressors banned or something,

they are a class III NFA firearm

not sure that they should be

Forum List

Back