Fired for Being on the Pill

I guess she'd get fired.

I also wonder, what would happen if the doctor lied? A doctor is ethically bound to treat their patients, not dance to some stupid corporate bullshit. Is it ethical to deny a woman a birth control prescription out of fear of reprisal?

Neither one of you knows how insurance works. If insurance does not cover contraception proscribed to prevent unintended pregnacy, then when the doctor submits the bill to the insurance company for contraception proscribed to prevent unintended pregnancy, it gets rejected by the insurance company.

And then the woman has to pay the full price out of her own pocket.

If the woman then asks her religious boss to pay for her pill, knowing ahead of time it is against her boss's religion to pay for medically unnecessary birth control, then what special kind of idiot employee do you have to be to even do that?

Would you ask a Muslim boss to pay your bar tab?

interesting that you would tell others that they don't know how "insurance companies work" when you clearly don't have a clue.

the doctor would not submit a bill for a prescription. the prescription would be submitted to the pharmacy when the woman buys the pills. the pharmacist then submits the bill to the insurance company and the woman pays whatever co-pay she might have.

ONE MO' TIME FOR THE STUPID...

the employer does not pay for the pills... the insurance company does.

if she signs a sworn statement as to medical need, she will lose her insurance coverage, which means she is effectively denied coverage for contraception because of some religious nutbar.

still waiting for the part of the bill that states this. Please... link?

here is the text link...AGAIN.
http://e-lobbyist.com/gaits/text/596074

Show me the penalty for signing a sworn statement falsely.

Last edited:
"The article then points out that Arizona is a right to work state which means that if the woman claims it is for sexual purposes she could be fired for it and there would be nothing she or anyone else can do about it."

There is no way this could be the bill or that someone could fire a woman because she's on the pill to avoid pregnancy. If an employer really does this they should be put out of business and I will be the first one cheering for their demise. What the heck is wrong with these wack jobs.

Neither one of you knows how insurance works. If insurance does not cover contraception proscribed to prevent unintended pregnacy, then when the doctor submits the bill to the insurance company for contraception proscribed to prevent unintended pregnancy, it gets rejected by the insurance company.

And then the woman has to pay the full price out of her own pocket.

If the woman then asks her religious boss to pay for her pill, knowing ahead of time it is against her boss's religion to pay for medically unnecessary birth control, then what special kind of idiot employee do you have to be to even do that?

Would you ask a Muslim boss to pay your bar tab?

interesting that you would tell others that they don't know how "insurance companies work" when you clearly don't have a clue.

the doctor would not submit a bill for a prescription. the prescription would be submitted to the pharmacy when the woman buys the pills. the pharmacist then submits the bill to the insurance company and the woman pays whatever co-pay she might have.

if she signs a sworn statement as to medical need, she will lose her insurance coverage, which means she is effectively denied coverage for contraception because of some religious nutbar.

Bill Text: AZ House Bill 2625 - Fiftieth Legislature - Second Regular Session (2012) | eLobbyist

i'd suggest you look at the standard insurance agreement. false statements are a no no

I guess she'd get fired.

But how would she get discovered in the first place, unless the bill were amended to also include a provision that would allow the employer to require input from her doctor? My point is that it would be, at best, an unenforceable law, at worst, unconstitutional because it would invade the right to privacy.

The problem passage was REMOVED from the bill BEFORE it was voted on in the Judiciary Committee.

That’s not the issue.

It’s ‘message legislation,’ never intended for passage, meant to intimidate.

I will never, ever, in a million years, understand the thought process of those that claim to be conservatives.

That’s because there is no thought process; any such process is disrupted by ignorance, hate, and fear.

When did my ex-home state become the most stupid and backward in the Union?

Among the most stupid and backward…
What ever happened to the Republican party?

It sold its soul to social conservatives, Christian fundamentalists, and the radical right.

Most of you won't remember this, but Seiko watches used to put out a few TV commercials at one time. One of them featured a comely lass who attributed to Seiko's reliability by flexing her forearm to prominently display her Seiko: "My husband's no longer here, but my Seiko's still ticking." Just so happened she also happened to work for a Jesuit University down South. Until someone higher up saw the commercial and recognized her. Gone!

Yeah, the Catholic Church is like that, isn't it?

Why I dropped them like a bad habit 30 years ago and never looked back.

I wish they showed as much concern when their priests were molesting children.

Bill Text: AZ House Bill 2625 - Fiftieth Legislature - Second Regular Session (2012) | eLobbyist

i'd suggest you look at the standard insurance agreement. false statements are a no no

you made the claim... back it up. Link to a 'standard insurance agreement' that says if she gives a false statement as to why she wants birth control pills, she loses the insurance.

I'll start you off on the subject...
http://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/cancellation-of-health-insurance-policies.html
Under What Circumstances Can A Health Insurance Company Cancel My Policy?

Health care insurance policies can be cancelled if there is a material omission or misrepresentation made by a policyholder in the application for coverage. Even if the policy is issued and premiums are paid, the insurer can cancel the policy later if they discover that the policyholder did not disclose significant medical history in the application. The result is that the policy is canceled, the insurer does not have to pay for the care that was rendered, and the premiums paid on the policy are returned to the policyholder (minus a reasonable cost associated with the period of time during which the policy was in force).
In the application for coverage... NOT in an affidavit filed when submitting a claim for, in this example, birth control pills.

Last edited:

you made the claim... back it up. Link to a 'standard insurance agreement' that says if she gives a false statement as to why she wants birth control pills, she loses the insurance.

Cancellation Of Health Insurance Policies | LegalMatch Law Library

Health care insurance policies can be cancelled if there is a material omission or misrepresentation made by a policyholder in the application for coverage. Even if the policy is issued and premiums are paid, the insurer can cancel the policy later if they discover that the policyholder did not disclose significant medical history in the application. The result is that the policy is canceled, the insurer does not have to pay for the care that was rendered, and the premiums paid on the policy are returned to the policyholder (minus a reasonable cost associated with the period of time during which the policy was in force).
In the application for coverage... NOT in an affidavit filed when submitting a claim for, in this example, birth control pills.
Google insurance fraud.

And while you're at it, when are you going to explain in your own words what this bill seeks to accomplish?

Cancellation Of Health Insurance Policies | LegalMatch Law Library

Google insurance fraud.

And while you're at it, when are you going to explain in your own words what this bill seeks to accomplish?

in other words, you can't link to proof of Jillian's claim. Got it.

As for in my own words, already been done, multiple times, by multiple posters in this thread. The fact you refuse to see them is plain.

Just how many women have lost their job because they used contraception?

While I do not have any link to prove this, my guess is that the number is somewhere in the area of between zero and none. Of course, if the OP or anyone else has a link proving this incorrect, I'd certainly revise my numbers accordingly.

Just how many women have lost their job because they used contraception?

None yet...but this law is still kinda silly....religious institutions should be able to refuse hiring people who are "sinners" according to their faith and employees should be able to not disclose personal life choices that don't affect the job...taking birth control does not impact your ability to work, unlike say being a drunk.

So the employer can ask but the employee doesn't have to tell. If the employee decides to tell then the employer should be able to use that information however they see fit.

For example, a woman who wanted to prevent pregnancy would not be allowed health insurance coverage for oral contraceptives or a tubal ligation, a surgical procedure in which a woman's fallopian tubes are blocked, tied, or cut to permanently prevent pregnancy.

However, the bill does provide that a woman with endometriosis, which causes pain, irregular bleeding and infertility, could be treated using oral contraceptives, but she would have to first submit a claim to her employer providing evidence of the medical condition. If the employer decided to cover the oral contraceptive for medical reasons and not pregnancy prevention, the woman would be charged an administrative fee.

Ariz.: Boss can ask about birth control - Health - Lifestyle - Dalje.com

It is no employer's business to be privy to the private lives of their employees in this manner.

For example, a woman who wanted to prevent pregnancy would not be allowed health insurance coverage for oral contraceptives or a tubal ligation, a surgical procedure in which a woman's fallopian tubes are blocked, tied, or cut to permanently prevent pregnancy.

However, the bill does provide that a woman with endometriosis, which causes pain, irregular bleeding and infertility, could be treated using oral contraceptives, but she would have to first submit a claim to her employer providing evidence of the medical condition. If the employer decided to cover the oral contraceptive for medical reasons and not pregnancy prevention, the woman would be charged an administrative fee.

Ariz.: Boss can ask about birth control - Health - Lifestyle - Dalje.com

It is no employer's business to be privy to the private lives of their employees in this manner.

Employers can decide what type of coverage they wish to provide as an employment benefit (for example not paying for contraception coverage if it violates their religious views), however I do agree with you that it is not the employers business what goes on between me and my doctor, just like its not the govt's business either (obamacare).

who go fired?

Hell, everybody knows the answer to that. It is the woman who won't put out for the horny boss once he finds out that she is on birth control pills.

I can see it now, in the bosses office, "Damn it bitch either put out or get out. I'm in charge here and one of my benefits is sex with whomever I want. If you don't want to play, go find another job."

And yes there really are people like that. In my home town my father helped men like that to disappear never to be seen again. Now a days that is considered illegal (the disapearances) and most men will not protect their women or girlfriends from predators.

This is so much liberal bullshit, that it's impossible to see what really is under the pile.

This is so much liberal bullshit, that it's impossible to see what really is under the pile.

In what way is this "liberal bullshit" ???

Yesterday, a Senate Judiciary Committee endorsed Republican Debbie Lesko's HB2625 by a vote of 6-2, which would allow an employer to request proof that a woman using insurance to buy birth control was being prescribed the birth control for reasons other than not wanting to get pregnant.

It's all about freedom, she said, echoing everyone who thinks there's nothing ironic about claiming that a country that's "free" allows people's bosses to dictate what medical care is available to them through insurance.

First amendment. The constitution. Rights of religious people to practice the treasured tenets of their faiths, the tenets that dictate that religious people get to tell everyone who is not of faith how they're supposed to live, and the freedom to have that faith enforced by law. Freedom®.

Law Will Allow Employers to Fire Women for Using Whore Pills

just how many women have lost their job because they used contraception?

Zero.

This is just another OMG the sky is falling thread by USMB's resident dumbass affectionately known as CantHelpButBeStupid.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back