First college football playoff committee releases its first ranking of the season

he beat OSU that secured his job for the next 10 years of not beating OSU....
What if he loses the next 5 years? Hopefully that won't happen though. I always thought Harbaugh would be a good recruiter. He needs to get more blue chip recruits who currently go to OSU first.

What if he loses the next 5 years? Hopefully that won't happen though. I always thought Harbaugh would be a good recruiter. He needs to get more blue chip recruits who currently go to OSU first.
This year was the first year they've won since 2012, and they lost every year for 7 years before that. It really hasnt been competitive between them since the late 90's early 2000's.

Harbaugh has been the coach since 2015 so he's 1-5 and he would be 1-6 had they not canceled the game last year. While Michigan wants to beat OSU every year I think the school gets that it's not in the cards for them, and I don't think it's the coach honestly.

To me this the same convo people have about getting rid of their starting QB in the NFL. Sure he's not Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers. But if you get rid of him who's the replacement? There are only so many top echelon QB's out there. Same with coaches. It's awesome when you get a Saban or a Belichick but that doesnt happen very often. Harbaugh is a good coach. He's not Saban but who is?

This year was the first year they've won since 2012, and they lost every year for 7 years before that. It really hasnt been competitive between them since the late 90's early 2000's.

Harbaugh has been the coach since 2015 so he's 1-5 and he would be 1-6 had they not canceled the game last year. While Michigan wants to beat OSU every year I think the school gets that it's not in the cards for them, and I don't think it's the coach honestly.

To me this the same convo people have about getting rid of their starting QB in the NFL. Sure he's not Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers. But if you get rid of him who's the replacement? There are only so many top echelon QB's out there. Same with coaches. It's awesome when you get a Saban or a Belichick but that doesnt happen very often. Harbaugh is a good coach. He's not Saban but who is?
Getting to the final four erases all past failures. This is a big accomplishment for Michigan. Of course some won’t be happy without a national championship but that’s not fair. Too many other good teams. If harbaugh made it to the final four every ten years, he’d be considered a success.

In those ten years Ohio, bama and Georgia all win national championships.

I heard Saban is now doing well with the new transfer rule. For a minute it hurt him but now he’s using it to his advantage. My dad says he’s not that great. Otherwise he would have won at MSU. Kids want to go to BAMA he says. Why is he wrong? I think he’s the goat but would he be if he went to Norte dame?

Getting to the final four erases all past failures. This is a big accomplishment for Michigan. Of course some won’t be happy without a national championship but that’s not fair. Too many other good teams. If harbaugh made it to the final four every ten years, he’d be considered a success.

I heard Saban is now doing well with the new transfer rule. For a minute it hurt him but now he’s using it to his advantage. My dad says he’s not that great. Otherwise he would have won at MSU. Kids want to go to BAMA he says. Why is he wrong? I think he’s the goat but would he be if he went to Norte dame?

I agree with most of this, except the part about Georgia winning a national championship every 10 years (or in a 10 year span).

The last time Georgia won a national championship was in 1980.

Sure it does. Which is why Harbaugh's job is now safe for the next 6-7 years whether he beats OSU 6 times or zero times in that span.

I agree with most of this, except the part about Georgia winning a national championship every 10 years (or in a 10 year span).

The last time Georgia won a national championship was in 1980.
Who are the other football teams that win national championships? LSU?

I can’t believe a Florida team isn’t consistently 8n the conversation. If I were a blue chip I’d want to play for miami of Florida.

Who are the other football teams that win national championships? LSU?

I can’t believe a Florida team isn’t consistently 8n the conversation. If I were a blue chip I’d want to play for miami of Florida.

I think this is an off year for Clemson. They will be back.

It’s not the top teams of the conference but still atypical

No, it is not the top teams, despite the names being well known.

But there are 8 more SEC teams in bowl games.

And half the playoff teams are from the SEC.

Last edited:
No, it is not the top teams, despite the names being well known.

But there are 8 more SEC teams in bowl games. Only Vandy didn't make it to a bowl.

And half the playoff teams are from the SEC.
Yep lots of football to be played. Only noted it because it’s outside the norm

Boomer Sooner. Bobby Stoops has OU playing with a chip on its shoulder. Taking it to the ducks.

I hate that TN lost on a controversial call. I like a clean, clear win. But those are rare these days.

I hate that TN lost on a controversial call. I like a clean, clear win. But those are rare these days.
I hear you. That call is a symptom of the rule changes to protect players imo. They don’t want guys getting held up and blasted so he’s gotta be called down there. Can’t have it both ways. If a Purdue defender unloads on the TN RB, TN would be calling for a flag and would likely get it.

As a neutral fan it was a fun, exciting game. Loved that TN went for it twice on 4th down in OT

Forum List

Back