🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Florida voters will be able to restore voting rights to over a million former felons in November

Florida voters will be able to restore voting rights to over a million former felons in November

A 2016 study found that if Floridians with felony convictions were allowed to register to vote, nearly 60,000 additional ballots would have been cast.

the Democrats have two hopes for election wins...murderers, rapists and thieves (felons)...and foreigners sneaking into the country to outvote Americans with amnesty.

There is nothing else I need to say to point out the moral degeneracy of this party.

View attachment 173855
Now prove that not a one will vote for a republican...

Voting is a fundamental right. One that should never be taken away. Let Felons vote while incarcerated in all 50 states, not just Maine and Vermont.

I disagree. Freedom of movement and not being in jail is a fundamental right as well. When you get convicted under due process and incarcerated, you lose those rights as well as others.

Think about letting a prison full of inmates vote in a local county or town election and you will understand the problem with letting them vote.

And yet, when incarcerated, you don't lose the fundamental right to marry. Voting should be like that.

Why is it a problem if they vote in local elections?

There is no fundamental right to marry. Govt sanctioned marriages are a privilege not a right

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Voting is a fundamental right. One that should never be taken away. Let Felons vote while incarcerated in all 50 states, not just Maine and Vermont.

I disagree. Freedom of movement and not being in jail is a fundamental right as well. When you get convicted under due process and incarcerated, you lose those rights as well as others.

Think about letting a prison full of inmates vote in a local county or town election and you will understand the problem with letting them vote.

And yet, when incarcerated, you don't lose the fundamental right to marry. Voting should be like that.

There is no fundamental right to marry. Govt sanctioned marriages are a privilege not a right

The U.S. Supreme Court disagrees with you.

14 Supreme Court Cases: Marriage is a Fundamental Right

That happens a lot. They also think killing a baby is a matter of privacy

Your hysterics aside, they think killing a baby which is not yet viable, a private matter. And marriage is indeed a fundamental right.

This one has particular significance.

Turner v. Safley - Wikipedia

My state allows prisoners to vote while in prison....

So.....does that bother you?

Your hysterics aside, they think killing a baby which is not yet viable, a private matter. And marriage is indeed a fundamental right.

There is no rule about viability.

This one has particular significance.

Turner v. Safley - Wikipedia

The interesting thing about the marriage cases is that they all deal with the Govt’s handling of which marriages they will sanction and which they will not.

There is nothing requiring that our government sanction marriages. I personally do not think the Govt should be in the marriage business.

Now, since the Govt has chosen to sanction marriages they have to do so in a fair and equitable manner. That part I agree with the courts on, if they are going to do it the have to be fair and equal.

Again...marxists attack common law, western culture and civil society. I dont want felons running the legal system i live under. And I dont want them electing democrats which equals the same thing.

Civil death - Wikipedia

n Western countries, felony disenfranchisement can be traced back to ancient Greek and Roman traditions: disenfranchisement was commonly imposed as part of the punishment on those convicted of "infamous" crimes, as part of their "civil death", whereby these persons would lose all rights and claim to property. Most medieval common law jurisdictions developed punishments that provided for some form of exclusion from the community for felons, ranging from execution on sight to exclusion from community processes.

And as a Society we are not Greeks, Romans or Medieval.... Did the crime, did the time, they are good enough to join society then their views should be also good enough too...

Actually just pointing out, many prisoners are allowed to vote in the first world and I think only in very rare cases is permanent voting rights removed.

I do not know how anyone that values freedom or personal rights can disagree with this...

The Voting Restoration Amendment, which the state is expected to certify soon, would automatically restore rights to citizens convicted of felonies who have completed their prison sentence, parole, and probation. Only those convicted of murder or felony sexual offenses would be excluded.

People that have served their time should be given all their rights back.
No, They have no credibility

In who's opinion?

If I think you have no credibility because you went bankrupt should you be allowed vote?

These people pay there debt to society and are deemed rehabilitated and allowed to join society? The ability to vote should be a minimum right given to them.

So you are saying and 18 year in Florida caught with an once of marijuana should not be allowed vote ever... By the way he could have 2 pounds of the stuff in Alabama and your OK (on 1st offence, 2nd offence is zero)...

I do not know how anyone that values freedom or personal rights can disagree with this...

The Voting Restoration Amendment, which the state is expected to certify soon, would automatically restore rights to citizens convicted of felonies who have completed their prison sentence, parole, and probation. Only those convicted of murder or felony sexual offenses would be excluded.

In who's opinion?

If I think you have no credibility because you went bankrupt should you be allowed vote?

These people pay there debt to society and are deemed rehabilitated and allowed to join society? The ability to vote should be a minimum right given to them.

So you are saying and 18 year in Florida caught with an once of marijuana should not be allowed vote ever... By the way he could have 2 pounds of the stuff in Alabama and your OK (on 1st offence, 2nd offence is zero)...
Felons should never be able to vote... ever

In who's opinion?

Damn communist!

In who's opinion?

Damn communist!

It really doesn’t matter, most of them don’t want to vote anyways and even if they wanted to do, most of them just would not.
No big deal

Killing a baby is murder...

Abortion is something different....

To be a baby you have to be born...

Killing a baby is murder...

Abortion is something different....

To be a baby you have to be born...
Only in your opinion, anyway abortion should be none of the federal governments business...

We should take right to vote or buy politician actions against corporations that commit crimes also. Of course, the head guys usually don't go to jail even when innocent lives are lost or huge bodies of water are polluted. Exxon Valdez and Deep Water horizon disasters for example. They get fined and then appeal the fines, and can usually write off the fines as a cost of doing business, so where's their punishment? Maybe not let them buy candidates for office?

Florida voters will be able to restore voting rights to over a million former felons in November'

More desperate attempts to steal elections....

Look for Liberals to demand a law stating votes cast by Felons will count as 2 Votes to make up for the years they were denied their vote in the past....

:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back