Food supply chain is breaking...

I don't think most of us 'city dwellers' will be flocking to the middle of the country to find meat. It doesn't make sense.

Of course not. No one wants beef or pork. Or deer. I think you're completely right and all city dwellers should flock up and down both coasts and stay out of middle-America.

And, if the city dwellers all flock to the coasts to buy fish from fishmongers, I'm sure they'll come with gold or silver or something with which to buy, right? And, of course, no one from an American city would simply take by force, city dwellers having such a good reputation as we all know. Consider that if city dwellers do flock to the coast because there's nothing to buy, their paper currency won't be of much value.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperinflation_in_Venezuela
Are you aware that California is the 4th largest beef producing state? And we have plenty of wild game. We won't be relying ONLY on fish. Nor will our neighboring states. East Coast will have to figure our their own shit.

I can't honestly imagine why anyone from the West Coast would flock to middle America. California is the largest food producing state in the country. If things are like you say, money will be worthless. We will trade. I can grow food in my backyard all year long. My tomato plant confused itself all winter and continued producing. We will not suffer for food.

Really, flyover country has nothing to worry about. But you will likely have to fend for yourselves. Blue states won't be propping up poor red states in your scenario.

The guy wrote nobody in his town had the virus. I called bullshit, he ran like a conservative retarded baby.

No doubt there are plenty of small towns and rural areas in the US with zero cases of Wuhan Virus. I saw a report a few days ago that 70% of Americans don't know anyone who has had the virus; I certainly don't.

The assumption should be that the claim is accurate; there's no reason to not accept it as so.
I never "ass-u-me" anything

I don't think most of us 'city dwellers' will be flocking to the middle of the country to find meat. It doesn't make sense.

Of course not. No one wants beef or pork. Or deer. I think you're completely right and all city dwellers should flock up and down both coasts and stay out of middle-America.

And, if the city dwellers all flock to the coasts to buy fish from fishmongers, I'm sure they'll come with gold or silver or something with which to buy, right? And, of course, no one from an American city would simply take by force, city dwellers having such a good reputation as we all know. Consider that if city dwellers do flock to the coast because there's nothing to buy, their paper currency won't be of much value.

"city dwellers"

Folks, we have a real life Nigerian IRA troll.

Why does bad news excite Communists and Democrats so much. It's like these assholes can't wait for America to fail.
Under Trump that's exactly what they are waiting for. Sorry they will be upset yet again, and especially so because they can't make this pandemic stick to Trump's name in some sort of detrimental way.
I have four MOC's that do just that.

I haven't seen fresh meat for over a month.
Don't believe you.

I'm sure you don't. The pattern I am seeing is that anything that doesn't fit your view has to be a lie. If you didn't hear it on CNN it can't be true.
When you write; "I went to "X" market and they had no meat. You won't because you lie.

I don't go to markets. I order online and get curbside loading into the bed of my truck. A couple times Walmart has had hamburger to order but no other meats - none. When my order was picked up, hamburger was not available even though it was on my order... Just because they accepted an order doesn't mean they will fulfill it. I've gotten no fresh meats for over a month. My wife tries every day to add meats to an online order for pickup. Not a single time in the past month has there been any fresh meat except hamburger available to order but they haven't been able to deliver on that in my orders.. I realize you didn't see it on CNN so it can't be true.

As for which is a moron? Well, consider that moron is a person with an IQ between 51 and 70, your simple answers, unsupported by any intelligent discussion or references, pretty much makes it more likely, between you and me, that it is not me who is a moron.

Are you aware that California is the 4th largest beef producing state? And we have plenty of wild game. We won't be relying ONLY on fish. Nor will our neighboring states. East Coast will have to figure our their own shit.

I can't honestly imagine why anyone from the West Coast would flock to middle America. California is the largest food producing state in the country. If things are like you say, money will be worthless. We will trade. I can grow food in my backyard all year long. My tomato plant confused itself all winter and continued producing. We will not suffer for food.

Really, flyover country has nothing to worry about. But you will likely have to fend for yourselves. Blue states won't be propping up poor red states in your scenario.

Really? California is self-sustaining? They don't need anything from me, here in Oklahoma? https://www.cagw.org/thewastewatcher/california%e2%80%99s-7-billion-bailout

Really? California is self-sustaining? They don't need anything from me, here in Oklahoma? https://www.cagw.org/thewastewatcher/california%e2%80%99s-7-billion-bailout
That article is over 10 years old. Now we have a multi-billion $$ budget surplus and a huge reserve fund. Things turned around once we got rid of Arnold Swarzenegger (R).

I see your problem with meat scarcity. I also use Walmart pick up. They frequently remove some things from my order that are available inside the store. I'm not sure why this happens. I know it does because, until recently, I had to go inside to pick up my Rx and I would find the items that were removed from my order just before pickup right there inside the store.

I don't buy meat at Walmart. I use local markets. They are fairly well-stocked and usually not crowded. It could be a temporary option for you if you have anything like that available.

This is bad news...Tyson food took out two full page ads explaining why their product will be scarce in the coming weeks...

--------------

"Tyson Foods executives said in a full-page ad published Sunday that the closure of food-processing plants due to the coronavirus is “breaking” the supply chain.

In a full-page ad published in the New York Times, the Washington Post and the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, board chairman John Tyson wrote that “the food supply chain is breaking," saying farmers will be left without anywhere to sell livestock and "millions of animals — chickens, pigs and cattle — will be depopulated because of the closure of our processing facilities."

"There will be limited supply of our products available in grocery stores until we are able to reopen our facilities that are currently closed," he added."

For whom? My food supply is secure for the foreseeable future...

Don't believe you.

I'm sure you don't. The pattern I am seeing is that anything that doesn't fit your view has to be a lie. If you didn't hear it on CNN it can't be true.
When you write; "I went to "X" market and they had no meat. You won't because you lie.

I don't go to markets. I order online and get curbside loading into the bed of my truck. A couple times Walmart has had hamburger to order but no other meats - none. When my order was picked up, hamburger was not available even though it was on my order... Just because they accepted an order doesn't mean they will fulfill it. I've gotten no fresh meats for over a month. My wife tries every day to add meats to an online order for pickup. Not a single time in the past month has there been any fresh meat except hamburger available to order but they haven't been able to deliver on that in my orders.. I realize you didn't see it on CNN so it can't be true.

As for which is a moron? Well, consider that moron is a person with an IQ between 51 and 70, your simple answers, unsupported by any intelligent discussion or references, pretty much makes it more likely, between you and me, that it is not me who is a moron.
Your bloviating makes you smarter? Don't you have other places to buy besides Walmart?

This would be a good time to have presidential leadership.

That's for sure! Thank goodness Trump is president, providing that leadership, and isn't taking Fauci at his word. Thank goodness people like de Blasio or Cuomo aren't president. And, most importantly of all, thank goodness Hillary Clinton isn't president.
You're a moron.....
Pot met Mr Kettle.
The skidmark crashed the economy.

Why build, when I know where one is sitting idle just rotting and 1 phone call obtains permission?

Oh, I could build one easy.

Get it yet? Chickens are great. I usually have over 30. Remember they need certain coop space and run space. Average chicken tractor will usually sustain about 3 hens. Great thing is you move it around and they have fresh greens and bugs, fertilize your lawn. Protected by vermin. I lose so many to foxes. One day 2 fox killed 15 chickens, take 2 and leave the rest.

Support your local market instead of the chinese giant and you'll find anything you want. I was in a wallys 2 months ago, bare. Went to my local market and they had everything they usually do. It's an IGA but small, 2000 pop city. Got 9 pounds 80/20 hamburg yesterday, $2.99 a pound. Boneless skinned chicken breast $1.89 a pound. Whole ribeye rolls, $5.99 a pound, ham, turkey anything and oh yeah all the paper stuff. In and out faster than waiting in line for a pickup of empty bags.

"welcome walmart shoppers, once you find a parking spot you can wait out side till the people counters let you in. Grab a germ infested cart and come on in. Only essentials remember, follow the green arrows, watch for the red ones. Our special of the day is empty plastic bags because we don't have anything on the shelves. No TP, no paper towels, no tissues, no napkins, no meats at all, no milk, no bread and no eggs. Please come again"

Support your local market instead of the chinese giant and you'll find anything you want. I was in a wallys 2 months ago, bare. Went to my local market and they had everything they usually do. It's an IGA but small, 2000 pop city. Got 9 pounds 80/20 hamburg yesterday, $2.99 a pound. Boneless skinned chicken breast $1.89 a pound. Whole ribeye rolls, $5.99 a pound, ham, turkey anything and oh yeah all the paper stuff. In and out faster than waiting in line for a pickup of empty bags.

"welcome walmart shoppers, once you find a parking spot you can wait out side till the people counters let you in. Grab a germ infested cart and come on in. Only essentials remember, follow the green arrows, watch for the red ones. Our special of the day is empty plastic bags because we don't have anything on the shelves. No TP, no paper towels, no tissues, no napkins, no meats at all, no milk, no bread and no eggs. Please come again"

I tried bypassing Walmart for 2 months... and found out why Walmart is so successful. Local businesses complain about Walmart putting them out of business but Walmart didn't do it; they did it to themselves.

I bought a pair of jeans at a locally owned clothing store.. They didn't fit and I took them back. They refused to exchange or refund the money. I pointed out they were still in new condition. The owner told me to "get the fuck out of here and don't come back."

I went to the locally owned, regional grocer. When you walk past their customer service manager, who is always on the floor near the registers, she doesn't make eye contact; she turns her head to make sure she never makes eye contact. If you approach she turns and walks away. As expected, her attitude and example is reflected by the rest of the staff... Service is just awful.

Same store, different trip, I was looking at ham steaks. There was one on the shelf that was a factory package, that had been opened, and the factory package put into a new package, and resealed... so you could still see the original packaging, still see the opened end, and this ham steak sealed in the outer package.. and the ham steak was all slimy and yellow.. and they put it on the shelf.....

The very best customer service I get in two towns in which I live is at Walmart. The freshest I get because they have good turnover, is Walmart.

I tried bypassing Walmart for 2 months... and found out why Walmart is so successful. Local businesses complain about Walmart putting them out of business but Walmart didn't do it; they did it to themselves.

I bought a pair of jeans at a locally owned clothing store.. They didn't fit and I took them back. They refused to exchange or refund the money. I pointed out they were still in new condition. The owner told me to "get the fuck out of here and don't come back."

I went to the locally owned, regional grocer. When you walk past their customer service manager, who is always on the floor near the registers, she doesn't make eye contact; she turns her head to make sure she never makes eye contact. If you approach she turns and walks away. As expected, her attitude and example is reflected by the rest of the staff... Service is just awful.

Same store, different trip, I was looking at ham steaks. There was one on the shelf that was a factory package, that had been opened, and the factory package put into a new package, and resealed... so you could still see the original packaging, still see the opened end, and this ham steak sealed in the outer package.. and the ham steak was all slimy and yellow.. and they put it on the shelf.....

The very best customer service I get in two towns in which I live is at Walmart. The freshest I get because they have good turnover, is Walmart.

Got to be the area. People here are different. No one will ever say anything bad about anyone. Returns never questioned, been here 11 years, awesome people and area.

If it is the freshest you get at walmart how come no fresh meat in a month? Ours is empty, no kidding, not even sugar or flour just people looking for something isn't there.

Try another local market, they aren't all the same. I can't see drive up, someone picking my fruit and produce for me and no meat.

Forum List

Back