Former Sec Def Gates Dings Obama...

GWV5903

Gold Member
Aug 5, 2009
Austin, Texas
I have been waiting to hear his views, wise man who is very well spoken...

“I think he has been wrong on nearly every major foreign policy and national security issue over the past four decades,” Gates wrote of Biden, whom he also described as a “man of integrity.”

"Hillary told the president that her opposition to the [2007] surge in Iraq had been political because she was facing him in the Iowa primary. . . . The president conceded vaguely that opposition to the Iraq surge had been political. To hear the two of them making these admissions, and in front of me, was as surprising as it was dismaying," Gates writes, according to the Post.

They threw Bush under the bus all the while they supported Iraq, classic Democrat lie their asses off to get into office...

How convenient...

Gates dings Obama's leadership, Biden's foreign policy chops - NBC Politics

I have been waiting to hear his views, wise man who is very well spoken...

“I think he has been wrong on nearly every major foreign policy and national security issue over the past four decades,” Gates wrote of Biden, whom he also described as a “man of integrity.”

"Hillary told the president that her opposition to the [2007] surge in Iraq had been political because she was facing him in the Iowa primary. . . . The president conceded vaguely that opposition to the Iraq surge had been political. To hear the two of them making these admissions, and in front of me, was as surprising as it was dismaying," Gates writes, according to the Post.

They threw Bush under the bus all the while they supported Iraq, classic Democrat lie their asses off to get into office...

How convenient...

Gates dings Obama's leadership, Biden's foreign policy chops - NBC Politics

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdfDRLoS1OA]Gates Dings Obama's Leadership, Biden's Foreign Policy Chops - YouTube[/ame]

Everything is political with this guy. Obama was never fit to be president of anything, let alone Commander and Cheif. How pathetic we look around the world with the guy "leading" the country

Last edited:
Warmongers don't like it when you tell them they can't make war anymore. Maybe if Bush had asked more questions his Presidency wouldn't have been such a disaster. But The Bush Administration/GOP motto is "Ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies".

Kinda reminds one of the scene in Apocalypse Now where the soldier asks "Who's in charge?"...
:eusa_eh:
Al-Qaida's resurgence testing Obama's war policies
January 8, 2014 ~ President Barack Obama is confronted with a recent burst of strength by al-Qaida that is chipping away at the remains of Mideast stability, testing his hands-off approach to conflicts in Iraq and Syria at the same time he pushes to keep thousands of U.S. forces in Afghanistan.
Al-Qaida-backed fighters have fought hard against other rebel groups in Syria, in a sideshow to the battle to unseat President Bashar Assad. Across the border in Iraq, they led a surprisingly strong campaign to take two of the cities that U.S. forces suffered heavy losses to protect. This invigorated front highlights the tension between two of Obama's top foreign policy tenets: to end American involvement in Mideast wars and to eradicate insurgent extremists — specifically al-Qaida. It also raises questions about the future U.S. role in the region if militants overtake American gains made during more than a decade of war. In Afghanistan, Obama already has decided to continue the fight against extremists, as long as Afghan President Hamid Karzai signs off on a joint security agreement. Obama seeks to leave as many as 10,000 troops there beyond December, extending what already has become the longest U.S. war. But officials say he would be willing to withdraw completely at the end of this year if the security agreement cannot be finalized.

That would mirror the U.S. exit from Iraq, the other unpopular war Obama inherited. A spike in sectarian violence followed the U.S. withdrawal at the end of 2011, and now followed by the recent, alarming takeover of Ramadi and Fallujah by an al-Qaida affiliate known as the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant. Marina Ottaway, a senior scholar at the Woodrow Wilson Center in Washington, said the extremists taking hold in Iraq are a spillover from the conflict in neighboring Syria and have been bolstered by Obama's reluctance to arm the more moderate rebels fighting Assad. "There is no doubt that the U.S. policy helped create a vacuum in which the only effective forces were the radical forces," Ottaway said Tuesday.

Syria's bloody civil war had not yet begun when the U.S. was making plans to withdraw from Iraq. But White House officials contend that keeping American troops in Iraq would have done little to stop the current violence. "There was sectarian conflict, violent sectarian conflict, in Iraq when there were 150,000 U.S. troops on the ground there," White House spokesman Jay Carney said. "So the idea that this would not be happening if there were 10,000 troops in Iraq I think bears scrutiny."

Still, Army Chief of Staff Gen. Ray Odierno, a former top commander of U.S. forces in Iraq, said al-Qaida and other insurgents are seeking to take advantage of sectarian tensions across much of the Mideast. "This is not just about Iraq," Odierno told reporters Tuesday. "It's something that we have to be cognizant of as we look across the Middle East: What's going on in Syria, what's going on in Lebanon, what's going on inside of Iraq."

Iraq now seeks more U.S. weapons, aircraft and intelligence assistance to help battle al-Qaida. Iraqi Ambassador Lukman Faily said in an interview that while Baghdad does not want U.S. troops to return, perhaps Kabul should not reject plans for Americans to stay in Afghanistan. "The abruptness of the U.S. forces departing from Iraq, versus our own requirement to have sovereignty at any cost, was not something beneficial for all parties," said Faily, Baghdad's top envoy to the U.S. "And what we see now is the aftermath of that. ....There was no clear day-after scenario." "There is an urgent need for U.S. support," Faily said. "We see this as an issue of U.S. security being in jeopardy as well."

MORE
http://www.stripes.com/news/middle-east/al-qaida-s-resurgence-testing-obama-s-war-policies-1.260963

Obama has a deep seeded distrust and a lack of confidence in the military and their mission Gates says.

I think Obama distrusts our military, not everyone else's. He seems to trust the enemy's more.

That's because Obama is simply a disgusting POTUS and should be legally removed from office

-Geaux

I'm surprised I don't hear more whining from the Wingnuts on this.

Okay, reality time. If anything, Obama has been more supportive of continuing missions in Iraq and Afghanistan than the American people are.

Put it to a national vote, we'd pull out tomorrow.

Where I criticize Obama is that he tried to look hawkish during the campaign of 2008 by calling Afghanistan the "War of Necessity". It really wasn't. He went along with the Surge AFTER Karzai stole the election in 2009, effectively destroying the argument that we were "supporting democracy".

Okay, reality time. If anything, Obama has been more supportive of continuing missions in Iraq and Afghanistan than the American people are.

Where I criticize Obama is that he tried to look hawkish during the campaign of 2008 by calling Afghanistan the "War of Necessity". It really wasn't. He went along with the Surge AFTER Karzai stole the election in 2009, effectively destroying the argument that we were "supporting democracy".

The only thing Obama supports is his daily golf game. He doesn't believe in the military or anything they do.

Obama has a deep seeded distrust and a lack of confidence in the military and their mission Gates says.

I think Obama distrusts our military, not everyone else's. He seems to trust the enemy's more.

Where did you get that? I saw his quote about Gates believing Obama didn't trust General Petraeus decision but his only reason he gave for that thinking is Obama asked questions. Bush gave Gates a blank check to murder,plunder and pillage Iraq.

Where did you get that? I saw his quote about Gates believing Obama didn't trust General Petraeus decision but his only reason he gave for that thinking is Obama asked questions. Bush gave Gates a blank check to murder,plunder and pillage Iraq.

Big problem. A stupid non-vet questioning military strategy

Think I will stop by the hospital on the way to work and see if those Neurosurgeons know wtf they're doing

-Geaux

The only thing Obama supports is his daily golf game. He doesn't believe in the military or anything they do.

again, main reason why Obama was elected was because the American people were sick of the wars Bush lied us into.

Can't blame the man for doing (somewhat tepidly) what the people elected him to do.

Big problem. A stupid non-vet questioning military strategy

Think I will stop by the hospital on the way to work and see if those Neurosurgeons know wtf they're doing

-Geaux

Guy, I'm a vet, and I think there is a lot that was questionable about the Iraq surge.

We essentially bribed the militants to play nice until we left. Now we are gone, and they are back at each other's throats again.

again, main reason why Obama was elected was because the American people were sick of the wars Bush lied us into.

Can't blame the man for doing (somewhat tepidly) what the people elected him to do.

He was elected because he is black when it counts, and white most other times.

Not to mention, the votes which were paid for with entitlements

-Geaux

Come on people, you gotta admit, don't you find it hilarious that Republicans did nothing while Christians in Iraq were being murdered, even crucified and chased from their country while Republicans were helping the Iraqi's make Iraq into the theocratic Muslim state? Isn't that funny that they could chastise someone else after 8 years of terrible disaster and debacle?

The "new" Iraqi Constitution:

Article 2:

First: Islam is the official religion of the State and it is a fundamental source of legislation:

A. No law that contradicts the established provisions of Islam may be established.

That was from 2005. Republicans did that. Not Obama. Republicans.

the top Terror expert for this country left the Bush admin and had some VERY interesting things to say.

You people called him a disgruntled employee and treated him like TRASH.

you people have no morals and you blow in the wind

Richard A. Clarke - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Richard A. Clarke

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Richard A. Clarke

Richard clarke.jpg

Clarke in October 2007

Born
Richard Alan Clarke
October 27, 1950 (age 63)
Dorchester, Massachusetts, U.S.

Nationality
American

Citizenship
United States

Education
Master's Degree from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology

Alma mater
University of Pennsylvania

Occupation
Counter-terrorism expert/analyst
Author

Notable work(s)

Against All Enemies

The Scorpion's Gate, Breakpoint

Political party
Republican

Website

http://www.richardaclarke.net/[dead link]

Richard Alan Clarke[1] (born October 27, 1950) is the former National Coordinator for Security, Infrastructure Protection, and Counter-terrorism for the United States.

Clarke worked for the State Department during the presidency of Ronald Reagan.[2] In 1992, President George H.W. Bush appointed him to chair the Counter-terrorism Security Group and to a seat on the United States National Security Council. President Bill Clinton retained Clarke and in 1998 promoted him to be the National Coordinator for Security, Infrastructure Protection, and Counter-terrorism, the chief counter-terrorism adviser on the National Security Council. Under President George W. Bush, Clarke initially continued in the same position, but the position was no longer given cabinet-level access. He later became the Special Advisor to the President on cybersecurity. Clarke left the Bush administration in 2003.

Clarke came to widespread public attention for his role as counter-terrorism czar in the Clinton and Bush administrations in March 2004, when he appeared on the 60 Minutes television news magazine, released his memoir about his service in government, Against All Enemies, and testified before the 9/11 Commission. In all three instances, Clarke was sharply critical of the Bush administration's attitude toward counter-terrorism before the 9/11 terrorist attacks, and of the decision to go to war with Iraq. Following Clarke's strong criticisms of the Bush administration, Bush administration officials and other Republicans attempted to discredit him or rebut his criticisms, making Clarke a controversial figure.

Forum List

Back