Freed Terrorist Killed American Citizen, US 'Concerned'

Lipush

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2012
Where the wild things are
Israel’s decision to release terrorist prisoners as a “gesture” to the Palestinian Authority led some Israeli MKs to criticized the United States for allegedly pushing the release. MK Ayelet Shaked (Bayit Yehudi) even wrote a strongly critical letter to Secretary of State John Kerry in which she accused him of “forcing Israel to capitulate to terrorism.”

However, it appears that U.S. actually opposed the prisoner release in at least one case.

According to The Daily Beast, the U.S. State Department expressed concern over the release of Al-Haaj Othman Amar Mustafa – but Israel decided to free him anyway.

Mustafa murdered Frederick Steven Rosenfeld, who was a U.S. citizen and a former U.S. Marine.

He and other attackers ambushed Rosenfeld, attacking him from behind after pretending to befriend him as he walked near his home in the town of Ariel, in Samaria (Shomron), in 1989. The three stabbed Rosenfeld and left him to die.

A State Department spokesperson told The Daily Beast, “The State Department conveyed the administration’s concerns regarding the release of this prisoner to the government of Israel, while recognizing the victim was a dual national of Israel and the United States.”

Freed Terrorist Killed American, US ?Concerned? - Middle East - News - Israel National News

So now they do care, eh?!
t9414.gif

Like I pointed out on the other thread just now, it is ok for the US to encourage release of murders of Israelis but not US citizens. This whole prisoner release debacle stinks to high heaven, and why Israel did this as a pre-condition for talks simply taking place, is beyond my comprehension.

Israel’s decision to release terrorist prisoners as a “gesture” to the Palestinian Authority led some Israeli MKs to criticized the United States for allegedly pushing the release. MK Ayelet Shaked (Bayit Yehudi) even wrote a strongly critical letter to Secretary of State John Kerry in which she accused him of “forcing Israel to capitulate to terrorism.”

However, it appears that U.S. actually opposed the prisoner release in at least one case.

According to The Daily Beast, the U.S. State Department expressed concern over the release of Al-Haaj Othman Amar Mustafa – but Israel decided to free him anyway.

Mustafa murdered Frederick Steven Rosenfeld, who was a U.S. citizen and a former U.S. Marine.

He and other attackers ambushed Rosenfeld, attacking him from behind after pretending to befriend him as he walked near his home in the town of Ariel, in Samaria (Shomron), in 1989. The three stabbed Rosenfeld and left him to die.

A State Department spokesperson told The Daily Beast, “The State Department conveyed the administration’s concerns regarding the release of this prisoner to the government of Israel, while recognizing the victim was a dual national of Israel and the United States.”

Freed Terrorist Killed American, US ?Concerned? - Middle East - News - Israel National News

t9414.gif

lol...well, it sounded like a shrug of the shoulders and a "we better say something, anything, or we'll have AIPAC breathing down our neck."

the guy was a dualie loyal to israel and probably couldn't make it in the United States anyway, so typical of american settlers.

good riddance.

don't get so upset about it.

Sweet_Caroline, et al,

Secretary of State John Kerry is not the sharpest pencil in the box.

Like I pointed out on the other thread just now, it is ok for the US to encourage release of murders of Israelis but not US citizens. This whole prisoner release debacle stinks to high heaven, and why Israel did this as a pre-condition for talks simply taking place, is beyond my comprehension.
(COMMENT)

Consequences. Forced conditions always have consequences.

Most Respectfully,
R

Sweet_Caroline, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

of course he isn't. i mean just look at his resume. he is and always has been a ne'er do well, right?

look, just because you disagree with a person doesn't mean he lacks qualities. you make yourself look silly when you say such stupid and unthinking things.

t9414.gif

lol...well, it sounded like a shrug of the shoulders and a "we better say something, anything, or we'll have AIPAC breathing down our neck."

the guy was a dualie loyal to israel and probably couldn't make it in the United States anyway, so typical of american settlers.

good riddance.

your government make you sound like complete morons and crooks at some cases.

t9414.gif

good riddance.

well, we can't seem to detatch you all from our teet.

sixty five years and the suckling israel still is doing what sucklings do best...sucking to the max.

we own you clowns. don't you forget it.

good riddance.

sixty five years and the suckling israel still is doing what sucklings do best...sucking to the max.

Just remember, that is temporary.

sealadaigh, et al,

Think what you may.

Sweet_Caroline,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

of course he isn't. i mean just look at his resume. he is and always has been a ne'er do well, right?

look, just because you disagree with a person doesn't mean he lacks qualities. you make yourself look silly when you say such stupid and unthinking things.
(COMMENT)

When the Department of State (DOS) promotes the idea of a dangerous prisoner release project as a gesture of good will, aimed at getting Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas to return to the negotiating table, then it cannot very well say: OK Israel, you can release terrorist and murderers, but no one that killed Americans.

For DOS to turn around and expressed concern over the release of Mustafa and insist that only dangers to Israel be released --- is a clear and present indication that, had the shoe been on the other foot, the US would not have made such an agreement.

The sharpest pencil in the box would not have encourage Israel to make such an agreement, then turn around and state --- except for prisoners that the US has concerns.

Most Respectfully,
R

Last edited:
sealadaigh, et al,

Think what you may.

Sweet_Caroline,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

(COMMENT)

When the Department of State (DOS) promotes the idea of a dangerous prisoner release project as a gesture of good will, aimed at getting Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas to return to the negotiating table, then it cannot very well say: OK Israel, you can release terrorist and murderers, but no one that killed Americans.

For DOS to turn around and expressed concern over the release of Mustafa and insist that only dangers to Israel be released --- is a clear and present indication that, had the shoe been on the other foot, the US would not have made such an agreement.

The sharpest pencil in the box would not have encourage Israel to make such an agreement, then turn around and state --- except for prisoners that the US has concerns.

Most Respectfully,
R

Have you ever talked to the DOS? I have. It seem like a good place to work if you are too stupid to get a real job.

good riddance.

Amazing how many people begrudge anything the U.S. gives to Israel even though these people aren't paying any taxes themselves in their retirement years, and yet they have nothing to say to all the money we give to other countries even though the people in these countries hate us. Seal, since you originally come from the East Coast, you probably are aware of the Woodlawn section of the Bronx which is mainly Irish. Can you tell us why there are many Irish immigrants frequenting the bars there who even tell the Irish Americans to get out because the bars in that location are their places now? Can't they even share with Irish American citizens? Why are they leaving Ireland in the first place? Couldn't they make it there? No doubt they are dual citizens if they aren't illegals from Ireland.

Sweet_Caroline, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R
Rocco...care to connect these dots?

"William Richard 'Rich' Higgins (January 15, 1945 – July 6, 1990) was a Colonel of the United States Marine Corps who was captured in 1988 while serving on a United Nations (UN) peacekeeping mission in Lebanon. He was held hostage, tortured[1] and eventually murdered by his captors."

William R. Higgins - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

georgephillip,

I have no idea --->

Sweet_Caroline, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

"William Richard 'Rich' Higgins (January 15, 1945 – July 6, 1990) was a Colonel of the United States Marine Corps who was captured in 1988 while serving on a United Nations (UN) peacekeeping mission in Lebanon. He was held hostage, tortured[1] and eventually murdered by his captors."

(COMMENT)

COL Higgins, USMC, was captured by Hezbollah terrorist extremists, tortured and killed. What dots?

Most Respectfully,
R

??? - All I can think of is that Hezbullah and HAMAS are terrorist organizations, and they've murdered people right from the get-go.....

That, and the terrorist obviously have no regard for the UN or respect for its personnel. Which suggests that releasing their members to placate anyone is a really really bad idea. But then I'm not a commie ideologue who hopes the world will go up in flames just so the commies might have another chance to seize power somewhere......

Last edited:
georgephillip,

I have no idea --->

Sweet_Caroline, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

(COMMENT)

COL Higgins, USMC, was captured by Hezbollah terrorist extremists, tortured and killed. What dots?

Most Respectfully,
R
"Forced conditions always have consequences"
The Jewish state was a condition forced upon a majority of Palestinians in 1948.
The consequences of Hezbollah or Hamas stem directly from that act of terrorism.

P F Tinmore, et al,

I have to chuckle at this.

Have you ever talked to the DOS? I have. It seem like a good place to work if you are too stupid to get a real job.
(COMMENT)

Have I ever talked to the DOS? Chuckle! I bow to your superior experience.

Most Respectfully,
R

Indeed, then you should know better that I.

I knew you were a "government" person. You talk like one.

P F Tinmore, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

From your link:

Special Security Representative (US Embassy, Baghdad/Afghanistan – Diplomatic)

So, what are the real reasons why we invaded Iraq?

P F Tinmore, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

From your link:

Special Security Representative (US Embassy, Baghdad/Afghanistan – Diplomatic)

So, what are the real reasons why we invaded Iraq?
'Fess up, Rocco...It will go easier for you at the Truth and Reconciliation hearings.
(not so much for Dick the Draft Dodger)

Forum List

Back