Freedom of Religious Opinion? Not If You're Phil Robertson

A&E has an absolute right to lose hundreds of millions of dollars on principle. They have a right to lose sponsors and the whole network to make GLAAD happy.

Makes one wonder about the OP's supposed newly found libertarianist streak...

If the DD dude was "just voicing his opining", certainly those who favor the other side of the argument were "just voicing their opinion" as well.

One would think that there would be no favortism from a libertarian for either side since they are both just exercising their rights.

If anything, don't be mad at those opposed to the DD dude, be mad at A&E for siding with those opposed.

Makes me think that the "libertarian" agrees with the anti-homsexual views. So much for all of that "personal liberty" shit he was preaching yesterday.

what a dumb thing to say.

don't you have a favorite sports team?

plus agreeing that homosexual sex IS a mortal sin has absolutely nothing to do with being libertarian. It is connected to religious views.

I think so as well.

The issue has nothing to do with ‘religious views.’

It has to do with the ignorance and hate expressed by the cast member concerning homosexuals and African-Americans – and he was admonished by private society accordingly and appropriately, manifesting no ‘violation’ of freedom of speech or religion.

which is being admonished by millions of private citizens across the country accordingly and appropriately, manifesting no violation of freedom of speech and a freedom where their buck goes to.

what's your problem?

They're all sins, that's what the bible says.

Too bad for the extremist homo bloc. America agrees.

Bible equates homosexuality with bestiality? I know you do

Where in the Bible does it say Jim Crow was no big deal?

That was all he said.

Afraid it is not

If he had kept his objections purely religious, there would be no story. Instead he had to get his bestiality comparison in and his distasteful anal sex analysis. There is also his tirade of a sermon in Pennsylvania that was released today. It is obvious the man hates gays

What were his religious reasons for endorsing Jim Crow?

Plus he implied black people aren't happy and are lazy now .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He doesn't have to imply something everyone knows is true.

A&E has an absolute right to lose hundreds of millions of dollars on principle. They have a right to lose sponsors and the whole network to make GLAAD happy.

Again, A&E is a corporation. Corporations have no principles other than the bottom line.

It has happened many times when stars self destruct

Best to just cut your losses

That was all he said.

There is also his tirade of a sermon in Pennsylvania that was released today. It is obvious the man hates gays
That video of his sermon has been out on You Tube since 2010 (going on 4 years) when the highly popular show was on the air and not one complaint by gays and liberals were made about it...............until now. Why is that? The media dirtbags are looking for anything to justify the censorship. Now if he was Black and a Reverend called Wright, the media would tell us that is just the way people from his era are like.

Last edited:
I can't help but applaud A&E for placing Profit over Convictions up until now.

Cheers A&E, and here i thought you were whores to the highest bidder what with the bigot you now suspended having been spouting his bigoted remarks for years now.

Cheers A&E, and here i thought you were whores to the highest bidder what with the bigot you now suspended having been spouting his bigoted remarks for years now.

A&E showed itself to be whores when it decided to run incoherent crap like this stupid show in the first place. Along with the rest of its mindless fare.

Yea and A&E are running continuous marathons of the show since he has been suspended.

That was all he said.

There is also his tirade of a sermon in Pennsylvania that was released today. It is obvious the man hates gays
That video of his sermon has been out on You Tube since 2010 (going on 4 years) when the highly popular show was on the air and not one complaint by gays and liberals were made about it...............until now. Why is that? The media dirtbags are looking for anything to justify the censorship. Now if he was Black and a Reverend called Wright, the media would tell us that is just the way people from his era are like.

None of which mitigates the hate and ignorance expressed, or the response to such hate and ignorance by private society.

And the response by the network concerning the hateful, ignorant statements by the cast member in no way constitutes ‘censorship,’ as private entities lack the authority to ‘censor’ as would a lawmaking body.

That was all he said.

Afraid it is not

If he had kept his objections purely religious, there would be no story. Instead he had to get his bestiality comparison in and his distasteful anal sex analysis. There is also his tirade of a sermon in Pennsylvania that was released today. It is obvious the man hates gays

What were his religious reasons for endorsing Jim Crow?

So now others are not allowed to have opinions because you don't like them or disagree with them?

what a dumb thing to say.

don't you have a favorite sports team?

plus agreeing that homosexual sex IS a mortal sin has absolutely nothing to do with being libertarian. It is connected to religious views.

I think so as well.

Sports has nothing to do with sports.

A religious view? Explain...why would homosexuality have anything to do with religion?

you were talking about favoritism. and being surprised that people cheer for "their team" and not cheer for the opposite.
It is natural. Favoritism, that is.
That is why I pointed out about sports team - because sports team support is in the same emotional court.

Phil Robertson voiced his opinion based on his religious views and as I understand based the answers on them ( I have to admit I have never heard about the guy before and I have not read the interview in question). Christianity is based on a very precise set of rules and extramarital sex is considered sin by those rules. Since by the Christian belief a marriage is valid only between one man and one woman, the homosexual sex is a mortal sin, because it is 1) adulterous 2) unnatural.
Being homosexual ( or transvestite, or asexual) per se is not a sin. Engaging in the extramarital sex is.
Since we are discussing here the freedom of expressing one's religious beliefs or lack thereof, which started because the above named Phil expressed his views on homosexuality based on them - therefore the connection is discussed.

Based on what...the Bible?

It has happened many times when stars self destruct

Best to just cut your losses

Robertson isn't self destructing. GLAAD might be A&E is certainly sweating but not Robertson nor the family. They simply cannot be hurt by GLAAD. If gays wanted to attack someone, they should have chosen someone who cares what they think.

None of which mitigates the hate and ignorance expressed, or the response to such hate and ignorance by private society.

And the response by the network concerning the hateful, ignorant statements by the cast member in no way constitutes ‘censorship,’ as private entities lack the authority to ‘censor’ as would a lawmaking body.

The response from private society has been total support, much of it from gays.

This was a big gay mistake.

Forum List

Back