Freedom of Religious Opinion? Not If You're Phil Robertson

For liberals whining about Phil Robertson's comments:

Breaking News, this just in:

1452515_3690260872474_1519761999_n.jpg

Parts of the bible say you should be put to death for wearing clothing made of two different fabrics or something like that. I love "christians" who only take the part of the Bible to heart that fits in with Republican superstition.

If you believe the Bible, you believe the bible; not only the parts you find socially convenient...right?

Yea, they have no problem running Newt the adulterer for their partie nomination.

And of course since you'd never engage in hypocrisy, you condemn tax cheats Slick, Slick's wench, Rangle, Daschle, Jefferson as well as tax evaders Buffett, Gates, Obama and the rest of Democrats who aren't able to do what they preach, right?

So are you calling this guy from Duck Dynaasty a hypocrite for not doing everything the Bible tells him? Or are you merely justifying his hypocricy and that of all other Christians?

How's GLAAD doing on that research to contact all those companies that have Phil Robertson as a spokesman?

Have they been reduced to begging for an apology yet? They won't get one.

And here we go. Douglas County Sheriff Kicks A&E out of his county for suspending Robertson.

Apparently they film a series there.

In wake of 'Duck Dynasty' star suspension, Sheriff Miller tells A&E they are not welcome
In wake of 'Duck Dynasty' star suspension, Sheriff Miller tells A&E they are not welcome - Douglas County Sentinel: Local News

The suspension of “Duck Dynasty” star Phil Robertson by the A&E Network after making controversial remarks in GQ magazine regarding homosexuality has been called a business decision. But now Douglas County Sheriff Phil Miller is making a business decision of his own.

Miller announced on his personal Facebook page Friday night that A&E would no longer be welcomed to film or produce any of its programs or series with the help of the Douglas County Sheriff's Office or its facilities.

"A&E has suspended Phil Robertson for talking about his conservative Christian beliefs," Miller wrote." None of us are without sin and I am not judging anyone. I am sure A&E made what they believe is a good business decision. Many people who disagree with A&E might choose to remain silent and there was a time when I might have done the same, but no longer. In my mind the punishment is unreasonable.

"I know it will not matter to A&E, but it will make me feel better. A&E has produced more than a half dozen programs with the assistance of the Douglas County Sheriff's Office. They will not do any more with my assistance while I am sheriff. It is time for someone other than Hollywood and the news media to stand up for what is right!"

Miller said that was the netwok's prerogative, but he said he had to do what he thought was right to show how he feels.

"I guess I need to learn to keep my mouth shut too," Miller said in a phone interview Friday night. "But they are punishing a man for being honest and answering a question that he was asked. When he answered and gave his understanding, pulling from his Christian beliefs, this happens. It's not right and I had to say something about it.

"I don't hate anybody and you can ask anyone who knows me and they will tell you the same thing. But where we are in this country now, where you are punished for simply saying what your understanding of your Christian beliefs are is just too much for me."

Over the years A&E has filmed several shows centered here including most recently "Beyond Scared Straight," which featured the M.A.C.E. program sponsored by the DCSO.

Last edited:
And here we go. Douglas County Sheriff Kicks A&E out of his county for suspending Robertson.

In wake of 'Duck Dynasty' star suspension, Sheriff Miller tells A&E they are not welcome
In wake of 'Duck Dynasty' star suspension, Sheriff Miller tells A&E they are not welcome - Douglas County Sentinel: Local News

The suspension of “Duck Dynasty” star Phil Robertson by the A&E Network after making controversial remarks in GQ magazine regarding homosexuality has been called a business decision. But now Douglas County Sheriff Phil Miller is making a business decision of his own.

Miller announced on his personal Facebook page Friday night that A&E would no longer be welcomed to film or produce any of its programs or series with the help of the Douglas County Sheriff's Office or its facilities.

"A&E has suspended Phil Robertson for talking about his conservative Christian beliefs," Miller wrote." None of us are without sin and I am not judging anyone. I am sure A&E made what they believe is a good business decision. Many people who disagree with A&E might choose to remain silent and there was a time when I might have done the same, but no longer. In my mind the punishment is unreasonable.

"I know it will not matter to A&E, but it will make me feel better. A&E has produced more than a half dozen programs with the assistance of the Douglas County Sheriff's Office. They will not do any more with my assistance while I am sheriff. It is time for someone other than Hollywood and the news media to stand up for what is right!"

Miller said that was the netwok's prerogative, but he said he had to do what he thought was right to show how he feels.

"I guess I need to learn to keep my mouth shut too," Miller said in a phone interview Friday night. "But they are punishing a man for being honest and answering a question that he was asked. When he answered and gave his understanding, pulling from his Christian beliefs, this happens. It's not right and I had to say something about it.

"I don't hate anybody and you can ask anyone who knows me and they will tell you the same thing. But where we are in this country now, where you are punished for simply saying what your understanding of your Christian beliefs are is just too much for me."

Over the years A&E has filmed several shows centered here including most recently "Beyond Scared Straight," which featured the M.A.C.E. program sponsored by the DCSO.

"County"? I thought these guys were from Louisiana? Louisiana doesn't have 'counties'.

In any case I doubt a sheriff is the guy who makes the call about business... but maybe he should have read some of these threads and got him a edumacation about contracts and morality clauses. :lol: He seems to have made the same error the OP here did.

Last edited:

"County"? I thought these guys were from Louisiana? Louisiana doesn't have 'counties'.

In any case I doubt a sheriff is the guy who makes the call about business... but maybe he should have read some of these threads and got him a edumacation about contracts and morality clauses. :lol: He seems to have made the same error the OP here did.
Right, we have parishes here in Louisiana but this Sheriff is from Douglas County in Georgia where A&E films a program. Glad to see the sheriff take action.

Last edited:

Right, we have parishes here in Louisiana but this Sheriff is from Douglas County in Georgia where A&E films a program. Glad to see the sheriff take action.

Why? Isn't the sheriff engaging in exactly the same thing GLAAD was?

Are employment contracts not binding on the parties that sign them?

Oh wait -- Louisiana. What am I saying. :thup:

Last edited:
In the article about GLAAD being surprised at the backlash they got, their representative said that they believe the next step is for Phil to sit down with gays and their families and listen to them.

Are they serious? Do they think they have another Paula Deen on their hands? They will kick and scream and still won't make him do anything. The man turned down sitting with Barbra Walters, he refused an invitation to the white house correspondent's dinner. Does GLAAD really think he can be pressured to meeting with gays so he can listen to them?

They better keep looking for all those companies that have him as a spokesman.

The ordinary rules don't apply here.

It's a free country....you can say anything you wish

That does not mean there are no consequences for what you say

That's the standard defense of Political Correctness. It sounds fairly benign and certainly reasonable. But here's the problem:

If you say something that "offends" me, whatever that's supposed to mean, it means that you and I probably disagree on something and I may dispute what you said. On other hand, I may not. And that's where it ends, because I'm well aware of the fact that in a free country -- especially one with our First Amendment -- I will sometimes have to put up with shit I don't like. It wouldn't even occur to me to punish someone for expressing an opinion. However, if I want your opinion to change right now, it's up to me to do it with reason and civility.

But if I say something that "offends" you (and I'm still not sure what that means), you would feel perfectly comfortable (1) destroying me and/or (2) intimidating my employer into some kind of punitive action. In other words, you're fine with seeing me punished, simply for saying what I'm thinking.

That's one helluva difference right there.

I've asked this question three times on this thread and no one has answered it: Do you think that punishing people for saying what they're thinking, or intimidating someone into not saying what they're thinking, is going to somehow heal the wounds this country has? And if so, how, precisely?

Last edited:
It's a free country....you can say anything you wish

That does not mean there are no consequences for what you say

That's the standard defense of Political Correctness. It sounds fairly benign and certainly reasonable. But here's the problem:

If you say something that "offends" me, whatever that's supposed to mean, it means that you and I probably disagree on something and I may dispute what you said. On other hand, I may not. And that's where it ends, because I'm well aware of the fact that in a free country -- especially one with our First Amendment -- I will sometimes have to put up with shit I don't like. It wouldn't even occur to me to punish someone for expressing an opinion.

But if I say something that "offends" you (and I'm still not sure what that means), you would feel perfectly comfortable (1) destroying me and/or (2) intimidating my employer into some kind of punitive action. In other words, you would want to find a way to punish me for saying what I'm thinking.

That's one helluva difference right there.

I've asked this question three times on this thread and no one has answered it: Do you think that punishing people for saying what they're thinking, or intimidating someone into not saying what they're thinking, is going to somehow heal the wounds this country has? And if so, how, precisely?

No.

Says the guy who started this thread whining about religious intolerance and first amendment rights.

With so much time in his schedule, he can definitely work in time to talk out both sides of his mouth.
If he would put this kind of effort into finding a job, the sky's the limit

If you would kindly take the time to postulate an intelligent response instead of resorting to personal attacks, perhaps people like you could recruit more to your causes, namely gay rights.

For liberals whining about Phil Robertson's comments:

Breaking News, this just in:

1452515_3690260872474_1519761999_n.jpg

Says the guy who started this thread whining about religious intolerance and first amendment rights.

Says the guy yammering about how Robertson's a bigot and a racist. That post was for you [MENTION=20866]Dutch[/MENTION]. There are simply people out there who don't share the same views as you, I suggest you deal with it.

Forum List

Back