Freedom of Religious Opinion? Not If You're Phil Robertson

So I take it you're not planning on answering my question, then?

I did answer.....that is the consequence

And it is not just GLAAD. There is major media attention that is detrimental to Duck Dynasty and the A&E network. You embarrass your employer, you get fired
That s the way it works

Is it fair? Yes it is

Like I said before, GLAAD made their members angry. Should you care to see the results, perhaps you should pay a visit here:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...-from-biggest-backlash-in-years-says-rep.html

It might be fair and just under the law, but it employs a colossal double standard. "Just so long as you keep quiet about your belief in God, you can act, perform or otherwise entertain our viewers."

Nobody asked him to keep quiet about his belief in god. They are asking him to keep his bigoted inner self in check. Huge difference. Certainly you get that by now.

I'll try to question one last time, because you're choosing not to answer: Do you think that punishing people for saying what they're thinking, or intimidating someone into not saying what they're thinking, is going to somehow heal the wounds this country has? And if so, how, precisely?

Full disclosure, I'm really not expecting a straight answer.

I will answer one more time.

No.

No?

Then why do you keep doing it?

What have I done?

1468617_691349270895924_1379151050_n.jpg

He was. Care to prove he wasn't?

It just isn't fair! A&E should be forced by Eric Holder to reverse the suspension. And anyone who contacted A&E to express their views regarding what the bigot said ought to be fined for intimidation!

Drop your sarcasm.

It makes you sound increasingly immature. People like you asking for tolerance but giving none in return. What country is this? What country is this where one man cannot tolerate the opinion of the other, what country is this where a man can be punished, destroyed, ruined--- all because he had an opinion?

Are you intolerant of my sarcasm?

If he were punished by the police or the military or Obama's brown shirts, you might have a point.

Increasingly immature, huh? Why the personal attack, bro?

And it is not just GLAAD. There is major media attention that is detrimental to Duck Dynasty and the A&E network. You embarrass your employer, you get fired
That s the way it works

Is it fair? Yes it is

Like I said before, GLAAD made their members angry. Should you care to see the results, perhaps you should pay a visit here:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...-from-biggest-backlash-in-years-says-rep.html

It might be fair and just under the law, but it employs a colossal double standard. "Just so long as you keep quiet about your belief in God, you can act, perform or otherwise entertain our viewers."

Nobody asked him to keep quiet about his belief in god. They are asking him to keep his bigoted inner self in check. Huge difference. Certainly you get that by now.

The difference here is that only you and a smattering of other far left liberals think he's a bigot. The entirety of America disagrees with you. Certainly you get that by now. He should be able to express himself in the same way gays want to express themselves, or are you for enforcing such mighty double standards?

The difference here is that only you and a smattering of other far left liberals think he's a bigot. The entirety of America disagrees with you. Certainly you get that by now. He should be able to express himself in the same way gays want to express themselves, or are you for enforcing such mighty double standards?

Hmmm. You still don't get it.

Well, I tried.

It just isn't fair! A&E should be forced by Eric Holder to reverse the suspension. And anyone who contacted A&E to express their views regarding what the bigot said ought to be fined for intimidation!

Drop your sarcasm.

It makes you sound increasingly immature. People like you asking for tolerance but giving none in return. What country is this? What country is this where one man cannot tolerate the opinion of the other, what country is this where a man can be punished, destroyed, ruined--- all because he had an opinion?

If he were punished by the police or the military or Obama's brown shirts, you might have a point.

No. It is immature to act like you're acting, but hey, who am I to stop you? You were colluding with BD in order to make me think you were actually sincere about wanting to know about my methodology. You mocked me. You didn't think I noticed your sarcasm in my other thread? The name fits, pal.

As an aside, he was punished by the liberal mentality of political correctness that has taken firm grasp of our media and our entertainment industries.

So I take it you're not planning on answering my question, then?

That s the way it works

Is it fair? Yes it is

I'll try to question one last time, because you're choosing not to answer: Do you think that punishing people for saying what they're thinking, or intimidating someone into not saying what they're thinking, is going to somehow heal the wounds this country has? And if so, how, precisely?

The answer to your stupid, irrelevant, and desperate question is an easy "no"

Hmmm. You still don't get it.

Well, I tried.

I get it. It is why you aren't trying to counter my point, but insulting my understanding instead.

If you would kindly take the time to postulate an intelligent response instead of resorting to personal attacks, perhaps people like you could recruit more to your causes, namely gay rights.

The recruiting effort is going fine; thanks for your concern:

untitled.png

Gee, imagine our shock; you're on the wrong side of history yet again.

Here.

How can an effort go swimmingly when even a gay rights group infuriates their members with their shenanigans? Hmm? Looks like you're on the wrong side of history my friend. Free speech is a cornerstone of both movements, not even gays will tolerate having someone punished for speaking their mind.

There.

From 2004-2013...33% of the nation lives in states with marriage equality laws. It will only get worse for bigots. Spin all you want; you have time...just not any way of stopping progress.

He was. Care to prove he wasn't?

Drop your sarcasm.

I am betting Martin Bashir is wondering the same thing right now.

The fact is, you guys on the right are all for destroying people who have opinions you don't like.

Remember the Dixie Chicks?
Or when Bill Maher got fired from his ABC Show for saying terrorists weren't "Cowardly", unlike our politicians.
Or the aforementioned Mr. Bashir.

Now, frankly, I think it's fine that we are standing up to the bullies like Robertson who hold up a bible and claim that their bigotry is totally acceptable because a verse written by bronze age savages said so.

That same book advocated genocide, slavery, witch burning, sexual mutiliation, and a host of other ills.

Robertson expressed his bigotry. He's now paying a professional price for it. Just not seeing a problem here. If he feels that strongly about it, he should gladly pay that price.

I mean, shit, Jesus was crucified and the apostles martyred... and he's upset because he got suspended from a TV Show? Really.

Can't wait to see the Stained Glass Window for that one.

That s the way it works

Is it fair? Yes it is

The answer to your stupid, irrelevant, and desperate question is an easy "no"

The answer to your vapid, intellectually vacuous, and desperate post is an easy

"Then why do you keep doing it?"

Scenario:

Phil Robertson, an educator, is invited to my daughter's HS to speak to students about his career, his faith and his views regarding human sexuality.

Will he be arrested?

The recruiting effort is going fine; thanks for your concern:

untitled.png

Gee, imagine our shock; you're on the wrong side of history yet again.

Here.

How can an effort go swimmingly when even a gay rights group infuriates their members with their shenanigans? Hmm? Looks like you're on the wrong side of history my friend. Free speech is a cornerstone of both movements, not even gays will tolerate having someone punished for speaking their mind.

There.

From 2004-2013...33% of the nation lives in states with marriage equality laws. It will only get worse for bigots. Spin all you want; you have time...just not any way of stopping progress.

Lot of spin there, you had to collect data from nine years to get such a result. Nice try. Even so, 67% live in states that deem marriage as between a man and a woman.

Drop your sarcasm.

No. It is immature to act like you're acting, but hey, who am I to stop you? You were colluding with BD in order to make me think you were actually sincere about wanting to know about my methodology. You mocked me. You didn't think I noticed your sarcasm in my other thread? The name fits, pal.

As an aside, he was punished by the liberal mentality of political correctness that has taken firm grasp of our media and our entertainment industries.

I mocked you? You must be high.

That s the way it works

Is it fair? Yes it is

Course not. Because as TK was so polite as to answer, he is 100% in agreement with Phil's bigoted, asshole comments.

Forum List

Back