Freedom of Religious Opinion? Not If You're Phil Robertson

FFS get some sleep.

This is how I look at the people who are feeling sorry for Phil Robertson.

Attachments

• $pardon.jpg
    $pardon.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 35
I was just reading this...

SNIP:
Does Phil Robertson (Duck Dynasty) Have and EEOC Case of Discrimination?

U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission ^ | 12/21/13 | vg0va3

Religious Discrimination

Religious discrimination involves treating a person (an applicant or employee) unfavorably because of his or her religious beliefs. The law protects not only people who belong to traditional, organized religions, such as Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, and Judaism, but also others who have sincerely held religious, ethical or moral beliefs.

Religious discrimination can also involve treating someone differently because that person is married to (or associated with) an individual of a particular religion or because of his or her connection with a religious organization or group.

The law forbids discrimination when it comes to any aspect of employment, including hiring, firing, pay, job assignments, promotions, layoff, training, fringe benefits, and any other term or condition of employment. Religious Discrimination & Harassment

all of it at
Does Phil Robertson (Duck Dynasty) Have and EEOC Case of Discrimination?

Here are the actual regulations. Please show us the section that applies to Phil's case.

Compliance Manual Section 12 - Religious Discrimination

Yea, they have no problem running Newt the adulterer for their partie nomination.

And of course since you'd never engage in hypocrisy, you condemn tax cheats Slick, Slick's wench, Rangle, Daschle, Jefferson as well as tax evaders Buffett, Gates, Obama and the rest of Democrats who aren't able to do what they preach, right?

So are you calling this guy from Duck Dynaasty a hypocrite for not doing everything the Bible tells him? Or are you merely justifying his hypocricy and that of all other Christians?

Um ... no ... I'm calling him a hypocrite because he criticizes Republicans for not following Republican values, such as morality, but he does not criticize Democrats for not following Democratic values, like paying their own taxes. I mean duh, you seriously didn't get that? Wow, that was obvious.

Typical that you know a reality show (I had to Google your reference) but you don't know what the word hypocrisy means, and you didn't Google it to find out...

If someone on the Trinity network said that gays should have the right to marry, would Trinity be within their rights to fire them?

Sure they would.

Phil Robertson is a milk weak sissy wimp.
A real man backs up what they say and would be out there TODAY, NOW saying his opinions when told to shut up.
I would have told A & E to FUCK THEMSELVES. No one tells me to shut up if I REALLY BELIEVE what I am saying.
And I support him stating what the hell he wants to.
But he went silent and said "yes maam, I will be quiet" to A & E.
NO FUCKING WAY I would have done that, contract or not.

This isn't about the First Amendment or religious freedom. It's about how far a network will go to punish someone who won't fall into line.

The big difference is, Phil Robertson is not an actor who was hired to play a part in a television show. If that's what A&E wanted, they should have issued a casting call and done it with professionals. He can't be punished like an actor would be punished. They chose the wrong person to manipulate by ordinary means.

That has already been proven wrong, but like every braindead rightwing robot, you keep repeating it.

Actually NO it hasn't.

Jon Gosselin Violates Morals Clause, Moves On with Reality Show

The above was already posted.

Now either shut up or say something else stupid.

That has already been proven wrong, but like every braindead rightwing robot, you keep repeating it.

Actually NO it hasn't.

You have still yet to prove there was a "morals clause" in his contract. I don't remember A&E citing that as the reason for his suspension either. Unless you have something proving otherwise.

So we have now done away and proven 100% false any and all false claims of "violation of 1st Amendment Rights".
That is a start.

Actually NO it hasn't.

You have still yet to prove there was a "morals clause" in his contract. I don't remember A&E citing that as the reason for his suspension either. Unless you have something proving otherwise.

The state he lives in is a Right To Work state.
They can fire and discipline him FOR ANYTHING.

So we have now done away and proven 100% false any and all false claims of "violation of 1st Amendment Rights".
That is a start.

Now to address the issue of tolerance.

In your view, who showed more intolerance? GLAAD and A&E or Phil Robertson?

FFS get some sleep.

This is how I look at the people who are feeling sorry for Phil Robertson.

Like you want swoop down on us in the night as we hunt for food and grasp us with your sharp and crushing talons and fly away with us back to your nest where you'd rip us to shreds with your powerful beak and then devour us raw?

Is that the way you look at us?

I don't feel sorry for him because in addition to being squared away and standing on solid Biblical grounds, (i.e. God's on his side) he also has more than half of America's philosophical support.

I'm willing to stay out of the Gay debates but when pushed by the Gay interests and in turn, A&E, to come down on one side or the other, I side with Phil.

And one more reason not to feel sorry for Phil is because his son, Willie, is already a star on the Outdoor Channel with a show called, "Buck Commander." So, I'd bet Outdoor would LOVE to welcome Duck Commander to the Network's lineup.

What's funniest about this thread is that the author of it is now claiming to be right,

while having reversed his original position completely.

Wow, amazing the lack of common sense here.
Sports fans, let me appeal to your reason and common sense.
YOU sell widgets, YOU pay big money to A & E, tens of millions a year in advertising.
YOU have a standard contract that EVERYONE that pays millions a year TO ALL networks use.
That standard contract allows advertisers-YOU, networks and movie studios to terminate a talent agreement when an actor's conduct is detrimental to the interests of the folks that buy the widgets or otherwise devalues the performance due.
Been around since the late 40s.

What's funniest about this thread is that the author of it is now claiming to be right,

while having reversed his original position completely.

I reverse my opinions because of my open mindedness, something you are wholly incapable of doing. If I remained rigid in my stances all the time, I would be seen as unreasonable. Satisfied?

Forum List

Back