Freedom of Speech Trampled on in Colorado School

My school has over 700 elementary kids, and the uniforms are great-this is our second year for them.

We lucked out and got my 12 yr old and 14 yr old into a charter school that requires them. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there will be spots soon for my 6 yr old and 10 yr old.

Stop crying the boy should not have got suspended they should have let him wear the shirt. Where im from in texas a shirt of the wrong color could allow you to suffer a brutal beating and we are complaining because the kid has a fact written on his shirt give me a break. Public school public politics public opinions welcome to America.

Stop crying the boy should not have got suspended they should have let him wear the shirt. Where im from in texas a shirt of the wrong color could allow you to suffer a brutal beating and we are complaining because the kid has a fact written on his shirt give me a break. Public school public politics public opinions welcome to America.
did you read this post?
http://www.usmessageboard.com/797842-post152.html

the kid wasnt suspended because of the shirt

A fact???

It is a known fact that children are not afforded the same rights as adults, especially in schools. Schools reserve the right to restrict speech in order to instill discipline.

This is what I've been saying the entire time. :eusa_whistle:

I've seen uniforms used in schools up to 600 and they did great. I haven't had a chance to see it implemented on a larger scale. Unless you go back to my time in the military. Uniforms work out great there. ;)

You need to brush up on your math. My kids attend a school of 200 and you attend one of 2,000... That would only be 10 times more.

I don't need to brush up on my math.

I just calculated the wrong thing in my head.

But thanks for the remark, I know my math pretty well thanks.

Last edited:
Did you read mine? He shouldn't have been suspended. They should have let him keep the shirt on as well.
the shirt is not the reason he was suspended, so what would "letting him wear the shirt" have to do with what the reason for his suspension was?

Might want to explain that to all the hate groups like the KKK then.

:eusa_whistle:

Notice that I retracted that statement and added a post saying this, however, all schools have dress codes now, thanks to people wanting everyone to look the same, so it is still a punishment which the school has every right to enforce. If parents would take more responsibility for their own kids the schools wouldn't have to enforce such rules.

Also, I don't like hate groups, but as long as they remain peaceful they still have the same rights.

the shirt is not the reason he was suspended, so what would "letting him wear the shirt" have to do with what the reason for his suspension was?

I never said he was suspended for wearing the shirt. He should have been allowed to wear the shirt bottom line. He shouldn't have been suspended just because people disagreed with his opinion.

I never said he was suspended for wearing the shirt. He should have been allowed to wear the shirt bottom line. He shouldn't have been suspended just because people disagreed with his opinion.

Go back and read the thread he linked to again. He got into a fight with some other kids over the shirt.

Notice that I retracted that statement and added a post saying this, however, all schools have dress codes now, thanks to people wanting everyone to look the same, so it is still a punishment which the school has every right to enforce. If parents would take more responsibility for their own kids the schools wouldn't have to enforce such rules.

Also, I don't like hate groups, but as long as they remain peaceful they still have the same rights.

I agree with your post.

It's a punishment for the kids to be forced to have a dress code.

Not my fault other kids parents are too lazy to know that what their kid is wearing isn't right for school.

Go back and read the thread he linked to again. He got into a fight with some other kids over the shirt.

I've read it im not impressed. Suspending a kid three days for yelling. Are we serious? It wasnt the shirt that caused it, it was an inability to have a civilized discussion.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back