Gas Hits $8.50 in California

and now you are paying 8.50....holy fuck dude, that is crazy.

All I said is what I paid, and that triggered all you sheep. Weird.
You inserted yourself into the topic by claiming what you pay is not that much. While you claim you have no idea what you were paying under Trump.

If you’re not man enough to admit you’re ignorant, the rest of us have already done that for you.

I have a good memory for things that are important. The price of gas on any given day does not qualify.

In March of 2020 I was driving about 300ish miles a week (not including vacations and the like), now I am driving less than 30 on average. Gas would have to be a shit ton higher before I noticed the difference in my budget.
At the start of the pandemic you were driving 300 miles per week? Oh….

Prices are still a $1.16 on average higher than 2020 and .67 higher than 2019. How do you explain that?

Perhaps it is due to the 15% reduction in production starting in early 2020.

Here is the data for the US...and it was not just the US that cut production.

1634915630977.png

You inserted yourself into the topic by claiming what you pay is not that much. While you claim you have no idea what you were paying under Trump.

If you’re not man enough to admit you’re ignorant, the rest of us have already done that for you.

What I pay is not that much. anyone that whines about paying less than 3 bucks a gallon is just a spoiled brat.

The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) and allies including Russia, known collectively as OPEC+, last week resisted calls to raise output faster and stuck to their plan for an increase of 400,000 barrels per day (bpd) in November.

Russia's economy is completely dependent on high oil prices. Putin is reaping the benefits of holding back.
At the mercy of OPEC just like in the days of Jimmy Carter. When we were energy independent under
Donald Trump the left stole the election and put us back under the control of others.

Let's go Brandon!

I wouldn't doubt California is trying to price people out of gas cars to get them to buy electric, or are trying to keep people from going out as much by making it expensive to go for a drive.

As I said, leftists have always been outraged and offended by the idea that the dirty peons could just up and go wherever they wanted, whenever they wanted, just as if they were as good as the elites. They've always wanted to put a stop to that.

It costs what it costs.

What’s the point of keeping track of what it cost last year? If it cost more this year than last does that mean you’re not going to buy it?

How can you blame the price of gas in one single town on Biden if you do not keep track of what it cost last year?

Lie.
If you right wingers could get your FACTs straight, it would help your argument.

It was 1,000 temporary jobs, NOT this 10,000 Facebook Spread Lie. And you know it.

"Well, that's not what I was ordered to know, so that must mean you don't have the facts if you're saying something different!"

Yet oddly enough it was Trump himself that forced OPEC to cut production to help US oil company profits....weird.
Compare prices under Trump to the ignoramus in the White House today.

In fact contrast the cost of everything under Trump to what it is now.

Jimmy Carter redux.

Compare prices under Trump to the ignoramus in the White House today.

That is what happens when production is slashed, prices go up. Anyone with more than half a brain would know this.

Prices started to rise in April after the slash in production. Then as more and more people started to drive more again they have now skyrocketed due to the production still being way lower than at the start of 2020

At the mercy of OPEC just like in the days of Jimmy Carter. When we were energy independent under
Donald Trump the left stole the election and put us back under the control of others.

Let's go Brandon!
There is no such thing as Energy independent unless you ban the export of Oil from US..

US is the fourth highest Oil exporter in the world.. Very close to Iraq and ahead of the UAE...

US is the second highest importer

It costs what it costs.

What’s the point of keeping track of what it cost last year? If it cost more this year than last does that mean you’re not going to buy it?

Well, SOME of us are interested in knowing whether or not our elected leaders are doing a shitty job and should be replaced. I get that that's far more complicated than your method of just mindlessly voting for whomever your masters tell you to and believing things are great or bad according to your talking points. Thinking is hard for someone as ill-equipped as you are.

That is what happens when production is slashed, prices go up. Anyone with more than half a brain would know this.

Prices started to rise in April after the slash in production. Then as more and more people started to drive more again they have now skyrocketed due to the production still being way lower than at the start of 2020

"Green Woke Joe" begs oil producers to open the spigots but, in a typical Joe move, he turns to OPEC
(who told Joe to fuck off) for help and has ignored domestic oil producers.

Habitually anti American? That's what it looks like.

Last edited:
As I said, leftists have always been outraged and offended by the idea that the dirty peons could just up and go wherever they wanted, whenever they wanted, just as if they were as good as the elites. They've always wanted to put a stop to that.
Huh? I've heard some pretty crazy things that "people" think the left is responsible for, but this one takes the cake.

Prices are still a $1.16 on average higher than 2020 and .67 higher than 2019. How do you explain that?
It's easier to cap a well than to reopen it

May 8, 2020, 9:09 AM

"With thousands of oil wells choking back or completely shutting off production, companies already are looking ahead to what may prove to be an even bigger challenge: turning wells back on.

U.S. and Canadian oil producers are curbing as much as 4.5 million barrels of daily supplies, according to Plains All American Pipeline LP. In the U.S. alone, drillers have announced plans to halt more than 600,000 barrels of daily output this month and next, said Rystad Energy AS. Old-style, conventional wells were the first to go down and the closures are expanding to some of the horizontal gushers that represent shale drillers’ prize assets."

Imo it will take at least until the 2nd quarter next year for production to ramp back up to pre-covid levels.

Seems pretty simple. For some I guess.

It's easier to cap a well than to reopen it

May 8, 2020, 9:09 AM

"With thousands of oil wells choking back or completely shutting off production, companies already are looking ahead to what may prove to be an even bigger challenge: turning wells back on.

U.S. and Canadian oil producers are curbing as much as 4.5 million barrels of daily supplies, according to Plains All American Pipeline LP. In the U.S. alone, drillers have announced plans to halt more than 600,000 barrels of daily output this month and next, said Rystad Energy AS. Old-style, conventional wells were the first to go down and the closures are expanding to some of the horizontal gushers that represent shale drillers’ prize assets."

Imo it will take at least until the 2nd quarter next year for production to ramp back up to pre-covid levels.
Come on we all know you just flip a switch at the gas tank and gas magically appears in the tanks at the gas station.

Forum List

Back