🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Gay Couple Says Waitress Told Them 'We Don't Serve Fags Here'

Do you think you have a right to act out in a private establishment with absolutely no repercussions?

Act out. How did the couple act out? Make sure you are accurate on what they did.

It's in the story. "Acted inappropriately". Which can be interpreted in any manner by the owner of the restaurant.
Public displays of affection in a family restaurant are grounds for removal/banning. Period.
That's enough.
We're done.
Acted inappropriately....well, that certainly clears things up, don't it? Why did they serve them and take their money then.......huh?

Uh oh, this business is in deep shit now (pun sorta not intended).

HUFFPOSTNewsEntertainmentLifestyleTech & InnovationAll Sections*LoginFeedbackView DesktopTermsPrivacy PolicyCopyright © 2014 TheHuffingtonPost.com, Inc. | "The Huffington Post" is a registered trademark of TheHuffingtonPost.com, Inc. All rights reserved.

Cavan SieczkowskiThe Huffington Post05/29/14 11:08 AM ET

A gay couple says they were asked not to return to a Texas restaurant because they "don't serve fags" there.

Collin Dewberry and Kelly Williams ate breakfast at*Big Earl's Bait House and Galley Cafe*in Pittsburgh, Texas, on Tuesday, May 27, but after paying the bill, they said they were met with hate, KLTV reports. The couple said a waitress, who happened to be owner Earl Cheney's daughter, told them*"We don't serve fags here,"*before saying: “Here at Big Earl’s we like for men to act like men and for ladies to act like ladies, so we want you to never return.”

A sign posted on the restaurant's door has a similar message.

“She’s a young lady, didn’t know what else to say, and they just kept on and she finally said we just don’t like fags," Earl Cheney told KLTV. He said he has no problem with gays dining at his restaurant, as long as they follow his policy: “You’re welcome to come and eat, but a man act like a man and a woman act like a woman ... That a man’s supposed to stand up and be a leader. He’s not supposed to be a woman. He’s not supposed to come in here in a dress.”

Cheney said the*couple had been acting inappropriately, with one putting his leg on the other. He told CBS affiliate KRLD that one looked "really possum eyed at me." He said he doesn't plan to discipline his daughter but thinks the parents of Dewberry and Williams should "teach 'em how to act in public."

He also maintains he is not a bigot.

“Homosexuality, Blacks, Hispanics they all come in here — everybody comes in here to eat. I’ve served my country for over 20 years, I know what my freedoms are," Cheney told KRLD. “I’m not gonna have people coming in here with their butt showing; I’m not gonna have people coming in here naked; I’m not gonna have people coming in here having sex on the tables.”

Since news of the incident surfaced,*Big Earl's Yelp page*has been flooded with negative comments and one-star reviews, as well as a photo of the late Westboro Baptist Church founder Fred Phelps with the text "Fred Phelps Seal of Approval."

"One putting his leg on the other...."

THE HORROR!!!!!!!!!!! OMIGOD! OMIGOD! OMIGOD!

I wonder what they do when a man puts his leg on a woman's leg...or a woman puts her leg on a man's leg.....do they freak out then too?

PDA..If the owner of the restaurant does not want it, his right to have the people leave and not return.

Uh oh, this business is in deep shit now (pun sorta not intended).

"One putting his leg on the other...."

THE HORROR!!!!!!!!!!! OMIGOD! OMIGOD! OMIGOD!

I wonder what they do when a man puts his leg on a woman's leg...or a woman puts her leg on a man's leg.....do they freak out then too?

PDA..If the owner of the restaurant does not want it, his right to have the people leave and not return.

Yes, it's his right...I like how he waited til he had their money tho. :D

Freedom. It may mean not selling cakes to people that you don't want to sell too, It's sad that America has come to this. Blackrobes can't tell us what is right. They would like to think so. But, no, Not really. And so it goes.

It looks like it was far more than a couple of gay guys out for breakfast. From the description it was a full scale floor show.

It's funny how often I see gay people like this, doing whatever they can to invoke a negative response from people.... and then suddenly play the victim card.

"Oh poor pitiful me.... woe is me... I'm such a victim after acting completely unacceptable in public until someone complained.... woe is me! I am so wronged by society!"

And gays are not the only ones that do this. Pretty much every special group out there, demanding special treatment through government law, seems to do this.

People need to grow up.

Do you realize how foolish you look defending a straw man after being shown how stupid it was?

So, when did you choose to not cut yourself for pleasure?

Cutting oneself for pleasure IS a choice. And I remember very clearly CHOOSING not to do it.

Now...when did you CHOOSE to be straight? (hope I'm not making an assumption there)

It is illogical to believe sexual orientation is a choice; thus, no answer will be a valid response.

Because to believe that anything other than heterosexuality is normal is illogical. Thus your problem.

If it's a choice...it's a choice all around...so, when did you make YOUR choice?

Do you realize how foolish you look defending a straw man after being shown how stupid it was?

So, when did you choose to not cut yourself for pleasure?

Cutting oneself for pleasure IS a choice. And I remember very clearly CHOOSING not to do it.

Now...when did you CHOOSE to be straight? (hope I'm not making an assumption there)

Describe in detail. Or did you decide not to cut yourself because of the pain involved?

So, you are delusional.

It looks like it was far more than a couple of gay guys out for breakfast. From the description it was a full scale floor show.

It's funny how often I see gay people like this, doing whatever they can to invoke a negative response from people.... and then suddenly play the victim card.

"Oh poor pitiful me.... woe is me... I'm such a victim after acting completely unacceptable in public until someone complained.... woe is me! I am so wronged by society!"

And gays are not the only ones that do this. Pretty much every special group out there, demanding special treatment through government law, seems to do this.

People need to grow up.

So...it's the gay couple's fault they got called "fags". Love it.

Well Put Pops.

Heterosexuality is key to human life itself

Heterosexuality represents Regeneration and New Life

Homosexuality represents Degeneration and Death

Nope....but with our population growing out of control as it is....might be better if it were a little harder for people to have children....take a little more work, as it were.

There are species that can become sterile, asexual or actually change their gender based on the population of the community, but these morons come up with "if everyone was gay the population would die out".

But, hey, let's pretend creationism belongs in a science class.

There are 7 known species that change sex , none are remotely related to primates, most are fish , snakes and bugs. The highest on the evolutionary scale is the Hyena - so obvioulsy you are comparing homosexuals to Hyenas and bugs . I had placed them slightly higher on the scale in considering them merely subhuman. hmmmm.

People need to grow up.

Yup :doubt:

a52b632f6744af993fff80a7c745c784.jpg

7f4d18c6bafca1c1f9ac08472935a597.jpg

Since you believe it to be a choice...what was the moment when you chose to be straight?

One does not choose to be straight. One does not choose not to cut themselves, not to vomit after eating, not to hoard or not to eat until they become morbidly obese.

It is those that choose to do those things that are classified as obsessive compulsives.

And same sex coupling fits in that category. Until you realize that fact, all you have are straw man arguments

If it's a choice...it's a choice all around...so, when did you make YOUR choice?

Tha's getting kind of tired - can't you come with some new lines ?

b67524bbf8680d6a88e1d9bdfcf23c1d.jpg

People need to grow up.

Yup :doubt:

a52b632f6744af993fff80a7c745c784.jpg

7f4d18c6bafca1c1f9ac08472935a597.jpg

Did you say something, little boy?

Well Put Pops.
Heterosexuality is key to human life itself
Heterosexuality represents Regeneration and New Life
Homosexuality represents Degeneration and Death

Nope....but with our population growing out of control as it is....might be better if it were a little harder for people to have children....take a little more work, as it were.

Are you claiming homosexuality as a form of birth control?

You are proving that homosexuality is an obsessive compulsive disorder. You understand that? Right?

Your obsession makes irrational statements seem rational, but only to the irrational.

Homosexuality and the promoton of it among the masses is a form of Birth Control endorsed by Big Brother and socio-fascism

I'm just saying...y'all are going to have a rude awakening you keep up with this nonsense.

Yeah, we might actually achieve equality. Bigots get over it or die off.

Bullshit. This isn't about equal rights for you folks and you know it. Whenever you progressives freak out it is when someone voices opposition to your lifestyles. This thread proves that. You can't stand that someone doesn't like you or agree with your point of view. SO you attack and call them names. Well guess what? No one is liked by everyone. That's never going to change no matter how many times you garally or dance down Broadway in assless chaps. In the long run all it does is piss people off who would have otherwise been on your side. That's what he meant by his comment. So get over it or die off.

No scientist Ive ever heard of has claimed gays should protect themselves from unwanted pregnancies...no scientists claim they CAN get pregnant engaging in homosexual activity.

Does that mean you'll actually start listening to the scientists telling your fag buddies that their lifestyle is dangerous to themselves & others & stop listening to fags and their opinions on asses? Good for you!

I think people should listen to scientists that tell all promiscuous humans that they should protect themselves against sexually transmitted disease and unwanted pregnancy. Unprotected sex is a danger to all...look at all the heterosexuals dying of sexually transmitted disease in Africa.

True, but the occurrance of unwanted STDs from un-natural perverted sex is common place.

Physical Health
Common sexual practices among gay men lead to numerous STDs and physical injuries***, some of which are virtually unknown in the heterosexual population. Lesbians are also at higher risk for STDs. In addition to diseases that may be transmitted during lesbian sex, a study at an Australian STD clinic found that lesbians were three to four times more likely than heterosexual women to have sex with men who were high-risk for HIV.

Mental Health
It is well established that there are high rates of psychiatric illnesses, including depression, drug abuse, and suicide attempts, among gays and lesbians. This is true even in the Netherlands, where gay, lesbian and bisexual (GLB) relationships are far more socially acceptable than in the U.S. Depression and drug abuse are strongly associated with risky sexual practices that lead to serious medical problems.

Life Span
The only epidemiological study to date on the life span of gay men concluded that gay and bisexual men lose up to 20 years of life expectancy.

*** Note: Physical injuries include , but is not limited to, foreign objects lodged in the anal cavity. So basically telling a queer to "Stick it up hiss ass" takes on an erotic meaning in their warped litlle minds.

Forum List

Back