Gay Marriage - Question.....

So, people with different cultural views than you are not allowed to participate in the political process in support of those views?
Not if they intend to discriminate in the public arena against those who don't subscribe to their views.

You are presuming to judge the result of their intentions, while ignoring the fact that many of your lib intentions have results that could be reasonable considered discrimination.

IF the policies and/or laws that are enacted violate others people's rights, that will be an issue for the courts, such as they are.

But preventing those people from participation in the political process because they are of a different cultural than you is nothing but pure bigotry, on your part.

You, Bonzi, are neither authorized nor qualified to determine and declare who is or is not a Christian.

Simple fact, my dear. You are over the bounds. Love your God, love your fellow neighbors, go about your business.

No, God knows our hearts and knows who is Christian and who isn't. That will be revealed when our lives here on Earth is over.

You can believe what you would like, your subtle put downs are interesting, but, here I nothing in he Bible that says "go about your own business" - God wants us to be a light to others. I have no intention of putting God's light under a bushel.
You are forbidden to speak.

Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.(Timothy 2: 11-12)

Adults have to want advice. Children are a totally different story. Mine are my responsibility. Other peoples', as long as there isn't abuse involved, are their parents' responsibility.
Either way, allowing others to go down a destructive path is not love. We have an obligation as Christian's to warn them. And, everyone has free will choice to accept or reject God.
Warn all you want. My objection is to discrimination in the public arena. As long as no one is being harmed, your views are no better than anyone else's. Some denominations are opposed to certain medical practices. Should they be able impose them on the rest of us?

You, Bonzi, are neither authorized nor qualified to determine and declare who is or is not a Christian.

Simple fact, my dear. You are over the bounds. Love your God, love your fellow neighbors, go about your business.

No, God knows our hearts and knows who is Christian and who isn't. That will be revealed when our lives here on Earth is over.

You can believe what you would like, your subtle put downs are interesting, but, here I nothing in he Bible that says "go about your own business" - God wants us to be a light to others. I have no intention of putting God's light under a bushel.
You are forbidden to speak.

Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.(Timothy 2: 11-12)

Technically she is typing. :muahaha:

You are presuming to judge the result of their intentions, while ignoring the fact that many of your lib intentions have results that could be reasonable considered discrimination. IF the policies and/or laws that are enacted violate others people's rights, that will be an issue for the courts, such as they are. But preventing those people from participation in the political process because they are of a different cultural than you is nothing but pure bigotry, on your part.
I'm not preventing anyone from engaging in the process. You're putting words in my mouth. I'm saying that you can't dictate my actions, as long as I'm not injuring anyone.

Adults have to want advice. Children are a totally different story. Mine are my responsibility. Other peoples', as long as there isn't abuse involved, are their parents' responsibility.
Either way, allowing others to go down a destructive path is not love. We have an obligation as Christian's to warn them. And, everyone has free will choice to accept or reject God.
Warn all you want. My objection is to discrimination in the public arena. As long as no one is being harmed, your views are no better than anyone else's. Some denominations are opposed to certain medical practices. Should they be able impose them on the rest of us?

Your position is that, because her views are founded on religious beliefs, that they are INFERIOR to everyone else's.

You are the one trying to violate the constitution here, not her.

Bonzi, be silent.

What I say here is a professing of what I know to be true and, I say it to stand up for my Lord and Savior.

It is a violation for the government to establish a religion - but a citizen can base their positions on anything they like. It's called the free exercise of religion.
They can base positions on anything they like, but they can't exercise them in the public arena to discriminate. If the government allows that, it's tacitly establishing a religion.

Yes, they can. And no, it wouldn't. For the government to prevent them from doing it would be a violation of the 1st amendment.

You are presuming to judge the result of their intentions, while ignoring the fact that many of your lib intentions have results that could be reasonable considered discrimination. IF the policies and/or laws that are enacted violate others people's rights, that will be an issue for the courts, such as they are. But preventing those people from participation in the political process because they are of a different cultural than you is nothing but pure bigotry, on your part.
I'm not preventing anyone from engaging in the process. You're putting words in my mouth. I'm saying that you can't dictate my actions, as long as I'm not injuring anyone.

Plenty of laws, liberal laws even, dictate actions.

But you are singling out groups, that just happens to be a group that is different from you, and saying that group should not engage in the process.

If an Hindu votes against meat industry interests based on his religious beliefs, in your mind that is wrong, while if some hippy does it because that's what Spock would do that is ok.

In my mind, both are fully within their rights, though i strongly disagree with both of them.

Try to be more open minded when dealing with people who are different than you.

Bonzi, be silent.

What I say here is a professing of what I know to be true and, I say it to stand up for my Lord and Savior.

But the bible forbids women from doing so. You're not supposed to be teaching the word of god, that's a man's job.

Bonzi, you have no authority iaw Holy Bible to instruct.

Your intention gives you no grace to violate God's word.

Be silent is God's word to you.

Bonzi, you have no authority iaw Holy Bible to instruct.

Your intention gives you no grace to violate God's word.

Be silent is God's word to you.

Many women excel in gifts of hospitality, mercy, teaching, evangelism, and helps. Much of the ministry of the local church depends on women. Women in the church are not restricted from public praying or prophesying - only from having spiritual teaching authority over men. The Bible nowhere restricts women from exercising the gifts of the Holy Spirit. Women, just as much as men, are called to minister to others, to demonstrate the fruit of the Spirit and to proclaim the gospel to the lost (Matt 28: 18-20 and Acts 1:8).

God has ordained that only men are to serve in positions of spiritual teaching authority in the church. This is not because men are necessarily better teachers or because women are inferior or less intelligent (which is not the case). It is simply the way God designed the church to function.

... if you are not a Christian, or don't believe the Bible, why is it important to you to try to make it sound like God and/or the Bible is /does not condemn homosexuality?

If you don't believe, it should be irrelevant to you.

As long as opponents to homosexuals do not bring up the Bible- I will not. I personally do not care what a persons religious beliefs are.

However, if someone uses the Bible as a rationalization here on the boards for why they believe homosexuals should be discriminated against- then I am fine with actually discussing what the Bible says.

Frankly- from the rhetoric of the Far Right Christians, an ignorant outsider would easily assume that homosexuality is one of the main themes of the Bible- and that Jesus's primary message was regarding homosexuality. Because that is what the Far Right Christians focus on.

But instead- the NT barely mentions homosexuality, and Jesus's own words are barely mentioned.

So to recap- I won't challenge your belief in what the Bible says if you don't cite the Bible as your reason to discriminate.

... if you are not a Christian, or don't believe the Bible, why is it important to you to try to make it sound like God and/or the Bible is /does not condemn homosexuality?

Why is it important to you that homos not collect the exact same government cash and prizes you do for being married? What do government marriage benefits which rain down from Caesar have to do with religion or the Bible?

Now that gay people have the right to marry, you're right it IS completely irrelevent :thup:

Marriage is the Joining of One Man and One Woman.

Forum List

Back