Gay Marriage - Question.....

i wonder if bonzi and jeri realize the bible says women are to shut up and be obedience and not preach or witness

matter of fact lets discuss where the bible says to pray and how it says to pray

what about matthew 25:40

Taking into consideration the entire book of Matthew, Jesus is saying that those who treat Jesus’ followers well by showing them kindness, do the same to Him by extension.
Jesus taught his disciples to love all people, even their enemies, but in this verse, it is referencing a special love and concern for one’s fellow believers. Jesus is identified with his disciples and they with him. They are persecuted due to their connection with him, thus, it is quite likely that the hardship of Jesus disciples is due to their testimony for Jesus.

When one shows mercy to a follower of Jesus, in a profound sense one is showing mercy to Jesus himself.

What is the source of your moral codes that drives your political positions?
"Do unto others", which includes minding my own business when it comes to others' personal lives.

Pretty standard western liberal answer.

But not the only answer. And fairly unusual outside of first world western nations.

Are you prepared to accept that other cultures have larger moral codes that drive their views?

Or are all those other cultures inferior to your own?

It is a violation for the government to establish a religion - but a citizen can base their positions on anything they like. It's called the free exercise of religion.
They can base positions on anything they like, but they can't exercise them in the public arena to discriminate. If the government allows that, it's tacitly establishing a religion.

"Do unto others", which includes minding my own business when it comes to others' personal lives.

Do Unto Others I would hope would mean love. If you love someone and have their best in heart and mind, you will tell them things to help them, even if it hurts or they may not want to hear it.

Love doesn't mean enabling people to do whatever they want. Would you do that with your child?

no no no......what you do to the least of my breathen.....you do to me.....so now you are saying this is only for the believers and not for all man...and yet you claim your god made man but suddenly the lowest of man can be neglected cause you have decided to narrowly interpet your bible?

you need to site the website you copied and pasted that from

Pretty standard western liberal answer. But not the only answer. And fairly unusual outside of first world western nations. Are you prepared to accept that other cultures have larger moral codes that drive their views? Or are all those other cultures inferior to your own?
I'm prepared to accept that other cultures may have other positions, but I'm not prepared to let them impose those positions on me.

no i do not enable my child but i do not burn him on the stove when he sins....do you...do you live by the bible....do you leave your home when you have your period etc and so forth....go live in a tent? do you not eat seafood....now this is the part where they will claim the ot is over ridden by the nt....now tell me what jesus says about gays and abortion ......

why is it no one addresses matthew 25:40 or much of matthew....sometimes it does seem to non believers that you are cherry picking and just using the verses of the bible you want to use....i notice no one mentions when jesus says...he came only for the jews

Well give me a chance...... I did address it.

It is a violation for the government to establish a religion - but a citizen can base their positions on anything they like. It's called the free exercise of religion.
They can base positions on anything they like, but they can't exercise them in the public arena to discriminate. If the government allows that, it's tacitly establishing a religion.

So, people with different cultural views than you are not allowed to participate in the political process in support of those views?

no you copied and pasted....now why are you preaching and not staying silent......again do you move out of your home when you have your period?

Do Unto Others I would hope would mean love. If you love someone and have their best in heart and mind, you will tell them things to help them, even if it hurts or they may not want to hear it. Love doesn't mean enabling people to do whatever they want. Would you do that with your child?
Adults have to want advice. Children are a totally different story. Mine are my responsibility. Other peoples', as long as there isn't abuse involved, are their parents' responsibility.

Pretty standard western liberal answer. But not the only answer. And fairly unusual outside of first world western nations. Are you prepared to accept that other cultures have larger moral codes that drive their views? Or are all those other cultures inferior to your own?
I'm prepared to accept that other cultures may have other positions, but I'm not prepared to let them impose those positions on me.

If you live with other cultures in a democracy, they have as much right to vote and participate in the political process as you do.

If you use the force of law to prevent that, and it works, that is depriving them of equal rights.

You, Bonzi, are neither authorized nor qualified to determine and declare who is or is not a Christian.

Simple fact, my dear. You are over the bounds. Love your God, love your fellow neighbors, go about your business.

No, God knows our hearts and knows who is Christian and who isn't. That will be revealed when our lives here on Earth is over.

You can believe what you would like, your subtle put downs are interesting, but, here I nothing in he Bible that says "go about your own business" - God wants us to be a light to others. I have no intention of putting God's light under a bushel.

So, people with different cultural views than you are not allowed to participate in the political process in support of those views?
Not if they intend to discriminate in the public arena against those who don't subscribe to their views.

Bonzi, be silent.

Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.(Timothy 2: 11-12)

Do Unto Others I would hope would mean love. If you love someone and have their best in heart and mind, you will tell them things to help them, even if it hurts or they may not want to hear it. Love doesn't mean enabling people to do whatever they want. Would you do that with your child?
Adults have to want advice. Children are a totally different story. Mine are my responsibility. Other peoples', as long as there isn't abuse involved, are their parents' responsibility.

Either way, allowing others to go down a destructive path is not love.
We have an obligation as Christian's to warn them.
And, everyone has free will choice to accept or reject God.

31-year-old Rachel Held Evans has spent an entire year trying to follow of the Bible’s instructions for menstruating women, from “submitting” to their husbands to removing themselves from the community. Now she’s launching a book on her religious experiment, called “A Year of Biblical Womanhood”.

The Tennessee-based evangelical blogger set out to obey the Bible’s strict rules for women on their period, from Leviticus Chapters 15 to 18. In case you didn’t know, the Holy Book sets a strict set of rules for women, some explicit, others implied, and Evans tried to obey most of them as precisely as possible. During the 12-month-long experience, she stayed home from church, made her own clothes, abstained from sex and even touching her husband, let her hair grow, slept in a tent once a month, and even carried a seat cushion with her wherever she went to avoid sitting on chairs outside her home. It might sound funny, even kooky, but through her experiment Rachel tries to make a serious point: all Christians choose to respect those parts of the Bible that suit them.

Ironically, her biggest critics throughout the whole Biblical project have been conservatives who should’ve been most sympathetic to her idea. “It goes to show at some level there’s a fear of exposing what it means to follow the Bible literally,” the writer told Slate Magazine. But despite criticism she went through with her experiment and managed to complete her self-set 12-month challenge. Now she’s preparing to launch a book on it, but she’s faced with other hurdles. LifeWay, one of the largest Christian bookstore chains in America, has chosen not to carry “A Year of Biblical Womanhood” because of its use of the word “vagina”

Woman Spends a Year Living According to the Bible Oddity Central - Collecting Oddities

Not if they intend to discriminate in the public arena against those who don't subscribe to their views.

In the most literal sense, every law discriminates in some way shape or form....

Forum List

Back