Gay Marriage - Question.....

Adults have to want advice. Children are a totally different story. Mine are my responsibility. Other peoples', as long as there isn't abuse involved, are their parents' responsibility.
Either way, allowing others to go down a destructive path is not love. We have an obligation as Christian's to warn them. And, everyone has free will choice to accept or reject God.
Warn all you want. My objection is to discrimination in the public arena. As long as no one is being harmed, your views are no better than anyone else's. Some denominations are opposed to certain medical practices. Should they be able impose them on the rest of us?

Your position is that, because her views are founded on religious beliefs, that they are INFERIOR to everyone else's.

You are the one trying to violate the constitution here, not her.
Just to be clear, her position is based on bigotry, not religion. She is only using religion to conceal her bigotry.

Adults have to want advice. Children are a totally different story. Mine are my responsibility. Other peoples', as long as there isn't abuse involved, are their parents' responsibility.
Either way, allowing others to go down a destructive path is not love. We have an obligation as Christian's to warn them. And, everyone has free will choice to accept or reject God.
Warn all you want. My objection is to discrimination in the public arena. As long as no one is being harmed, your views are no better than anyone else's. Some denominations are opposed to certain medical practices. Should they be able impose them on the rest of us?

Your position is that, because her views are founded on religious beliefs, that they are INFERIOR to everyone else's.

Just to be clear, her position is based on bigotry, not religion. She is only using religion to conceal her bigotry.

Just like the far left drones use their far left religion to cover their bigotry and hatred, as you keep displaying..

Wrong.

Religion is subjective and legally irrelevant. And private citizens who are critical of religion are not violating anyone's rights.

Religion is subjective and the free exercise of religion is protected by the constitution.

Being labeled a "theist" and thus being denied full participate in the political process because your belief system doesn't measure up to what libs think of as valid, is a violation of the religious person's rights.

You libs have no problem trying to "codify" your beliefs into law.

Religious people have the same right.

The Vegetarian hindu i mentioned. I'm sure there are all kind of lib policies he might support that would, if passed with his support, in effect be "codifying" his religious beliefs into law.

Say a tax on meat, pushed by libs for environmental reasons, he might support just because eating meat is against his religion, and he wants to increase the cost in the long term hopes of discouraging meat consumption.

IMO, that is well within his rights.

By your stated position, he is "codifying his religious dogma into secular law".

I respect his right to his culture, religion and to engage in the political process.

YOu want to make him a second class citizen.

WHo Konrad?

Her anti-christian bigotry is pretty obvious.

If that is who you are referring to.

Oh, i know that. I am just enjoying showing the hypocrisy of the left.

It boggles my mind how little self awareness they have.
And you think the right is any better?

OMG, totally.

We don't have the media/pop culture created echo chamber the left lives in where their preconceived notions are never challenged and instead are constantly pandered to.

OMG, totally.

We don't have the media/pop culture created echo chamber the left lives in where their preconceived notions are never challenged and instead are constantly pandered to.
Seems your lack of self awareness is just as obvious as what you project on the left. Case in point, the OP, who echoes the sentiment on gay marriage found rampant on the right, which is quite hypocritical indeed.

And why did you change the content of your earlier reply to me?

OMG, totally.

Seems your lack of self awareness is just as obvious as what you project on the left. Case in point, the OP, who echoes the sentiment on gay marriage found rampant on the right, which is quite hypocritical indeed.

I have actually become quite introspective in my middle age, and indeed one of the reasons i frequent sites such as this is to use you libs as an acid test for my positions, though you are generally disappointing in that regard.

As to my editing, i realized that i might have misunderstood your post initially.

... if you are not a Christian, or don't believe the Bible, why is it important to you to try to make it sound like God and/or the Bible is /does not condemn homosexuality?

If you don't believe, it should be irrelevant to you.
Why is it important to you that homos not collect the exact same government cash and prizes you do for being married? What do government marriage benefits which rain down from Caesar have to do with religion or the Bible?

To a Christian, marriage is not a legal arrangement. It is a strictly defined bonding of a man and a woman - as created by God. To a Christian, God's plan is perfect, so to deviate from that plan in any arena (personal or societal) means only ultimate failure and destruction can result.

That being said, out of love, they want what is best for this Country and for others, and that is to be obedient to God -

I understand that issue with this for those that do no believe in God, but, I would think that an open minded rational person could also understand this as well.

OMG, totally.

I have actually become quite introspective in my middle age, and indeed one of the reasons i frequent sites such as this is to use you libs as an acid test for my positions, though you are generally disappointing in that regard.

As to my editing, i realized that i might have misunderstood your post initially.
Perhaps some more introspection for you would be helpful then since anyone claiming their side (left or right) is less hypocritical than the other is lacking in self awareness.

... if you are not a Christian, or don't believe the Bible, why is it important to you to try to make it sound like God and/or the Bible is /does not condemn homosexuality?

People have agendas they will use any lever they can,regardless of the hypocrisy!!

Why is it important to you that homos not collect the exact same government cash and prizes you do for being married? What do government marriage benefits which rain down from Caesar have to do with religion or the Bible?

To a Christian, marriage is not a legal arrangement. It is a strictly defined bonding of a man and a woman - as created by God. To a Christian, God's plan is perfect, so to deviate from that plan in any arena (personal or societal) means only ultimate failure and destruction can result.

That being said, out of love, they want what is best for this Country and for others, and that is to be obedient to God -

I understand that issue with this for those that do no believe in God, but, I would think that an open minded rational person could also understand this as well.
That is why the Supreme Court decision was limited to state sanctioned marriages and not church sanctioned marriages.

As long as opponents to homosexuals do not bring up the Bible- I will not. I personally do not care what a persons religious beliefs are.

However, if someone uses the Bible as a rationalization here on the boards for why they believe homosexuals should be discriminated against- then I am fine with actually discussing what the Bible says.

Frankly- from the rhetoric of the Far Right Christians, an ignorant outsider would easily assume that homosexuality is one of the main themes of the Bible- and that Jesus's primary message was regarding homosexuality. Because that is what the Far Right Christians focus on.

But instead- the NT barely mentions homosexuality, and Jesus's own words are barely mentioned.

So to recap- I won't challenge your belief in what the Bible says if you don't cite the Bible as your reason to discriminate.

Homosexuality is discussed because it is the current hot topic.
If it were another issue (abortion) that was a current event hot topic, that would be brought forth.
I'll be happy to discuss any of the many sins mentioned in the Bible.
We all sin. It's not the sin as much as the Government making sins lawful, and, thus, having the 2 fold effect of (1) further advancing the trend toward a less moral society and (2) making something Christian's view as a sacred union between a man and a woman something entirely different.

Lastly, many Christian's believe that our Country was founded on Christian principles, and, that this is slipping away. Some people feel this is for the better, some not.

It's not (or should not be) about hatred, repression etc. Unfortunately, man will never manufacture a perfect society with perfect rules. God has, however, and, Christian's know that but - it won't come to be until after the End Times.

OMG, totally.

Perhaps some more introspection for you would be helpful then since anyone claiming their side (left or right) is less hypocritical than the other is lacking in self awareness.

it is only "lacking in self awareness" if it is easily demonstrated that both sides are equally hypocritical.

Can you support that?

I think the issue is this. You are thinking of marriage in terms of the benefits derived from legal decree.
Christian's think of marriage in terms of a Godly vow / institution. It is impossible for a Christian to view a marriage vow as anything OTHER than that. AND, even in spite of that, with it becoming legal, it tears down the moral fabric of our Country, and, trend toward more and more acceptability of sinful behaviors and lifestyles.

You think Christian's hate gays and that they don't want them to be treated equally.
In reality, they hate sin and moral depravity and hate to see it being more and more acceptable to society.

OMG, totally.

it is only "lacking in self awareness" if it is easily demonstrated that both sides are equally hypocritical.

Can you support that?
Measuring hypocrisy between the two sides is not quantifiable, which is why your attempt to do so is lacking in self awareness and why your challenge to prove otherwise is an appeal to a strawman.

Stop calling yourselves "Christian" if you are not practicing Christ's simple message of love and tolerance.

- A few words from Christ Himself:

Matthew 10: 34 -35

"Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law."

As long as opponents to homosexuals do not bring up the Bible- I will not. I personally do not care what a persons religious beliefs are.

However, if someone uses the Bible as a rationalization here on the boards for why they believe homosexuals should be discriminated against- then I am fine with actually discussing what the Bible says.

Frankly- from the rhetoric of the Far Right Christians, an ignorant outsider would easily assume that homosexuality is one of the main themes of the Bible- and that Jesus's primary message was regarding homosexuality. Because that is what the Far Right Christians focus on.

But instead- the NT barely mentions homosexuality, and Jesus's own words are barely mentioned.

So to recap- I won't challenge your belief in what the Bible says if you don't cite the Bible as your reason to discriminate.

Homosexuality is discussed because it is the current hot topic.
If it were another issue (abortion) that was a current event hot topic, that would be brought forth.
I'll be happy to discuss any of the many sins mentioned in the Bible.
We all sin. It's not the sin as much as the Government making sins lawful, and, thus, having the 2 fold effect of (1) further advancing the trend toward a less moral society and (2) making something Christian's view as a sacred union between a man and a woman something entirely different.

Lastly, many Christian's believe that our Country was founded on Christian principles, and, that this is slipping away. Some people feel this is for the better, some not.

It's not (or should not be) about hatred, repression etc. Unfortunately, man will never manufacture a perfect society with perfect rules. God has, however, and, Christian's know that but - it won't come to be until after the End Times.
Since we all sin, why do you only propose gays shouldn't be allowed to marry because they sin? What about wealthy people? What about athiests? What about everyone since everyone sins. If you were consistent in your beliefs, you would be against anyone from getting married since everyone sins. But you're not. You're only against those who sin by having gay sex as being allowed to marry. You're a hypocrite who hides her bigotry behind the veil of faith.

Romans 1: 26-7 declares homosexual desires and actions to be shameful, unnatural, lustful, and indecent. I Corinthians 6:9 states that homosexuals are unrighteous and will not inherit the kingdom of God. Since both homosexual desires and actions are condemned in the Bible, it is clear that homosexuals “marrying” is not God’s will, and would be, in fact, sinful.
It's not about having an excuse to be bigoted. Saying that is just trying to put Christian's in a negative light and is a generalization.

There ARE bigoted people out there (Christian and non-Christian).
TRUE Christian's know God's way is the ONLY way, and more importantly the BEST (perfect) way.
The Bible also says wealthy people can't get into heaven.

When are you going to start up some threads here pushing to ban wealthy people from getting married?

Jesus’ message is clear—it is impossible for anyone to be saved on his own merits.

Since wealth at that time was seen as proof of God’s approval, it was commonly taught by the rabbis that rich people were blessed by God and were, therefore, the most likely candidates for heaven. Jesus destroyed that notion, and along with it, the idea that anyone can earn eternal life. The disciples had the appropriate response to this startling statement. They were utterly amazed and asked, “Who then can be saved?” in the next verse. If the wealthy among them, which included the super-spiritual Pharisees and scribes, were unworthy of heaven, what hope was there for a poor man?

Jesus’ answer is the basis of the gospel: "With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God" (Matt 19:26).

Men are saved through God’s gifts of grace, mercy, and faith. Nothing we do earns salvation for us.

'

because part of the liberal gay agenda is the destruction of organized religion.

Forum List

Back