General on Benghazi : The point is we should have tried.

Wow, but you are fucking stupid.

The military has in place, plans to rescue Embassies. They only need two things.

Where and a green light from the White House.
I am still wondering who gave the Stand Down order.
We'll never know.
We know.

There was no stand down order.

Why aren't you guys paying attention to the reports and hearings? -- or is it you just get the spoonfed Issa and Fox version?

This wasn't an embassy.

It wasn't even a consulate.
So, you are reduced to playing games and attempting to splitting hairs.....

Benghazi Consulate Attack Fast Facts

Benghazi Consulate Attack Fast Facts - CNN.com

the rest of the world knows better.
There was no consolate in Benghazi.

"The world" could have looked up, as I did, days after the attack here:

Home | USEmbassy.gov and seen there was no consulate in Benghazi.

Doofus' like you keep calling it an embassy.

Language, son, language. Gedditrite.
I guess you are too ignorant to understand what a consulate is.

Consulate | Define Consulate at Dictionary.com

AL-wide-libya-us-consulate-20121009181700587897-620x349.jpg

dm-map-of-benghazi-consulate.jpg

Language...words mean things.....

Good day to you.

When your war mongering chickenhawks have a clean record. Start spewing your vile hatred towards others.Until then take a hike with your stupid comments that look at only one side of the spectrum.

Ever think to check which President(s) and Vice-President(s) have war criminal warrants out for them in other countries?
Try it you might find it enlightening.
Canadians Seek Dick Cheney's Arrest For War Crimes During Upcoming Visit
Will Dick Cheney be Arrested for War Crimes When He Comes to Toronto?
http://www.globalresearch.ca/will-d...r-war-crimes-when-he-comes-to-toronto/5355492

We know.

Why aren't you guys paying attention to the reports and hearings? -- or is it you just get the spoonfed Issa and Fox version?
You have no credibility.
They'll never stop defending this regime and it's criminals.

Last edited:
We know.

You have no credibility.
I guess the USA just puts Ambassadors in countries for the hell of it. They're just there. There is no embassy or consulates. Just free range Ambassadors.

But nothing came from the State Department. The violence was just a big fuss over a video after all:

A retired U.S. Air Force brigadier general who was on duty in Germany during the deadly Benghazi terrorist attack told Congress today that commanders discussed “what we should do” as they waited for orders from the State Department to help the beleaguered Americans.
But the request for help never came from the State Department, Ret. USAF Brigadier Gen. Robert Lovell testified before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.
“There are accounts of time, space and capability, discussions of the question, ‘could we have gotten there in time to make a difference?’” Lovell testified. “The discussion is not could or could not of time, space and capability. The point is we should have tried.”
Lovell was on duty at AFRICOM headquarters in Germany during the Sept. 11, 2012 attack that killed U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans. The AFRICOM command was responsible for region that included Libya. The Pentagon take steps to move assets as the attack proceeded, but they were aimed for Tripoli, not Benghazi.
“We didn’t know how long this would last when we became aware of the distress, nor did we completely understand what we had in front of us, be it a kidnapping, rescue, recovery, protracted hostile engagement, or any or all of the above,” he added.
As the attack unfolded, Lovell, who was not in the chain of operational command, said command held discussions “that churned on about what we should do.”
“The predisposition to interagency influence had the military structure in the spirit of expeditionary government support waiting for a request for assistance from the State Department,” he said.

U.S. General Tells Congress: ?We Should Have Tried? In Benghazi - ABC News

"What difference does it make?", asked Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

I agree - we should have at least tried

I have no idea what kind of woman Jillian is, but I found her response patently ignorant. What should someone make of somone dismissing of the opinion of the general stationed in Germany and responsible for any rescue mission because 'he wasn't there'?

Anyway, is she one of the local hags I hear of? I didn't coin that btw.

No one on USMB is a hag. Defend the General's pov and carry on.
What reason would I have for defending the general's POV? Because he wasn't in the compound with Stevens and the three others that died? Seriously?!

At least educate yourself on the events. Stephens and Smith were killed at the Consulate building from smoke inhalation when the rioting mob set the place on fire. They had made their way to the safe room, unfortunately, the safe rooms exhaust fans had not been installed, else they too would have been alive when rescue came from the CIA Annex personnel and their Libyan allies. The other two were killed when the response team sent from Tripoli finally made it's way to the Annex building. They were on the roof of a building when they got hit by mortars.

I guess the USA just puts Ambassadors in countries for the hell of it. They're just there. There is no embassy or consulates. Just free range Ambassadors.
Maybe they're there on vacation or something? :eusa_shifty::eusa_silenced:
Ooo...maybe Stevens was a phoney Ambassador and that is why they claim its a phoney scandal. Obama really didn't just abandon a US Ambassador cause there wasn't one supposed to be there! And damn it, there was an election to be won!

So, you are reduced to playing games and attempting to splitting hairs.....

Benghazi Consulate Attack Fast Facts

Benghazi Consulate Attack Fast Facts - CNN.com

the rest of the world knows better.

Good day to you.
:lol:

DarkWit pulls up dictionary definition. Can't locate Benghazi consulate on our list of Embassies and Consulates at USEmbassy.gov.

Also, too - can't read:

Accountability Review Board and the Senate Homeland Security Committee report:

“In December 2011, the Under Secretary for Management approved a one-year continuation of the U.S. Special Mission in Benghazi, which was never a consulate and never formally notified to the Libyan government.” (ARB)

“The attacks in Benghazi occurred at two different locations: a Department of State ‘Temporary Mission Facility’ and an Annex facility (‘Annex’) approximately a mile away used by another agency of the United States Government.” (Senate report).

It was a CIA operation at a Mission facility and annex.

Three strikes: Yerout.

Maybe they're there on vacation or something? :eusa_shifty::eusa_silenced:
Ooo...maybe Stevens was a phoney Ambassador and that is why they claim its a phoney scandal. Obama really didn't just abandon a US Ambassador cause there wasn't one supposed to be there! And damn it, there was an election to be won!
Yep. The CYA factor coming from these progs is something that I have never seen before. And what's scary is the tools on these boards defending it.

Good day to you.

DarkWit pulls up dictionary definition. Can't locate Benghazi consulate on our list of Embassies and Consulates at USEmbassy.gov.

Also, too - can't read:

“In December 2011, the Under Secretary for Management approved a one-year continuation of the U.S. Special Mission in Benghazi, which was never a consulate and never formally notified to the Libyan government.” (ARB)

“The attacks in Benghazi occurred at two different locations: a Department of State ‘Temporary Mission Facility’ and an Annex facility (‘Annex’) approximately a mile away used by another agency of the United States Government.” (Senate report).

Oh look...She pulls up a government definition from....wait for it......the STATE DEPARTMENT! A definition that was given 4 months AFTER the consulate was attacked.

Yeah, you win.....You are so effin gullible its a wonder your allowed to surf the interwebs.....

I have a couple of environmental impact studies and some global warming research from Shell Oil I want to show you....

Last edited:
No one on USMB is a hag. Defend the General's pov and carry on.
What reason would I have for defending the general's POV? Because he wasn't in the compound with Stevens and the three others that died? Seriously?!

At least educate yourself on the events. Stephens and Smith were killed at the Consulate building from smoke inhalation when the rioting mob set the place on fire. They had made their way to the safe room, unfortunately, the safe rooms exhaust fans had not been installed, else they too would have been alive when rescue came from the CIA Annex personnel and their Libyan allies. The other two were killed when the response team sent from Tripoli finally made it's way to the Annex building. They were on the roof of a building when they got hit by mortars.

Has an autopsy report on Stephens been released? If not then you cannot know how he died.

Look at all the "controversies" with this attack

They called it a demonstration - Oh no!
They blamed it on a video - The Horror
Talking points changed - Who does that?
They couldve done more - Thats always the case.

So what do we have. Something went down and cons only answer is "something else shouldve been done"

And that is the "scandal"

Good day to you.

Also, too - can't read:

Oh look...She pulls up a government definition from....wait for it......the STATE DEPARTMENT! A definition that was given 4 months AFTER the consulate was attacked.

Yeah, you win.....You are so effin gullible its a wonder your allowed to surf the interwebs.....

I have a couple of environmental impact studies and some global warming research from Shell Oil I want to show you....
^^ Everyone watch the bozo go hummanah hummmanah ...then lash out like a toddler.

Whaaaa!

Words have meaning, chld.

There was no consulate. It was a CIA mission house. Hence the secrecy.

If you can't understand those simple facts, there's not much one can do to make the horsey drink.

You wuz led to water.

I have a question for Ret. USAF Brigadier Gen. Robert Lovell

He has had a year and a half to analyze the situation and has all the facts at his disposal. What should that rescue attempt have looked like?

Every minute counts and you have to put together a rescue plan that will drop SEALS at the Benghazi airport miles away from the embassy. There are no helicopters and no armored vehicles at their disposal. They have to hike in, execute a rescue and then hike out with the embassy staff.

If it is so easy, can someone on this board explain how the rescue should have been conducted?

I would send over some of the guys at the CIA Annex with as many of the Libyan Militia as I could trust and retake the Consulate and search for survivors. Then I'd take them back to the fortified Annex building and wait for the Calvary to arrive and evacuate everybody to Tripoli.

Wait a minute, that's what happened, never mind.......:D

that's nice

someone who wasn't there has an opinion.

you know what they say about opinions, right?

what did the general think of baby bush's 13 benghazzis?
I know when I read the scribbling of assholes. Fortunately, the weather's warm and the windows are open.

Are you one of USMB's hags?

Thumbs down on this meathead.

No call for going postal on Jillian here. If her points are bad, then expose them. Doesn't help your argument to expose what you did here.

I believe we should have tried. I believe the soldiers on the rescue team who's lives would have been put in danger would have wanted to go.

None of us were there and none of us have access to all the information, but I'd like to think that if the decision had been mine, I would have at least started moving some stuff into position.

Last edited:
So Hillary and Barry knew this while they were developing plans in Germany? Please! Insult your own intelligence but not that of others. They had no idea of what was going to happen in terms of time or result, but they didn't even try.

Yeah, we know - what difference does it make.

That doesn't look like a rescue plan to me

If it is so easy, tell me how you would have executed a successful rescue.
Keep in mind, the lives of the resuce team need to be considered
Wow, but you are fucking stupid.

The military has in place, plans to rescue Embassies. They only need two things.

Where and a green light from the White House.

Fine

Lets hear your plan then. You are a six hour flight away and must land at Benghazi airport miles away from the embassy. You have no helicopters and no armored vehicles. Tell me how you rescue the embassy staff and tell me about your expected casualties

Forum List

Back