General on Benghazi : The point is we should have tried.

Since we are playing "what if" with Benghazi...

"What if" we sent in an unsupported, poorly planned rescue mission into Benghazi and ended up with 30 dead SEALs?

Would Issa still be conducting his Witch Hunt?
Survey says: Yes.

The economy is in the toilet, job numbers are pathetic, the geopolitical situation in europe and the ME is in shambles, illegals are flooding across the boarder, Obama Care is destroying the medical profession, etc, etc, etc.

And all the Republicans want to do is focus on Benghazi, Benghazi, Benghazi..... . :cuckoo:

Give it a break guys......Benghazi is yesterdays news.....and the majority of the American public just doesn't care about Benghazi.

I say this as a long time conservative Republican.......it's time to move on and tackle the real issues that are killing America.

Cause this Benghazi issue is a non starter. . :cool:

No one on USMB is a hag. Defend the General's pov and carry on.
What reason would I have for defending the general's POV? Because he wasn't in the compound with Stevens and the three others that died? Seriously?!

The General said, The point is we should have tried. Are you suggesting we shouldn't have? If you are then you are right. You can't defend the General's pov.
Obviously I agree with the general. We should have tried, but didn't. I am not defending anything, nor do I feel compelled to.

that's nice

someone who wasn't there has an opinion.

you know what they say about opinions, right?

what did the general think of baby bush's 13 benghazzis?

So Issa comes up with a one star General who Monday morning QBs Benghazi

Imagine if we ran 9-11 through all of these "what ifs" ?

Liberals did, in fact we are still hearing about them.

that's nice

someone who wasn't there has an opinion.

you know what they say about opinions, right?

what did the general think of baby bush's 13 benghazzis?

How many Congressional hearings were held on 9-11 vs what we have seen so far on Benghazi?

30 Navy Seals would have prevailed and saved their lives most likely. The problem is there was never any order given. The State Department failed miserably.

Yes, because rescue missions always go off without a hitch

Ask Jimmy Carter

I have a question for Ret. USAF Brigadier Gen. Robert Lovell

He has had a year and a half to analyze the situation and has all the facts at his disposal. What should that rescue attempt have looked like?

Every minute counts and you have to put together a rescue plan that will drop SEALS at the Benghazi airport miles away from the embassy. There are no helicopters and no armored vehicles at their disposal. They have to hike in, execute a rescue and then hike out with the embassy staff.

If it is so easy, can someone on this board explain how the rescue should have been conducted?

He has had a year and a half to analyze the situation and has all the facts at his disposal. What should that rescue attempt have looked like?

Every minute counts and you have to put together a rescue plan that will drop SEALS at the Benghazi airport miles away from the embassy. There are no helicopters and no armored vehicles at their disposal. They have to hike in, execute a rescue and then hike out with the embassy staff.

If it is so easy, can someone on this board explain how the rescue should have been conducted?
So Hillary and Barry knew this while they were developing plans in Germany? Please! Insult your own intelligence but not that of others. They had no idea of what was going to happen in terms of time or result, but they didn't even try.

Yeah, we know - what difference does it make.

So Hillary and Barry knew this while they were developing plans in Germany? Please! Insult your own intelligence but not that of others. They had no idea of what was going to happen in terms of time or result, but they didn't even try.

Yeah, we know - what difference does it make.

That doesn't look like a rescue plan to me

If it is so easy, tell me how you would have executed a successful rescue.
Keep in mind, the lives of the resuce team need to be considered

The General is right and the blame falls on the State Dept. The State Dept. should have responded immediately. They did respond with a decision by not acting. That decision was to refuse help. This isn't anything new for them. The reason we turned the Jews back to Hitler and refused them refuge was the State Department insisted the president listen to them and not save the Jews. It isn't the first time lives have been lost because of them.
The Jewish National Congress didn't want the Juden rescued and brought to America.

They wanted a large number of jews to stay in europe and be sacrificed to the Nazi's war machine.

So that when the war ended many people would feel sympathy for the jews and award them Palestine in order to make up for their suffering. . :doubt:

^ troll post is FAIL. Why you return to the forum again after having a hissy fit :crybaby: & leaving?

The General is right and the blame falls on the State Dept. The State Dept. should have responded immediately. They did respond with a decision by not acting. That decision was to refuse help. This isn't anything new for them. The reason we turned the Jews back to Hitler and refused them refuge was the State Department insisted the president listen to them and not save the Jews. It isn't the first time lives have been lost because of them.
The Jewish National Congress didn't want the Juden rescued and brought to America.

They wanted a large number of jews to stay in europe and be sacrificed to the Nazi's war machine.

So that when the war ended many people would feel sympathy for the jews and award them Palestine in order to make up for their suffering. . :doubt:

^ troll post is FAIL. Why you return to the forum again after having a hissy fit :crybaby: & leaving?

silly left-wing losers; it isnt "fail" because you say so. in fact normal people can always tell when the truth is hitting left-wing losers fard

I am not a military planner, but the general was. He said we should have tried and I concur. You are obviously think that sacrificing the lives of those American was the best option.

I am not a military planner, but the general was. He said we should have tried and I concur. You are obviously think that sacrificing the lives of those American was the best option.

Hillary Clinton had one hour to get wheels off the ground with a rescue mission. Republicans have had a year and a half to look at all the data available

Why is it so hard for anyone to tell me how a successful rescue mission would have been executed

Keep in mind, if it fails and 30 SEALs are killed, we have a much worse situation than Benghazi

Nutters need to decide what they want the scandal to be.

Do they want it to be one of a failed response to the attack ( Hillary's fault).....or one of a political cover up to prevent an election loss ( Obama's fault)?

Neither is supported by the facts.....but you all are harming your chances of making something stick by trying to kill two politicians with one stone. Focus, nutters. Focus.

How many Congressional hearings were held on 9-11 vs what we have seen so far on Benghazi?

^ that

070504911commission.jpg

Hillary Clinton had one hour to get wheels off the ground with a rescue mission. Republicans have had a year and a half to look at all the data available

Why is it so hard for anyone to tell me how a successful rescue mission would have been executed

Keep in mind, if it fails and 30 SEALs are killed, we have a much worse situation than Benghazi

has it been mentioned by the rw'ers that the two attacks lasted a grand total of 20 mins & the aircraft were on the other side of the Mediterranean Sea (IOW's- hours away[ I read 6 hrs somewhere months & months ago WHEN THIS USED TO BE AN ISSUE]?

I would have had my exit strategy in place first and then went in with or without the order. The provision that it must be a successful rescue is not a factor, RW. It is better than doing nothing which is precisely what the State Dept. did. May the same fate fall upon the sons and daughters of all who were complicit in that decision. They thought it right to do this to the Americans they were responsible for. Let the weight of that bad decision roll back on them personally. Why should all America pay the consequences for a few evil men and women?

I would have had my exit strategy in place first and then went in with or without the order. The provision that it must be a successful rescue is not a factor, RW. It is better than doing nothing which is precisely what the State Dept. did. May the same fate fall upon the sons and daughters of all who were complicit in that decision. They thought it right to do this to the Americans they were responsible for. Let the weight of that bad decision roll back on them personally. Why should all America pay the consequences for a few evil men and women?

That is why you are not a commander

Chance of success is definitely a factor when you send soldiers into harms way

Jillian is a nice woman, Meathead. She sees things differently from you politically but her reply to your thread was free of any insults or PA's. I noticed that. Did you?
I have no idea what kind of woman Jillian is, but I found her response patently ignorant. What should someone make of somone dismissing of the opinion of the general stationed in Germany and responsible for any rescue mission because 'he wasn't there'?

Anyway, is she one of the local hags I hear of? I didn't coin that btw.

No one on USMB is a hag. Defend the General's pov and carry on.

I beg to differ, go to the flame zone, that's where they hangout. That and in the gay marriage
Threads.

Forum List

Back