George Will stuns Fox panel: ‘Preposterous’ that U.S. can’t shelter child refugees fr

Of course we are a nation of laws...and one of those current laws involves what to do with refugee children. You know...the one passed in 2008 with bi-partisan support?

But in the meantime...please continue with the mean spiritness....it's enlightening as to the brand of christian we have here at USMB. :D

And interviews show the vast majority do not qualify under the 2008 law, they came because they bought the lies that they would be given a free pass. Those do not qualify as refugees, of course the facts don't fit your propaganda and you will continue the lie.

More conditions....Jesus sure left a lot of important stuff out.

Really, can't break my argument so you just mouth off. Keep on lying, you're sooooo good at it.

Remember all the conditions Jesus put on helping the helpless, feeding the hungry, taking care of those who cannot care for themselves? Yeah...I don't remember them either.

Except Jesus wasn't talking to any nation, Jesus was talking to the individual. You are to help out where and when you see it, you don't appoint someone else to do it for you with other people's money. Why is that concept so difficult to understand?

Suppose we did keep all of these kids here then what? What message do you think that sends not just to Central America but all around the world? Basically your telling the world if you can get across the border it does not matter if it's legally or illegally by hook or crook you can stay. People seriously think about what we would have to deal with then and also consider the danger these people would be in with the human smugglers who would surly take advantage of them.

Group of Illegal Aliens from Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka Caught Entering Texas from Mexico

Remember all the conditions Jesus put on helping the helpless, feeding the hungry, taking care of those who cannot care for themselves? Yeah...I don't remember them either.

We are a Nation of Laws, not Religion, remember?

Or have you conveniently forgotten that point.

But then if you really want to make the Bible our law book, .... You better start building more jails. A lot more people will be in them.

It's a Saul Alinsky 'Rules for Radicals' tactic, beat them with their own rule book. Now that they are making the 'rules', it's going to come back to bite them in the ass someday soon.

Mathew 19:14

King James Bible
But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
The Bible verse is about not to deny children the opportunity to know Jesus.

And has absolutely zero to do with immigration or illegal aliens. .. :cuckoo:

:lol: They don't want to hear that, don't ruin their fun! :eusa_shhh:

That dealt with children being used in sex trafficking. None of these kids have been. Most of these "Kids" are teens and a lot of them are gang members.

I don't see you offering up your house to take in these "kids".. Why not?

Not a christian....not trying to tote christian values while being mega-hypocritical about what jesus preached.

Next question?

I honestly don't understand how they can look themselves in the mirror or sleep at night knowing in their hearts how much they are betraying their religion. They keep saying this is a Christian nation, how the founding fathers were all Christians and put Christian values into the documents that created our nation. But when it comes to actually living by those values, it's pick and choose which one is more or less to their liking.

Aw, cry me a river, you're just such a caring person, aren't you? No one is betraying their religion you idiot, and if they were, you would be the last person who could logically or intelligently decide that.

Our country is our house. They are at our house, knocking on our door and asking for help.

Mathew 19:14

King James Bible
But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

I assume you're also okay with conservatives using the Bible to justify their opposition to abortion and homosexual marriage as well, correct?

Where does the Bible actualy condemn homosexual marriage and abortion? Speak directly to either issue?

This post is a classical representation why you should not speak regarding the Christian religion or the Bible. Please do us all a favor, and stick to what you know sweetheart. :lol:

Not a christian....not trying to tote christian values while being mega-hypocritical about what jesus preached.

Next question?

I honestly don't understand how they can look themselves in the mirror or sleep at night knowing in their hearts how much they are betraying their religion. They keep saying this is a Christian nation, how the founding fathers were all Christians and put Christian values into the documents that created our nation. But when it comes to actually living by those values, it's pick and choose which one is more or less to their liking.

just understand these "Christians" make up the guidelines of their religion as they go along depending on party line talking points ...

Well, how about that? Another non-Christian expert on Christianity!! They're everywhere! :eek:

You are truly a student of Alinsky, aren't you?

I have no idea who this person is. I do have a pretty good idea what kind of person you are, however. Not someone on whom in real life I would waste more than a minute of my time. You don't know how to think. You are angry to the bottom of your soul. You are a complete partisan. You are a total hypocrite. And you are a fool. And you are on ignore. Such as you are so deeply tiresome to deal with.

And you're calling them angry??? This is like comedy hour in here!! :D

More of those conditions that I don't recall jesus talking about. :D

You do know that Jesus was talking about Individuals doing that, not Governments, right?

So when are you going to accept these "Refugees" into your home and make them your responsibility?

Governments not made of people....ok....do continue with the conditions. I'm sure Jesus just forgot to mention them. :D

:banghead:

Why do people insist on trying to be experts on topics that they have no knowledge of?

Of course we are a nation of laws...and one of those current laws involves what to do with refugee children. You know...the one passed in 2008 with bi-partisan support?

But in the meantime...please continue with the mean spiritness....it's enlightening as to the brand of christian we have here at USMB. :D

And interviews show the vast majority do not qualify under the 2008 law, they came because they bought the lies that they would be given a free pass. Those do not qualify as refugees, of course the facts don't fit your propaganda and you will continue the lie.

More conditions....Jesus sure left a lot of important stuff out.

Do you just assume that everyone who opposes your view is a Christian?

I have no idea who this person is. I do have a pretty good idea what kind of person you are, however. Not someone on whom in real life I would waste more than a minute of my time. You don't know how to think. You are angry to the bottom of your soul. You are a complete partisan. You are a total hypocrite. And you are a fool. And you are on ignore. Such as you are so deeply tiresome to deal with.

Esmeralda is a candidate for "Watters World"

Again, I have no idea who this person is. You all are pathetic in your little two dimensional world of partiship, of right and left, not to mention having no idea of the world outside of America. Just absolutely pathetic you are, one and all.

Such hate.... :eusa_naughty:

Marginal Christianity: George Will stuns Fox panel: ?Preposterous? that U.S. can?t shelter child refugees from violence

-----------------------------------------
Ah Conservative George! Hate him or love him, he's certainly Right on this issue! KUDOS to him!

Go ahead, set the precedent. You get here and you win. Forget our rules and laws and regulations. You get in, you stay. There could never be any negative repercussion to a precedent like that. Laws are really just suggestions anyways.

George Will lost his conservative roots years ago.. He's more Liberal than Conservative and has been for a long time.
George Will never touched upon the looming issue of precedent. While it's true the U.S. could manage to shelter these 60,000 Central Americans, what do we do when the rest of the world gets the word that the U.S. is open to its oppressed populations?

There are young Africans who live under the constant threat of being raped, murdered, mutilated and/or enslaved. Millions of them. And while it is not commonly known, at least half the population of India is so impoverished they have no toilet facilities and routinely defecate in the streets. What do we do when these millions begin streaming in demanding amnesty under the Wilberforce Act?

We know the Wilberforce Act refers to victims of trafficking, but how do we know who are legitimate victims of trafficking and who are not? And the only way of determining this under the present circumstances is by processing each individual, an effort which, even if it were possible to make useful determinations in this way, which is isn't, would take years to process those we are dealing with now. So where do we keep them while this "processing" is going on?

And what will we do with all the Africans and Indians who are poised to follow these Central Americans if we submit to Obama's obvious plan?

For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in.

Matthew 25:35

George Will lost his conservative roots years ago.. He's more Liberal than Conservative and has been for a long time.
George Will never touched upon the looming issue of precedent. While it's true the U.S. could manage to shelter these 60,000 Central Americans, what do we do when the rest of the world gets the word that the U.S. is open to its oppressed populations?

There are young Africans who live under the constant threat of being raped, murdered, mutilated and/or enslaved. Millions of them. And while it is not commonly known, at least half the population of India is so impoverished they have no toilet facilities and routinely defecate in the streets. What do we do when these millions begin streaming in demanding amnesty under the Wilberforce Act?

We know the Wilberforce Act refers to victims of trafficking, but how do we know who are legitimate victims of trafficking and who are not? And the only way of determining this under the present circumstances is by processing each individual, an effort which, even if it were possible to make useful determinations in this way, which is isn't, would take years to process those we are dealing with now. So where do we keep them while this "processing" is going on?

And what will we do with all the Africans and Indians who are poised to follow these Central Americans if we submit to Obama's obvious plan?

They don't care about the details, they really only care because this is something they think they can use as a moral issue to make conservatives look 'mean' because we expect people to act responsibily. It's the same with every other issue they support, it boils down to not having to face the consequences of your actions. Pregnant - get an abortion, out of work - sit and collect unemployment for years; then collect welfare, no insurance - the government will provide it, and on and on and on. It's like being a parent to a child where the other parent constantly lets the child do whatever they want, have whatever they want, no consequences for their actions, etc.. in order to win the 'love' and 'loyalty' of the child over to them and be the 'fun parent' all the time, and the other parent, who does actually care for the well being of the child by teaching them morals and self reliance is made out to be the 'bad guy'. It's a no win situation. We live with a nation of people who have the mentality of small children.

Last edited:
Esmeralda is a candidate for "Watters World"

Again, I have no idea who this person is. You all are pathetic in your little two dimensional world of partiship, of right and left, not to mention having no idea of the world outside of America. Just absolutely pathetic you are, one and all.

Now you are trying to play a stupid little game of throwing it back on me but it doesn't work. It is clear from the posts by conservatives in this thread who is full of hate. It is made clear when your hypocrisy is pointed out, and you get very defensive about it, who is full of hate.

What I am is exasperated trying to have an intelligent and logical dialogue with people who refuse to or are unable to respond in kind. You have no critical thinking skills. You are locked into blind partisanship. You live in a little two dimensional world which is controlled, in your mind, by either the left or the right of the political spectrum. Nothing else exists for you.

You accuse me of being influenced by people I have never heard of. You assume I have some knowledge of your rightwing media when I don't even watch American TV or live in America.

You are completely unable to think outside your little box of a prison you've got implanted in your skull instead of a brain. And it is tiresome in the extreme to try to discuss anything with people like you.

Not hatred: you're not worth it. But you are extremely tiresome.

For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in.

Matthew 25:35

Continue to show your lack of understanding of scripture and Chritianity, it's quite amusing! :D

So, lets pretend you actually believe in God, and what Jesus taught for a minute. Let's pretend you've just left your earthly body and are standing in the presence of Christ for judgement on your life, i.e. Judgement Day. Do you think you're going to have check marks in the column for 'Helping Others' for having paid your taxes, and because the nation you happened to live in took in immigrant children? Serious question!

The Act also references POTENTIONAL victims, it needs Amendment(.)

Now you are trying to play a stupid little game of throwing it back on me but it doesn't work. It is clear from the posts by conservatives in this thread who is full of hate. It is made clear when your hypocrisy is pointed out, and you get very defensive about it, who is full of hate.

What I am is exasperated trying to have an intelligent and logical dialogue with people who refuse to or are unable to respond in kind. You have no critical thinking skills. You are locked into blind partisanship. You live in a little two dimensional world which is controlled, in your mind, by either the left or the right of the political spectrum. Nothing else exists for you.

You accuse me of being influenced by people I have never heard of. You assume I have some knowledge of your rightwing media when I don't even watch American TV or live in America.

You are completely unable to think outside your little box of a prison you've got implanted in your skull instead of a brain. And it is tiresome in the extreme to try to discuss anything with people like you.

Not hatred: you're not worth it. But you are extremely tiresome.

Why don't you address any of the posts asking serious questions about where this ends? Why not address my post about open borders? Is that what you advocate? Any down trodden person anywhere on the planet is welcome to come and be harbored here, no restrictions?

Not to mention that years ago, 'liberals' used to abhor moral superiority, told people to keep their morals to themselves,guess they've done a 180 on that concept! :lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back