God; a good father or a deadbeat dad. Which is the truth?

The use of the term Father in speaking of God is quite ancient and was around way before Jesus started using the term, even though he used son of man a lot more than son of God.

Moses 7:35
35 Behold, I am God; Man of Holiness is my name; Man of Counsel is my name; and Endless and Eternal is my name, also.

Moses 6:57
57 Wherefore teach it unto your children, that all men, everywhere, must repent, or they can in nowise inherit the kingdom of God, for no unclean thing can dwell there, or dwell in his presence; for, in the language of Adam, Man of Holiness is his name, and the name of his Only Begotten is the Son of Man, even Jesus Christ, a righteous Judge, who shall come in the meridian of time.

In the language of Adam, God the Father's name is 'Man of Holiness' and the name of Jesus Christ is 'Son of Man'. Jesus is referring to himself as the Son of the Man of Holiness. God the Father is an exalted man and we are created in his very likeness and image.

A son calling someone father in the proud way Jesus did is respecting a worthy father, but if we look at Yahweh, I do not see how anyone could be proud of such a father.

First off, Yahweh is not God the Father. Yahweh is Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ as the word of God has the authority to speak in the first person as God the Father. Yahweh is Jehovah or the Great I AM. Jesus taught that he was I AM in John 8:57-59. When ever you see LORD in capital letters in the old testament, it is Jehovah or Yahweh (Jesus Christ in his pre-mortal state of being).[/QUOTE]

Yahweh is definitely portrayed as being quite vile thanks to his use of genocide, infanticide and punishing the innocent instead of the guilty quite often. Yahweh is also shown to covet Joseph’s wife, cuckold Joseph, produce a son and then take off for parts unknown leaving his responsibility for his son to others thus showing himself to be a deadbeat dad.

It always amazes me how people like to hold God to mortal standards. God knows that we are immortal beings by nature and that he is giving all of us immortality to be joined to our bodies through the resurrection for eternity. Thus, in the eternal perspective of things, God is not held to the mortal law of 'thou shalt not kill' but is the overseer of mortal life and it is his responsibility to give and take life to fulfill the purpose of this mortal stage of eternity. God is God and does what is necessary to fulfill what is need in this life and is not here to be another mortal or be judged by them.

To think that God the Father 'took off' and did not raise his son shows a lack of understanding the scriptures. Throughout Jesus' life he spent a great deal of time praying to his Father in heaven. When he was young, his mother lost track of him and eventually found him in the temple doing his Father in heaven's business.

Luke 2:41-52
41 Now his parents went to Jerusalem every year at the feast of the passover.
42 And when he was twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem after the custom of the feast.
43 And when they had fulfilled the days, as they returned, the child Jesus tarried behind in Jerusalem; and Joseph and his mother knew not of it.
44 But they, supposing him to have been in the company, went a day’s journey; and they sought him among their kinsfolk and acquaintance.
45 And when they found him not, they turned back again to Jerusalem, seeking him.
46 And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions.
47 And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers.
48 And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing.
49 And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father’s business?
50 And they understood not the saying which he spake unto them.
51 And he went down with them, and came to Nazareth, and was subject unto them: but his mother kept all these sayings in her heart.
52 And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.

Surely God the Father was quite active in raising his Only Begotten Son in the Flesh. Jesus now sits on the right hand of the Father is the judge of all mankind.

Scripture say that we are all sons of God. To be relevant to his children, a father has to be around to interact with them. It seems that God does not want to be relevant to us as he remains absent and places us, his children, at the mercy of people who have written scripture more to enrich themselves than to give us the messages from God that they claim to know. Even though scriptures say that God id unknowable and unfathomable and his desires cannot be known.

I believe that Jesus had much more interaction with his Father than any father on this earth has with his son or daughter. He could not make a statement like if God was not with him:

John 8:29
29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

My analysis of the bible and God does not show God to be a good father.

I think you need to study the scriptures in more depth to gain a better understanding of them.

The truth doesn't care if you are impressed with it. It simply is.

He sacrificed Himself because He loves you
Jesus died on the cross in a diaper to pay for my sins, so since that bill is paid, all sinning is IRRELEVANT!!!

If all sinning is irrelevant, then why will God hold a judgement?

2 Corinthians 5:10
10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Revelation 20:12-13
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

It is a false notion to think that we are automatically forgiven of sin because Jesus atoned for the sins of the world. His atonement won him the right to forgive sin and not that he distributes forgiveness automatically. One must repent by confessing and forsaking his sin before Jesus will forgive. For this reason Jesus taught:

Matthew 4:17
17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Luke 13:3,5

3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Acts 3:19
19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
That's men writing so that you're afraid of their made up god. Has nothing to do with a real god.

The use of the term Father in speaking of God is quite ancient and was around way before Jesus started using the term, even though he used son of man a lot more than son of God.

A son calling someone father in the proud way Jesus did is respecting a worthy father, but if we look at Yahweh, I do not see how anyone could be proud of such a father.

Yahweh is definitely portrayed as being quite vile thanks to his use of genocide, infanticide and punishing the innocent instead of the guilty quite often. Yahweh is also shown to covet Joseph’s wife, cuckold Joseph, produce a son and then take off for parts unknown leaving his responsibility for his son to others thus showing himself to be a deadbeat dad.

Scripture say that we are all sons of God. To be relevant to his children, a father has to be around to interact with them. It seems that God does not want to be relevant to us as he remains absent and places us, his children, at the mercy of people who have written scripture more to enrich themselves than to give us the messages from God that they claim to know. Even though scriptures say that God id unknowable and unfathomable and his desires cannot be known.

Do you, as a child of God, see God as a good father or as more of a deadbeat dad?

Regards

DL
the god of the old testament is satan

Do you, as a child of God, see God as a good father or as more of a deadbeat dad?

Regards

DL

You insult Satan. She is not nearly the prick that Yahweh is.

Few recognize the fact that Catholics view Satan as female but if you have a look at their expulsion painting in the Vatican collection, Satan is clearly female.

I think they did it subliminally and purposely.

Regards
DL

The truth doesn't care if you are impressed with it. It simply is.

He sacrificed Himself because He loves you
Jesus died on the cross in a diaper to pay for my sins, so since that bill is paid, all sinning is IRRELEVANT!!!

If all sinning is irrelevant, then why will God hold a judgement?

2 Corinthians 5:10
10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Revelation 20:12-13
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

It is a false notion to think that we are automatically forgiven of sin because Jesus atoned for the sins of the world. His atonement won him the right to forgive sin and not that he distributes forgiveness automatically. One must repent by confessing and forsaking his sin before Jesus will forgive. For this reason Jesus taught:

Matthew 4:17
17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Luke 13:3,5
3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye
repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Acts 3:19
19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
That's men writing so that you're afraid of their made up god. Has nothing to do with a real god.

Thumpers like our friend always run from discussions, as you can see.

Thump and run is their forte.

Regards
DL

At the point in time when you cross over you will know the truth but it may be too late...take the opportunity that you have now to believe...God and heaven are real and so is hell...please prepare...

Do you, as a child of God, see God as a good father or as more of a deadbeat dad
God, the Father, is father of Jesus and those who have the Holy Spirit. He is not your father. All of humanity have the devil as their father.

Except you have the Spirit of Christ, you are none of His.

The God of the OT is the very same one that was born, Jesus (Yeshua).

Funny that so many think THAT Being was "evil" while the man, Jesus, was different.

Wait till He returns as the King of kings and Lord of lords. If you fight against Him, you won't like your fate.

Funny that so many think THAT Being was "evil" while the man, Jesus, was different.

Wait till He returns as the King of kings and Lord of lords. If you fight against Him, you won't like your fate.
jehova not yahway was satan

funny little jew hating scum, aren't you? :rofl:

oh right, you're the anti-semite who decided Fred trump was a jew.

:rofl:

wow why would youeven begin to say that

Regards

DL

You insult Satan. She is not nearly the prick that Yahweh is.

Few recognize the fact that Catholics view Satan as female but if you have a look at their expulsion painting in the Vatican collection, Satan is clearly female.

I think they did it subliminally and purposely.

Regards
DL

Regards

DL

the term "father" -----in semitic languages -----is used as an honorific-----sorta-----it is not always confined
to the guy who donated some chromosomes even -----ON EARTH The term you write out as YAHWEH --
is not really a name. It is a weird declension of the verb TO BE (I think---don't quote me) It is not
a chromosome donor

At the point in time when you cross over you will know the truth but it may be too late...take the opportunity that you have now to believe...God and heaven are real and so is hell...please prepare...

Only a real prick of a God would torture people without a purpose after death in a hell.

Only a degenerate mind would follow such a God.

I guess you wish to live forever knowing that most of your friends and family are being torture purposely beneath you.

You might wonder why your view of heaven and hell would be rejected by moral and sane people.

Regards
DL

Do you, as a child of God, see God as a good father or as more of a deadbeat dad
God, the Father, is father of Jesus and those who have the Holy Spirit. He is not your father. All of humanity have the devil as their father.

Except you have the Spirit of Christ, you are none of His.

Yet Jesus asked if we had forgotten that we are all children of the God.

You talk of faith in Jesus while ignoring him.

There is a word for that that you know well.

Regards
DL

Good father. Bad creatures.

So you would think that A & E were bad enough creatures for God to murder them the way he did. Ok.

Go ahead and call that murderer good.

You show the usual Christian morality.

Regards
DL

Fear and false guilt mongering. A Christian tool.

Your training is complete. You are as vile as your religion as it too like to create false guilt and fear.

Regards
DL

jehova not yahway was satan

Not to the Vatican. They show Satan as female. We all know why.

Regards
DL

Regards

DL

the term "father" -----in semitic languages -----is used as an honorific-----sorta-----it is not always confined
to the guy who donated some chromosomes even -----ON EARTH The term you write out as YAHWEH --
is not really a name. It is a weird declension of the verb TO BE (I think---don't quote me) It is not
a chromosome donor

I was looking for a moral judgement, not a language lesson.

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back