Governing by ransom.

Why? Won't it stop illegal aliens from walking across the border?

No.

Why not?

The Gaza Strip and Israeli border is about 100 miles lone. It is as porous as a sieve. A wall would stop some, but not the majority.

You have no idea what a wall would do. Hungary put up a fence with razor sharp wire and that stopped all their illegal immigration problems.

It is still relatively an empty continent.

And we don't need a bunch of illegals to settle it.

Except for you and your ancestors, right?

Exactly. At one time we needed immigrants to come to this country. Those days are long gone and we no longer need them--they need us instead.

The United States is still a very generous country allowing over one million immigrants in a year. Because of our lax border security and turning our heads the other way on the illegals, we are becoming a bilingual country against our will. They are taking our jobs, lowering our pay, and we won't stand for it any longer.

Donald Trump ended DACA with the sole purpose of holding millions of young people hostage until he gets his wall.

He is telling Congress if they don't want to see these people deported, they must give him his wall.

These are people that came here as children. Many have no memories or contact with their origin country. Many don't even speak the language.

These people committed no crime. Their parents did.

And Trump will punish them if he does not get his wall.

And Trumpettes think this is the way our country is supposed to run.

Who knew that the "art of the Deal" is basic Mafia 101.

Dreamers, one and all. I love the kid glove treatment of the most ruthless criminals we've seen in the US:

"MS-13 was founded in Los Angeles in the 1980s in part to protect immigrants fleeing civil war in El Salvador and has since grown into a sprawling cross-border criminal organization."

"U.S. immigration agents launched raids on suspected gang members that for the first time included teenagers"

Also known as *dreamers*

More than 200 arrested in U.S. crackdown on MS-13 gang

Donald Trump ended DACA with the sole purpose of holding millions of young people hostage until he gets his wall.

He is telling Congress if they don't want to see these people deported, they must give him his wall.

These are people that came here as children. Many have no memories or contact with their origin country. Many don't even speak the language.

These people committed no crime. Their parents did.

And Trump will punish them if he does not get his wall.

And Trumpettes think this is the way our country is supposed to run.

Who knew that the "art of the Deal" is basic Mafia 101.
And that's why I voted for Trump.

"
CENTRAL ISLIP, N.Y. — The four young men sat nonchalantly in a federal courthouse here on Thursday afternoon, barely raising their eyebrows when a judge said they could face the death penalty for their roles in the killings of two teenage girls in September.

Instead, one of the four, Jairo Saenz, a leader of the local clique of a transnational gang with Salvadoran roots, grinned, swiveled in his chair and hardly looked at the crying relatives from El Salvador in the back of the courtroom.

Mr. Saenz, 19, was one of five people arrested Thursday morning in Suffolk County on Long Island as part of a federal sweep that targeted 13 adult members of the gang, MS-13. An additional three people were charged as juveniles, and their records were sealed. As of Thursday evening, 14 people were in custody, with two yet to be arrested."

"
Mr. Capers said that 10 of the 13 adult gang members were undocumented immigrants, and that three of the gang members who were accused of direct involvement in the killings of Kayla and Nisa in Brentwood, N.Y., on Sept. 13, were undocumented immigrants. He said Mr. Saenz’s older brother, Alexi, 22, who also was charged in the killings, was a legal permanent resident.

Earlier, four gang members were arrested in connection with the killing of José Peña-Hernandez, 18, whose remains were found in the woods near a hospital in October. They are also undocumented immigrants.

The federal charges include racketeering, seven murders, attempted murders, obstruction of justice, arson and conspiracy. Since the killings, the Suffolk County Police Department has arrested more than 125 MS-13 members, officials have said. The arrests on Thursday are the only ones in conjunction with federal authorities."

Precious dreamers. Just give them a chance!

MS-13 Gang Members Arrested in Girls’ Killings on Long Island, Police Say

""While the increase in the presence of the MS-13 grows, it appears that Texas is continually used as a transitional zone, as gang members are traveling onward to the U.S. East Coast," detailed Texas safety officials. "The increase in violent activity in Texas along with the constant influx of illegal members crossing into the state exemplifies the gang's Tier 1 threat level."

The most violent MS-13 crimes of 2017 so far

So making political deals is ransom now?

I give you this. You give me that is the bedrock of compromise in our republic
Those poor Dims. Whenever they have to make concessions of some kind, they think they are being held up for ransom.

"
The gang, whose motto is "kill, rape, control," is known for its use of gruesome tactics, including hacking and stabbing its victims with machetes.

A series of MS-13 killings has shaken Long Island over the past two years with at least two dozen murders and many of the victims were teenagers.

Last month, the remains of Javier Castillo, 16, Kerin Pineda, 19, and Angel Soler, 16, were uncovered in wooded areas in Freeport. They were all believed to have been targeted by the gang.

In 2016, several teens who were high school students in Brentwood disappeared and were later found dead"

5 people connected to MS-13 busted in kidnapping, murder attempt

The better question per that analogy is if a parent robs a bank and the kid is innocent the car should the kid get punished like the parents... the answer obviously no. We don’t punish people for crimes they are not responsible for, especially children. What’s wrong with you people. This shouldnt be a hard issue to figure out
I don't get where the punishment is. If the kids didn't do anything to get into the country, then it's not like they're losing their investment.

I can see someone not guilty of the initial crime getting "punished" somewhat unfairly if they bought property they didn't know was stolen, since taking the property back would leave them without the property AND without their money, but this is more like taking back the money a bank robber stole and gave to the kids for nothing. The kids would have never had the money anyway so they're basically restoring the status quo more or less.
They have lived heir whole life here. They didn’t get “money” they are just trying to love their lives in the world that they grew up in. You don’t think kicking them out to a foreign country that they don’t know is punishment? Of course it is. Gain a little empathy man. Put yourself in their shoes. Fucking amazing that you don’t get it.

Uhm it's punishment to the African Americans who wouldn't mind picking cotton for $15 bucks an hour but the damn illegal Mexicans will do it for $5 bucks an hour..

Do you see the problem.
. Good grief... Really ?? Who picks cotton today ? No one.

So it just jumps into the gin all by itself.......magic cotton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is how it gets to the gin..

Any more questions ?

It's called negotiation you give someone something they want in return they give you something you want we have seen so little of that in D.C. for the past sixteen years it's understandable why some would be shocked by the concept.

A Democrat doesn't see it that way. A negotiation to a Democrat means that you do it all the Democrats way or no way at all. That's what made DumBama such a failure.
Yep. When a Democrat says "compromise," he means you are going to compromise, not them.

Yes, at some point you're actually allowed to limit new entrants.

I agree. I am not for illegal immigration. I am against a pointless wall.

So where do you live where a wall would bother you?

Fair call. But still, the ROI would be zero. You just need to enforce the laws you have already.
Bullshit. There's a huge return on investment. Keeping a million illegals out each year would save us $billions.

Fair call. But still, the ROI would be zero. You just need to enforce the laws you have already.
Bullshit. There's a huge return on investment. Keeping a million illegals out each year would save us $billions.

The Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy released a report in February 2016, stating that 11 million illegal immigrants in the United States are paying annually an estimated amount of $11.64 billion in state and local taxes, "on average an estimated 8 percent of their incomes."

The Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy released a report in February 2016, stating that 11 million illegal immigrants in the United States are paying annually an estimated amount of $11.64 billion in state and local taxes, "on average an estimated 8 percent of their incomes."

They are consuming $120 billion/year in social services.

Your source is a leftwing propaganda mill.

They are consuming $120 billion/year in social services.

Your source is a leftwing propaganda mill.
Relax...the Lefties in LA, Detroit and NYC are never going to move to Red States.

Forum List

Back