Grimm Trend: More Witch-Hunts Please! Go Thought-Police!

How Do You Feel About the Thought Police?

• Fine, we need them. I'll keep patronizing media that covers it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not fine. It's a waste of time. I'll be switching channels.

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Ambivalent, what do I care?

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • There is no such thing as a political witch hunt

• other, see my post

• Total voters
He can call it whatever he likes, in this case he is a witch. Lucky for him we no longer burn them here.

As usual, a snarky comment adding zero substance to the conversation. Only serving as a non sequitur. If you were on my website I'd have banned you eons ago. Do you ever contribute anything of substance or is your sole function to derail topics?

You would ban him? As you are ranting about the 'thought police'. He spoke his thoughts and you want to ban him? How ironic.

CaféAuLait;9023581 said:
He can call it whatever he likes, in this case he is a witch. Lucky for him we no longer burn them here.

As usual, a snarky comment adding zero substance to the conversation. Only serving as a non sequitur. If you were on my website I'd have banned you eons ago. Do you ever contribute anything of substance or is your sole function to derail topics?

You would ban him? As you are ranting about the 'thought police'. He spoke his thoughts and you want to ban him? How ironic.

But it is ok for us to ban a man from the nba for some stupid comments. Hypocrite!

CaféAuLait;9023581 said:

But it is ok for us to ban a man from the nba for some stupid comments. Hypocrite!

"Us" didn't ban anyone from the NBA.

The NBA did.

CaféAuLait;9023581 said:

No, hypocritical is bitching about Sterling and demanding the banning of someone else for their spoken thoughts.

CaféAuLait;9023654 said:
CaféAuLait;9023581 said:

No, hypocritical is bitching about Sterling and demanding the banning of someone else for their spoken thoughts.

Paintmyhouse is a serial derailer of threads. He doesn't have "thoughts" he's speaking. He has impediments he is inserting. On purpose. With the sole intent of shutting the conversation down. His is the original crime. This thread is about those who seek to shut down conversations any way they can. He is the prime example of that. If he had words of substance, yes. But he does not. He almost never does.

Wow, 100% of posters here believe we are witch-hunting and they are sick of it. And even willing to boycott media that persists in aiding and abetting the trade. I've never started a poll with 100% on one answer.

To be clear: Are you suggesting that prosecuting Grimm for his crimes is a pointless witch hunt?

Yes, if the people indicting him are guilty of hiring under the table. Then it is a political move instead of one based on justice.

You can be witch hunted too. I'll bet then you'll call it a witch hunt instead of "prosecuting you for your crimes".. Have any unpaid parking tickets? Run any stoplights? You better be careful, they may be watching you.. Better not seek a political office just to be sure your past won't come back to haunt you.

Suffice to say that any politician can be indicted and prosecuted if enough time was spent searching his historical data. Food for thought..

CaféAuLait;9023654 said:

Paintmyhouse is a serial derailer of threads. He doesn't have "thoughts" he's speaking. He has impediments he is inserting. On purpose. With the sole intent of shutting the conversation down. His is the original crime. This thread is about those who seek to shut down conversations any way they can. He is the prime example of that. If he had words of substance, yes. But he does not. He almost never does.
Your "thoughts" on me are as wrong as your "thoughts" on anything else, especially since I had nothing to do with the post you responded to.

CaféAuLait;9023654 said:

Your "thoughts" on me are as wrong as your "thoughts" on anything else, especially since I had nothing to do with the post you responded to.

Are you in favor of political witch hunts if it suits your agenda Paintmyhouse?

If Grimm didn't want to be investigated he shouldn't be decapitating Wesen.

Where have I seen this before? Hmmmm......

Oh I know! Healthcare fraud, perjury and a Republican? Florida Governor Rick Scott!

Has anyone ever seen Michael Grimm and Rick Scott together? At the same time? No, of course not.

Michael Grimm is Rick Scott with hair.

Which makes Grimm Wesen and not a Grimm, Avatar.

A Blutbad,if you ask me.

Regards from Rosie

To democrats the best part is, no one need ever prove anything. Just bring the complaint. That's enough. It doesn't even matter whether there is a single syllable of fact. It worked with Tom DeLay up to a point. Just say anything, nothing need be proven.

Both sides of the aisle do the witch hunts. Look at the Benghazi snore. They're trying to disembowel Hillary.

Both sides of the aisle do the witch hunts. Look at the Benghazi snore. They're trying to disembowel Hillary.

Not just Hillary - also her (former) boss.

One thing trying that with Hillary....but how does one disembowel a gutless wonder?

Last edited:
A New York congressman was hit with a 20-count indictment on Monday, with charges including mail, wire, and healthcare fraud, filing false tax returns, perjury, and employing undocumented immigrants.

Michael Grimm, a Republican, was indicted on activities relating to a health-food restaurant business, Healthalicious, for which he oversaw day-to-day-operations from 2007 to 2010.

Grimm surrendered to the authorities on Monday, pleaded not guilty to the charges and was released on $400,000 bond. At a press conference on Monday afternoon, he told reporters the federal charges were part of a “political witch-hunt”, refused to resign and pledged to fight “tooth and nail” for re-election.

According to the indictment, Grimm “engaged in schemes to fraudulently under-report the wages he paid his workers … and fraudulently under-report the true amount of money the restaurant earned to both federal and New York State tax and insurance authorities.”...

...Grimm is the only Republican congressman in New York City, representing Staten Island and parts of Brooklyn. He faces a tough election challenge from Democrat Domenic Recchia, a former New York City councilmember. But while Grimm is in a tough spot, his rivals are not yet in a position to declare victory. New York politician Michael Grimm calls 20-count indictment a 'witch-hunt' | World news | theguardian.com
I'll bet his rivals are now in a much better spot. How convenient for them!

Ever paid anyone under the table to do anything for you? You may be next...

How many of you are getting sick of American witch-hunt politics? How many of you are completely free of having uttered a racial or sexist comment in your lives? How many of you would welcome your private conversations taken in or out of context and shared with the world? How many of you would enjoy having your career destroyed to fill in some time on the 24/7 MSM boredom circuit?

From Chris Christie to Kirk Cameron, to Phil Robertson, to Piers Morgan and beyond, we are seeing a very distracting trend: The Media Witch Hunt. It's like a book-burning on free speech turned into a wildfire.

Do people say stupid and mean spirited things? Yes. Do people have opinions that differ from yours? Yes. Shut them down to the exact level you are willing to be shut down yourself. Either that or shut up about it.

The witch hunt serves to distract the general public about the real pressing issues for which the powers that be refuse to talk about or service:

1. The deficit

2. The lack of jobs

3. Lack off affordable healthcare [still, Obamacare has left 10s of millions priced out of healthcare]

4. The Russia/China game plan.

5. Etc.

If they can keep us fighting and playing politically-correct thought police, perhaps we can become distracted enough to not rise up and demand resolution of the important things they don't want to deal with because it will cost them money to deal with it..

I'm tired of it. Boycott political witch hunts. When a news channel starts airing thought police bullshit, switch the channel. If you don't like what someone says, just don't patronize that person. But DO NOT patronize news channels that go on and on about the lastest normal stupid thing someone said..

In Grimm's case it's pretty clear he was a tough opponent. Plus he insulted and warned a reporter to back off when he was probing for questions meant to shed a poor light on Grimm. When you ask someone a loaded question and they rightfully rebuke you, you win either way right? Guilty as charged evident by the reception of the question.

MSM knows what they're doing. They've got the science of destroying people's lives dialed into a micro hair. If they want you, they'll get you. If you answer, your screwed, if you don't, you're screwed. Either way if the thought police sniff out that you are not fighting on their team, you're doomed.

Meanwhile the country is doomed by these distractions. Russia and China sit drooling loving every minute of the foolishess..

With democrats the proof is never the issue. All that matters is the seriousness of the charges.
Look, a prosecutor can indict a ham sandwich for not having enough mustard.
The rules of evidence when presented to a Grand Jury are not nearly as rigid as in trial.
GJ proceedings are secret. The respondent nor his attorney has no legal right to speak to a GJ Panel.

Forum List

Back