Gun Control Compromise

I know a number of habitual criminals. They believe that the next time they will get away with it. You lock them up for 10 to 20 years and they use that time to come up with a new scheme. Then they get out and here we go again. All the sentencing does is gets them off the streets. Not a bad thing but you need to call it for what it really is.
So, the solution is akin to locking up all noncriminals because that criminal can't behave? Let's just lock up the good guys?

Your "gun control" solution is no different.

You are advocating for depriving innocent people their inalienable rights because some sub-human fuckers can't stop being criminals.

Again, terrible reasoning.

That's more of a reason to give them life or execute. Punish the criminal, not everyone else.

Ok, but I was perfectly willing to compromise with them.

Your delusions are the only place you do anything with the Constitution other than wipe your ass, so spare me yet another attempt at hypocrisy and self-flattery.
Lol, piss you off a bit did I?

You know why?

It's because you know I'm right.

"Gosh, you noticed me! That means I'm WINNING!"

No, hon. You got the exact same respect you always get from me. I can see why you'd feel the need to view disdain as a victory, though, being such a common incident in your life.

Most of us, though, try to actually BE right instead of just trying to claim to be.

Meanwhile, all your failed attempts to be clever aside, you're still an enemy of the Constitution and national sovereignty and still undeserving in every way of being "compromised with", because you still have zero right to demand we give in on anything.
Lol, call down kiddo.

I just heard, "I have no response, but I'm too dishonest to say so."

Your surrender is noted, and you may run along.
This is why it's pointless to discuss anything with you. You don't read what I post, you read what you wish I had posted and then you don't even bother to think about your response you just emote all over the place.

Waste of my time.

Your delusions are the only place you do anything with the Constitution other than wipe your ass, so spare me yet another attempt at hypocrisy and self-flattery.
Lol, piss you off a bit did I?

You know why?

It's because you know I'm right.

"Gosh, you noticed me! That means I'm WINNING!"

No, hon. You got the exact same respect you always get from me. I can see why you'd feel the need to view disdain as a victory, though, being such a common incident in your life.

Most of us, though, try to actually BE right instead of just trying to claim to be.

Meanwhile, all your failed attempts to be clever aside, you're still an enemy of the Constitution and national sovereignty and still undeserving in every way of being "compromised with", because you still have zero right to demand we give in on anything.
Lol, call down kiddo.

I just heard, "I have no response, but I'm too dishonest to say so."

Your surrender is noted, and you may run along.
This is why it's pointless to discuss anything with you. You don't read what I post, you read what you wish I had posted and then you don't even bother to think about your response you just emote all over the place.

Waste of my time.
And unfortunately that’s true of most – if not all – of the conservative posters.

I know a number of habitual criminals. They believe that the next time they will get away with it. You lock them up for 10 to 20 years and they use that time to come up with a new scheme. Then they get out and here we go again. All the sentencing does is gets them off the streets. Not a bad thing but you need to call it for what it really is.
So, the solution is akin to locking up all noncriminals because that criminal can't behave? Let's just lock up the good guys?

You are advocating for depriving innocent people their inalienable rights because some sub-human fuckers can't stop being criminals.

That's more of a reason to give them life or execute. Punish the criminal, not everyone else.

You are just trolling.

You are just trolling.

Put your lame ass out in front to enforce the draconian gun laws the commie left wants to impose.

You are just trolling.
Are you really going to bail out like that?

You know that is shitty reasoning.

You know there is not one goddamn good excuse for the Hughes Amendment and it's complete shit-bomb on the inalienable rights of innocent Americans. NOT ONE!

You support stripping liberty from literally MILLIONS for the minuscule security you MIGHT get from MAYBE denying access to a wrongdoer.

Brilliant!

This is why we CANNOT compromise.

There will be no shit-stain "common sense" infringements. I will fight that shit tooth and nail if it kills me. The ONLY thing you can expect is full-blown resistance and repeal.

I'd just like to point out that in now SEVENTY ONE pages of replies, I've still only seen one leftist agree to actually compromise. So predictable.

You are just trolling.
Are you really going to bail out like that?

You know that is shitty reasoning.

You know there is not one goddamn good excuse for the Hughes Amendment and it's complete shit-bomb on the inalienable rights of innocent Americans. NOT ONE!

You support stripping liberty from literally MILLIONS for the minuscule security you MIGHT get from MAYBE denying access to a wrongdoer.

Brilliant!

This is why we CANNOT compromise.

There will be no shit-stain "common sense" infringements. I will fight that shit tooth and nail if it kills me. The ONLY thing you can expect is full-blown resistance and repeal.

I suppose that you want an all out armed ressurection. Go for it. That's one way to silence one side. Not very pretty and a lot of innocents buy the farm from it. But if that's what you want, don't bitch about it, don't threaten, just do it.

But if that's what you want, don't bitch about it, don't threaten, just do it.

Be careful what you wish for.

It's not me that keeps bring that up. The gunnutters keep saying they will more or less, fight to the death. I say let them. Or they can do it the right way every 2 and 4 years.

There comes a time when democracy no longer works because the scales have tipped towards the dregs of society who take and never give. It has happened countless times throughout history. You leftists are toeing that line right now. I can't predict what incident will ignite the powder keg, but if the status quo remains I'm certain it WILL happen and it will NOT be pretty for your side.

It's not me that keeps bring that up. The gunnutters keep saying they will more or less, fight to the death. I say let them. Or they can do it the right way every 2 and 4 years.

There comes a time when democracy no longer works because the scales have tipped towards the dregs of society who take and never give. It has happened countless times throughout history. You leftists are toeing that line right now. I can't predict what incident will ignite the powder keg, but if the status quo remains I'm certain it WILL happen and it will NOT be pretty for your side.

Is it the Leftists fault that congress is completely broken right now? They can't even present a Veto Proof Bill right now because McConnel requires his Masters Permission to allow it on the Senate floor to be voted on. Is that the Leftists fault that McConnel isn't following protocol and tradition? No, it's all on McConnel. The system is broken. I want to see this mess laid on the one brand that still is in operation, the Supreme Court as quickly as possible. Get it ironed out. People are suffering pretty bad now. If you arent' aware of it, retails sales are down, Tourist based income is almost gone, government workers are filing for Unemployment and a lot more.

The system is supposed to take care of this. If a President will not approve of a bill, the Senate should still present it and give him the chance to Veto it. It comes back to Congress. Congress now has the option to change it to get the President to sign it or present it in a veto proof form. If the Senate Majority Leader refuses to allow it to be voted on the open senate floor, the whole congress comes to a complete stop. And that is where we are now. You can't blame the Leftists on breaking Congress. That is owned 100% by McConnel.

Is it the Leftists fault that congress is completely broken right now? They can't even present a Veto Proof Bill right now because McConnel requires his Masters Permission to allow it on the Senate floor to be voted on. Is that the Leftists fault that McConnel isn't following protocol and tradition? No, it's all on McConnel. The system is broken. I want to see this mess laid on the one brand that still is in operation, the Supreme Court as quickly as possible. Get it ironed out. People are suffering pretty bad now. If you arent' aware of it, retails sales are down, Tourist based income is almost gone, government workers are filing for Unemployment and a lot more.

The system is supposed to take care of this. If a President will not approve of a bill, the Senate should still present it and give him the chance to Veto it. It comes back to Congress. Congress now has the option to change it to get the President to sign it or present it in a veto proof form. If the Senate Majority Leader refuses to allow it to be voted on the open senate floor, the whole congress comes to a complete stop. And that is where we are now. You can't blame the Leftists on breaking Congress. That is owned 100% by McConnel.

This thread is about gun control, not internal government bickering. And to be perfectly honest I don't give a flying rats ass about the "shutdown" of what I believe to be a bloated government anyways.

What McConnell is doing is called common sense. Why hold a vote on a bill the Democrats promised wouldn't see the light of day? Piglosi said it, Shoemaker said it. They all said it. No wall for any reason. But you love that dog and pony show, don't you?

I see lefties frequently screech about how 2A supporters refuse to compromise. Well, that's because there's never BEEN a compromise, rather a one-sided chipping away of 2nd Amendment rights with nothing offered in return.

So here, I'll offer an actual compromise. You lefties want universal background checks? I can get behind that. But in exchange I want universal reciprocity on CCW permits.

Deal?
Was cross border cc a compromise? Doubt it. Gun fetishists have an agenda too that they are pursuing on their own.

The problem is you're a little **** that whines about everything.

A kid waving around a gun with the things that show it's a toy having been removed gets you shot. A lady that likely considers everything racist because she's an entitlement minded black doesn't make the stop bullshit.

He wasn't waiving around the toy when he was shot. And, no, there was no reason for that cop to arrest that lady at all, much less pin her to the ground and bang her head against the pavement.

That doesn't mean all cops are bad like you claim.

Which I never said, but okay... Do try to master basic literacy.

I've said many times, most cops are good guys. The problem is they tolerate the bad guys instead of working very hard to get them fired.

To Joe, unless a cop is automatically assumed to be guilty simply because of an accusation, it's wrong. When things go through the legal process, unless the outcome is what he likes, he considers those involved as covering up things.

Um, no, it's a cover up when you uncover evidence of a cover up, and the system sweeps it under the rug.

Let's review, shall we? LaQuan McDonald was shot 16 times by Jason van Dyke. The police immediately filed false reports that he had lunged at the officer, the officer only shot him once. They then went around to neighboring businesses and erased the videotape of the incident. But one tape in a police cruiser somehow got preserved.

Here's that tape.

The city then hid the tape, tried to pay off the family, and it took a lawsuit to get the tape released.

16 shots... 81 months. That's like 5 months per shot.

Wrong.

It’s the authoritarian right that poses a threat to our democracy and the future of this Nation.

The right’s ignorance, fear, stupidity, and hate are kept in check by the Constitution and its case law which defends the rights and protected liberties of all the people – including citizens conservatives seek to disadvantage.

It’s the First, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, and 14th Amendments that safeguard the rights of the people from attack from the right, not the Second Amendment.

Forum List

Back