"Gun Nuts" ???

[

NationMaster - Crime stats: United Kingdom vs United States
UK

Assault victims British Crime stats
Ranked 2nd. 133% more than United States

Did you actually read down into the data where we have more murders, which is the only stat that's important.

Some of these stats can be misleading. For instance, the UK has more reported rapes, but that just means they have a culture where women are more comfortable reporting rapes to law enforcement.

[

UK

Did you actually read down into the data where we have more murders, which is the only stat that's important.

Some of these stats can be misleading. For instance, the UK has more reported rapes, but that just means they have a culture where women are more comfortable reporting rapes to law enforcement.

If you would not half ass quote a post you would see I post what was relevant to what you said

I call it a sign of success. They ban guns, very few people are killed with guns.

They also had 724 homicides by any method. This is actually DOWN from a high of 1217 in 2002.

We had 15,953.
Being a victim is what you call success?
:eusa_whistle:

We are far more likely to be a victim in this country, that's the point.

Beause most murders aren't thos criminals looking for victims, it's otherwise regular folks where having a gun in the house made that argument over who drank the last can of Milwaukee's Best a lot more serious.

Point being, guns don't make you any safer. They just introduce a dangerous element into bad situations.
We are far more likely to be a victim in this country, that's the point.

UK

Only if you are not a victim of an robbery, burglary, assault rape or other serious crime. I know of no other person who has ever made such a claim. Perhaps we should decriminalize all other crimes as they are not important?

we are far more likely to be a victim in this country, that's the point.

Beause most murders aren't thos criminals looking for victims, it's otherwise regular folks where having a gun in the house made that argument over who drank the last can of milwaukee's best a lot more serious.

Point being, guns don't make you any safer. They just introduce a dangerous element into bad situations.

actually, the gun owner and their families are more likely to be victims, not the bad guys
are police officers and their families at the same risk?

Absolutely

Domestic violence and suicide is very high with police officers

Beause most murders aren't thos criminals looking for victims, it's otherwise regular folks where having a gun in the house made that argument over who drank the last can of Milwaukee's Best a lot more serious.

Totally false and based upon a misreading of statistics. People will oft times review the stats and see a large percentage of domestic abuse victims and victims which know their assailant and conclude that it is the angy spouse or the heated argument with a friend which is the instigation of a homicide. What they fail to discern is the following:

1.) Homicide is a rare event with the odds less than .005% that you will be a victim of a homicide.

2.) Felons do in fact have acquantinces and spouses and relatives.

3.) Rival gang members are counted as victims who know their assailant.

Here are the facts:

A.) A DoJ survey of prisons esablished that 82% of state prisoners and 84% of federal prisoners who were incarcerated for a crime involving a firearm were ineligigable to own or possess a firearm under federal law when the crime for which they are incarcerated occured.

B.) An FBI study concluded that 85% of violent inner city crime was related to criminal gang activity

Of course not

It is just the price we pay for our Second amendment rights

I'll keep my guns that's the price you also pay for freedom.
Yes....you will get to keep your guns and fantasize that they keep you safe

The price we pay is murders, suicides, domestic assaults and an occasional first grade massacre
Your fantasy
The price we pay is murders, suicides, domestic assaults and an occasional first grade massacre[/QUOTE
My Fantasy as you put it

I bet mine comes true.

Of course not

It is just the price we pay for our Second amendment rights

The price we pay is murders, suicides, domestic assaults and an occasional first grade massacre
Loss of life has always been an acceptable sacrifice for Americans in their struggle to create and preserve a free nation for future generations.

The United States is the home of the brave and the land of the free...No one in the world cherishes freedom quite to the extent that Americans do.

And anyone who attempts to deny us that freedom is declaring war on America...This includes government and those who support it in this endeavor.

Loss of life has always been an acceptable sacrifice for Americans in their struggle to create and preserve a free nation for future generations.

The United States is the home of the brave and the land of the free...No one in the world cherishes freedom quite to the extent that Americans do.

And anyone who attempts to deny us that freedom is declaring war on America...This includes government and those who support it in this endeavor.

Hitting all the buzzwords aren't ya?

You forgot how guns protect truth, justice and the American way

Totally false and based upon a misreading of statistics. People will oft times review the stats and see a large percentage of domestic abuse victims and victims which know their assailant and conclude that it is the angy spouse or the heated argument with a friend which is the instigation of a homicide. What they fail to discern is the following:

1.) Homicide is a rare event with the odds less than .005% that you will be a victim of a homicide.

Here are the facts:

A.) A DoJ survey of prisons esablished that 82% of state prisoners and 84% of federal prisoners who were incarcerated for a crime involving a firearm were ineligigable to own or possess a firearm under federal law when the crime for which they are incarcerated occured.

B.) An FBI study concluded that 85% of violent inner city crime was related to criminal gang activity

So when a gun nut can't face the fact that guns don't make you safe, they try to write it off as the violence is only happening to those (brown) people, so that makes it okay.

So when a gun nut can't face the fact that guns don't make you safe, they try to write it off as the violence is only happening to those (brown) people, so that makes it okay.

Where did I say a word about race? Seems to me you are projecting your own racists inclinations onto others. Explains a lot, as gun control in the USA is closely related to racism.

Here are the facts:

Where have you proven that a person is less safe, or just as unsafe, with a gun as a person without a gun??

Hitting all the buzzwords aren't ya?

You forgot how guns protect truth, justice and the American way
I can leap over tall building in a single bound when armed too, but what does that all have to do with "shall not be infringed"?

Forum List

Back