Harvey Milk Stamp Commemorated Today May 22nd 2014 At The Whitehouse

Does LGBT embracing Harvey Milk & forcing gay marriage on states affecting your vote?

• I'm a gay advocate and no, I'll vote democrat

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • I'm ambivalent and no, I'll probably still vote democrat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm a middle voter and yes, I'm thinking of voting more conservative because of it.

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • I'm a middle voter democrat and thinking of switching parties now.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Just like I was there and applauded when San Diego was the first to re-name a street in Hillcrest "Harvey Milk St".....I applaud this stamp. :eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

Why?.....Why wait all this time to do this?
Smells like a political move. Shame on whomever came up with this idea.
I am not a supporter of commemorating people based on 'causes'.
Save for Mr. Milk's sexual orientation and that he was murdered, Milk is of no other significant or historical significance. He did not accomplish anything of note while Mayor of SFO.
So the only possibility remaining is politics. Shameful.

Um.. Milk wasn't mayor of SF.

For each democratic candidate in the next 3 years who loses by a margin to their republican challenger, I'm thinking of sending them a consolation letter with a Harvey Milk stamp on it.

Even then they probably wouldn't get the wry and ironic humor..

Sil, do you drunk dial Sean Penn at night?

Tell me you aren't Defending Harvey Milk and Roman Polanski also... :dunno:

:)

peace...

For each democratic candidate in the next 3 years who loses by a margin to their republican challenger, I'm thinking of sending them a consolation letter with a Harvey Milk stamp on it.

Even then they probably wouldn't get the wry and ironic humor..

Sil, do you drunk dial Sean Penn at night?

Tell me you aren't Defending Harvey Milk and Roman Polanski also... :dunno:

:)

peace...

SOrry, man, I just can't get upset with them over non-issues.

Quit projecting your sexual hangups on others.

Celebrating a postage stamp of a pedophile as representative of the LGBT movement is not a "non-issue". It's a HUGE issue for American society to own up to. It is telling the world what we think of and regard children as. As if we didn't have enough problems with our image in world affairs...

Having a sexual relationship is though. And that's the kind of relationship Milk had with his 16 year old boyfriend (and others as well -- according to the article).

So he raped a child. How fucking sick.:mad:

Statutory rape...I won't disagree with that one.....but that is NOT the same as pedophilia.....

So...why would people tell lies?

An adult having sex with an under-aged boy isn't pedophilia? What, pray tell, is?

Statutory rape...I won't disagree with that one.....but that is NOT the same as pedophilia.....

An adult having sex with an under-aged boy isn't pedophilia? What, pray tell, is?

Pedophilia or paedophilia is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children, generally age 11 years or younger. As a medical diagnosis, specific criteria for the disorder extends the cut-off point for prepubescence to age 13.[1][2][3][4] A person who is diagnosed with pedophilia must be at least 16 years of age, but adolescents who are 16 years of age or older must be at least five years older than the prepubescent child before the attraction can be diagnosed as pedophilia.[1][2]

16 years old is not prepubescent.

You will not get an argument from me about statutory rape however.

Celebrating a postage stamp of a pedophile as representative of the LGBT movement is not a "non-issue". It's a HUGE issue for American society to own up to. It is telling the world what we think of and regard children as. As if we didn't have enough problems with our image in world affairs...

Pedophilia or paedophilia is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children, generally age 11 years or younger. As a medical diagnosis, specific criteria for the disorder extends the cut-off point for prepubescence to age 13.[1][2][3][4] A person who is diagnosed with pedophilia must be at least 16 years of age, but adolescents who are 16 years of age or older must be at least five years older than the prepubescent child before the attraction can be diagnosed as pedophilia.[1][2]

Another example of the left having no moral compass. They want to legitimize every behavior no matter how obscene. You must always understand that liberals hate this country and they want to change it because the nation has rejected their brand of extremist ideas for generations. But since the 1970's after the Marxist took over our public education system and university system everything is acceptable. One big amorphous communist society. Harvey Milk was no hero.

You will not get an argument from me about statutory rape however.

Oh ... that makes it okay then. So should a 50 year old man be praised and elevated in the public eye (along with a special stamp) for having sex with a post-pubescent 14 year old girl? If not ... why not?

Another example of the left having no moral compass. They want to legitimize every behavior no matter how obscene. You must always understand that liberals hate this country and they want to change it because the nation has rejected their brand of extremist ideas for generations. But since the 1970's after the Marxist took over our public education system and university system everything is acceptable. One big amorphous communist society. Harvey Milk was no hero.

Most Progressives I've known have a dark, amoral stripe down their back. The ones I've known live an immoral lifestyle so they legitimize their lifestyle by supporting the immoral lifestyle of others.

Most Progressives I've known have a dark, amoral stripe down their back. The ones I've known live an immoral lifestyle so they legitimize their lifestyle by supporting the immoral lifestyle of others.
Such nonsense. Nuff said.

Such nonsense. Nuff said.

Now THAT'S a convincing argument.:eek:

To associate it with gay Americans seeking their comprehensive civil liberties is hateful, ignorant demagoguery, and irrelevant to the right of gay Americans to be afforded equal protection of the law.

Then you’ve know very few ‘progressives,’ and those you’ve known are not representative of them all.

Indeed, you and many others on the right exhibit your own immorality by seeking to deny gay Americans their civil rights, subjecting them to discriminatory practices solely as a consequence of who they are.

Consequently, many conservatives are in no position to ‘judge’ others’ ‘morality.’

Indeed, you and many others on the right exhibit your own immorality by seeking to deny gay Americans their civil rights, subjecting them to discriminatory practices solely as a consequence of who they are.

Consequently, many conservatives are in no position to ‘judge’ others’ ‘morality.’

Quick ethics question. I'll be looking for in your answer Clayton either 1 or 2. Which is more moral:

1. The support and promotion of a subculture that celebrates a man who was documented in his biography to have preyed sexually on vulnerable teen boys who were mentally ill and on drugs? or

2. The criticism or censure of a subculture that celebrates a man who was documented in his biography to have preyed sexually on vulnerable teen boys who were mentally ill and on drugs?

Hint: if you get confused or tripped up because of the PC fog you're enveloped in, think "welfare of minor children". That should help your decision.

Pretty simple stuff when you boil it down.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back