Have you guys survived the Great Government shutdown of 2018?

The dems know the wall is, as you say, useless when it comes to stopping illegal aliens. The Cheeto is the one holding up the show

Not according to the border patrol asshole.
Or according to the people who live on the border.

Jo

This wall was mined , electrified in places, patrolled by dogs and military style units in the hundreds of thousands, had guard towers and was continuous. Guess what, people still found a way through. What do you think to accomplish here? And more importantly why. Do you know ANYBODY who is ever been fired and replaced by an illegal immigrant?

A good secure wall will not stop 100% of the shitheads from coming here and signing up for welfare and voting Democrats but it will stop a lot of them and make it more difficult and that is a good thing. It will also make it easier for the Border Patrol to do its job than the almost nothing that we have now. That is also a good thing.

Only an asshole or a filthy Democrat looking to get Illegals to provide a welfare queen voting base to would be against securing our border.

Define a good secure border? At a bargain price of call it 50 Billion not including maintenance, you would have a barrier, breachable by the simple expediency of putting up a ladder. It takes an army to completely secure 2000 miles of border that is also not included in the cost. Again what is the point? I've yet to see even a definitive study that illegal immigration in itself is detrimental to the economy. By all means try to secure a border. But a physical barrier is nothing more then a big symbol of ineptitude not to say stupidity.

Displaced low wage earners---which is exactly what we saw in Florida during the 90s and in Chicago and in many places in the South. So, basically what you are advocating for is lowering wages.

Displaced low wage earners were a result of illegal immigrants? You have studies to support that? It had nothing to do with for instance, increased pressure from low wage countries? Increased automation of production? And no I don't advocate lowering wages. I advocate upping the minimum wage. The Trump administration is touting employment figures that come down to full employment. Full employment means that there are jobs that are not getting filled. Jobs that aren't getting filled are detrimental to the economy. Do you know what the interaction of those forces mean on the cost of immigration? Neither do I. The point is, that it's not as straightforward as you might think. A wall sounds like a good idea because it's decisive. Common sense though says that if a person is willing to leave the place they grew up. Walk, in some cases thousands of miles to an uncertain future in a country that especially under Trump makes abundantly clear that they are not welcome. A wall will not deter them either.

they've been leeching off America anyway

Nobody is leeching off of anybody. They are no more leeching off of America than members of the military are.

Or any company that relies on the Fed Govt for it existence through contracts.

Jo

This wall was mined , electrified in places, patrolled by dogs and military style units in the hundreds of thousands, had guard towers and was continuous. Guess what, people still found a way through. What do you think to accomplish here? And more importantly why. Do you know ANYBODY who is ever been fired and replaced by an illegal immigrant?

A good secure wall will not stop 100% of the shitheads from coming here and signing up for welfare and voting Democrats but it will stop a lot of them and make it more difficult and that is a good thing. It will also make it easier for the Border Patrol to do its job than the almost nothing that we have now. That is also a good thing.

Only an asshole or a filthy Democrat looking to get Illegals to provide a welfare queen voting base to would be against securing our border.

Define a good secure border? At a bargain price of call it 50 Billion not including maintenance, you would have a barrier, breachable by the simple expediency of putting up a ladder. It takes an army to completely secure 2000 miles of border that is also not included in the cost. Again what is the point? I've yet to see even a definitive study that illegal immigration in itself is detrimental to the economy. By all means try to secure a border. But a physical barrier is nothing more then a big symbol of ineptitude not to say stupidity.

Displaced low wage earners---which is exactly what we saw in Florida during the 90s and in Chicago and in many places in the South. So, basically what you are advocating for is lowering wages.

Displaced low wage earners were a result of illegal immigrants? You have studies to support that? It had nothing to do with for instance, increased pressure from low wage countries? Increased automation of production? And no I don't advocate lowering wages. I advocate upping the minimum wage. The Trump administration is touting employment figures that come down to full employment. Full employment means that there are jobs that are not getting filled. Jobs that aren't getting filled are detrimental to the economy. Do you know what the interaction of those forces mean on the cost of immigration? Neither do I. The point is, that it's not as straightforward as you might think. A wall sounds like a good idea because it's decisive. Common sense though says that if a person is willing to leave the place they grew up. Walk, in some cases thousands of miles to an uncertain future in a country that especially under Trump makes abundantly clear that they are not welcome. A wall will not deter them either.

Which is as ridiculous as saying if a person takes a gun and robs a bank, a security guard or video cameras won't stop such desperate people. Therefore save your money and don't provide these deterrents.

All the laws against physical attack won't stop a rapist. All the laws against recreational narcotics won't stop an addict. All the laws against robbery won't stop a robber, so why do we have any deterrents at all?

Since the Democrats are the ones that refuses to fund some of the useless parts of the government then I am a Democrat now. Solidarity Brother! Lets show that mean ole Orange Man that we really don't need such a bloated government. Right on!

The dems know the wall is, as you say, useless when it comes to stopping illegal aliens. The Cheeto is the one holding up the show

Jo

I do.
All of America's youth.
We used to mow lawns for money or work in fast food.
Those jobs also taught our youth the value of a buck and why it's so important to better yourself and aim higher.
Oh well,fuck em eh?

Jo

We have a tremendous welfare class (thanks to the Liberals) so we don't need to allow Illegals to come in to fill jobs. The welfare queens can get off their fat asses and learn how to re shingle a roof or pick lettuce if they want to eat.

The only reason Democrats want to allow the Illegals to flood into is to do the job that real Americans don't want to do - vote Democrat.

The Democrats can't exist without a welfare class and the Illegals provide substantial part of that base. Disgusting, isn't it?

Nobody is leeching off of anybody. They are no more leeching off of America than members of the military are.

they are leeching
it's just like an enormous FAILING company
companies that fail go out of business--workers laid off/etc

The Fed Govt is not failing due to its workers, the entire compensation for every non-military Fed Employee is less than 15% of what the deficit was last year. If the Fed Govt had not paid their entire workforce for all of FY18 there still would have been 1.07 trillion added to the debt.

Which is as ridiculous as saying if a person takes a gun and robs a bank, a security guard or video cameras won't stop such desperate people. Therefore save your money and don't provide these deterrents.

All the laws against physical attack won't stop a rapist. All the laws against recreational narcotics won't stop an addict. All the laws against robbery won't stop a robber, so why do we have any deterrents at all?

Your point is as ridiculous as saying that parking an unmanned tank before every bank is the best way to deter bank robbers. Sure it looks impressive, but the money you spend on buying of the tank is better spend on more effective means of deterrence. See two people can make straw man arguments.

Just wanted to pop in to do a welfare check. Are you all ok?

I think building a wall is necessary, the number of illegal immigrants was the most startling statistics of many when I heard it first announced in the GOP Primaries. I honestly had no idea how much it impacted the U.S.
It was the first stat, along with the number of factories stolen by China, that really had me listening more closely to Trump during those debate.

He went from a novelty, maybe even suspicions of him being a gimmick; to a guy who was calling out and confronting serious American issues. The Wall addresses this in a permanent manner, this is why I believe some are so adamantly against it.
76b.gif

Since the Democrats are the ones that refuses to fund some of the useless parts of the government then I am a Democrat now. Solidarity Brother! Lets show that mean ole Orange Man that we really don't need such a bloated government. Right on!

Jo

I do.
All of America's youth.
Those jobs also taught our youth the value of a buck and why it's so important to better yourself and aim higher.
Oh well,fuck em eh?

You must have different youth then were I live. The reason most kids nowadays aren't mowing lawns anymore is that it's almost impossible to take them away from their playstation, phone or tablet. Plus most parents let them. Those jobs are still there, kids aren't interested anymore that simple.

Jo

I do.
All of America's youth.
Oh well,fuck em eh?

You must have different youth then were I live. The reason most kids nowadays aren't mowing lawns anymore is that it's almost impossible to take them away from their playstation, phone or tablet. Plus most parents let them. Those jobs are still there, kids aren't interested anymore that simple.

The beaners came way before that.

they are leeching
it's just like an enormous FAILING company
companies that fail go out of business--workers laid off/etc

The Fed Govt is not failing due to its workers, the entire compensation for every non-military Fed Employee is less than 15% of what the deficit was last year. If the Fed Govt had not paid their entire workforce for all of FY18 there still would have been 1.07 trillion added to the debt.
irrelevant
they are in HUGE [ understatement ] debt/failing--but they still have jobs/get paid/etc

Jo

I do.
All of America's youth.
Oh well,fuck em eh?

Oh....and what about the $26 billion that gets sent back to mehico alone? The total for all countries is $138 billion.
Money that should be spent in the local economy and feed our tax coffers.
Yeah....thats real good for America.
Liberals are fuken dunces.

Find out how much money American immigrants send abroad | finder.com

And I'm fine.

But 800,000 folks are not getting checks. Christmas is pretty much ruined for them

As for me?

No bonus again this year and the standard 3% raise I have been getting for years

That tax cut sure hasn't helped me any but whatever. I make good money so I'll be fine. Others not so much

No one will really know if the tax cut helped t

I think building a wall is necessary, the number of illegal immigrants was the most startling statistics of many when I heard it first announced in the GOP Primaries. I honestly had no idea how much it impacted the U.S.
It was the first stat, along with the number of factories stolen by China, that really had me listening more closely to Trump during those debate.

He went from a novelty, maybe even suspicions of him being a gimmick; to a guy who was calling out and confronting serious American issues. The Wall addresses this in a permanent manner, this is why I believe some are so adamantly against it.

Which one?

Oh yeah you might be right, the first shutdown might have been in 2018 as well. I suppose the title should be "The Greatest Government shutdown of 2018!"

I suppose I will survive this one just as long as the VA keeps my notice of disagreement on my VA disability in the stack it's been sitting in for the past couple of years alone. I'd hate to start over because it's been a hassle.

We could all write letters for you testifying that you are a libtard and thus mentally disabled! Would that help?

I've asked Santa to bring me ear plugs and muffs for double hearing protection.............so I don't have to listen to the Nut bags liberals whine...................It's an annoying high pitched wail.....................

Jo

I do.
All of America's youth.
Oh well,fuck em eh?

Oh....and what about the $26 billion that gets sent back to mehico alone? The total for all countries is $138 billion.
Money that should be spent in the local economy and feed our tax coffers.
Yeah....thats real good for America.
Liberals are fuken dunces.

Find out how much money American immigrants send abroad | finder.com

They want to end America.

Jo

And I'm fine.

But 800,000 folks are not getting checks. Christmas is pretty much ruined for them

As for me?

No bonus again this year and the standard 3% raise I have been getting for years

That tax cut sure hasn't helped me any but whatever. I make good money so I'll be fine. Others not so much

Which one?

Oh yeah you might be right, the first shutdown might have been in 2018 as well. I suppose the title should be "The Greatest Government shutdown of 2018!"

I suppose I will survive this one just as long as the VA keeps my notice of disagreement on my VA disability in the stack it's been sitting in for the past couple of years alone. I'd hate to start over because it's been a hassle.

We could all write letters for you testifying that you are a libtard and thus mentally disabled! Would that help?
And I'm fine.

As for me?

Which one?

How would any letter help if they are tabling new applications and pending apps during the shutdown?

Such as you claim to be a teacher with very proper grammar and your OCD must be nice to use the word libtard indicating one is mentally retarded. You are a great human and your shit don't stink. I bet you laugh at the disable daily.

WRONG.

Do you realize how many hospitals have been put out of business because of II?

Jo

WRONG!!

hospitals put out of business by illegal immigrants - Yahoo Search Results

Forum List

Back