he liberals want true Communism, and this just proves the point.

Do you think the liberal elites of today could do Communism better than the USSR?

• Yes, i am a liberal and need someone else to take care of me.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, this country was based on people to be free, and use their God given gifts to excell.

Votes: 11 100.0%

• Total voters
he liberals want true Communism
Strawman.jpg
What do she liberals want?
Sensible shoes and a Subaru.

I prefer Louboutins and BMW's.
I don't get the whole red sole thing.

Hey...wait a second!

RED! COMMIES!

heh.... love the red soles.

and no, commies can't have louboutins. :rofl:

There are some core beliefs that go with liberal and conservative, and those core beliefs can be found in many many of posters comments. Those few core beliefs are the key difference between the two ideologies

With all the corporate welfare I think the repubs are more likely to go communist...

Liberals created this country

Conservatives wanted a monarchy

Based on 1776 criteria, I align with free market Capitalism, free speech, Judeo-Christian ethics, limited Government, and the right to bear arms. In 2017, this criteria maps to Conservatives. In 2017, Liberals are nothing like their 1776 counterparts.

In 1776 we did not have free market Capitalism

We were primarily an agrarian economy with limited markets. Our major exports were tobacco and furs which were sold to the Europeans

We did not embrace free market Capitalism until the mid 1800s when we became more industrialized and a rail network connected the country

Limited Markets? Limited by geography and transport or limited by government? Did the government mandate the agrarian entrepreneurs as to whom, what, and how much they could sell?

Judeo-Christian ethics

Judeo-Christian ethics: slavery is ok and you should be smiting your neighbor for not keeping Sabbath.

American ethics: Slavery is amoral, vigilantism is illegal and people are free to practice their religion or no religion at all.

Judeo Christian ethics evolved and stated slavery to be immoral in the 1860s..

How do Judeo Christian ethics evolve?

Did the Bible change in the 1860's?

Jews and Christians in the Western World stopped slavery based on evolving ethics. It's 2017, why don't you site which religions still practice or condone slavery. They clearly have not evolved ethically. Would you not agree?

Judeo-Christian ethics

Judeo-Christian ethics: slavery is ok and you should be smiting your neighbor for not keeping Sabbath.

American ethics: Slavery is amoral, vigilantism is illegal and people are free to practice their religion or no religion at all.

Judeo Christian ethics evolved and stated slavery to be immoral in the 1860s. Are you sure you want to go there where we site the religions that still permit slavery? You just made the case for not letting those religions into the US.

Religions do not evolve, they get dragged by the tail to get in-line with social compact that makes practical sense to people looking to get along well. It's not a Christian or Jewish thing and that's why "Judeo-Christian" pretense is just hogwash. Muslims are just late to the draggin' party.

You are tolerant of religions who still condone slavery and let them off as simply being slow to get in line with a social compact?

Judeo-Christian ethics

Jews and Christians in the Western World stopped slavery based on evolving ethics.

Did the Bible for Jews and Christians change? Did the words in the Bible change? How was slavery 'ethical' according to the Bible prior to 1860 but not 'ethical' after 1860?

And btw- Jews had essentially no political power in 'the Western World' to stop the slave trade.

The most notable debate[157] was between Rabbi Morris Jacob Raphall, who defended slavery as it was practiced in the South because slavery was endorsed by the Bible, and rabbi David Einhorn who opposed its current form.[158] However, there were not many Jews in the South, and Jews accounted for only 1.25% of all Southern slave owners.[13] In 1861, Raphall published his views in a treatise called "The Bible View of Slavery".[159] Raphall, and other pro-slavery rabbis such as Isaac Leeser and J. M. Michelbacher (both of Virginia), used the Tanakh (Jewish Bible) to support their arguments.[160]

Abolitionist rabbis, including Einhorn and Michael Heilprin, concerned that Raphall's position would be seen as the official policy of American Judaism, vigorously rebutted his arguments, and argued that slavery – as practiced in the South – was immoral and not endorsed by Judaism.[161]

Ken Yellis, writing in The Forward, has suggested that "the majority of American Jews were mute on the subject, perhaps because they dreaded its tremendous corrosive power. Prior to 1861, there are virtually no instances of rabbinical sermons on slavery, probably due to fear that the controversy would trigger a sectional conflict in which Jewish families would be arrayed on opposite sides. ... America’s largest Jewish community, New York’s Jews were overwhelmingly pro-southern, pro-slavery, and anti-Lincoln in the early years of the war." However, as the war progressed, "and the North’s military victories mounted, feelings began to shift toward ... the Union and eventually, emancipation."[162]

If liberals wanted true communism, they could have had it during the Great Depression, but FDR never mentioned it and when he died Truman became the president just like the Constitution reads. Historians still thank FDR for his decisions to keep America--America by voting FDR America's greatest president.

Judeo-Christian ethics

Jews and Christians in the Western World stopped slavery based on evolving ethics. It's 2017, why don't you site which religions still practice or condone slavery. They clearly have not evolved ethically. Would you not agree?

Anyone who condones slavery is unethical.

The Bible clearly condones slavery- even if societies in Christian dominated countries no longer due. And the same with the Quran.

No country that I am aware currently has legal slavery. But there is of course a huge problem with illegal slavery across the world. I condemn all of that- what about you?

Judeo-Christian ethics

Jews and Christians in the Western World stopped slavery based on evolving ethics.

Did the Bible for Jews and Christians change? Did the words in the Bible change? How was slavery 'ethical' according to the Bible prior to 1860 but not 'ethical' after 1860?

And btw- Jews had essentially no political power in 'the Western World' to stop the slave trade.

The most notable debate[157] was between Rabbi Morris Jacob Raphall, who defended slavery as it was practiced in the South because slavery was endorsed by the Bible, and rabbi David Einhorn who opposed its current form.[158] However, there were not many Jews in the South, and Jews accounted for only 1.25% of all Southern slave owners.[13] In 1861, Raphall published his views in a treatise called "The Bible View of Slavery".[159] Raphall, and other pro-slavery rabbis such as Isaac Leeser and J. M. Michelbacher (both of Virginia), used the Tanakh (Jewish Bible) to support their arguments.[160]

Abolitionist rabbis, including Einhorn and Michael Heilprin, concerned that Raphall's position would be seen as the official policy of American Judaism, vigorously rebutted his arguments, and argued that slavery – as practiced in the South – was immoral and not endorsed by Judaism.[161]

Ken Yellis, writing in The Forward, has suggested that "the majority of American Jews were mute on the subject, perhaps because they dreaded its tremendous corrosive power. Prior to 1861, there are virtually no instances of rabbinical sermons on slavery, probably due to fear that the controversy would trigger a sectional conflict in which Jewish families would be arrayed on opposite sides. ... America’s largest Jewish community, New York’s Jews were overwhelmingly pro-southern, pro-slavery, and anti-Lincoln in the early years of the war." However, as the war progressed, "and the North’s military victories mounted, feelings began to shift toward ... the Union and eventually, emancipation."[162]

Evolution....including, interpretation of The Bible.

Liberals created this country

Conservatives wanted a monarchy

Based on 1776 criteria, I align with free market Capitalism, free speech, Judeo-Christian ethics, limited Government, and the right to bear arms. In 2017, this criteria maps to Conservatives. In 2017, Liberals are nothing like their 1776 counterparts.
Do you believe government has a responsibility for people to pursue happiness. Did the colonists feed their poor?

What does that even mean? Pursuing happiness is your own responsibility, not the government's.

Judeo-Christian ethics

The Bible clearly condones slavery- even if societies in Christian dominated countries no longer due. And the same with the Quran.

No country that I am aware currently has legal slavery. But there is of course a huge problem with illegal slavery across the world. I condemn all of that- what about you?
The point is that Muslims condone slavery, to this day.

Judeo-Christian ethics

I condemn all forms of Slavery. Further, I celebrate American Exceptionalism for moving far away from Slavery as possible. You mentioned "illegal forms of slavery"....it may be illegal but still tolerated in Muslim, African, and Asian lands. Ironic that it is US always getting slammed for an institution we banned 160 years ago yet nations still practice or ignore today.

I condemn all forms of Slavery. Further, I celebrate American Exceptionalism for moving far away from Slavery as possible. You mentioned "illegal forms of slavery"....it may be illegal but still tolerated in Muslim, African, and Asian lands. Ironic that it is US always getting slammed for an institution we banned 160 years ago yet nations still practice or ignore today.

Actually, the United States not only made slavery illegal 160 years ago- the United States continues to fight against slavery.

I think there is room for both recognizing American complicity in the slave trade 160 years ago and also condemning and fighting the very real issue of illegal slavery around the world.

The point is that slavery is illegal in every Muslim majority country in the world.

But yes- just like the Bible- the Quran does condone slavery.

Evolution....including, interpretation of The Bible.

What an ironic turn of phrase.....

The point is that slavery is illegal in every Muslim majority country in the world.

ROFL! Is it illegal in Libya? Is the law enforced in all these countries? Nope.

ROFL! Is it illegal in Libya? Is the law enforced in all these countries? Nope.

There are lots of countries were the law is not enforced well.

Meanwhile- from a religious point of view- both the Bible and the Quran condone slavery.

And most Christians and most Muslims ignore such condoning.

Forum List

Back