Health Care Is A Right Not a Privilege!

I think that we should really let some of these people go out on their ass and find out that they can’t buy anything for the next few decades because they didn’t have insurance. While I disagree with the Affordable Care Act, I think that we definitely need a much better system than what we have nowadays.

yes a capitalist system in which people are carefully shopping with their own money and providers are competing on the basis of price and quality. It would lower prices to 20% of what they are now and add 15-20 years to our lives.

I can't emphasize enough how I think this kind of argument is a mistake, if your goal is to encourage limited government and a free market. It's a mistake because it implicitly grants the core claim of the statist - that things like the price and quality of services available, and how our health and lifespans, are legitimate concerns of government.

To illustrate my point, if it could be shown that a locked-down police state would lower health care prices by 30% and add 20-30 years to our lives, would you be in favor of it? I'm not saying that's the case, but I trust that even if it were, you'd still be opposed to such a policy. Because maximizing our efficiency as a society should not be the goal of government. The goal of government should be protecting our freedom to voluntarily create the kind of society we want - not to decide what that society should be and force consensus.

I find this post to be confusing.

Promoting a Capitalist based system... A system of private individuals engaging in the private market, to purchase private health insurance, or health care....

Is a mistake because it implicitly grants the core claim of the statist?

Would not the prior post be completely against statism?

Haven't read the thread but --

Watch/read Money-Driven Medicine

At end of WII, most other countries made the very conscious decision to invest in their own countries. The US decided to invest in their military.

The result is what we see today - the US 27th in health but first in bloated military and policeman of the world.

So, we're sick and not well taken care of but damn, we can kill any other country several times over.

Dumb and self destructive.

4A8078449E794DFB8CC33ADD00A6F1AF.gif

Medical research is very expensive, care to guess which country does the most? How many memory challenged Chinese are in nursing homes?

At end of WII, most other countries made the very conscious decision to invest in their own countries. The US decided to invest in their military.

The result is what we see today - the US 27th in health but first in bloated military and policeman of the world.

So, we're sick and not well taken care of but damn, we can kill any other country several times over.

Being healthy, and having good quality care, are two different things.

If I choose to smoke, and choose to drink, and choose to shovel chocolate cake in my face every day, and shoot up drugs.... I'm going to be unhealthy.

Doesn't matter what the health care system is like.

When you say we are not taking care of people, is that a statistical fact, or is that a 'correlation equals causation' fallacy, based on how health we are compared to other countries?

Because if you look at any survival rates of fatal illnesses, we do better than nearly any other country in the world.

europefive-year-cancer-survival-rates5.jpg

Notice who has the highest survival rates in the world? The US.

The truth is, our health care system takes better care of our people, than any other system in the world. If you get sick, your absolute best possible chance to survive it, is here in the US.

If I choose to smoke, and choose to drink, and choose to shovel chocolate cake in my face every day, and shoot up drugs.... I'm going to be unhealthy.

When you say we are not taking care of people, is that a statistical fact, or is that a 'correlation equals causation' fallacy, based on how health we are compared to other countries?

Because if you look at any survival rates of fatal illnesses, we do better than nearly any other country in the world.

The truth is, our health care system takes better care of our people, than any other system in the world. If you get sick, your absolute best possible chance to survive it, is here in the US.

Do those statistics include all people that were alive in those years or just those that had a medical diagnosis of cancer?

Medical research is very expensive, care to guess which country does the most?

once I asked a medical researcher from Italy who was at Yale how she knew her research was not being done somewhere else on earth. She said she didn't even bother to check because it was all being done here.

Liberals don't realize that America invented the health care the world enjoys!!

Do those statistics include all people that were alive in those years or just those that had a medical diagnosis of cancer?

It includes every single person with a diagnosis of cancer. Are they alive in 5 years? That's the survival rate.

Again, why would it include everyone alive? If I'm hit by a car, and die, why would they include that as a strike against the hospital?

Oh gee, how can an intelligent person figure that out?

Well, it says five year survival rate for cancer, I guess that means cancer, and not anything else.

I used to have a professor that kept a record of all the stupid questions people asked in his class during the semester, and then hand out an award for the dumbest. Your question would probably have won the award hands down.

You have no idea. I hang my head in shame.

good for you! Calling names like a child
with no justification is shameful. Ask your mother if you doubt it.

He did not call you names, he said you are insane. I happen to agree with him, maybe you should consider seeing a professional.

another idiot who calls names like a small child. Obviously you would present your reasons if you had them. Are you fooling yourself at least?

Forum List

Back