Here’s Proof That the Modern Day GOP Built Itself on Racism

1469124735-Ebj_Pr.jpg

Those are interns .. the party can choose whatever interns they want.

I suppose we 'lefties' told republicans to choose virtually all white interns.

Your argument is absolutely ridiculous.

You are a moron.

This reflects very high rates of minority identification as Democrats.

You just demonstrated the behavior I called you on.

You are citing the low rate of minority republicans as "proof" of republican racism.

What it is proof of is generations of effecting lying and race baiting by the Left.

YOu are tearing this nation apart.

1469124735-Ebj_Pr.jpg

You are a moron.

You are citing the low rate of minority republicans as "proof" of republican racism.

What it is proof of is generations of effecting lying and race baiting by the Left.

YOU just demonstrated why Blacks, Asians, Jews, Muslims, Hispanics .. and no other non-white demographic in America votes for republicans in the majority .. not one.

Of course in your pea-brain head, that's just everybody else's fault .. republicans claim no responsibility for its own fate .. lefties did it.

Question dummy .. did lefties tell republicans to dump its black support in favor of chasing racists in the Southern Strategy? African-Americans were once overwhelmingly republican .. but of course republicans had nothing at all to do with losing that support.

:lol: YOU are why blacks and nobody else but old angry white men vote for republicans in the majority.

thanks
Bullshit.

The media is why blacks vote for Democrats, not anything Republicans have done.

Did you know that Democrats are busy destroying the institutions of this country in hopes of crashing the economy and thusly destroying the economic stability of this society. This is why they coddle criminals, literally celebrating them at the same time they're attacking hard working law abiding citizens. Who will suffer more than the poor if they are successful?

Moronic .. as usual. :0)

But the good news is that it doesn't matter what you think or who you think is responsible for the demise of the Republican Party. It's going to happen anyway .. and that is all that matters to me.

thanks again :0)
What's gonna happen?

I'll tell you what's gonna happen dumbass, the government can't tax enough to pay the benefits of people on fix-incomes collecting Social Security and welfare. You'll be living in tents and standing in soups lines. Let the Democrats spend and spend bringing millions of refugees here to vote for them. They'll cut off the poor and force them to eat what they want them to eat, live where they want them to live. No more air-conditioning for us poverty strickened Middle-class assholes. Only members can have climate control in their homes. You won't be able to afford a car, so get used to walking asshole. And once you reach a certain age and you're no longer useful, they'll cut off your medical and just give you a pill.....better yet, just off yourself because there isn't enough free shit to go around.

Again, I don't give a fuck what you think .. you don't know shit.

Your stupid ass didn't know that Trump could never be president .. you still don't know that he has no intention of ever being the president. You'd have to be a moron not to see what is so plainly obvious about your great white hope. :0)

Now you're trying to convince me that you can foresee the future. :lol: .. Check this out Ms. Cleo .. I see a much brighter future for this country then you do. An America without the vile hand of RW hate and interference is an America that will be better for my children, grandchildren, and all people of conscience then it is today. An America without the hand of RW hate will be better for everybody.

You RWers can preach all the gloom and doom you can dream up .. won't make any difference .. nobody cares but you.

Hahahaha....I already read the post dipshit.
I love you dancing for me.
It was called the liberal republicans, because the other parts of the party were moderate and conservative.

Obviously you didn't, or you couldn't have shot yourself in the foot as you just did.

And no, that's not a logical conclusion at all; it simply means the LR were MORE "Liberal" than the rest of the RP. It doesn't make them "conservative" just as the presence of California doesn't make Nevada "the east coast". Apparently this beyond-binary thinking process is beyond your capability.

....again showing the southern strategy was and is a hoax.

And once again, the name of a political faction from 1872 shows absolutely NOTHING about what took place a hundred years later. And I already laid this out in 175, in the involved Republicans' own words.

You lose, troll.

Sorry you do.....the whole.premise of the southern strategy is bullshit.
Which racists became republicans?
When did the democrats have a more.conservstive candidate?

First....less than 2 percent switched parties.
Second....maybe cleveland or mecllelan?

Now which of these things did republicans do?
Trail of tears?
Slavery?
Segregation?
Lynching?
Gun control?
Create gehttos?
Shitty inner city Schools?
Welfare?
Mocked morality?

You are a moron.

You are a moron.

YOU just demonstrated why Blacks, Asians, Jews, Muslims, Hispanics .. and no other non-white demographic in America votes for republicans in the majority .. not one.

Of course in your pea-brain head, that's just everybody else's fault .. republicans claim no responsibility for its own fate .. lefties did it.

Question dummy .. did lefties tell republicans to dump its black support in favor of chasing racists in the Southern Strategy? African-Americans were once overwhelmingly republican .. but of course republicans had nothing at all to do with losing that support.

:lol: YOU are why blacks and nobody else but old angry white men vote for republicans in the majority.

thanks
Bullshit.

The media is why blacks vote for Democrats, not anything Republicans have done.

Did you know that Democrats are busy destroying the institutions of this country in hopes of crashing the economy and thusly destroying the economic stability of this society. This is why they coddle criminals, literally celebrating them at the same time they're attacking hard working law abiding citizens. Who will suffer more than the poor if they are successful?

Moronic .. as usual. :0)

But the good news is that it doesn't matter what you think or who you think is responsible for the demise of the Republican Party. It's going to happen anyway .. and that is all that matters to me.

thanks again :0)
What's gonna happen?

I'll tell you what's gonna happen dumbass, the government can't tax enough to pay the benefits of people on fix-incomes collecting Social Security and welfare. You'll be living in tents and standing in soups lines. Let the Democrats spend and spend bringing millions of refugees here to vote for them. They'll cut off the poor and force them to eat what they want them to eat, live where they want them to live. No more air-conditioning for us poverty strickened Middle-class assholes. Only members can have climate control in their homes. You won't be able to afford a car, so get used to walking asshole. And once you reach a certain age and you're no longer useful, they'll cut off your medical and just give you a pill.....better yet, just off yourself because there isn't enough free shit to go around.

Again, I don't give a fuck what you think .. you don't know shit.

Your stupid ass didn't know that Trump could never be president .. you still don't know that he has no intention of ever being the president. You'd have to be a moron not to see what is so plainly obvious about your great white hope. :0)

Now you're trying to convince me that you can foresee the future. :lol: .. Check this out Ms. Cleo .. I see a much brighter future for this country then you do. An America without the vile hand of RW hate and interference is an America that will be better for my children, grandchildren, and all people of conscience then it is today. An America without the hand of RW hate will be better for everybody.

You RWers can preach all the gloom and doom you can dream up .. won't make any difference .. nobody cares but you.

Great keep posting on how you want welfare and how democrats really do great things in the city

The usual “go-to” rhetoric from many conservatives and Republicans regarding racism harkens back to the fact that during the days of the Civil War, the creation and rise of the Ku Klux Klan and the decades of segregation, the Democratic party was mostly behind all of that.

Well, that much is true; there’s no denying that Democrats were once a party driven by white supremacy and overrun with racists.

The problem, of course, is that there’s a distinction which is often overlooked by these modern day Republicans who often use this rhetoric: When the Democratic party was the party of racism, they were considered conservatives while Republicans were considered the liberals. It’s why Republicans mostly flourished in the North while Democrats ruled the South.

That all began to change around the mid-40’s during President Truman’s time in office. He was the first Democratic president who really began to push civil rights into the Democratic platform. It was a move which was so controversial among Southern Democrats that it briefly spawned the “Dixiecrats” in 1948, which was a segregationist party that picked renowned racist Strom Thurmond as its presidential candidate, winning the states of Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana and Georgia.

I would like to point out that those are all former Confederate states and are currently states considered “strongly Republican.”

By the way, the staunch racist and segregationist Thurmond, who was furious that Democrats were embracing equality, denounced his allegiance to the party in 1964 and joined the Republicans. You know, the same year the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was signed, officially ending segregation. This was also around the same time that the GOP was implementing what’s known as the “Southern Strategy” – a strategic ploy to pander to white racism to lure in voters as more African-Americans began aligning with Democrats.

Interesting fact: Between the Senate and the House, only 9 of the 124 politicians from “Confederate states” (all Democrats) voted for the Civil Rights Act. It didn’t get a single Southern Republican vote – not one.

There’s a reason why when we look at our nation’s history, practically every state that fought for the Confederacy, and in turn supported slavery (and are today “red”/Republican states), are also the same ones that:
  • Opposed women’s suffrage.
  • Supported segregation.
  • Banned interracial marriage.
  • Opposed the Civil Rights Act.
As The Guardian points out concerning the vote on the Civil Rights Act:

You can see that geography was far more predictive of voting coalitions on the Civil Rights than party affiliation.

And why is that? Because this was right in the middle of the transition where Republicans began to embrace racism and Democrats were pushing for civil rights and equality. And once again, the “constant” in determining which states were on the “right side of history” on these issues came down to who fought for the North and who fought for the South – regardless of party affiliation.

While some Democrats remained in the South through the 70’s and 80’s, most of them were leftovers from the past as Republicans continued to gain a stronghold over most of these former Confederate states. And as we all know, Republicans are now the unheralded political force in most of the former Confederate South.

So, it’s not exactly difficult to follow the historical pattern that began during the 40’s to see where the dynamics of the parties switched, as Democrats embraced equality and civil rights while the Republican party was quick to embrace the racism and hate Democrats were leaving behind.

That’s why when I encounter one of these Republicans who ignores this clear historic shift between the parties (which is almost always) I ask these three questions:
  1. What party do white supremacists and the KKK vote for today?
  2. Which party elected former Grand Wizard of the KKK, David Duke, in 1989?
  3. Which party had one of its highest ranking member speak in front of a white supremacist group in 2001?
Typically you won’t get many of these folks to give you a straight answer to any of those, if they’ll even answer them at all. They usually just deflect back to 50+ years ago because they know the answers to those questions are all the same: The Republican party.

Oh, and let me debunk a quick myth that’s been going around about Bill Clinton and a campaign button from his 1992 election depicting the Confederate flag. While the button apparently did exist, it was never sanctioned by the Clinton campaign and was basically just something someone made on their own. It “proves” nothing because it has no ties or affiliation with the former president’s campaign in any way.

Like I’ve said plenty of times before, denial is a powerful thing. Conservatives will continue to cling to their myths, folklores and delusions because that’s what they’ve been told their whole lives and no amount of factual evidence will ever matter to the overwhelming majority of these people.

But the indisputable facts remain that practically every state that fought for the Confederacy, and supported some of the most horrific policies in our nation’s history, today are all “strongly Republican,” and the modern day GOP is supported by white supremacist groups and the KKK.

And while conservatives can twist all of this however they like (and I’m sure they will) that doesn’t change the reality they seem determined to pretend doesn’t exist.

No Longer the Party of Lincoln: Here's Proof That the Modern Day GOP Built Itself on Racism

Although Democrats were once a party driven by white supremacy and racism - the Party of Lincoln now owns that legacy.

So Woodrow Wilson and FDR were conservatives?

That alone proves you're totally full of shit. Democrats have always been in favor of big government and tax and spend.

Nope. You have the utter ignorance of American history upon which your propagandists heavily depend.

The influence of liberals in the Democratic party started before Truman. However, the Democratic Party was predominantly conservative until the 1940s/1950s.

FDR's conservative vice president, John Nance Garner of Texas, was so angry with FDR's deficit spending and the New Deal's expansion of federal powers that he ran against FDR for the 1940 Democratic nomination.

Garner was beaten by FDR, and returned to Texas. He was replaced by Henry Wallace as FDR's VP.

Puhleeze, douche bag, who do you think you're fooling? Do you actually claim that Woodrow Wilson wasn't a progressive? Are you claiming that FDR wasn't a liberal?

All you've done is self identify as a moron.

By the mid-1860s, the Republican Party’s alliance with blacks had caused a noticeable strain on the Democrats’ struggle for electoral significance in the post-Civil War era. This prompted the Democratic Party in 1866 to develop a new pseudo-secret political action group whose sole purpose was to help gain control of the electorate. The new group was known simply by their initials, KKK (Ku Klux Klan).

Yet more binary-bot Bullshit.
Number one, the Klan was formed in 1865, same year as the Civil War ended;

number two, "getting control of the electorate" wasn't a reality in a defeated would-be nation that had been disenfranchised by its victor -- there was no "electorate";

number three, the Klan was established by six Confederate veterans: (Capt) John Lester, (Capt) John Kennedy Frank McCord, James (Maj) James Crowe, Calvin Jones and Richard Reed, none of whom were politically active or had any known political affiliation at all;

number four, it was formed as a joke and had nothing to do even with racism, let alone politics -- that element would infiltrate later from the already-existing "slave patrols", which were also not a political movement.

Again --- rewriting history.

his political relationship was nationally solidified shortly thereafter during the 1868 Democratic National Convention when former Civil War General Nathan Bedford Forrest was honored as the KKK’s first Grand Wizard.

Forrest, a well-known general from the War, was recruited by the disparate Klan in April 1867 to be its figurehead as a move to give the group the credibility of his name. When its activities got out of hand and engaged in violence, he issued his first and only General Order less than two years later, officially disbanding the Klan and ordering its regalia to be destroyed (January 1869). This order would be largely ignored and the movement continued without a figurehead on an ad hoc local basis for about four more years before it was extinguished (1873)

One of the most vivid examples of collusion between the KKK and Democratic Party was when Democrat Senator Wade Hampton ran for the governorship of South Carolina in 1876. The Klan put into action a battle plan to help Democrats win, stating: “Every Democrat must feel honor bound to control the vote of at least one Negro by intimidation…. Democrats must go in as large numbers…and well-armed.”

Again, Bullshit. The Klan was defunct by 1876, especially in South Carolina.

Bullshit I seen their literature a few years ago in my town, in fact it made national headlines

That's the SECOND Klan, formed in 1915 by "Colonel Joe" Simmons, modeled after the film "Birth of a Nation", after the original Klan had been dead over four decades.

And he had no political affiliation either.

However, Klan members were all Democrats.

You Democrats still need to white wash your horrible history don't you?

:lol:

Gee, guess who first introduced what would later become the 19th Amendment? And guess what party he belonged to?

"In January 1878, Senator Sargent introduced the 29 words that would later become the 19th Amendment to the Constitution of the United States, allowing women the right to vote. Sargent’s wife, Ellen Clark Sargent, was a leading voting rights advocate, and a friend of such suffrage leaders as Susan B. Anthony. The bill calling for the amendment would be introduced unsuccessfully each year for the next forty years. Sargent returned to California in 1880."

Aaron A. Sargent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have news for you. Lincoln hated State's Rights and the Supreme Court. He ignored 'constitutional principles' and laughed at the Court as illegitimate when they ruled against him, since he never gave a shit about the constitution or principles as he wasn't a conservative when he launch a civil war against state's rights.
No...he hated you slavry owner/slavery champion liberals....

There's no such thing. That's an oxymoron. You can't be a "Liberal" and own a slave. They're mutually exclusive.

True, but you aren't a liberal. You're a Stalinist, as are most members of the Democrat party.

I appreciate your sincerity .. but the Republican Party is virtually all white and has never understood the power of diversity.

Democrats figured that out and prosper today because of it.

You lefties spend generations lying about the GOP as being the Party of Racism and then use our low levels of Minority Support as "proof" that it is our fault.

1469124735-Ebj_Pr.jpg

Speaker Paul Ryan seems very proud of his all-white interns. Sadly funny...

Why should he not be? Because they are white?

And you fuckers call us "racist"?!

Of all institutions, our government should set the standard for embracing diversity. It's who we are. Ryan just further proves what a racist bunch of assholes his GOP party is.

Why should we embrace diversity? The so-called benefits are a myth.

Both sides, Lakota, although I was speaking primarily of the Dems in this case. The Dems never took up the mantle of freedom-fighters, in terms of race, until the 60's and JFK. But until, say, the 80's, I don't think it ever occurred to Republicans that there was an anti-racism stance for them to lay claim to. It's as if they never saw it as theirs until it was already gone.

I wish it was a moot point. I really do. I wish there wasn't a situation in which either side had more of a claim than the other. But when you look at the real history, you have to hand it to Republicans. At no point have they ever taken a party stance against equality, while Dems have. And when you look at what really counts... what really counts didn't happen when it was the 60's, 70's, etc. Unless you put an 18 in front of those numbers. Because that's when the real sacrifices happened. Literally hundreds if not thousands of Republicans standing up for liberation and equality were literally lynched right alongside those they wanted to free. They risked more than any Dem of the last 50 years. And they lost. And they kept at it anyway.

Don't cheapen it.

I appreciate your sincerity .. but the Republican Party is virtually all white and has never understood the power of diversity.

Diversity is just another form of bigotry....particularly giving preference to specific political classes.

Which is why RW'ers are against it.

It's wrong......but Democrats use it to get votes.

Like for example "they're rapists"...?

Or "let's register/deport/stop all Muslims"?

Or "the judge is biased because his parents were Mexican"?

Or "Pocahontas"?

Or putting a Star of David on a political attack ad?

Or mocking a congenital nerve disorder?

That does add up to a lot of votes. How do they make them do that?

Those are all lies, of course. How do you get through the day when you know what a douche bag you are?

[
Whatever .. just don't whine like a pig about blacks supporting whomever the fuck they want to support.

Voting based on skin color is racist and stupid, but if it turns you on, go for it.

Blacks will be on the winning side of this election .. you .. you're just another fool who got played by Trump like a two-dollar whore.

All Trump has to do is shut up, and he wins. :dunno:

Get real dude .. you vote based on skin color .. WHITE

Trump doesn't want to win .. he never did.

If Trump Were a Clinton Plant, What Would He Do Differently?
Donald Trump talks a lot about winning but he runs a campaign that almost seems intended to fail — and wreak havoc on the GOP in the process. Could he be helping an unpopular Hillary Clinton more if he tried?
If Trump Were a Clinton Plant, What Would He Do Differently? - WhoWhatWhy

You vote based on skin color. You even gloat about it.

The usual “go-to” rhetoric from many conservatives and Republicans regarding racism harkens back to the fact that during the days of the Civil War, the creation and rise of the Ku Klux Klan and the decades of segregation, the Democratic party was mostly behind all of that.

Well, that much is true; there’s no denying that Democrats were once a party driven by white supremacy and overrun with racists.

The problem, of course, is that there’s a distinction which is often overlooked by these modern day Republicans who often use this rhetoric: When the Democratic party was the party of racism, they were considered conservatives while Republicans were considered the liberals. It’s why Republicans mostly flourished in the North while Democrats ruled the South.

That all began to change around the mid-40’s during President Truman’s time in office. He was the first Democratic president who really began to push civil rights into the Democratic platform. It was a move which was so controversial among Southern Democrats that it briefly spawned the “Dixiecrats” in 1948, which was a segregationist party that picked renowned racist Strom Thurmond as its presidential candidate, winning the states of Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana and Georgia.

I would like to point out that those are all former Confederate states and are currently states considered “strongly Republican.”

By the way, the staunch racist and segregationist Thurmond, who was furious that Democrats were embracing equality, denounced his allegiance to the party in 1964 and joined the Republicans. You know, the same year the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was signed, officially ending segregation. This was also around the same time that the GOP was implementing what’s known as the “Southern Strategy” – a strategic ploy to pander to white racism to lure in voters as more African-Americans began aligning with Democrats.

Interesting fact: Between the Senate and the House, only 9 of the 124 politicians from “Confederate states” (all Democrats) voted for the Civil Rights Act. It didn’t get a single Southern Republican vote – not one.

There’s a reason why when we look at our nation’s history, practically every state that fought for the Confederacy, and in turn supported slavery (and are today “red”/Republican states), are also the same ones that:
  • Opposed women’s suffrage.
  • Supported segregation.
  • Banned interracial marriage.
  • Opposed the Civil Rights Act.
As The Guardian points out concerning the vote on the Civil Rights Act:

You can see that geography was far more predictive of voting coalitions on the Civil Rights than party affiliation.

And why is that? Because this was right in the middle of the transition where Republicans began to embrace racism and Democrats were pushing for civil rights and equality. And once again, the “constant” in determining which states were on the “right side of history” on these issues came down to who fought for the North and who fought for the South – regardless of party affiliation.

While some Democrats remained in the South through the 70’s and 80’s, most of them were leftovers from the past as Republicans continued to gain a stronghold over most of these former Confederate states. And as we all know, Republicans are now the unheralded political force in most of the former Confederate South.

So, it’s not exactly difficult to follow the historical pattern that began during the 40’s to see where the dynamics of the parties switched, as Democrats embraced equality and civil rights while the Republican party was quick to embrace the racism and hate Democrats were leaving behind.

That’s why when I encounter one of these Republicans who ignores this clear historic shift between the parties (which is almost always) I ask these three questions:
  1. What party do white supremacists and the KKK vote for today?
  2. Which party elected former Grand Wizard of the KKK, David Duke, in 1989?
  3. Which party had one of its highest ranking member speak in front of a white supremacist group in 2001?
Typically you won’t get many of these folks to give you a straight answer to any of those, if they’ll even answer them at all. They usually just deflect back to 50+ years ago because they know the answers to those questions are all the same: The Republican party.

Oh, and let me debunk a quick myth that’s been going around about Bill Clinton and a campaign button from his 1992 election depicting the Confederate flag. While the button apparently did exist, it was never sanctioned by the Clinton campaign and was basically just something someone made on their own. It “proves” nothing because it has no ties or affiliation with the former president’s campaign in any way.

Like I’ve said plenty of times before, denial is a powerful thing. Conservatives will continue to cling to their myths, folklores and delusions because that’s what they’ve been told their whole lives and no amount of factual evidence will ever matter to the overwhelming majority of these people.

But the indisputable facts remain that practically every state that fought for the Confederacy, and supported some of the most horrific policies in our nation’s history, today are all “strongly Republican,” and the modern day GOP is supported by white supremacist groups and the KKK.

And while conservatives can twist all of this however they like (and I’m sure they will) that doesn’t change the reality they seem determined to pretend doesn’t exist.

No Longer the Party of Lincoln: Here's Proof That the Modern Day GOP Built Itself on Racism

Although Democrats were once a party driven by white supremacy and racism - the Party of Lincoln now owns that legacy.

For crap sake leftists. LEARN some history... Take it up with PBS for example..

WGBH American Experience | PBS

At the time of Ulysses S. Grant's election to the presidency, white supremacists were conducting a reign of terror throughout the South. In outright defiance of the Republican-led federal government, Southern Democrats formed organizations that violently intimidated blacks and Republicans who tried to win political power.

The most prominent of these, the Ku Klux Klan, was formed in Pulaski, Tennessee, in 1865. Originally founded as a social club for former Confederate soldiers, the Klan evolved into a terrorist organization. It would be responsible for thousands of deaths, and would help to weaken the political power of Southern blacks and Republicans.

Racist activity in the South often took the form of riots that targeted blacks and Republicans.

Get it???? The early KKK was at WAR with Republicans. Then there's your weak-ass claim that since the South is now largely Republican --- they must be racist. Again -- you fail history big time. The Dem party CONCEDED the south to the Republicans because they could not tolerate the "Blue Dog" Democrats. Killed them all off and wrote the South off. INCLUDING those racist Dems who vote Dem because their KKK GrandPappies voted Dem.

They exterminated the Blue Dogs because they wanted Fiscal responsibility and actually VALUED the Constitution and particularly the 10th amendment. They were actually libertarians. So they were SILENCED. and all those Dem racists were left "disenfranchised"...

The Southern Strategy turned the Deep South from blue to red. The Democratic Party's right wing conservatives began rebelling against the liberal wing of their party during FDR's administration.

FDR's right wing conservative Vice President, John Garner of Texas, was so fed up with FDR's liberal policies that he ran against FDR for the Democratic nomination in 1940. He went down in defeat and returned to Texas. FDR replaced his VP with Henry Wallace.

In the 1948 election, the Democratic Party suffered a three way split, with Strom Thurmond leading the right wing conservatives into forming the States' Rights Democratic Party in direct opposition to Truman's campaign.

States Rights. That right there indicates the conservatism of that wing of the party. The states righters wanted to preserve Jim Crow and white supremacy.

Strom Thurmond later gave up on the Democratic Party's liberalism and became a leading conservative of the Republican Party.

The leader of the Democratic conservative coalition in the Senate was Richard Russell. He kept every piece of civil rights legislation from being passed for decades. And he was as right wing conservative as it gets. The dipshits who focus on the fact these southerners were Democrats are deliberately kept ignorant of the fact they were far right conservatives. And they make themselves look like damned fools in their ignorance every time they reach back into our history of which they know NOTHING to point out the party affiliation of the far right wing southerners.

No one was ever sure what Lyndon Johnson's political bent was. When he was around liberals, he talked like a liberal. When he was around conservatives, he talked like a conservative. He was as weasely and slimy a politician as it gets. But he was also brilliant, and got himself into the good graces of the House Democratic Leader/Speaker (Sam Rayburn), and the leader of the Senate Democrats (Richard Russell).

Russell believed Johnson to be a conservative, and made LBJ the Senate Majority Leader in LBJ's first term. This violated more than a century's tradition of seniority. However, the Majority Leader position at that time was a figurehead position and not one anyone wanted. Majority Leaders were mocked for their ineffectiveness. All the power actually rested with Richard Russell.

Russell groomed LBJ for the Presidency, but LBJ was outmaneuvered by JFK. JFK then picked LBJ as his running mate in order to win the Southern conservative vote, since he knew LBJ was Russell's boy.

JFK proved to be too liberal for the Southerners. This is why JFK traveled to Texas that fateful November of 1963. He went to meet the Governor of Texas, John Connally, because Connally was the leader of the Southern conservative faction that was breaking away from the Democrats.

It was also suspected that JFK was going to dump LBJ for his second term run and was considering Connally for his running mate. Again, to win the conservative Democratic vote.

Anyway, the year 1958 is probably the year when the Republican and Democratic parties had an equal balance of conservatives and liberals in both parties.

After that, the Democrats began shifting left, and the Republicans began shifting right.

Nixon's Southern Strategy was greatly responsible for the acceleration of that shift.

By 1968, you Communists took full control of the democratic party - and have held control since.
And here we see the intellectual bandwidth of the tards is equal to that of a bumper sticker.

To far right wing dipshits like yourself, everyone is to the left. Even conservatives like myself.

But at least you got the political orientation of the Left correct this time, instead of conflating them with Nazis, who are right wing.

Here, let me bumper stickerize it for you.

Extreme Left: Communists.

Extreme Right: Nazis.

You are about as conservative as Pol Pot.

Both sides, Lakota, although I was speaking primarily of the Dems in this case. The Dems never took up the mantle of freedom-fighters, in terms of race, until the 60's and JFK. But until, say, the 80's, I don't think it ever occurred to Republicans that there was an anti-racism stance for them to lay claim to. It's as if they never saw it as theirs until it was already gone.

I wish it was a moot point. I really do. I wish there wasn't a situation in which either side had more of a claim than the other. But when you look at the real history, you have to hand it to Republicans. At no point have they ever taken a party stance against equality, while Dems have. And when you look at what really counts... what really counts didn't happen when it was the 60's, 70's, etc. Unless you put an 18 in front of those numbers. Because that's when the real sacrifices happened. Literally hundreds if not thousands of Republicans standing up for liberation and equality were literally lynched right alongside those they wanted to free. They risked more than any Dem of the last 50 years. And they lost. And they kept at it anyway.

Don't cheapen it.

Diversity is just another form of bigotry.....

Diversity is just another form of bigotry

:lol: I stopped reading right there :lol: It's mindless.

.. but you keep thinking that diversity equals bigotry .. as your racist party dissolves into meaningless. :0)
That why you don't learn nothing.

Diversity is just a code word. It's like people who kill the unborn like to say they are pro-choice. It's a sugar coating of a terrible practice. They don't like the sound of being Pro-Abortion, so they changed it to pro-choice. Diversity is just another word for people who wear rose colored glasses who like to infringe on our freedoms. The freedom to pick someone to work for you because of their qualifications rather than their race, religion, or gender. Excluding whites from collecting benefits because honky motherfuckers need some payback. Forcing someone to have to live where they don't want to.

:lol: You're a fucking moron .. and I'm glad that you see diversity as bigotry .. an ignorance that has led to the demise of the Republican Party.

thanks

So-called "diversity" is bigotry. It's a code word for racial preferences. Only morons like you are fooled.

It's called re-writing history, The powerful often do that.

Who is rewriting history?

Obviously your entire OP is a fractured fiction of the real history. I don't know how you figure out how to post.
Because thread after thread --- all I see is parroted propaganda with hardly any sauce on it.

Well, sparky, different strokes for different folks. Which political party do the racists gravitate to? Are more racists going to vote for Trump or Hillary?

Why did Trump bring in Breitbart racists from the fever swamp to run his campaign?

57b477aa180000ad02bcb56e.jpg

SUICIDE SQUAD: Trump Recruits Fresh Posse Of Poison

Last edited:

Forum List

Back