🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Hey republicans, how exactly are we supposed to fix the stagnant wage problem?

Why should it matter? I'm one of the guys that's creating the technologies that allow that increase in productivity and I would want it used to float all boats. Everybody has to adapt to the new paradigms that are required to use the technology. Why shouldn't they benefit as well?

Of course it matters.

Laborers get paid according to their skill level.

If what used to take a highly trained workers 5 hours to make by hand now takes an idiot who knows how to push a button 5 minutes why should the idiot get paid what the craftsman was getting paid?
What do you manufacture that you think gets built that way? What I've seen is that for instance, a circuit board might have been hand stuffed years ago. Then a fancy new component stuffing machine comes along and does it better. You still have to have people who pull the parts from inventory, program the insertion sequence, deal with malfunctions, maintain the machine, etc.

If you want to talk about jobs like McDonald's where automated ordering has increased efficiency, why should the people who work there make less than their predecessors? The aspects of the job they still perform are no less complex or physically strenuous.
OK Mr literal.

Next time I won't use a hypothetical since that seems to be beyond you.

A program a sequence only needs to be entered once by one or a few people thereby allowing many other people who do not know how to program the machine to monitor it. Productivity goes up even though the number of skilled people needed diminishes.

Either way more work is being done by less skilled labor and less skilled labor is not worth the same as highly skilled labor.
Sometimes the devil is in the details and it doesn't seem like you really know anything about manufacturing. That the machine is there doesn't make it any easier for the people who have to tend it. Oftentimes it's much harder because when there's a malfunction, it's very painful to get back on track.

When there is a malfunction the unskilled guy monitoring the machine calls the skilled guy to fix it.

Once again there are fewer skilled repair people needed and the lower skilled people are paid according to their skill level.

You seem to think every person on the factory floor knows how to rip apart every machine as well as write the computer code for it and you say I don't know what I'm talking about?

Excuse me while I chuckle.
I've seen with my own eyes the people who used to do things by hand having to deal with the machines that were set up to increase efficiency. They might not perform a major overhaul but they have to know a lot more than they did and for not much more pay.

So tell me expert, what the hell have you ever manufactured? I was under the impression that you were more of a paper pusher.

Government doesn't create jobs ... Unless of course you are simply counting government jobs. Of course that subject is covered in another thread.

Government creates millions of jobs

The entire defense industry is government created. Construction jobs, medical, legal and don't forget penal

I posted it would be perfectly okay to count government jobs ... If you feel like arguing about it any further, look in the mirror because I don't care.

So...therefore you are wrong in saying the government does not create jobs
Saying government creates jobs is equivalent to saying the IRS creates tax revenue. It's a typical ridiculous statement made by libtardians.

LOL ... I was trying to keep it simple for rightwinger. Give him a minute and he will come up with something to argue with.

Government doesn't create jobs ... Unless of course you are simply counting government jobs. Of course that subject is covered in another thread.

The entire defense industry is government created. Construction jobs, medical, legal and don't forget penal

I posted it would be perfectly okay to count government jobs ... If you feel like arguing about it any further, look in the mirror because I don't care.

Saying government creates jobs is equivalent to saying the IRS creates tax revenue. It's a typical ridiculous statement made by libtardians.

There's no one employed in the defense industry?

There is a very good chance these people who voted for the Republicans will be disappointed once again. For the most part, GOP candidates staked their wins not on a clear economic message but on frustration and anger at Obama.

Gee a post that has nothing to do with the thread, just exposing more butt hurt in losing three weeks ago.

Stagnant wages are certainly an issue. Stagnant wages are a reality. Stagnant wages hurt our county's economy.
For most workers, real wages have barely budged for decades
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...rs-real-wages-have-barely-budged-for-decades/
Wage stagnation - The big freeze
Wage stagnation The big freeze The Economist

Stagnant wages now our biggest economic worry
Stagnant wages now our biggest economic worry - MarketWatch
Stagnant wages stalling economic recovery
Stagnant wages stalling economic recovery - The Portland Press Herald Maine Sunday Telegram
Corporate profits have not been mirrored by wage increases as this article clearly demonstrates If one looks at the two charts contained within this article, wages used to reflect the profits, but that has all changed. Why? Please go to this link: These Two Charts Show How The Priorities Of US Companies Have Gotten Screwed Up
Read more: Corporate Profits Just Hit An All-Time High Wages Just Hit An All-Time Low - Business Insider

Don't you think the rise in the numbers on food stamps are due to unemployment and low wages? The rules did not changed, just the number of people who qualify under the old rules

Of course I do. But giving them money won't solve anything. The reason they qualify, despite this amazing economy the liberals say we live in, is because they can't get a job/don't have one. Of course the unemployment rate is SO LOW this isn't really an issue.

Tell that to the 92 million americans currently out of work.

If giving them money does not solve anything, what does not giving them money solve?

Which society do you live in?

The government has created millions of high paying defense industry jobs
Construction jobs related to roads, bridges, schools, public buildings are all government created
VA Hospitals and medical research are all government created

Stagnant wages are certainly an issue. Stagnant wages are a reality. Stagnant wages hurt our county's economy.
For most workers, real wages have barely budged for decades
For most workers real wages have barely budged for decades Pew Research Center
Wage stagnation - The big freeze
Wage stagnation The big freeze The Economist

Stagnant wages now our biggest economic worry
Stagnant wages now our biggest economic worry - MarketWatch
Stagnant wages stalling economic recovery
Stagnant wages stalling economic recovery - The Portland Press Herald Maine Sunday Telegram
Corporate profits have not been mirrored by wage increases as this article clearly demonstrates If one looks at the two charts contained within this article, wages used to reflect the profits, but that has all changed. Why? Please go to this link: These Two Charts Show How The Priorities Of US Companies Have Gotten Screwed Up
Read more: Corporate Profits Just Hit An All-Time High Wages Just Hit An All-Time Low - Business Insider

Are you suggesting that an increase in the minimum wage will help people reach the height of their earning potential ... Or what else would you suggest?

Of course it matters.

Laborers get paid according to their skill level.

If what used to take a highly trained workers 5 hours to make by hand now takes an idiot who knows how to push a button 5 minutes why should the idiot get paid what the craftsman was getting paid?
What do you manufacture that you think gets built that way? What I've seen is that for instance, a circuit board might have been hand stuffed years ago. Then a fancy new component stuffing machine comes along and does it better. You still have to have people who pull the parts from inventory, program the insertion sequence, deal with malfunctions, maintain the machine, etc.

If you want to talk about jobs like McDonald's where automated ordering has increased efficiency, why should the people who work there make less than their predecessors? The aspects of the job they still perform are no less complex or physically strenuous.
OK Mr literal.

A program a sequence only needs to be entered once by one or a few people thereby allowing many other people who do not know how to program the machine to monitor it. Productivity goes up even though the number of skilled people needed diminishes.

Either way more work is being done by less skilled labor and less skilled labor is not worth the same as highly skilled labor.
Sometimes the devil is in the details and it doesn't seem like you really know anything about manufacturing. That the machine is there doesn't make it any easier for the people who have to tend it. Oftentimes it's much harder because when there's a malfunction, it's very painful to get back on track.

When there is a malfunction the unskilled guy monitoring the machine calls the skilled guy to fix it.

Once again there are fewer skilled repair people needed and the lower skilled people are paid according to their skill level.

You seem to think every person on the factory floor knows how to rip apart every machine as well as write the computer code for it and you say I don't know what I'm talking about?

I've seen with my own eyes the people who used to do things by hand having to deal with the machines that were set up to increase efficiency. They might not perform a major overhaul but they have to know a lot more than they did and for not much more pay.

So tell me expert, what the hell have you ever manufactured? I was under the impression that you were more of a paper pusher.

Now maybe but I spent my time on a factory floor running machinery that I neither programmed nor repaired.

It's not too hard to insert wood stock into computerized lathe now is it?

Tell me is that worth the same as a guy who actually hand turns the stock?

Let me help you out here:

The answer is no.

OK Mr literal.

Now maybe but I spent my time on a factory floor running machinery that I neither programmed nor repaired.

It's not too hard to insert wood stock into computerized lathe now is it?

Tell me is that worth the same as a guy who actually hand turns the stock?

Let me help you out here:

The answer is no.
I'll agree with your experience. It's not universal though. Your computerized lathe probably didn't jam much and if it did, you'd open up the tailstock, pull out the old piece and put in a new one. The manufacturing machines I have experience with can jam up horribly and when they do, there's not just one piece that needs to be replaced - there are a bunch.

Increasing automation creates new industries and careers. It also eliminates many manual labor jobs. The smart worker constantly looks for opportunities to master new skills and increase his value to the company. Failure to do so means the eventual loss of employment.

If republicans are too immature to admit the low wage problem can't be fixed through forcefully raising the minimum wage, how exactly are we supposed to boost wages? Since the recession there has been a significant decrease of high wage jobs and a significant increase of low wage jobs. How do we fix poverty if 10s of millions of Americans HAVE NO CHOICE but to accept low wage jobs?

Let's pretend republicans had full control over this issue. What would republicans do to boost wages? I want specific answers. Don't give me crap like "undo democratic bullshit of the last 6 years derp derp derp". I want SPECIFIC AND DETAILED steps on how we are supposed to boost wages in this county if raising the minimum wage isn't an option.

Get the fuck out of Mommy's basement and do something useful with your life

If republicans are too immature to admit the low wage problem can't be fixed through forcefully raising the minimum wage, how exactly are we supposed to boost wages? Since the recession there has been a significant decrease of high wage jobs and a significant increase of low wage jobs. How do we fix poverty if 10s of millions of Americans HAVE NO CHOICE but to accept low wage jobs?

Let's pretend republicans had full control over this issue. What would republicans do to boost wages? I want specific answers. Don't give me crap like "undo democratic bullshit of the last 6 years derp derp derp". I want SPECIFIC AND DETAILED steps on how we are supposed to boost wages in this county if raising the minimum wage isn't an option.

Sounds like you're admitting that what the democrats have been doing is not working.

Sounds like you're admitting that what the democrats have been doing is not working.
What both sides can do, which isn't much, isn't working. You could start by making your own socks and underwear again, and not buying everything made in China at the Walmart.

What both sides can do, which isn't much, isn't working. You could start by making your own socks and underwear again, and not buying everything made in China at the Walmart.

The best thing both of them could do is get out of the way. Give business a stable, and lighter, tax structure and eliminate regulations that don't pass the common sense test. If the government wants to give benefits to people, let the government give the benefits and don't force business to do it. Then watch the economy take off.

The best thing both of them could do is get out of the way. Give business a stable, and lighter, tax structure and eliminate regulations that don't pass the common sense test. If the government wants to give benefits to people, let the government give the benefits and don't force business to do it. Then watch the economy take off.
When corporations the size of GE pay no taxes at all, the taxman isn't the problem. That is a myth.

What you are seeing is capitalism at work, sending the jobs to where the wages are low and where it can externalize the costs or production. That's all. When you will work for what they do, they'll make it here. As long as you don't mind being abjectly poor, there will be plenty of work around.

Well? Yes? No?

If the government does not create jobs, then there must be no one employed in the defense industry.

Someone take that position and debate with me...

lol

You are convinced that government will rob you blind but corporations won't. I'll bet you've never seen the top side of a corporation.

Well? Yes? No?

If the government does not create jobs, then there must be no one employed in the defense industry.

Someone take that position and debate with me...

lol
Nobody wants to debate because you're right. The government also funds lots of research that eventually finds its way into industry and creates jobs that way.

When corporations the size of GE pay no taxes at all, the taxman isn't the problem. That is a myth.

What you are seeing is capitalism at work, sending the jobs to where the wages are low and where it can externalize the costs or production. That's all. When you will work for what they do, they'll make it here. As long as you don't mind being abjectly poor, there will be plenty of work around.

Jake, GE is only one company

Forum List

Back