🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Hey republicans, how exactly are we supposed to fix the stagnant wage problem?

Which society do you live in?

The government has created millions of high paying defense industry jobs
Construction jobs related to roads, bridges, schools, public buildings are all government created
VA Hospitals and medical research are all government created
ROFL.... no they didn't. The owners of the companies in the defense industry created the jobs. The tax payers hired some middle men in government jobs to spend our money on products built by our companies that we, the tax payers, and also some foreign investors invested in. Government is a concept, not a person. Who is this person named government that you think is running around creating jobs with money out of thin air? You think government is some god emperor? Government employees work for us, ya fool.

Such an ignorant child

Those Defense industries do not develop on their own. They are a direct result of the GOVERNMENT contracting for goods and services. Without the GOVERNMENT, those defense industries would not exist

It is the GOVERNMENT that creates those jobs
I see so Boeing does not develop on their own. Boeing only sells to government contracts. Only government buys aircraft. Who knew?

Boeing is a great example

How about that 747 they created on their own? The Government needed a heavy transport plane. Bigger than anything ever built. They decided to compete the bid and awarded two contracts for a flyoff....Boeing and Lockheed.
Lockheed built a plane called the C-5 and won the contract
Boeing built a design which lost but they turned into the 747

Tell us again how the Government does not create jobs
Where did the money come from that "government" uses to "create" jobs? You think spending my money is you "creating" something? Are you daft?

Government spending tax payer dollars is tax payers buying products. Boeing is a corporation that created the jobs, the people work for Boeing, they are Boeing employees. Selling products to customers are what pays the bills. The company and it's investors create the jobs. But without paying customers they have to fire their employees.
Guess what?

The Government is the chosen representatives of "We the People"
Yes they do spend our money for the benefit of all and YES they do create jobs

Those Boeing employees working on government contracts have jobs thanks to "We the people". Those contracts go away.......so do the jobs

Stagnant wages are certainly an issue. Stagnant wages are a reality. Stagnant wages hurt our county's economy.
For most workers, real wages have barely budged for decades
For most workers real wages have barely budged for decades Pew Research Center
Wage stagnation - The big freeze
Wage stagnation The big freeze The Economist

Stagnant wages now our biggest economic worry
Stagnant wages now our biggest economic worry - MarketWatch
Stagnant wages stalling economic recovery
Stagnant wages stalling economic recovery - The Portland Press Herald Maine Sunday Telegram
Corporate profits have not been mirrored by wage increases as this article clearly demonstrates If one looks at the two charts contained within this article, wages used to reflect the profits, but that has all changed. Why? Please go to this link: These Two Charts Show How The Priorities Of US Companies Have Gotten Screwed Up
Read more: Corporate Profits Just Hit An All-Time High Wages Just Hit An All-Time Low - Business Insider

Are you suggesting that an increase in the minimum wage will help people reach the height of their earning potential ... Or what else would you suggest?

Well that wasn't my intention. But as you brought it up.
The Cato Institute did a paper where they contended that raising the Minimum Wage wouldn't raise the poor out of poverty but that raising the Minimum Wage would actually help the Middle Class. In the past, raising the Minimum Wage has actually raised the floor for wages throughout history, ala the "ripple effect."
But you can judge the vast effect of the Minimum Wage.
Minimum Wage Hike Would Benefit 3X More Middle-Class Workers Than Poor
Minimum Wage Hike Would Benefit 3X More Middle-Class Workers Than Poor CNS News
Now most of us know that Cato and CNS News aren't exactly part of the raging left wing, so I would expect a little more open-
mindedness from my other USMB posters.
What I was pointing out in my previous post is, it's a fact wages have been stagnant, that stagnant wages hurts the economy and has taken it's toll on the Middle Class. Also, profits have been very, very good, yet wages remain stagnant. As the historical charts that accompanied my previous post show, it always wasn't that way. It used to be when profits were good, the wage earners were rewarded. In recent times, there has been no trickle down during good earnings/profits time. That isn't good for our country's economy or wage earners.
Myself, I'm not right or left,,, I'm all about the Middle Class. It's just plain patriotic.

ROFL.... no they didn't. The owners of the companies in the defense industry created the jobs. The tax payers hired some middle men in government jobs to spend our money on products built by our companies that we, the tax payers, and also some foreign investors invested in. Government is a concept, not a person. Who is this person named government that you think is running around creating jobs with money out of thin air? You think government is some god emperor? Government employees work for us, ya fool.

Such an ignorant child

Those Defense industries do not develop on their own. They are a direct result of the GOVERNMENT contracting for goods and services. Without the GOVERNMENT, those defense industries would not exist

I see so Boeing does not develop on their own. Boeing only sells to government contracts. Only government buys aircraft. Who knew?

How about that 747 they created on their own? The Government needed a heavy transport plane. Bigger than anything ever built. They decided to compete the bid and awarded two contracts for a flyoff....Boeing and Lockheed.

Where did the money come from that "government" uses to "create" jobs? You think spending my money is you "creating" something? Are you daft?

Government spending tax payer dollars is tax payers buying products. Boeing is a corporation that created the jobs, the people work for Boeing, they are Boeing employees. Selling products to customers are what pays the bills. The company and it's investors create the jobs. But without paying customers they have to fire their employees.
Guess what?

Those Boeing employees working on government contracts have jobs thanks to "We the people". Those contracts go away.......so do the jobs

Your getting closer... yes Boeing employees working on government contracts can thank the AMERICAN TAXPAYER for their job. And yes the government employees who selected Boeing for the contract can also thank the AMERICAN TAXPAYER for their job. No part in this situation is government creating anything. Government is a concept not a person, the people in government are working for us and they can THANK US FOR CREATING THEIR JOBS BECAUSE WE ARE THE EMPLOYER OF GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES.

You guys want to increase the cost of unskilled labor. What happens when you increase the cost of something? Less people buy it.

your plan is going to make unskilled labor more expensive and completely screw over the skilled labor. How on earth do you think that is going to turn out well?

You guys want to increase the cost of unskilled labor. What happens when you increase the cost of something? Less people buy it.

your plan is going to make unskilled labor more expensive and completely screw over the skilled labor. How on earth do you think that is going to turn out well?

Hmmmmm.
Here's a couple of links for you to digest. One shows historical inflation rates. The second one list the historical increases in the Minimum Wage.

Historical Inflation Rates 1914-2014 US Inflation Calculator
Minimum Wage - Wage and Hour Division WHD - U.S. Department of Labor

As we can see, there were never any spikes in inflation as the result of increasing the Minimum Wage.

Get a skill learn a trade that has a value beside flipping burgers
But that requires education.

Texas schools are in financial crisis due to a $27 billion hole in the most recent state budget. In short, the state simply did not have enough money to continue funding public education at current levels without increasing taxes, which many elected officials had sworn not do. Instead, these legislators chose to slash $5.4 billion from public education, along with huge cuts to other vital programs.

The Budget Crisis Save Texas Schools

Jon Stewart said he was shocked to find out that Texas even paid 5 billion for education. Me to.
Bull shit.

You can't just say "bullshit" without saying why. Otherwise you look like these other "I refuse to believe it no matter how much evidence there is" Republicans.

If business doesn't pitch in, then it means government has to help these people. Unless you mean to let them suffer and or die. Which would be really creepy.

Get a skill learn a trade that has a value beside flipping burgers
But that requires education.

Texas schools are in financial crisis due to a $27 billion hole in the most recent state budget. In short, the state simply did not have enough money to continue funding public education at current levels without increasing taxes, which many elected officials had sworn not do. Instead, these legislators chose to slash $5.4 billion from public education, along with huge cuts to other vital programs.

The Budget Crisis Save Texas Schools

Jon Stewart said he was shocked to find out that Texas even paid 5 billion for education. Me to.
Bull shit.

You can't just say "bullshit" without saying why. Otherwise you look like these other "I refuse to believe it no matter how much evidence there is" Republicans.
That's why Gruber called people like you stupid.

Such an ignorant child

Guess what?

Your getting closer... yes Boeing employees working on government contracts can thank the AMERICAN TAXPAYER for their job. And yes the government employees who selected Boeing for the contract can also thank the AMERICAN TAXPAYER for their job. No part in this situation is government creating anything. Government is a concept not a person, the people in government are working for us and they can THANK US FOR CREATING THEIR JOBS BECAUSE WE ARE THE EMPLOYER OF GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES.
You conveniently skip the part where the Government IS the American taxpayer. They are not the evil entity you so hate. The Government is far from a concept, it is a working body which represents the interests of 300 million people
I see you are backing off your assertion that the Government does not create jobs by trying to shift it to the taxpayer creating jobs. First words of the Constitution......We the People are creating a Government

984223_729789453780778_5358551485795886367_n.jpg

Government doesn't create jobs ... Unless of course you are simply counting government jobs. Of course that subject is covered in another thread.

Government creates millions of jobs

The entire defense industry is government created. Construction jobs, medical, legal and don't forget penal

Too bad Democrats are always the ones behind the loss of jobs in the defense industry, as the military budget and our troops are the ones who often get dealt the biggest blow in spending and downsizing.

Fortunately some contractors, like GE and Pratt & Whitney, are versatile enough to survive without a military contract. Can't say the same of the millions of jobs involved in the manufacturing of the F-22 Raptors, or the Trident Submarines, or even armored vehicles. Bush wasn't the only President to see the loss of jobs under their administration, as Obama made decisions that resulted in the handing out of layoff slips.

Construction jobs related to roads, bridges, schools, public buildings are all government created

Such an ignorant child

Where do roads, bridges, sewers, street lamps come from? Who pays the people who protect our forests, our food supplies, inspects planes and trains? Our military?

Government doesn't create jobs ... Unless of course you are simply counting government jobs. Of course that subject is covered in another thread.

The entire defense industry is government created. Construction jobs, medical, legal and don't forget penal

I posted it would be perfectly okay to count government jobs ... If you feel like arguing about it any further, look in the mirror because I don't care.

So...therefore you are wrong in saying the government does not create jobs
Saying government creates jobs is equivalent to saying the IRS creates tax revenue. It's a typical ridiculous statement made by libtardians.

No that would be taxpayers that created those jobs.

Such an ignorant child

Where do roads, bridges, sewers, street lamps come from? Who pays the people who protect our forests, our food supplies, inspects planes and trains? Our military?

Taxpayers. The hard working middle class.

Such an ignorant child

Those are the "jobs" government doesn't create

I posted it would be perfectly okay to count government jobs ... If you feel like arguing about it any further, look in the mirror because I don't care.

Saying government creates jobs is equivalent to saying the IRS creates tax revenue. It's a typical ridiculous statement made by libtardians.

No, the taxpayers provided the funds, the government created the jobs, and they need to be doing a whole lot more of it. We have bridges, schools, and potholes to fix, lots of them.

Bush wasn't the only President to see the loss of jobs under their administration, as Obama made decisions that resulted in the handing out of layoff slips.

Wasn't that the result of the Republican beloved sequester? Well that and the fact the Raptor is overpriced and don't work right. Millions of good ole fashioned UNION JOBS in the defense industry. I didn't know Republicans were big supporters of unions. Who knew?

Can't say the same of the millions of jobs involved in the manufacturing of the F-22 Raptors, or the Trident Submarines, or even armored vehicles.

What wage problem?
You mean the 10s of millions of Americans who make less than $15 an hour? The fact that 40% of the nation's wealth is owned by the top 1% of earners?

Why don't you tell us what $15/Hr will do for someone in terms of a quality of life.

Then we'll decide if it the wage is to low.

Why not $20/Hr.

What is your standard.

Very good

And We the People, created a GOVERNMENT to provide those services.

Forum List

Back