Hillary Claims She Tried to Join Marines!

the media immediately twisted what she said in 1994. the op article vs the speech actually proved it.

now in 2015 in defense of carson, you imagine the media should investigate something based on an old media fabrication?

there is nothing to investigate and your desperate posts are an echo chamber of false equivalence...

Politico immediately twisted what Carson said in his book. Then they pulled it down and pretended they didn't. Now they're on to distorting and taking other things out of context instead. Other liars are simply regurgitating the original false claims as if they were true and Politico didn't retract them.

the media immediately twisted what she said in 1994. the op article vs the speech actually proved it.

now in 2015 in defense of carson, you imagine the media should investigate something based on an old media fabrication?

there is nothing to investigate and your desperate posts are an echo chamber of false equivalence...

Politico immediately twisted what Carson said in his book. Then they pulled it down and pretended they didn't. Now they're on to distorting and taking other things out of context instead. Other liars are simply regurgitating the original false claims as if they were true and Politico didn't retract them.
Trump agrees Carson's a liar. Is trump lying?

FLASHBACK: Hillary Said She Tried To Join The Marines. There's No Evidence. The Media Never Checked It Out.

Maureen Dowd, writing for The New York Times, originally covered the story in 1994. She wrote:

Speaking at a lunch on Capitol Hill honoring military women, Hillary Rodham Clinton said that she once visited a recruiting office in Arkansas to inquire about joining the Marines. She told the group gathered for lunch in the Dirksen Office Building, according to The Associated Press, that she became interested in the military in 1975, the year she married Bill Clinton and the year she was teaching at the University of Arkansas law school in Fayetteville. She was 27 then, she said, and the Marine recruiter was about 21. She was interested in joining either the active forces or the reserves, she recalled, but was swiftly rebuffed by the recruiter, who took a dim view of her age and her thick glasses. "You're too old, you can't see and you're a woman," Mrs. Clinton said she was told, adding that the recruiter dismissed her by suggesting she try the Army. "Maybe the dogs would take you," she recalled the recruiter saying. "It was not a very encouraging conversation," she said. "I decided maybe I'll look for another way to serve my country."

Even Dowd at the time questioned the story. The story, said Dowd, “did not seem to fit in with the First Lady’s own persona,” given her identity as a peacenik opposing the Vietnam War and her Life magazine appearance “as an anti-establishment commencement speaker at Wellesley College.” And, as Dowd noted, Hillary told friends she only moved down to Arkansas to be with Bill. Dowd asks, rightly, “she had moved to Arkansas to be with Mr. Clinton, so why was she thinking about joining the Marines?”

As Jim Geraghty of National Review noted in 2007, Hillary’s story doesn’t hold water. Recruiters in 1975, after the end of the draft, would have killed to get Hillary in the service. And no, her eyesight wouldn’t have been a barrier.

In 2008, Bill Clinton tried to tell the same story about Hillary, only he said that she tried to join the Army instead of the Marines.

When Hillary was asked about this bizarre story in 2007, here was her answer, according to Michael Crowley at The New Republic:

I wedged in my second question: What should people make of the fact that she had briefly tried to enlist in the military? At this her eyes narrowed and she threw me a glare of mistrust. “I have very deep and quite broad relationships with people in the military,” she said. As for the meaning of the recruiting visit, “I can’t tell you,” she said with a dismissive wave. “You go look at that.”

Less than edifying.

Hillary has made similar claims about official discrimination about other government agencies. Earlier this year, she claimed that she wrote a letter to NASA when she was 13 saying she wanted to be an astronaut, but received a letter back saying she couldn’t because she was a woman. That would have been illegal under federal law.

She also infamously claimed that she survived sniper fire while flying into Bosnia in 1996: "I remember landing under sniper fire. There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base."

This was a lie.

The media have not checked Hillary’s Marine claim; they take it at face value. That’s because she’s not a black Republican.
Seems odd you Republicans told Hillary to a higher standard than Ben Carson. Didn't Ben Carson say he was accepted to some military school? Republicans yesterday we're saying or asking if we have any proof that's not true. Well I'm asking you now the same thing do you have any proof Hillary didn't consider joining the Marines? If you don't then STFU
Is the media investigating that Hillary did that? The same way they did Carson? The answer is no, so go back to the basement.
How many times are we going to go on a wild goose chase with the boys who cry wolf?
How many lies has Hillary told that you believe?
Zero.
So you believe she was under sniper fire.
Which lie do you believe about Benghazi. It was because of a video or was a terrorist attack?

When all this bullshit on Carson came out, I said... Hillary tells more (and bigger) lies before breakfast every morning.

very possibly. But Hillary also has a history of 30+ years in public service and a record we can scrutinize.

All Uncle Tom Carson has are these anecdotes about how awesome he is, as he's never held a public office.

We scrutinized and her whole career is BS. Why doesn't the left tire of her 30+ years of BS? Must be easily entertained by her? :dunno:

except she didn't lie. there is a political lie going around that she supposedly lied and liars repeat it.
She lied in her own emails she told the leader of Egypt it was an terrorist attack. While she told you it was a protest started by a movie. Gruber was right, liberals are idiots and you support it. WOW!
Don't you remember the GOP lied us into Iraq?

Or let's go smaller like you. Don't you remember they lied about Tillman's death in afganistan?
That was dubunked, but do you remember Hillary supported the Iraq war?
So did I. I was lied to.

The media and you gave bush all the cover he needed.
The bush lie, has been debunked years ago. Even sadaam admitted on his death bed he wanted everyone to think he had wmd. Sorry you are weak minded. You do realize your own politicians think you're an idiot. Gruber said so and you support him. Lol you can't make this stuff up.

Seems odd you Republicans told Hillary to a higher standard than Ben Carson. Didn't Ben Carson say he was accepted to some military school? Republicans yesterday we're saying or asking if we have any proof that's not true. Well I'm asking you now the same thing do you have any proof Hillary didn't consider joining the Marines? If you don't then STFU
Is the media investigating that Hillary did that? The same way they did Carson? The answer is no, so go back to the basement.
How many times are we going to go on a wild goose chase with the boys who cry wolf?
Zero.
Which lie do you believe about Benghazi. It was because of a video or was a terrorist attack?
I or we don't even care. Tit for tat. I'm not gonna engage. Hillary's running against who? Why you worried about us? Worry about rubio hour nominee. No wonder it was okay for Trump to offend so many Mexicans the Republicans R making a calculated decision to appease the anti-illegal immigrant crowd at the expense of Hispanic voters because ultimately Marco Rubio is going to be the nominee and they will vote for the first Hispanic president. This is what the Republicans are hoping

Zero.
I or we don't even care. Tit for tat. I'm not gonna engage. Hillary's running against who? Why you worried about us? Worry about rubio hour nominee. No wonder it was okay for Trump to offend so many Mexicans the Republicans R making a calculated decision to appease the anti-illegal immigrant crowd at the expense of Hispanic voters because ultimately Marco Rubio is going to be the nominee and they will vote for the first Hispanic president. This is what the Republicans are hoping
So you don't care your choice for president is a compulsive liar? You are what's wrong with the country.

Zero.

I wouldn't engage if I were you, because you are sure to lose, again.

Zero.
So you don't care your choice for president is a compulsive liar? You are what's wrong with the country.

They don't care, as long as they have a D after their name, they don't care. Hell, if Trump or Carson had a D after their name, they would be defending them. They have no character.

Zero.

I know her response she be in papers all around. Just to show how ignorant liberals really are.

Zero.
Then change the GOP because I certainly won't vote for them.

Give me a reason! I'm open.

Zero.

I know her response she be in papers all around. Just to show how ignorant liberals really are.
What be you be saying?

Zero.
Then change the GOP because I certainly won't vote for them.

Give me a reason! I'm open.
Democrats want more taxes and control. My gosh Obama is more worried about guys using girls bathrooms than the safety of Americans.

What be you be saying?
Why don't you support Sanders? He seems at least to tell the truth, and him and Hillary are the same.

So Hillary l and people died!

Of course those bodies in Benghazi had nothing to do with this particular lie but I'm honing my liberal headlining skills here, so STFU!

Last edited:
Zero.

They don't care, as long as they have a D after their name, they don't care. Hell, if Trump or Carson had a D after their name, they would be defending them. They have no character.

Trump called Carson a liar, and 99.9% of the RW'ers on this board say Carson didn't lie.

Forum List

Back