Hillary’s Historic Fail...Clinton Calls Lincoln a 'Senator From Illinois'!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clinton made a minor mistake compared to Vigilante's monumental display of his ignorance daily.

This photoshopped images amuses one.

It's a REALLY minor mistake..considering that Lincoln did run for the Senate.

In 1846, Lincoln was elected to the U.S. House of Representatives, where he served one two-year term. He was the only Whig in the Illinois delegation, but he showed his party loyalty by participating in almost all votes and making speeches that echoed the party line.[58] Lincoln, in collaboration with abolitionist Congressman Joshua R. Giddings, wrote a bill to abolish slavery in the District of Columbia with compensation for the owners, enforcement to capture fugitive slaves, and a popular vote on the matter. He abandoned the bill when it failed to garner sufficient Whig supporters.[59]
<snip>
In late 1854, Lincoln ran as a Whig for the U.S. Senate seat from Illinois. At that time, senators were elected by the state legislature.[91] After leading in the first six rounds of voting in the Illinois assembly, his support began to dwindle, and Lincoln instructed his backers to vote for Lyman Trumbull, who defeated opponent Joel Aldrich Matteson.[92] The Whigs had been irreparably split by the Kansas–Nebraska Act. Lincoln wrote, "I think I am a Whig, but others say there are no Whigs, and that I am an abolitionist [...] I do no more than oppose the extension of slavery."[93]
Abraham Lincoln - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

While he was a congressman..he did subsequently run for the Senate.
Nah, it was a retarded Palin moment. At least call it what it is.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpkpCxUe-mg"]
149623_600.jpg
[/ame]

Savage explains why Hillary can't win in 2016

WorldNetDaily ^

Michael Savage &#8220;I think she&#8217;s too unattractive to win.&#8221; That was Dr. Savage&#8217;s blunt assessment of Hillary Clinton&#8217;s chances of returning to the White House, this time as president instead of first lady. He added: &#8220;She&#8217;s way past her prime. Plus she has a lousy track record. What did she achieve as secretary of State? She wrecked Libya. She destroyed the Arab Crescent. She gave us a new Cold War. She called Putin &#8216;Hitler.&#8217; &#8220;That&#8217;s not a great set of qualifications,&#8221; he concluded. As for the current occupant of the Oval Office, Savage called it &#8220;crazy&#8221; that so many Americans...

Can you imagine the OUTROAR of the demented left if PALIN had been THIS STUPID?....And the Hildebeast DOUBLES DOWN on the GAFFE in her book....You just can't make this shit up! :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:....Yup, Subversive/Democrat presidential material...takes right after the Manchurian muslim!

The terrible week continues for Hillary Clinton.

At Wednesday’s Rahm Emanuel-Hillary Clinton show for her book tour, she was responsible for another unforced error.

“I actually write about Rahm in the book,” Clinton said. “I asked him not to read it before we sat and did our interview! But it was in the very first chapter, the chapter I rightly call ‘Team of Rivals’ because that’s what it was in the beginning. A senator from Illinois ran against a senator from New York just as had happened way back with a senator from Illinois named Lincoln and a senator from New York named Seward. And it turned out the same way.”

Maybe Hillary is not ‘ready’ as Lincoln was never a senator because he lost that election to Stephen A. Douglas.

In Illinois, Clinton Calls Lincoln A "Senator From Illinois" - YouTube
oprah_laughing_animated_gif.gif

Oh, Billary, you funny, girl...

Savage is quit wrong.

HRC is a wolverine, as that silly NPR reported regretfully found out when trying a loaded question.

Rand Paul may be able to beat her, but no one else that we have seen in the field have a prayer's chance so far.

Savage is quit wrong.

HRC is a wolverine, as that silly NPR reported regretfully found out when trying a loaded question.

Rand Paul may be able to beat her, but no one else that we have seen in the field have a prayer's chance so far.

Give us a fucking break, Rep Frog Boy..... Oy!

hBF8ECDE2

Oh my, Hillary is an Evangelical!!!!...Alert the Atheist press!

Well what hypocrisy on the part of Republicans! You think a simple mistake in usage of the word Senator when obviously meaning Representative is bad? Just look at the Major Gaffs Dubya, a Republican, made and it was DURING his presidency! Remember "nuklar", the often repeated mispronunciation on the part of this college graduate, for one? And there's a host of other big ones. Don't ever lose sight of THAT fact!

Take a good LONG look!

Projectile Loafers - Top 10 George W. Bush YouTube Moments - TIME

The Humble Libertarian: Bushisms: George W. Bush's Funny Quotes and Gaffes

Wow!! And HE got to be president!! Incredible!!

I usually don't nit-pick politicians for these kinds of gaffes, but this one is rather severe. I mean, how can any educated person not know that Lincoln was never a senator? Not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things, but it does show that Hillary is not the intellectual that her fans paint her to be.

I usually don't nit-pick politicians for these kinds of gaffes, but this one is rather severe. I mean, how can any educated person not know that Lincoln was never a senator? Not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things, but it does show that Hillary is not the intellectual that her fans paint her to be.
No Mike, actually she is quite intellectual. But compared to the major blunders and downright gaffes made by Republican President George "Dubya" Bush, an educated college graduate also, what Hillary said should be very pale by comparison except with Republicans eager to find something, anything about Hillary to try to hang their hat on but that won't happen here. Like you say it was "Not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things, ...." People obviously know that was far from being a serious mistake.

What's sad is what we are left with. Hilary? And so many praying that we have Biil #2, Jeb, Romney what the heck this is horrible.

I warned you way back to go third party but it is too late now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back