Hillary's Hope

I don't see Hillary as that exciting a candidate. She is stale and her best days are behind her

But I don't see any way for Republicans to beat her

The GOP used to be so proud of Bush. What happened guys? :dunno:

Why have you been hiding him?

I don't see Hillary as that exciting a candidate. She is stale and her best days are behind her

I think there really will be a pretty large block who will get excited about the chance to elect the first woman president. Excited about Hillary - no, I don't think so myself. But excited about electing a woman - oh yeah.

I think there really will be a pretty large block who will get excited about the chance to elect the first woman president. Excited about Hillary - no, I don't think so myself. But excited about electing a woman - oh yeah.

To a certain extent yes.....she will get the buzz of being the first woman candidate for President

But the bigger issue will be Republicans once again shooting themselves in the foot by screaming Benghazi, Blowjobs and Whitewater

And it gets better as Republicans try to sell....Hillary never accomplished anything as they run a candidate from their clown car

Voters are stupid. Electing Barry twice was so incredible that the expression, "That can't happen!" can never be said again with respect to a U.S. Presidential election.

But having said that, I have posed the question here and elsewhere, both verbally and in writing, "What has Hillary every accomplished?"

As First Lady?

As carpetbagging Senator from NY?

As Secretary of State?

Nothing. Nada. Niente. Zilch.

And her reputation as "the brains behind Bill Clinton" took a severe beating when she lost the primary to Barry - a nobody with no record.

I'm with Rush Limbaugh on this. I really, really, really hope she is the Democratic nominee.

To a certain extent yes.....she will get the buzz of being the first woman candidate for President

But the bigger issue will be Republicans once again shooting themselves in the foot by screaming Benghazi, Blowjobs and Whitewater

And it gets better as Republicans try to sell....Hillary never accomplished anything as they run a candidate from their clown car

Well the question, imo, is whether Hill will have a domestic agenda that interests progressives and young folks. We have an increasing wealth disparity not based on actual merit, coupled with underemployment. Krugman and the old left's answer is single payor and more govt programs. I don't see that as attractive to the kids. They don't trust govt ... for good reason.

And imo it'll take more than forgiving college loans. If I were her, I'd look to expanding getting federal pre-emption out of state initiatives ... like gay rights, pot legalization and make sure biz startups have capital. But I'm old, and she'd better have better than me.

Still, I think the gop has little chance of making headway. It could, but we seem determined to fight Dr. Beck's culture wars and worry that bakers will (OMG) have to bake cakes for lesbians getting married.

Voters are stupid. Electing Barry twice was so incredible that the expression, "That can't happen!" can never be said again with respect to a U.S. Presidential election.

But having said that, I have posed the question here and elsewhere, both verbally and in writing, "What has Hillary every accomplished?"

As First Lady?

As Secretary of State?

A liberal commentator has answered all your questions here: Hillary Clinton's Accomplishments Speak for Themselves

Although her major initiative, the Clinton health care plan failed, it certainly set the groundwork for the health care law we have today, the Affordable Care Act. And she played a leading role in advocating the creation of the State Children's Health Insurance Program, which provides state support for children whose parents cannot provide them with health coverage. She promoted nationwide immunization against childhood illnesses. She also played a leading role in creation of the Adoption and Safe Families Act and the Foster Care Independence Act. She encouraged older women to seek a mammogram for early detection of breast cancer (which is covered by Medicare) and successfully sought to increase research funding for prostate cancer and childhood asthma at the NIH. She worked to investigate illnesses that were reportedly affecting Veterans of the Gulf War; now commonly known as Gulf War Syndrome. And she created an Office on Violence Against Women at the Department of Justice. She is also the first first lady to hold a post graduate degree, and she traveled to more countries than any other first lady had at that time.

Canned GOP response: "Remember when she said she was dodging bullets?"

As a U.S. senator, she was the first first lady to be elected to this office. She was instrumental in securing $21 billion in funding for the World Trade Center site's redevelopment. She subsequently took a leading role in investigating the health issues that 9/11 first responders were facing.

After visiting soldiers in Iraq, Clinton noted that the insurgency had failed to disrupt the democratic elections held earlier, and that parts of the country were functioning well. Noting that war deployments were draining regular and reserve forces, she cointroduced legislation to increase the size of the regular Army by 80,000 soldiers to ease the strain and supported retaining and improving health benefits for veterans. She also she introduced the Family Entertainment Protection Act.

As our secretary of state, Clinton visited 112 countries, helping to repair a badly damaged U.S. reputation. She advocated an expanded role in global economic issues for the State Department and cited the need for an increased U.S. diplomatic presence, especially in Iraq, where the Defense Department had conducted diplomatic missions. Clinton unveiled the Global Hunger and Food Security program, prevailed over Vice President Biden to send an additional 21,000 troops to Afghanistan, saved the signing of a Turkish-Armenian accord, and assisted the president with major decisions as to the U.S. position with regard to the revolution in Egypt and the decision to use military force in Libya.

Canned GOP response: "Benghaaaaaaaaaziiiiiiiii!"

Last edited:

Well the question, imo, is whether Hill will have a domestic agenda that interests progressives and young folks. We have an increasing wealth disparity not based on actual merit, coupled with underemployment. Krugman and the old left's answer is single payor and more govt programs. I don't see that as attractive to the kids. They don't trust govt ... for good reason.

And imo it'll take more than forgiving college loans. If I were her, I'd look to expanding getting federal pre-emption out of state initiatives ... like gay rights, pot legalization and make sure biz startups have capital. But I'm old, and she'd better have better than me.

Still, I think the gop has little chance of making headway. It could, but we seem determined to fight Dr. Beck's culture wars and worry that bakers will (OMG) have to bake cakes for lesbians getting married.

I agree

Her 2008 platform was cutting edge but Healthcare has been done. I don't see her running on any groundbreaking initiative......she is just familiar

A dynamic young Republican candidate with a fiscal conservative/socially moderate platform could beat her

But there ain't no such animal in the GOP stable

As First Lady?

As Secretary of State?

All your questions are answered here: Hillary Clinton's Accomplishments Speak for Themselves

DGS's post epitomizes why the gop is stuck. All the smears will only work with old white people who aren't gonna vote for Hillary .... except she might win some of the old white women vote Obama lost.

Hillary's weakness is, ironically, sort of like the gop's. She's a candidate with a known constituency that may be enough to win a primary where she's not opposed by a charismatic challenger who can bring together all elements, more or less, of people who might vote progressive.

The gop does have a higher degree of dis-union amongst itself than the dems, though.

I agree

Her 2008 platform was cutting edge but Healthcare has been done. I don't see her running on any groundbreaking initiative......she is just familiar

A dynamic young Republican candidate with a fiscal conservative/socially moderate platform could beat her

But there ain't no such animal in the GOP stable

Paul Ryan won't run. So our best bet is Scott Walker. I don't see Pence or Kaschic as having the "wow factor" on the stump. As for the gop, I don't see how they turn socially moderate. They've got gay marriage up their butt. So, I don't see a guy like Walker being able to move past the wedge issue divisiveness that RW media has sold on the victimhood stump.

Last edited:
I don't think that the GOP has anyone that can match Hillary in any debates. She will shut them down so hard and so fast that it would be almost popcorn buying fun for the entire family to watch that go down.

I keep saying it but these elections will revolve around the individual that will be able to respond to the needs of the people.
This is the one that people keep trying to dismiss and that is a mistake:
Bernie Sanders: ?I Am Prepared to Run for President of the United States? | The Nation

please dems, run the old, dried up, tired, corrupt, arrogant bitch. after all , its her turn. she can be your McCain and Dole.

maybe one of her campaign ads can show her doing her fake black accent at the black church "ah aint no ways tarred" love it! can't wait!

I don't think that the GOP has anyone that can match Hillary in any debates. She will shut them down so hard and so fast that it would be almost popcorn buying fun for the entire family to watch that go down.

I keep saying it but these elections will revolve around the individual that will be able to respond to the needs of the people.
This is the one that people keep trying to dismiss and that is a mistake:
Bernie Sanders: ?I Am Prepared to Run for President of the United States? | The Nation

LOL, a head of cabbage could beat her in a debate. just let her screech and rant.

please dems, run the old, dried up, tired, corrupt, arrogant bitch. after all , its her turn. she can be your McCain and Dole.

maybe one of her campaign ads can show her doing her fake black accent at the black church "ah aint no ways tarred" love it! can't wait!
I suspect we will run her, and based on the numbers, she will be your new President. Won't that be fun for you eh?

You might be right if Republicans can counter Hillary with a young dynamic candidate who is not an outright prick

I don't think you can do it

This message is hidden because PaintMyHouse is on your ignore list.

this is what I see when you post pantyhose, your posts are not worthy of being read. move to some idiot friendly left wing forum where you can find more idiots like yourself. you are of no value on this one.

You might be right if Republicans can counter Hillary with a young dynamic candidate who is not an outright prick

I don't think you can do it

we will see Norton. you dems really need to put the old bitch out to pasture, her time is past, she has way too much baggage. there are so many clips of her making a fool of herself, the RNC will have a field day making ads.

Under normal circumstances after eight years of a Democratic President, the voters would be turning towards a Republican

However, these are not normal circumstances. After eight years of a Republican temper tantrum, I doubt if voters are ready to reward them with the White House

Forum List

Back