How About An Alliance With Russia?

Syria is the reason.

The U.S. engaged in a plan with its Middle Eastern partners to remove Bashar al Assad from power and the Russians stood in the way and have thus far prevented the breakup of Syria.
Thank you.

I agree. And that single issue is subject to negotiation with both sides reaching a mutually satisfactory compromise or one side being willing to totally defer in exchange for some as yet unconsidered but satisfactory arrangement.

The U.S. and Russia can be better friends than enemies. Of course there will be a price to pay for both sides -- but well worth it in the long run. Especially the way things are shaping up in the Middle East and elsewhere.

The Cold War was real and based on soviet actions and intentions.

The Cold War is over, and the Soviet Union is gone.

Putin is NOT a threat to anyone not on his borders.

There is not reason to NOT have good relations with Russia, even an alliance.
then why is putin still snatching land that doesn't belong to him?

I assume that that is a reference to the Crimea?

Answer: I don't care.

Of course you don't the GOP never cares when they aren't personally affected. But it is an international crime, putin is a war criminal, murder, dictator. If you like him so much- move to moscow because his puppet will be out of the white house soon.

Of course you don't the GOP never cares when they aren't personally affected. But it is an international crime, putin is a war criminal, murder, dictator. If you like him so much- move to moscow because his puppet will be out of the white house soon.

The threat of the Soviet Union rolling over Western Europe was a threat to the global balance of power that required US action to prevent.

The Crimea is not that important.

It is not our problem and not our fight. It is literally on the other side of the world.

We are not the World's Policeman.

Since he was a babe during most of the cold war, no I can't lol
Exactly.
Since he was a babe during most of the cold war, no I can't lol
Exactly.
So his dictator ways, land grabs, and war crimes aren't terrible because they aren't necessarily linked to the cold war?
hes still a bad guy.
I understand very well the cold war is over, I suggested the reading as you sounded very unfamiliar with Russian-US history.

The threat of the Soviet Union rolling over Western Europe was a threat to the global balance of power that required US action to prevent.

It is not our problem and not our fight. It is literally on the other side of the world.

Okay, so we'll just have a free for all and let putin take whatever he wants. That has never led to world wars or anything.

Russia's history is replete with examples of political conflict and internal treachery the dynamics of which have shaped the requirements for successful leadership of that nation. Considering the actions and maneuvers of such examples as Richard Nixon and George W. Bush we are in no position to cast aspersions -- nor is there any intelligent reason for us to do so. What is important is can we get along with Mr. Putin in a mutually beneficial relationship and I think we can.

Mainly because it's becoming clear that we need each other.

And that single issue is subject to negotiation with both sides reaching a mutually satisfactory compromise or one side being willing to totally defer in exchange for some as yet unconsidered but satisfactory arrangement.
I don't believe they are going to be able to reach an agreement. I don't believe the U.S. is interested in leaving a stable government in charge of Syria. I think they want to balkanize it. And I don't think they feel as though they have to settle. The U.S. doesn't need Russia.

Dem's threw our relationship with Russia under the bus making excuses for their loss to Trump. I think that well has been poisoned.

Okay, so we'll just have a free for all and let putin take whatever he wants. That has never led to world wars or anything.

Doesn't look like 1939 to me, looks a lot more like 1914.

Dem's threw our relationship with Russia under the bus making excuses for their loss to Trump. I think that well has been poisoned.

It's bad for the country, and bad for the world, but good for the dems. So, no brainer, from their perspective.

Russia and the US have so much in common. This new Cold War being forced on us, is completely unnecessary. Russia should probably be our closest ally in Europe.

Most Americans don't agree with the extremist Leftist Globalists who run most of our Western European 'Ally' nations. Russia's a tough independent, basically Conservative nation. It really does have a lot in common with the US.

Last edited:

It's bad for the country, and bad for the world, but good for the dems. So, no brainer, from their perspective.

Its not even good for the Dem's, they look like radical crazy nut jobs trying to pick a fight with Russia. Of course also on their agenda is to poison that well so that Trump is unable to salvage the relationship with Russia. Obama failed so they want to make sure Trump fails.

Pick up a cold war history book..
Putin is a threat to democracy world wide. No alliance.
Can you recommend at least one book which provides a clear analysis of Vladimir Putin's influence during the Cold War?

He was KGB during much of the later part. He was there when the Wall came down and took charge. He was the right hand man of Yelstin and in government, and Yelstin gave him the Presidency in 2000 and either he has been the President or the PM ever since.

I remember the nuke drills, getting under the desk.

Its not even good for the Dem's, they look like radical crazy nut jobs trying to pick a fight with Russia. Of course also on their agenda is to poison that well so that Trump is unable to salvage the relationship with Russia. Obama failed so they want to make sure Trump fails.

With their domination of the media and pop culture they can repeat their bs over and over again to create the illusion of credibility.

I am neither well read nor well educated on the topic of international politics, mainly because one simply cannot believe anything any politician says and only a little of what the mainstream media has to say.
Truth is a demure lady, much too ladylike to knock you on your head and drag you to her cave. She is there, but people must want her, and seek her out.
― William F. Buckley Jr.

C'mon now. Stop blaming someone else for your failure to seek information on the topic that holds your interest. That really doesn't strike me as a good reason for your not being well read. There are scads of reliable and sage sources of information besides the mainstream media (MM) and whatever politician happens to appear in MM outlets. Here are some resources that, should you read them thoroughly, help you gain your own understanding.
Becoming well read on the matter will obviate your need to rely on what the MM says or doesn't say.

Russia's history is replete with examples of political conflict and internal treachery the dynamics of which have shaped the requirements for successful leadership of that nation. Considering the actions and maneuvers of such examples as Richard Nixon and George W. Bush we are in no position to cast aspersions -- nor is there any intelligent reason for us to do so. What is important is can we get along with Mr. Putin in a mutually beneficial relationship and I think we can.

Mainly because it's becoming clear that we need each other.
For some people the

Putin threw away a good relationship with the US by purposefully failing to respect international law.

Forum List

Back