How Are We Gonna Pay for the $7.9 Trillion that Obama Added to the National Debt?

We now have $20 trillion in debt, what did we get for all that money?
Donald Trump.
:itsok:
Trump is on pace for a $900b deficit for FY2018. Glad to see you're ok with debt. Thanks for showing that all your bitching about debt under Obama is nothing but mindless bloviation.
thumbsup.gif

He inherited it from Obama OH SNAP :laugh::laugh::laugh:
2017_deficit.jpg

OH SNAP :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Trump would have balanced the budget, but he inherited so much deficit from Obama it wasn't possible. I love twisting the knife in the back of liberals with their own damn talking points. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Trump is on pace for a $900b deficit for FY2018. Glad to see you're ok with debt. Thanks for showing that all your bitching about debt under Obama is nothing but mindless bloviation.
thumbsup.gif

2017_deficit.jpg

Trump would have balanced the budget, but he inherited so much deficit from Obama it wasn't possible. I love twisting the knife in the back of liberals with their own damn talking points. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
You morons crack me up. Revenue is at an all time high. How could trump not balance the budget with record level revenues? All he had to do was to cut spending. Why did he sign a continuing resolution instead of a budget that slashed spending?

thumbsup.gif

2017_deficit.jpg

Apparently retards like you don't comprehend "TRUMP REQUESTED ADDITIONAL SPENDING".

Wow!

thumbsup.gif

2017_deficit.jpg

You morons crack me up. Revenue is at an all time high. How could trump not balance the budget with record level revenues? All he had to do was to cut spending. Why did he sign a continuing resolution instead of a budget that slashed spending?

Its all Obama's fault because Trump...wait for it...inherited the mess from Obama. Just sit in the back and don't do a lot of talking while we clean up Obama's mess.

thumbsup.gif

2017_deficit.jpg

Apparently retards like you don't comprehend "TRUMP REQUESTED ADDITIONAL SPENDING".

Wow!

That's how good Trump is, he can request additional spending and the deficit still goes down. Tissue? Poor libs just nothing is going your way these days. :itsok:

thumbsup.gif

2017_deficit.jpg

Its all Obama's fault because Trump...wait for it...inherited the mess from Obama. Just sit in the back and don't do a lot of talking while we clean up Obama's mess.
I feel sorry for you. No wonder Trump knew he could lie to your idiot faces.

thumbsup.gif

2017_deficit.jpg

Wow!

That's how good Trump is, he can request additional spending and the deficit still goes down. Tissue? Poor libs just nothing is going your way these days. :itsok:
Hey, dumbass.

The deficit went UP. Have you even read this topic?

2017_deficit.jpg

This world has winners and losers, Hillary...loser camp. Bernie...loser. Pelosi, Reid...losers. I'm detecting a pattern here. :eusa_think:

US deficit 2015: $438 billion (GOP Congress)

US deficit 2016: $585 billion (GOP Congress)

US deficit 2017: $666 billion (Trump requested ADDITIONAL spending)

As I said. Topics like this expose the fact that hack pseudocons don't give a flying fuck about our national debt.

Topics like this reveal their deep hypocrisy.

2017_deficit.jpg

Wow!

Hey, dumbass.

The deficit went UP. Have you even read this topic?

Yes, it was all Obama's fault. Next year it will still be Obama's fault. Nothing will be Trump's fault until maybe year 3. What goes around comes around, get your nose right in there and get a good long whiff of the shit you libs have been shoveling for the past 8 years.

This world has winners and losers, Hillary...loser camp. Bernie...loser. Pelosi, Reid...losers. I'm detecting a pattern here. :eusa_think:
I once told you that Trump would lead you into the liberal camp. You didn't believe me.

Look at you now, defending a growing debt.

When Trump grants amnesty to illegals, the hacks will find a way to suddenly be okay with that, too.

Count on it.

I once told you that Trump would lead you into the liberal camp. You didn't believe me.

Growing the economy you mean, just relax tax and spend lib loser we'll clean up your mess.

thumbsup.gif

2017_deficit.jpg

Lol

Just how rightarded are you? Trump inherited an economy at full employment with record high revenues. Who knows wtf you’re smokin’? :confused:

Growing the economy you mean, just relax tax and spend lib loser we'll clean up your mess.
And by “mess,” you mean record number of people working, low inflation and record high stock market. :cuckoo:

2017_deficit.jpg

Lol

Just how rightarded are you? Trump inherited an economy at full employment with record high revenues. Who knows wtf you’re smokin’? :confused:

I feel sorry for Trump, he inherited such a mess from Obama.

Predictably, liberals here are screaming about how we're gonna "pay for" the $1.4 trillion that the Trump tax cuts are returning to the American people, while they refuse to admit that federal revenue has increased after every major tax cut since the early 1900s.

Well, I would like liberals to explain how we're gonna pay for the $7.9 trillion that Obama added to the national debt. Just to be extra fair, this is not counting Obama's first year, because, technically, it was operating under Bush's last budget (even though Congress jacked up spending in Bush's last year over his objections, even though Obama approved a huge spending boost to the FY 2009 budget right after coming to office, and even though Obama would have added much more debt had it not been for Republican-imposed sequestration). National debt increases by president in dollar amounts and percentages:

Obama: $7.9 trillion/68 percent
Bush Jr.: $5.8 trillion/101 percent
Clinton: $0/0 percent
Bush Sr.: $2.8 trillion/54 percent
Reagan: $1.8 trillion/186 percent

Again, if Obama had not been modestly restrained by a Republican-controlled Congress, he would have added a lot more debt. Without Obama's and the Democrats' pressure for higher and higher spending, spending would have been substantially less after the Republicans took control of Congress.

Presidents didn't used to increase the debt by such large percentages. Debt increases used to be in low double digits or in single digits in terms of the percent of the increase, which is the most important number. Dollar values change over time because of inflation, which is why the percent of the increase is the most important figure:

LBJ: $42 billion/13 percent
JFK: $23 billion/8 percent
Eisenhower: $23 billion/9 percent
Truman: $7 billion/3 percent

So, liberals, how are we gonna pay for the $7.9 trillion that Obama added to the debt? How? Or do you only worry about "paying for" something when it involves letting Americans keep more of their own money?

Which President Added Most to the U.S. Debt?

Obama added $9.3 trillion.

You are a fucking liar.

I know that because I’ve been over this with you and I know you know this statement is bullshit.

You fact challenged rightwingers cannot for the life of you ever explain the simple of question of What the hell Obama spend 9.3 trillion on when just about only not-paid-for spending from him was 870 Billion stimulus.

In 2008 Bush sumbmitted a 2009 budget with 1.3 Trillion dollar deficit - did Obama spend that too??? :rolleyes:

In 2008 Bush sumbmitted a 2009 budget with 1.3 Trillion dollar deficit

When was the Bush 2009 budget finally signed? Can you be specific?

It doesn’t matter who signed it you fucking idiot, the point is that it’s wasn’t Obama’s policies that could have possibly caused those deficits.

Great Recession very significantly undercut revenues while increasing safety-net spending. This accounted for about half of the deficits 2009-2012.

Claiming that Obama spent 9 trillion dollars is silly, counter-factual bullshit.

Last edited:
How Are We Gonna Pay for the $7.9 Trillion that Obama Added to the National Debt?

make Shitforhair stop tacking on $1.5 Trillion dollars to the debt when he can. Goddman RW's HAVE YET to say one fucking word about that.

Predictably, liberals here are screaming about how we're gonna "pay for" the $1.4 trillion that the Trump tax cuts are returning to the American people, while they refuse to admit that federal revenue has increased after every major tax cut since the early 1900s.

Well, I would like liberals to explain how we're gonna pay for the $7.9 trillion that Obama added to the national debt. Just to be extra fair, this is not counting Obama's first year, because, technically, it was operating under Bush's last budget (even though Congress jacked up spending in Bush's last year over his objections, even though Obama approved a huge spending boost to the FY 2009 budget right after coming to office, and even though Obama would have added much more debt had it not been for Republican-imposed sequestration). National debt increases by president in dollar amounts and percentages:

Obama: $7.9 trillion/68 percent
Bush Jr.: $5.8 trillion/101 percent
Clinton: $0/0 percent
Bush Sr.: $2.8 trillion/54 percent
Reagan: $1.8 trillion/186 percent

Again, if Obama had not been modestly restrained by a Republican-controlled Congress, he would have added a lot more debt. Without Obama's and the Democrats' pressure for higher and higher spending, spending would have been substantially less after the Republicans took control of Congress.

Presidents didn't used to increase the debt by such large percentages. Debt increases used to be in low double digits or in single digits in terms of the percent of the increase, which is the most important number. Dollar values change over time because of inflation, which is why the percent of the increase is the most important figure:

LBJ: $42 billion/13 percent
JFK: $23 billion/8 percent
Eisenhower: $23 billion/9 percent
Truman: $7 billion/3 percent

So, liberals, how are we gonna pay for the $7.9 trillion that Obama added to the debt? How? Or do you only worry about "paying for" something when it involves letting Americans keep more of their own money?

Which President Added Most to the U.S. Debt?

Obama added $9.3 trillion.

You are a fucking liar.

I know that because I’ve been over this with you and I know you know this statement is bullshit.

You fact challenged rightwingers cannot for the life of you ever explain the simple of question of What the hell Obama spend 9.3 trillion on when just about only not-paid-for spending from him was 870 Billion stimulus.

In 2008 Bush sumbmitted a 2009 budget with 1.3 Trillion dollar deficit - did Obama spend that too??? :rolleyes:

In 2008 Bush sumbmitted a 2009 budget with 1.3 Trillion dollar deficit

When was the Bush 2009 budget finally signed? Can you be specific?

It doesn’t matter who signed it you fucking idiot, the point is that it’s wasn’t Obama’s policies that could have possibly caused those deficits.

Great Recession very significantly undercut revenues while increasing safety-net spending. This accounted for about half of the deficits 2009-2012.

Claiming that Obama spent 9 trillion dollars is silly, counter-factual bullshit.

It doesn’t matter who signed it

Really? So if Dems added a couple of hundred billion in spending and Obama signed it,
that's still Bush's spending?

Were you this stupid before your brain injury?

Obviously.
8 years of federal spending was at least $32 trillion. Twit.

Forum List

Back