How can we prepare for the future?

I just can't show that we can change the temperature scientifically.

But during covid when the stars came out that sure was amazing!

I'm sorry... I don't believe humanity can change the temperature anymore.

Humanity may or may not be able to change much in the immediate future, but we can and should at least try to get cleaner air and water in cost effective ways that actually work rather than throwing untold gobs of money with no real evidence that it will be money well-spent. To date there is no proof that a climate emergency exists and so therefore it makes no sense to spend tons of money that we don't have and go deeper and faster into debt on programs that might not move the needle.

The actions taken in the name of fighting climate change might still be good though. I just prefer honesty.

Humanity may or may not be able to change much in the immediate future, but we can and should at least try to get cleaner air and water in cost effective ways that actually work rather than throwing untold gobs of money with no real evidence that it will be money well-spent. To date there is no proof that a climate emergency exists and so therefore it makes no sense to spend tons of money that we don't have and go deeper and faster into debt on programs that might not move the needle.
I believe humanity can change the temperature again. I was tricked.

Never could

I put it this way: It's true that up to now humanity has not really had much in the way of technology to significantly influence global temps in the short run. But over the log haul it might be true that such programs that reduced carbon emissions over the past 30-some years may have had some minor cumulative effect over that period of time. Meaning that global temps may have risen a little bit less over those years than they would have otherwise.

That said, I suspect that whatever that effect might be probably pales in comparison to the amount of money spent. IOW, we have been spending and continue to spend ungodly amounts of money for very little results, much of which goes into the pockets of frauds, shysters, and politicians. It is primarily the democrats that fan the flames of fear and hysteria to get people vote for them and give large amounts of money to the CC/GW cause, knowing full well that it is a con game. Or if they don't know that then they are being used and aren't smart enough to realize it.

In any event, while humanity cannot change global temperatures in a meaningful way in a short time, they can at least slow down the rise in temperatures over the next 100-200 years or so, if only a little bit. But those efforts to be more efficient and better managed so that we get the most bang for our buck. I think it's clear that so far that ain't happening.

I put it this way: It's true that up to now humanity has not really had much in the way of technology to significantly influence global temps in the short run. But over the log haul it might be true that such programs that reduced carbon emissions over the past 30-some years may have had some minor cumulative effect over that period of time. Meaning that global temps may have risen a little bit less over those years than they would have otherwise.

That said, I suspect that whatever that effect might be probably pales in comparison to the amount of money spent. IOW, we have been spending and continue to spend ungodly amounts of money for very little results, much of which goes into the pockets of frauds, shysters, and politicians. It is primarily the democrats that fan the flames of fear and hysteria to get people vote for them and give large amounts of money to the CC/GW cause, knowing full well that it is a con game. Or if they don't know that then they are being used and aren't smart enough to realize it.

In any event, while humanity cannot change global temperatures in a meaningful way in a short time, they can at least slow down the rise in temperatures over the next 100-200 years or so, if only a little bit. But those efforts to be more efficient and better managed so that we get the most bang for our buck. I think it's clear that so far that ain't happening.
Don't give up! There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Forum List

Back