How do the non-spiritual explain it?

Earth for now is fine tuned for life.

A puddle of water says "what a perfect puddle. Fits me perfect. Must have been made for me. Then the sun heats up and the puddle disappears

The UNIVERSE is fine tuned for life. The Earth is the only place life is known to exist. Puddles of water don't say anything, they can't speak. Do you ever listen to how silly and ridiculous your retorts are?

What proof do you have besides words. Put it on the table.

All you have to do is look at the history of christianity to know its made up. Then throw in the other religions and forget about it.

Based on the history of man and religion its obvious we made it up when we were primitive and superstitious and ignorant.

No it's certainly not obvious. In fact, it's impossible that this is what happened. It's what you like to CLAIM happened, based on your feelings and emotions... a faith-based, non-scientific rationale. When the theory is examined and scrutinized it completely falls apart. It defies rational logic, it defies factual realities, it defies physical nature itself.
At least its a theory with evidence. All god is is a hypothesis. No actual logical scientific reasoning behind it.

There is no evidence and no theory.

Earth for now is fine tuned for life.

A puddle of water says "what a perfect puddle. Fits me perfect. Must have been made for me. Then the sun heats up and the puddle disappears

The UNIVERSE is fine tuned for life. The Earth is the only place life is known to exist. Puddles of water don't say anything, they can't speak. Do you ever listen to how silly and ridiculous your retorts are?
Earth is fine tuned for life right now. Use to be mars.

Where's all the life if the universe is so pro life?

I actually agree with you. I think life is everywhere. Were nothing special in fact were too small to know.

All you have to do is look at the history of christianity to know its made up. Then throw in the other religions and forget about it.

What you are basically saying here is important for everyone to hear in order to know exactly how your particular mind and thinking work. In sillyboob's universe, one must merely "look at something" and form an opinion of conclusion. Actual evidence and facts don't matter, they take a back seat to what you want to see. Open-minded objectivity is a trivial inconvenience sillyboob doesn't have time for while slaying Christians.

Human spirituality FAR predates Christianity. Humans have been spiritual since they stood upright. This is documented. This is not disputable or questionable. If it were "made up superstitions" it would have died out as made up superstitions along with the lengthy list of made up superstitions which met that fate. Instead, 95% of us believe in something greater than self... YOU believe in "Karma" for instance.

What you are basically saying here is important for everyone to hear in order to know exactly how your particular mind and thinking work. In sillyboob's universe, one must merely "look at something" and form an opinion of conclusion. Actual evidence and facts don't matter, they take a back seat to what you want to see. Open-minded objectivity is a trivial inconvenience sillyboob doesn't have time for while slaying Christians.

Human spirituality FAR predates Christianity. Humans have been spiritual since they stood upright. This is documented. This is not disputable or questionable. If it were "made up superstitions" it would have died out as made up superstitions along with the lengthy list of made up superstitions which met that fate. Instead, 95% of us believe in something greater than self... YOU believe in "Karma" for instance.
It is dying. Might take 1000 years but it will die. Were still very young

You don't have any good evidence. No words. Present evidence. Can't? Fail!

I actually agree with you. I think life is everywhere. Were nothing special in fact were too small to know.

You have no idea if Mars was ever suitable for life or if any life has ever existed on Mars. There are people who believe this is possible, and I agree... anything is possible. You have this fixation problem where certain things are said to be possible and your brain converts that to undeniable truth. Science has been wrong more times than it has been right.

I actually don't believe life is abundant in the universe. I think it is extremely rare, at least as far as intelligent life as we know it. Aside from a fine tuned universe, there are about another hundred or so circumstantial variables which have to be a certain way or life on Earth never exists. Dozens upon dozens of specific events in specific order at a specific place and time... Thousands of totally lucky rolls of the dice for literally millions of species to have even had a chance to evolve... humans included.

Now think about this a moment... If an asteroid or whatever it was, had not wiped out the dinosaurs... mammals could have never evolved any larger than rabbits. Humans would have never emerged. Without the human mind, what does any of this mean?

I know that you fervently believe this and I hate to dash your hopes, but human spirituality has been around since the beginning and it won't ever go away. There have been real and brutal 1,000 year wars fought to banish human spirituality... they failed. You cannot stomp spirituality out of the hearts of man.

You have no idea if Mars was ever suitable for life or if any life has ever existed on Mars. There are people who believe this is possible, and I agree... anything is possible. You have this fixation problem where certain things are said to be possible and your brain converts that to undeniable truth. Science has been wrong more times than it has been right.

I actually don't believe life is abundant in the universe. I think it is extremely rare, at least as far as intelligent life as we know it. Aside from a fine tuned universe, there are about another hundred or so circumstantial variables which have to be a certain way or life on Earth never exists. Dozens upon dozens of specific events in specific order at a specific place and time... Thousands of totally lucky rolls of the dice for literally millions of species to have even had a chance to evolve... humans included.

Now think about this a moment... If an asteroid or whatever it was, had not wiped out the dinosaurs... mammals could have never evolved any larger than rabbits. Humans would have never emerged. Without the human mind, what does any of this mean?
Must be a god

To most human minds it does not mean a thing. They would prefer to make up their answers.

WE as a society have NOT come a long way. There are only a handfull of individuals that put any serious thought into what happened and how we got here. The vast majority are playing make believe like little children.

Evidence suggests life on earth came from mars. Were on mars with robots getting samples. Keep your pants on. Weve only begun to figure things out. Why it seems like just yesterday we believed in gods.

I know that you fervently believe this and I hate to dash your hopes, but human spirituality has been around since the beginning and it won't ever go away. There have been real and brutal 1,000 year wars fought to banish human spirituality... they failed. You cannot stomp spirituality out of the hearts of man.

I don't see americans going back to church. I know a lot do but a lot more don't. We're losing our religion. Even religious people agree.

To most human minds it does not mean a thing. They would prefer to make up their answers.

WE as a society have NOT come a long way. There are only a handfull of individuals that put any serious thought into what happened and how we got here. The vast majority are playing make believe like little children.

I am a huge fan of old 50s science fiction. What intrigues me the most is the way people thought back then in terms of science, space, humanity, culture itself. In just a matter of 60 years, our knowledge of the universe has blossomed so much it's really incredible to look back on now.

Then I think about, as big of idiots as we were 60 years ago, we'll probably be looking back on today in 60 more years, thinking the same thing. What morons we were back then!

I look at things like "quantum entanglement" (look it up) and I am in awe of the universe. There is SO much we do not know or even understand. I don't think my God cares that we don't just accept "God did it" and we actually seek to explore HOW. I can't speak for other people's Gods, I don't know what they think and don't really care, to be honest.

I don't see americans going back to church. I know a lot do but a lot more don't. We're losing our religion. Even religious people agree.

Don't know about religions, don't know about Americans. Human spirituality encompasses about 95% of the species population, always has, always will. It hasn't changed in thousands of years and it won't change in thousands more. Religions will rise and fall, they always have. Human spirituality prevails.

Don't know about religions, don't know about Americans. Human spirituality encompasses about 95% of the species population, always has, always will. It hasn't changed in thousands of years and it won't change in thousands more. Religions will rise and fall, they always have. Human spirituality prevails.

I don't see religion getting stronger in Europe or america and I don't see another time in our future where millions will believe another Joseph smith.

You said it yourself. We will look back 60 years from now and laugh at how stupid you were.

Were on mars with robots getting samples. Keep your pants on. Weve only begun to figure things out.

We've not discovered ANY life on Mars. So how in the hell does evidence suggest life on Earth came from Mars? What evidence? There has been NO EVIDENCE OF LIFE ON MARS!

There are certainly the building blocks for life. It's entirely possible we will one day find evidence of microbial life in fossils on Mars. This might help answer questions regarding how prevalent life is in our universe. I can't dispute any of that, but we've not discovered a damn thing living on Mars yet. Until that happens, anything you have to say about life on Mars is a faith-based belief.

I don't see religion getting stronger in Europe or america and I don't see another time in our future where millions will believe another Joseph smith.

Once upon a time, people couldn't see a time in our future where we didn't worship the Roman dictator and people who were Christians weren't fed to the lions. Shit changes.

Forum List

Back